Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891737 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by yemmyfinest: 5:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
Thanks for the response @mamacajah & anfanio
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 5:06pm On Aug 06, 2015
Oooh my! cheesy grin
Here I was thinking you were kidding arnd.
Hahahaha. ...lol

firsttymum:

Hello newbie. ....thank you for joining the NL community where you feel at home online.
Please refer to the travel Forum and join the thread giving birth in the USA.
There you may kindly read part 1 and part 2 to current page 217.
Please make sure to hold your jotter pen and whatever resource you need to store info for personal use.
You will find answers that may arose from your prospective venture in the United States.

Pls further feel free to come back and narrate your experience whilst adding to the value of the forum.
Thankyou and good luck.
#press 1 to hear this message again in a different dialect.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by koko83: 7:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
spagg56:
yes I did. Got to the hospital in the morning and met with the payment director and she took me to their women's health clinic. I got doctor's appointment on the spot and did all my medical test and they took me round for maternity tour. Very friendly hospital. But you pay 130 dollars to see the doctor for all those lab test etc.

@koko83 am also plannin on using wyckoff but ll be coming in nxt month. were u able to make it to wyckoff Hospital yesterday.tried sending u a Pm but nt goin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2015
olagirl:
Hello Mommas,
Please will like to ask, if theres a a way around using MIHS even though you are not a resident of Maricopa or Arizona.
Kindly help..

Mehn, we have moved on from MIHS...

Looking like its all brickwalls and barb wires over there

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 06, 2015
so stanbic has charged me 207 for three separate transactions done yesterday. have they now repented ni? grin i know they charged me 199.5 some weeks back please has any one used their card like yesterday or today what was the rate @modath have you used your card lately, abi which kain evil be this one ehn.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by damilola84(f): 8:46pm On Aug 06, 2015
Just arrived Houston after long 16 hr flight from Dubai to Houston to deliver our baby . Will give gist of travel and POE experience when I am fully rested. Any other Houston mothers in the house?

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by spagg56: 9:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
[quote author=koko83 post=36681259][/quote]
thnks dear.pls wat was ur POE lik?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Vlesparza: 9:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
olagirl:
Hello Mommas,
Please will like to ask, if theres a a way around using MIHS even though you are not a resident of Maricopa or Arizona.
Kindly help..

If you have a previous appointment from MIHS they will accept you and honor the same price as before.

Doctoresparati in El Paso (the add is on this forum) still has the same prices.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 10:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
hotmummy2015:
so stanbic has charged me 207 for three separate transactions done yesterday. have they now repented ni? grin i know they charged me 199.5 some weeks back please has any one used their card like yesterday or today what was the rate @modath have you used your card lately, abi which kain evil be this one ehn.

Its 207, I sent them a tweet @stanbicIBTC to confirm. I can't complain,I've done a substantial amount @ 199.5 & 207 is still way better than fidelity's 228.. That bank aint loyal!! angry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 06, 2015
modath:

Its 207, I sent them a tweet @stanbicIBTC to confirm. I can't complain,I've done a substantial amount @ 199.5 & 207 is still way better than fidelity's 228.. That bank aint loyal!! angry
You just delivered and you're this frequent on nairaland? I hail o bros

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by imadebaby: 10:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
is nobody goin to elpaso dis yr?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 10:41pm On Aug 06, 2015
I really commend Modath too...she just had a baby
Weldone!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Obatity: 11:01pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hello All,
I 've been a silent reader of this forum and I 've learnt a lot. In the Spirit of giving back, I would like to share my Houston POE success event.

I left MMA on the 2nd via United airline @34+ wks. My fit to fly was requested for which I gave them. I checked in successfully without any issue. On the airplane I had enough leg room and used the bathroom few times and that helped me to exercise my legs.

We landed safely at Houston around 5:00+am headed to the queue, we were directed to a short queue with only whites. When it's was our turn, the cpb just asked me why I want to have my third child in the US while the first two were born in Nigeria and I simply told her good health care and she stamped us in (hubby, and two kids) 6 months and we headed to custom cos we declared money and food, at agriculture only my indomie onion chicken were trashed and we left.

Had my first appointment today and it went well.
Thanks to all that gave the vital information on this forum, God bless.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jayjay4lyf: 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2015
imadebaby:

Planning elpaso for October again Nov delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jayjay4lyf: 11:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
Nwunyeebuka:
Any November mum here?

Yes o. For elpaso
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 11:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
Obatity:
Hello All,
I 've been a silent reader of this forum and I 've learnt a lot. In the Spirit of giving back, I would like to share my Houston POE success event.

I left MMA on the 2nd via United airline @34+ wks. My fit to fly was requested for which I gave them. I checked in successfully without any issue. On the airplane I had enough leg room and used the bathroom few times and that helped me to exercise my legs.

We landed safely at Houston around 5:00+am headed to the queue, we were directed to a short queue with only whites. When it's was our turn, the cpb just asked me why I want to have my third child in the US while the first two were born in Nigeria and I simply told her good health care and she stamped us in (hubby, and two kids) 6 months and we headed to custom cos we declared money and food, at agriculture only my indomie onion chicken were trashed and we left.

Had my first appointment today and it went well.
Thanks to all that gave the vital information on this forum, God bless.

Congratulation. Thank God for is favour. Please which hospital are you using?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by damilola84(f): 12:52am On Aug 07, 2015
jayjay4lyf:

Yes o. For elpaso

LOL.....El Paso sha

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by damilola84(f): 12:57am On Aug 07, 2015
Toks07:

Congratulation. Thank God for is favour. Please which hospital are you using?

Nice!!! I also just arrived in Houston to deliver baby at West Houston Medical . I have my appointment tomorrow with Dr Ayim. Please e-mail me so we can share experiences . Thanks! @Damilola84

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by damilola84(f): 1:05am On Aug 07, 2015
Nwunyeebuka:
Any November mum here?

Oct Mum already in Houston here....@Damilola84
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 1:27am On Aug 07, 2015
damilola84:

Nice!!! I also just arrived in Houston to deliver baby at West Houston Medical . I have my appointment tomorrow with Dr Ayim. Please e-mail me so we can share experiences . Thanks! @Damilola84

Ok.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by koko83: 1:28am On Aug 07, 2015
spagg56:

thnks dear.pls wat was ur POE lik?

i entered through uk=BA.I informed the officer that am ere for vacation and to give birth. So he repeated by saying to give birth? i said yes and that ve i informed the embassy. So he asked that what was their response and i replied him.

The officer went away with my passport for 2mins and came bk stamp me in without any limitations on number of month in the US

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by omoniaijanimi(f): 1:44am On Aug 07, 2015
damilola84:

@damilola84 - Have you been able to get your accommodation sorted out now?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by damilola84(f): 1:46am On Aug 07, 2015
omoniaijanimi:

@damilola84 - Have you been able to get your accommodation sorted out now?

Yes. I was able to secure an apartment for 4 months through Noble Concierge Services. Google them or mail me if you need details

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hastee: 2:05am On Aug 07, 2015
Hi modath. Congrats on the birth of your baby. Kindly share the birth story, hospital, cost etc. Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 0yin: 4:29am On Aug 07, 2015
Hello,

Pls this question is directed to (ex) Northside hospital mums,Shawbabe....
What other bills were you given after you delivered,other bills like labs and d rest. I hear there's someone that comes in to teach u how to breast feed and they send u a bill...i dont understand.

Can u guys give an estimate of what you paid after the epidural,dr n hospital fees.

I believe I'm speaking for aug/sept mums cc:hotmummy15. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MiddyO(f): 4:33am On Aug 07, 2015
imadebaby:
I am
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 6:15am On Aug 07, 2015
emjaygbols:

Hi Shawbabe, Thanks for ur numerous posts on Northside Hosp birth, I will like clarification on the OB/GYN u used, In ur post after birth, you mentioned that that your OBGYN was a female (used "her" all through) but in ur quote above, u said Dr is Dr. Rosenburg. Which exactly do u use? I'm trying to make a decision. Thanks.

I changed to a "her" and she did my delivery. U don't have to use who I used. Every patient is different. U may dislike her coz she no get time to pamper u, but she's my kinda person. I wanted some one to make me laugh. So check what works for u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 6:20am On Aug 07, 2015
0yin:
Hello,

Pls this question is directed to (ex) Northside hospital mums,Shawbabe....
What other bills were you given after you delivered,other bills like labs and d rest. I hear there's someone that comes in to teach u how to breast feed and they send u a bill...i dont understand.

Can u guys give an estimate of what you paid after the epidural,dr n hospital fees.

I believe I'm speaking for aug/sept mums cc:hotmummy15. Thanks

Of course if u use a lactation consultant, u should expect to pay. I didn't use "extra" services than I paid for, so no extra bill came to me. Lab bills don't come from northside, except they did a test for u there. In my case my obgyn came to northside and delivered my baby.
Labs come from ur obgyn during ur prenatal care. So all Northside did was provide bed for me and baby. Nothing extra than the 3550 I paid.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 6:23am On Aug 07, 2015
imadebaby:

It's played out tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uptown17: 7:43am On Aug 07, 2015
uptown17:
ok my darling mums. i appreciate you all. i will do just that. face US... squarely

@FIRSTYMUM i tired sending you a private email. please respond
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by peaceful22: 7:48am On Aug 07, 2015
Loving all the recent Houston POE. I Tap into the stressfree POE. GOD help me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.