Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892234 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 4:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
Lmao... Yes ma'am. I'll try the pineapple (I'm 27 weeks and I've started that one already), walking up a hill and eating a lot of hot food first, before I brave the tea... operation quick, fast and painless labour has been set in motion grin

Beryl15:

Ok, since you've got first hand info on it you can give it a try. I know castor oil induces labour.
But wait till like 39w to try so U know baby is full term just in case.
Waiting for ya testimony grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2015
Haaaaa.... It doesn't sound very user friendly. I can't imagine going through labour with an upset stomach... Me thinks I'll be giving the castor oil a pass

ejisky:
Castor oil works I've used it twice. For my first at 40wks + 3 days and second at 39 weeks. Ensure you are at least 39 weeks before you use it. My babies are normal didn't have any effect on them but do your research. What is good for the goose might not be good for the gander...

Please note that its the castor oil that is used as a laxative not the one used for hair o. You can get it in Walgreens if you are in the US. It will make your tummy run and in the process induce labour. All the best.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
ejisky:
Castor oil works I've used it twice. For my first at 40wks + 3 days and second at 39 weeks. Ensure you are at least 39 weeks before you use it. My babies are normal didn't have any effect on them but do your research. What is good for the goose might not be good for the gander...

Please note that its the castor oil that is used as a laxative not the one used for hair o. You can get it in Walgreens if you are in the US. It will make your tummy run and in the process induce labour. All the best

Ok ooo! At least you tried it twice successfully.
Let me wait first, I still have a few weeks to go. Google activated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
ewa2014:

My sis in Law also used pineapples... Dunno if u were told but at the early stage of pregnancy, we were told to avoid pineapples At the hospital I used... Its that acidic...LoL

I think they told us that in class. But I have eaten pineapple since the beginning, might be a myth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
toparie:
Lmao... Yes ma'am. I'll try the pineapple (I'm 27 weeks and I've started that one already), walking up a hill and eating a lot of hot food first, before I brave the tea... operation quick, fast and painless labour has been set in motion grin

Painless grin it shall be well with you without an epi.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 5:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
Please allow ur LO relax until he/she decides to come out oh. like she clearly stated what is good for the goose may not be good for the gander. I took full bottle of castor oil, pineapple, cinnamon tea etc grin but na that time my LO sit down gidigba for inside my womb say ''MAMA I AINT MOVING NO WHERE'' i had my baby at 41weeks +. I know the last 2-3weeks is so tiring and everything will begin to irritate u. But don't worry if u could wait 8months, d last month won't do any harm. Pele it is well

Beryl15:

Ok ooo! At least you tried it twice successfully.
Let me wait first, I still have a few weeks to go. Google activated.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ejisky: 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
lol no problem dear what ever works for you.. I do not know if its the castor oil but I had pain free labour on both occasions. I walked around alot though

toparie:
Haaaaa.... It doesn't sound very user friendly. I can't imagine going through labour with an upset stomach... Me thinks I'll be giving the castor oil a pass

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2015
All mums using MIHS, pls what's the total package now &wch of the centres re u using..want to hook u up when I land next month

[b][/b]
bolijiks:
Hello People,

Can anyone advise me on the furnished apartment people using MIHS (phoenix) are majorly using now. As i don't want to be the only Naija preggy in which ever apartment i end up choosing. I am due to travel in 2weeks and need to sort that area out.

Please mamas and papas answer needed urgently.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by back2dmatter: 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
Dear Mamas in the house.........

Please i need your assistance as I will be traveling to Florida soon with my 2 year old toddler (very active).

One of my friends suggested that I buy a baby stroller and more toys to kept him calm and busy during the long queue waiting period at the POE.

Please, what kind of stroller is accepted by United Airline or any other Airlines as hand luggage?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
back2dmatter:

Please i need your assistance as I will be traveling to Florida soon with my 2 year old toddler (very active).

One of my friends suggested that I buy a baby stroller and more toys to kept him calm and busy during the long queue waiting period at the POE.

Please, what kind of stroller is accepted by United Airline or any other Airlines as hand luggage?

GOOGLE IS UR FRIEND grin cheesy
Was reading it today...

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/specialneeds/infants/default.aspx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nita2013:
Please allow ur LO relax until he/she decides to come out oh. like she clearly stated what is good for the goose may not be good for the gander. I took full bottle of castor oil, pineapple, cinnamon tea etc

I can imagine what was going through your LO's mind when you were busy drinking everything. smiley
My first was early so I'm hoping same this time but it doesn't always work like that.#fingerscrossed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
THE ONE HUBBY WILL BENEFIT FROM grin grin some say vigorous sex

ANYWAY according to Google

SEX may help to stimulate your womb (uterus) into action. Having sex can trigger the release of oxytocin, a hormone that helps your contractions. Semen may help to soften, or ripen, the neck of your womb (cervix), ready for it to open when labour starts.

Cc @Beryl15, @ejisky @toparie @ewa2014

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2015
back2dmatter:

Any collapsible stroller will work

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 10:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
Where in Florida are you going? I'm in Orlando

back2dmatter:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 11:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
anonymousmum:
Madam, you should not have cc'd me. Should I go on? Na, I'll stop here. If you wanna take it forward, let's go.
Aunty agbaya ni yin....... See the way you dey fight on public forum. As if you can kill a fly in real life.. grin grin grin

@Poster... Please ask away. No be public forum? grin

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 11:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
firsttymum:
THE ONE HUBBY WILL BENEFIT FROM grin grin some say vigorous sex

ANYWAY according to Google

SEX may help to stimulate your womb (uterus) into action. Having sex can trigger the release of oxytocin, a hormone that helps your contractions. Semen may help to soften, or ripen, the neck of your womb (cervix), ready for it to open when labour starts.

Cc @Beryl15, @ejisky @toparie @ewa2014
grin no comment...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 1:01am On Jul 14, 2015
Tvegas:

Aunty agbaya ni yin....... See the way you dey fight on public forum. As if you can kill a fly in real life.. grin grin grin

@Poster... Please ask away. No be public forum? grin

Awon egbon ti de...I was waiting patiently for your chastisement grin grin grin

How's the LO and madam?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by domrita: 2:37am On Jul 14, 2015
Pls peeps can anyone confirm the story that Nigerian Consulate came to houston to issue nigerian passports here n left yest ie 12th july....pls is this true or r they yet to come to houston. And what time. ...pls i nid this info sharp sharp abeeg. Thanks people!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chiteny(m): 6:41am On Jul 14, 2015
Beryl15:
My Pple I have arrived.
I finally bought another ticket & flew United at 35 weeks after my crazy ordeal with Qatar Airways

Qatar airways is a NO NO for preggy mamas except you're traveling before the 32nd week. Between 32-35 week call and get all the info at least a week to your travel date to avoid stories that touch like in my case.
Their wahala is too much abeg & the stress They put me through no be here.
And forget their website too, they don't follow it.

My POE was Houston after trying to avoid that place like a plague.

Houston POE

CBP: hello
Me: good morning
Collects passport
CBP:.....................................
And traveling with a toddler ain't fun at all..As God would have it, I had empty seats next to mine on both flights. Couldn't have imagined carrying her all through.
Thank God for His Mercies.

Did you make any doctor (s) appointment or payments prior to travelling?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tosyn2baby(f): 8:03am On Jul 14, 2015
Beryl15:

grin no comment...
Am learner!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 8:07am On Jul 14, 2015
anonymousmum:
How's the LO and madam?
I bless God they are doing good. I guess your 2nd trip to Sugarland is already loading.....Quick fire double. grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 8:14am On Jul 14, 2015
Yes they were there last weekend. A friend confirmed it yesterday.

domrita:
Pls peeps can anyone confirm the story that Nigerian Consulate came to houston to issue nigerian passports here n left yest ie 12th july....pls is this true or r they yet to come to houston. And what time. ...pls i nid this info sharp sharp abeeg. Thanks people!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bolijiks: 8:49am On Jul 14, 2015
Hello Fam,

Thanks alot @bambini really helpful.

Quick question, has anybody used USA birth international (formerly Impreva international woman's health and travel management) before or currently making use of their services in Phoenix.

Really interested in their services but I just want to be double sure what they say is what i get. Don't blame me Naija mentality (we need to be double sure) grin wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by beepearl: 9:21am On Jul 14, 2015
Hello House,
Pls I want to ask if one should get an appointment confirmation with one's maiden name or marital name because my passport is in my maiden name but I 've a marriage cert to prove my husband's last name.pls which one is better.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by back2dmatter: 9:53am On Jul 14, 2015
Crawfordville

shelly23:
Where in Florida are you going? I'm in Orlando

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:23am On Jul 14, 2015
beepearl:
Hello House,
Pls I want to ask if one should get an appointment confirmation with one's maiden name or marital name because my passport is in my maiden name but I 've a marriage cert to prove my husband's last name.pls which one is better.

Which appointment confirmation from the hospital? When u r outside the country it safer to fill forms and stuff with d names written on ur passport... That's my idea tho
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 10:34am On Jul 14, 2015
Agree with this view.

All reservations, appointment details should align to what you have on your passport. It is more straightforward that way. This is what I do.

firsttymum:

Which appointment confirmation from the hospital? When u r outside the country it safer to fill forms and stuff with d names written on ur passport... That's my idea tho

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 11:11am On Jul 14, 2015
Tvegas:
I bless God they are doing good. I guess your 2nd trip to Sugarland is already loading.....Quick fire double. grin

ahh let's do first bday parry first grin grin

Plus dollar no good at alll
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 11:31am On Jul 14, 2015
anonymousmum:
Ahh let's do first bday parry first grin grin. Plus dollar no good at all
Honestly, the rate is bad. I dont envy those travelling for birthing right now. Fidelity bank has been the lifeline. I bought some BTA at $199.5 and 305 pounds last week. People should try them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lizcom25: 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
@Tvegas: I greet, and how is the family doing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Yonkers: 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
Thanks to very one for their contributions.
Am currently in new york and am due next month. Gone round some hospitals and it's quiet strange to them that I don't want any insurance even when they strongly feel I qualify because am pregnanT.

It took me time to convince My uncle am sTaying wiTh the legal inplications of Medicare. He even registered me and they sent the documents to the house. I had to call them to cancel it that I don't need it.

Now am attending atenatal at the community health hopital and was told that on the day of delivery I will use mont vernons hospital that's were they do delivery and all my records will be sent to them. Hope to see a doctor this week. Yet to know the cost.

plssssss does any body no about the hospital? One of the social workers that I met said a lady had CS for 5000$ at Jacobi hospital in Yonkers. Plsssss does any one know about the hospital and how much normal delivery will cost.

Also any other hospital with good cost between 2-3000$ will be fine.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Yonkers: 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2015
Yonkers:
Thanks to very one for their contributions.
Am currently in new york and am due next month. Gone round some hospitals and it's quiet strange to them that I don't want any insurance even when they strongly feel I qualify because am pregnanT.
It took me time to convince My uncle am sTaying wiTh the legal inplications of Medicare. He even registered me and they sent the documents to the house. I had to call them to cancel it that I don't need it.
Now am attending atenatal at the community health hopital and was told that on the day of delivery I will use mont vernons hospital that's were they do delivery and all my records will be sent to them. Hope to see a doctor this week. Yet to know the cost.
plssssss does any body no about the hospital? One of the social workers that I met said a lady had CS for 5000$ at Jacobi hospital in Yonkers. Plsssss does any one know about the hospital and how much normal delivery will cost.
Also any other hospital with good cost between 2-3000$ will be fine.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.