Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893252 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 6:03pm On Aug 07, 2015
duchessgoddess:
Hello everyone!
First of, a very BIG congratulations to all new mums. I tap into that grace of safe delivery. grin
I stumbled upon this thread 4 days ago and read thru from part 1 (and boy what a read! *whew*).
I am an expectant (first time) mum and always had that dream of giving birth in the US, but I wanted to go about it right so my embassy trip doesn't turn out to be a futile and emotionally draining effort (VISA rejection and all). And I learnt a whole lot. Thanks sooo so much for all your selfless contributions.
Unfortunately, I won't be using the US this time around cos I'm 27weeks gone already and I haven't even started the VISA application process!
Defo for my next babies.
I only wish I got to know about this thread weeks earlier sad

If you actually read this thread from part 1,you will know you still have time to put things together except of course if money is not readily available.Some airlines allow you travel at 36 week so start now.......wish you luck

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by neks31(f): 6:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
[quote author=olokings post=36676288]Oooh my! cheesy grin
Here I was thinking you were kidding arnd.
Hahahaha. ...lol

I'm also new !! Im only 3 months preg dunno if it's too early to start looking for hospitals n doc?? Thanks for all the info u guys have for us and I sant wait to give back!! I'm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
koko83:

i entered through uk=BA.I informed the officer that am ere for vacation and to give birth. So he repeated by saying to give birth? i said yes and that ve i informed the embassy. So he asked that what was their response and i replied him.

The officer went away with my passport for 2mins and came bk stamp me in without any limitations on number of month in the US

Congrats on your successful POE but there is absolutely nothing like no limitations on a visiting visa. Only immigrants and United States citizens have such privilege. When you are less busy you can find out your limits here:

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/consent.html

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
Hi Bsharon,

I'd like to know as well as I'd be using her in the next couple of months. Would be nice to know what I'm coming up against

Thanks a bunch

back2dmatter:
Hi Bsharon,

Did you eventually use Dr Amajoh?

If yes, please can you give a breakdown of how much you finally paid?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hastee: 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
EDITED @nef grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Detty16: 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2015
uptown17:
gurus in the house. please help your sis.

i have searched all through for pherma's burden of proof'. i cant find it. can anyone point me to where it is plssssss.. i beg una

Part 1, pg. 105!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2015
Hey peoples....

Congratz to all those with successful POE stories. Here is another successful Houston POE

My wife traveled last week, flew united airline direct to IAH (had already bought the ticket before I found this forum and heard all the Houston wahala).. didn't want to change it tho cos she traveled with my Mum and Dad. I guess this was what made her POE easy cos it was smooth sailing all the way for them. Her fit to fly was requested for @ MMA II and she submitted a photocopy (traveled at 31weeks and she wasn't showing soo much)...
In Houston, the
CBP officer just glanced at the them and asked if they were all together
My Dad :Yes, *pointing* thats his wife and daughter (since the surnames were d same on all passports) .
CBP: flipped thru my d passports and I guess he saw they had been to houston severally (i.e my parents, my wifes was a 1st timer) and asked how long they'd be staying this time.
My Dad said 8 weeks and then the guy just took their fingerprints and stamped them all in. (I guess he didn't notice d baby bump)
No sec. inspection and in agriculture they were about opening their luggage for checks when the official there told them to just go.. (with all the foodstuff my mum packed)... wink cheesy

seems like we have been having a lot of good stories from the houston poe nowadays, is it that they have relaxed or people just don't want to share their not-so-good stories..??

To all expectant mothers:you are in our prayers, you'll definitely experience the joy of carrying your LO's IJN

.......with no additional/surprise bills oh.... grin cheesy cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sugah: 8:49pm On Aug 07, 2015
modath:

There is no US certified VO here, reading through the thread is what everyone else do & will help you with your child's application.& is it a son or a daughter.

All these women sef!! What if she has twins? grin grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by daroay(f): 9:04pm On Aug 07, 2015
kaakaa:
Where are the Los Angeles bound mamas using dr mbagwu, pls holla me let's plan together.....
his services are so affordable, Dr fee, hosp fee, epidural,less than 5k.... and we can visit hollywood too and act small, heard dey are looking for black preggy mamas lol.... grin just kidding
Send me a Pm let's chat......
am leaving by October though..... we can get and share an apartment too to save cost and be together....
May God bless our plans and effort....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kaakaa(f): 9:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
daroay:
@Kaaka Pls I need dr mbagwu's phone no urgently and other details can you pls inbox it to me? Hope u still have them?Thanks

Drs number +13106724881.... when you call him he will give you other details....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by daroay(f): 9:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
Pls I need dr mbagwu's contact info. Pls inbox me thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by daroay(f): 9:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
kaakaa:

Drs number +13106724881.... when you call him he will give you other details....
. Thanks so much I got across to him now but I was told he isn't around so i'll call back later.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kaakaa(f): 9:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
0yin:

Hello,
There are 2 female drs in d practice that I know,Collen Cherry and Dr Godwin.
Met both of them but i prefer Dr Godwin.

Thanks dear... will definitely check them out.... but this there style of submitting documents before getting a dr na wa.... there process is not very straightforward cimparted to other hosp....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kaakaa(f): 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
daroay:
. Thanks but is that his personal no cos I got this same no online and I tried calling but a lady picked

Eh heh.....that's his office number....ask her for the Dr and state why you are calling she will attend to you.....
I dont have his personal number not like you need it to get info though or book an appointment....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 0yin: 11:19pm On Aug 07, 2015
kaakaa:

Thanks dear... will definitely check them out.... but this there style of submitting documents before getting a dr na wa.... there process is not very straightforward cimparted to other hosp....

how are they not straight forward?isn't better to send ur records n dey review to know if they can take you get here.besides if your records are comprehensive enough you wouldn't need to redo them....unless I'm missing something.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 11:28pm On Aug 07, 2015
please i am abit confused here. what is the allowable baggage limit with united airline?
Becos from their website i am seeing 23kg. but was not stated if it is one (1) bag or two (2) like other airline

shawlar:
Hey peoples....

Congratz to all those with successful POE stories. Here is another successful Houston POE

My wife traveled last week, flew united airline direct to IAH (had already bought the ticket before I found this forum and heard all the Houston wahala).. didn't want to change it tho cos she traveled with my Mum and Dad. I guess this was what made her POE easy cos it was smooth sailing all the way for them. Her fit to fly was requested for @ MMA II and she submitted a photocopy (traveled at 31weeks and she wasn't showing soo much)...
In Houston, the
CBP officer just glanced at the them and asked if they were all together
My Dad :Yes, *pointing* thats his wife and daughter (since the surnames were d same on all passports) .
CBP: flipped thru my d passports and I guess he saw they had been to houston severally (i.e my parents, my wifes was a 1st timer) and asked how long they'd be staying this time.
My Dad said 8 weeks and then the guy just took their fingerprints and stamped them all in. (I guess he didn't notice d baby bump)
No sec. inspection and in agriculture they were about opening their luggage for checks when the official there told them to just go.. (with all the foodstuff my mum packed)... wink cheesy

seems like we have been having a lot of good stories from the houston poe nowadays, is it that they have relaxed or people just don't want to share their not-so-good stories..??

To all expectant mothers:you are in our prayers, you'll definitely experience the joy of carrying your LO's IJN

.......with no additional/surprise bills oh.... grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:46pm On Aug 07, 2015
My people,
Please help me.

Is there anyone flying KLM on 22nd Aug, from Houston to Lagos? I'M hoping by a stroke of luck there is someone. Please reach out to me if you are, or you know someone who is.

Asking for a friend.

Gracias!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nwunyeebuka(f): 11:48pm On Aug 07, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
kaakaa:
Where are the Los Angeles bound mamas using dr mbagwu, pls holla me let's plan together.....
his services are so affordable, Dr fee, hosp fee, epidural,less than 5k.... and we can visit hollywood too and act small, heard dey are looking for black preggy mamas lol.... grin just kidding
Send me a Pm let's chat......
am leaving by October though..... we can get and share an apartment too to save cost and be together....
May God bless our plans and effort....

im Nov mum leaving in Oct. pls send me a Pm let's chat
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by damilola84(f): 12:01am On Aug 08, 2015
teeboy95:

Hi,
I sent you a PM, did you see it?

@teeboy95 - Yes I did. Unfortunately I have been out all day running errands and doc appt.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 10:14am On Aug 08, 2015
0yin:

Hello,
There are 2 female drs in d practice that I know,Collen Cherry and Dr Godwin.
Met both of them but i prefer Dr Godwin.You should note that any of the drs in d practice can deliver your baby, its not cast in stone.

There are actually 3 female Drs. Not 2.
And u are right, any1 can deliver ur baby, I was lucky my obgyn listened to my plea and showed up for me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2015
sugah:

All these women sef!! What if she has twins? grin grin grin

Me & you know the koko nah. wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by yuddiepro: 10:49am On Aug 08, 2015
Dear NL mama's and Papa's,

Pls does anyone have information on any affordable hospital and dr in san Jose area California. I have taken time to search thru the thread but cant seem to get any info on it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 1:32pm On Aug 08, 2015
dyout:
please i am abit confused here. what is the allowable baggage limit with united airline?
Becos from their website i am seeing 23kg. but was not stated if it is one (1) bag or two (2) like other airline

was at d dulles airport yest to see ma oga off n get my baby's ticket. got it for 357$.

asked bout d luggage thing

its 2 luggage each per person of 23kg and 1 23kg for d baby.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bestnews: 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2015
I will be arriving Texas houston, on 19 August, Using Dr Fagbohun, is will to share accommodation with me 2 or 3 bedroom flat.
reach me on goodhouse35@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 3:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
bestnews:
I will be arriving Texas houston, on 19 August, Using Dr Fagbohun, is will to share accommodation with me 2 or 3 bedroom flat.
reach me on goodhouse35@gmail.com
I efing hate English language....

Ego le?

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by neks31(f): 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
Hi all! can't find any Oklahoma hospitals?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by neks31(f): 4:24pm On Aug 08, 2015
I must commend y'all for all you do!!! Dunno if it's too early to start shopping for good hospitals cos I'm still in my first trimester!! May God bless all the mamas in the house !! I have family in Oklahoma, Maryland and Dallas!! Seen hospitals n Drs in MD and Dallas but not one hospital in Oklahoma n I have a sissy there!! Thank u guys n I hope to give back to this wonderful thread when I get any info! God bless u

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by blackedwin: 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2015
damilola84:
Just arrived Houston after long 16 hr flight from Dubai to Houston to deliver our baby . Will give gist of travel and POE experience when I am fully rested. Any other Houston mothers in the house?
Congratulations on your arrival, Arriving houston 16th Sept. Dr Amaro west houston medical Centre
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 4:41pm On Aug 08, 2015
firsttymum:

Ego le?

When dem begin beat u, i go look the other way. cheesy grin

shimk:

was at d dulles airport yest to see ma oga off n get my baby's ticket. got it for 357$.
asked bout d luggage thing
its 2 luggage each per person of 23kg and 1 23kg for d baby.

Wowza!!! , thats s bit high...why didnt you book through the Nigerian end? Got my baby's tix for a $115 with tax.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2015
hahaha nothing person no go see here. Madam take am easy. grin omo!

firsttymum:

Ego le?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2015
modath:

When dem begin beat u, i go look the other way. cheesy grin

Wowza!!! , thats s bit high...why didnt you book through the Nigerian end? Got my baby's tix for a $115 with tax.

Where in Nigeria did you book. Klm VI office gave us 95k plus a baby.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2015
Nogen:

Where in Nigeria did you book. Klm VI office gave us 95k plus a baby.

I'm flying Turkish Airline, my husband did @ their sheraton Abuja office,..

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.