Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (896510 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by isysleek: 11:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
Scanned copy for consent letter for naija passport will be accepted at naija embassy in Washington. That's how I did mine. Just make sure you print it as coloured and let your hubby sign and leave space for you to sign as well. They won't even look at it to know if it's scanned or not. They will just collect it from you and put in a file. Read my post on naija passport in Washington,

fola62:
Hello House, Please I need your urgent help

1. Anybody who has used united airlines to travel back to Nigeria should assist on how to go about buying an infant's ticket (either 2ways or 1way) because one way is more expensive than two ways and someone told me ill also need to show a two way ticket for myself before id be allowed to purchase a two way ticket for my infant.

2. Also, consent form for obtaining a Nigerian Passport. My husband is not around and I intend obtaining a Nigerian passport in the Nigerian Embassy at Washington DC. Id like to know if a scanned copy of the consent form will be accepted at the embassy.

Please help.
Thank You.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by isysleek: 11:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
She's is talking about naija passport and not American passport. Scanned copy is accepted.

spagg56:

A scanned copy wont be accepted he ll av to notorize it here frm a lawyer nd send d original copy to you via post office or fedex.
call United air dat u want to add an infant to ur ticket. Infant less dan 2yrs re entitled to pay 10% of d fare.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by isysleek: 11:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
1. Fill your baby's name as applicant.
2. Yes scanned copy is accepted just make sure you print it coloured.
3. The letter should just state that you and hubby are baby'shower parents and you both give your consent to the issuance of naija passport to enable baby travel back to naija with mother. Then at the bottom of the letter, both of you should write your names and sign. So Huby shuld write two of you names (each name on both extremes of the letter. Let him sign his part then scan to you. You print and sin your own part.

fola62:

Hi isysleek

Kindly help, I'm trying to apply for my baby's passport in DC.
1. If i'm filling the form online, am I going to put my name or my baby's name (as per the applicant) im asking this because of the places I saw email address etc
2. My husband is not around hence, I need a consent form from him. Will the embassy collect a scanned copy or he has to send the original copy from Nigeria
3. Do you have a sample of the consent letter you used (if you used one)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by isysleek: 11:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
Hahaha!!!

Those pple are something else.

lahips:
You are so right at IsySleek, Those peeps at the Nigerian Embassy in Washington DC are just funny, I paid for expedited and the young man there asked me to come back next day, when I met my aunt who works there and told her I was leaving and that I had paid for Expedited Passport and was told to come back next day she was so angry, she went to them took back our money and gave back to us, and still we got the Passport same day, in fact she told me to go home that she will bring it when it is ready instead of me waiting.

Nigerians are truly the same everywhere, I was so shocked, and that their business centre in the embassy, very funny idea, everything is billed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by myelle: 12:19am On Jul 11, 2015
Pls can anybody help me with firstbank customer care no.i can't use my ATM for 3days now am out of cash!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 12:45am On Jul 11, 2015
Hello house,

Pardon my ignorance o.. this is my first baby..LoL

So I was wondering.. would they pierce baby's ears in the hospital and do they charge for this. Should I take earrings along or what.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 1:28am On Jul 11, 2015
No they won't. I was advised not to pierce until after my baby got a first set of shots at 2months. Not if it's the standard practice, but they definitely won't do it at birth.

ewa2014:
Hello house,

Pardon my ignorance o.. this is my first baby..LoL

So I was wondering.. would they pierce baby's ears in the hospital and do they charge for this. Should I take earrings along or what.

Thanks in anticipation

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by darellone: 1:34am On Jul 11, 2015
Call the numbers behind the card or @FirstBankngr on Twitter.

myelle:
Pls can anybody help me with firstbank customer care no.i can't use my ATM for 3days now am out of cash!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 2:05am On Jul 11, 2015
myelle:
07080625000 and 01-4485500
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by fola62: 2:39am On Jul 11, 2015
mamacajah:

Hello fola,

Please check my posts for a sample of the consent form. I put one up recently. For the applicant's name, its your baby's name as you are applying for a passport on the child's behalf. for email, use your email address.

Hi Mamacajah

Thank you sooo much, I have seen the sample on your post. I have a question. Do they accept scanned copy of consent letter as my husband is in nigeria
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by myelle: 3:46am On Jul 11, 2015
zeezahbee:
07080625000 and 01-4485500

Thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
myelle:

seriously though? on this thread

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nairaland is the new Google. ... cheesy grin

Sooner or later or it ll be
"Please can someone locate my hux and help me get my TV remote from the sitting room! grin kiss

anonymousmum:

seriously though? on this thread

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy

olokings:

"Please can someone locate my hux and help me get my TV remote from the sitting room! grin kiss

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sle123: 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2015
Hi Nana89,

congrats on your new born, please can u give me the name of the doctor you used at northside hospital cos i plan to use the hospital and im yet to find a doctor and also how much was your overall cost after everythin. thanks.... i sent you an email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 2:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
olokings:

Lol! It's ridiculous really. Google, heck First Bank website is there for a reason.

I usually waka pass, as other users are happy to oblige but this takes the cake.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by gaggle: 3:05pm On Jul 11, 2015
grin ;DHello house, reporting live from US. Came in on the 9th through Boston, using emirates (dat journey no be beans) with Hubby. POE was over smooth, spent less than 3mins with cbp. Just asked a few questions below :
How long are you spending :_ hubby replied 3 weeks and my wife will be staying a little longer.
Where will you be staying :-hubby said at my wife's aunty's.
He asked us to place our fingers, took pictures and said have a great vacation.
we went to pick our bags,then on our way out we were asked to meet another cbp cos we declared food and cash. He just asked how much we had and what food.We told him and he was like dats fine you are not politicians so we don't care how much you bring along with you just let us know, bye enjoy your stay. so I am chilling in boston now, will start hospital hunting on monday but if I don't get any within budget..houston here I come.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by gaggle: 3:19pm On Jul 11, 2015
I am still confused if they actually noticed my bump or not cos I didn't dress to cover and my bump is quite long but since them no ask purpose of trip we jeje no talk. The only cbp wey give me serious tough time na hubby, right from naija he started harassing me "baby,dis thing u want to wear is too light ",even at Mma2 he started telling me na like dis u wan go stand for there,if I put hand for waist wahala. When we were on the queue at boston airport he will turn to me and say things like stand straight, don't make them come and take us straight to secondary inspection straight. I was almost going crazy with his wahala. Biko,even if na heaven we wan enter... lol. Men sabi panic pass women but dem no go gree..

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toitoi: 4:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
Congratulations!!!!! I can't laugh ooooCBP2

gaggle:
I am still confused if they actually noticed my bump or not cos I didn't dress to cover and my bump is quite long but since them no ask purpose of trip we jeje no talk. The [b]only cbp wey g[/b]ive me serious tough time na hubby, right from naija he started harassing me "baby,dis thing u want to wear is too light ",even at Mma2 he started telling me na like dis u wan go stand for there,if I put hand for waist wahala. When we were on the queue at boston airport he will turn to me and say things like stand straight, don't make them come and take us straight to secondary inspection straight. I was almost going crazy with his wahala. Biko,even if na heaven we wan enter... lol. Men sabi panic pass women but dem no go gree..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2015
olokings:

cheesy grin Rotfl
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
olokings:

Can someone pls give me youtube's website address. I want to watch nollywood movies *straightface*

Please help a sister in need like google is on strike. *passing by*

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
@olokings, @nefertitiram, @ anonymousmum,

God is watching all of you in a 3D mirror. grin cheesy, ..

Abeg me too need assistance, i need bus route from northside chicago to downtown macy's, i want one mac powder like that, make somebody help, i no get patience to read back... grin cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by gaggle: 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
nefertitiram:

Can someone pls give me youtube's website address. I want to watch nollywood movies *straightface*

Please help a sister in need like google is on strike. *passing by*

U dis woman you no serious o...I no fit laugh... lol. Dis forum is so informative and addictive so u won't blame pple for asking about anything. Like me now I wan buy maternity bras and I am tempted to ask for help here,anybody with info on costs,shops and sizes pls help a sister
*runs away *
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Doubledouble: 5:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
@modath, trust u my mouthy mama. How's Chicago?? Wishing u the best. Cheers

@anonymousmom, @nefertitiram, @olokings, you guys should chill pls. The jabs plenty nah. cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 6:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
Doubledouble:
@modath, trust u my mouthy mama. How's Chicago?? Wishing u the best. Cheers

@anonymousmom, @nefertitiram, @olokings, you guys should chill pls. The jabs plenty nah. cheesy

No mind me ojare, just being cheeky... do you know how many questions one sees & just feel like entering the phone/tablet/PC into cyber space to give person better knock for head cheesy

Chicago is cool, weather unpredictable but in all, enjoying before baby show& the mad panic rush for papers et al begins.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akindolz(f): 6:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
Take d orange line.....lwkmf

modath:

@olokings, @nefertitiram, @ anonymousmum,

God is watching all of you in a 3D mirror. grin cheesy, ..

Abeg me too need assistance, i need bus route from northside chicago to downtown macy's, i want one mac powder like that, make somebody help, i no get patience to read back... grin cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
Abeg who know where dem dey sell blackberry javeline or pin north Nokia charger for Manhattan. ..?
Everybody here dey form big man the stores here no get am...
Dudes in the house, please help as I no fit send big madam maw by this time! grin cheesy cool

Once in a whole we just need to crack up and de-stress.. lol

U guys really got me laughing n exercising my ribs this evening. ..afternoon for those weh dey up yonder obodoyibo!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
Abeg who know where dem dey sell blackberry javeline or pin mouth Nokia charger for Manhattan. ..?
Everybody here dey form big man the stores here no get am...
Dudes in the house, please help as I no fit send big madam maw by this time! grin cheesy cool

Once in a whole we just need to crack up and de-stress.. lol

U guys really got me laughing n exercising my ribs this evening. ..afternoon for those weh dey up yonder obodoyibo!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by payju11: 6:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
@ firsttymum, oloking and nfetitiram thanx for your reponses.
Ehn.....so any advise on the documentations to get since I can't have a receipt to show at poe, cos all the chicago drs arent collecting bank transfers except dr akere.
Do i just show them i have money dats all...
Abeg...i hope my questions arent too many.
Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 7:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
payju11:
@ firsttymum, oloking and nfetitiram thanx for your reponses.
Ehn.....so any advise on the documentations to get since I can't have a receipt to show at poe, cos all the chicago drs arent collecting bank transfers except dr akere.
Do i just show them i have money dats all...
Abeg...i hope my questions arent too many.
Thanks in advance

You just don't wanna read through the thread. USE YOUR SEARCH BUTTON DEAR

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 7:34pm On Jul 11, 2015
All these posts like

" i am looking for cheap ticket help a sister plssss"
" How many bags do you get on United Airlines"
" I want to have my baby in Houston how do I go about it"
" I need hospital in America helpp meeee"
" Please I am just confused help a sister plxsssssss" I hate all those beggie beggie posts, so annoying
" I just had my baby, how do I apply for passport" what were you doing in the 3-4 weeks before the delivery?

Are you not an adult? Or are you just lazy? if you are intelligent enough to want American pali for your child surely you must be intelligent to use Google.

Thank God I no call anybody name, so if anyone goes ham on me, na justwise go settle our fight.

Yeah its a lazy Saturday evening, and BabyAnonymous is tucked in for the night so I get time grin

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
gaggle:

U dis woman you no serious o...I no fit laugh... lol. Dis forum is so informative and addictive so u won't blame pple for asking about anything. Like me now I wan buy maternity bras and I am tempted to ask for help here,anybody with info on costs,shops and sizes help a sister
*runs away *
enterr thrift shop. Call macklmore for directions.

@modath if u statt trekking you will reach downtown macys before you deliver and use the mac powder in delivery room. Ndoh

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.