Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,821 members, 7,817,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893014 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:25am On Aug 11, 2015
firsttymum:

If u r expecting a boy the kpekus was before 11th December if na girl after 11th
But think of d 11th of dec kpekus

grin shocked

You sef don turn Obgyn
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:26am On Aug 11, 2015
The
algfred:
Morning NLs, I wanted Madam to feel the breeze and relax well before I interrogate her for the POE experience, so as ion film as quoted "
Congratulations to her o! When God hand dey inside matter na so e dey b... We give God the glory
roberta26:
Hello everyone. .v bn in the #silentreader team..but in thd spirit of giving back coz the trend had bn so helpful.

..abit tricky but i held on to my faith..lol. il give the full gist in abit
Oya comman complete the gist before our popcorn will finish

@Bsharon we still dey wait u o wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:01am On Aug 11, 2015
1sttimemom:
jeeez!!read d. Thread madam..houston. Na lik lagos island,d information has been spreadin dis forum..I..ny1 dat comes here asking. 4. Hospitals in houston just wants to be spoon fed

Abi bottlefed! With enfamil newborn ready to feed bottle. Athey dont even want to mix the powder formula with water.
Just pop and swallow. As if those of us chewing bones, roaming the streets looking for doctors are from mars. 'Please help a sister, help a brother' I need info on Hawaii and Alaska childbirth' We lost info on this thread during.the tsunami! We still managed to build it up to over 600 pages of priceless information. Even Houston POE officers know this theead in and out! Haba!

If you research and come and give us info to replace MIHS you no do bad ooo
For all dem newbies that want to be bottle fed, here is your enfamil newborn bottle! Read the instructions sha. Do not add water!

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:17am On Aug 11, 2015
nefertitiram:

Abi bottlefed! With enfamil newborn ready to feed bottle. Athey dont even want to mix the powder formula with water.
Just pop and swallow. As if those of us chewing bones, roaming the streets looking for doctors are from mars. 'Please help a sister, help a brother' I need info on Hawaii and Alaska childbirth' We lost info on this thread during.the tsunami! We still managed to build it up to over 600 pages of priceless information. Even Houston POE officers know this theead in and out! Haba!
For all dem newbies that want to be bottle fed, here is your enfamil newborn bottle! Read the instructions sha. Do not add water!
Omg I'm laughing and rolling to houston hahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahha
Chai chai this is it!
Nefe for Presido o

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:17am On Aug 11, 2015
nefertitiram:

grin shocked

You sef don turn Obgyn
Ehen na
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by emjaygbols(f): 11:26am On Aug 11, 2015
LOL!!! You people won't kill someone oo. But on a more serious, you won't understand the depth of info on this thread. You learn the ffg and LOTS MORE

1. How best to package yourself for a visa for childbirth
2. Tips for smooth POE entry
3. How to contact hospitals, get necessary info - best prices, negotiate fees with doctors/hospitals
4. Travelling with toddlers - what to pack - medications, toys n co, how to handle them on the plane
5. How to get obodo Igbo pali in a swift manner
6. Tips on what to buy after childbirth for baby cc Shawbabe
7. Places to shop in some areas
8. The freebies you get after birth
9. Banks with best exchange rates (Opened my Stanbic account already, I can't shout!), Banks with best PTA rates
10. Loads and loads of other VERY NEEDED INFO.

I am not even pregnant yet and have started taking note on important points. I'm sure when I'm ready even my host in US will be more than surprised. A whole lot are on this thread than you can imagine and it's fun when you read. Loads of sturvs to crack you up.

Dear Africans, READ!!!!

Signout!

26 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2015
emjaygbols:
LOL!!! You people won't kill someone oo. But on a more serious, you won't understand the depth of info on this thread. You learn the ffg and LOTS MORE

Dear Africans, READ!!!!

Signout!
Well said
Lemme divert a little... Please do u still have the maggi ebook?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by emjaygbols(f): 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2015
firsttymum:

Well said
Lemme divert a little... Please do u still have the maggi ebook?

Yes I do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:16pm On Aug 11, 2015
emjaygbols:

Yes I do.
Pls send it to me o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:17pm On Aug 11, 2015
Got an email from access bank they are giving BTA/PTA in all their branches nationwide...
I think almost all if not all banks are giving PTA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by emjaygbols(f): 1:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
firsttymum:

Pls send it to me o!

Done.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:53pm On Aug 11, 2015
emjaygbols:

Done.
Thanks a lot darling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by duchessgoddess(f): 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
hello everyone,
please I need your help urgently.
submitted my visa application form already and the closest appointment date is 14th october. I'm a REALLY early November mum. EDD is less than 3 weeks from the interview date. Do I qualify for an expedited appointment?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamacajah: 3:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
duchessgoddess:
hello everyone,
submitted my visa application form already and the closest appointment date is 14th october. I'm a REALLY early November mum. EDD is less than 3 weeks from the interview date. Do I qualify for an expedited appointment?

@duchessgoddess, I am not sure if you do. But what others have done in the past that worked was to keep a close watch and refreshing the page. soe were lucky to get a slot earlier, others were not. So you can try that and prayyyy for a closer date.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mrsoje(f): 3:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
@ DoVee what is the update? Any luck?

firsttymum:

We know there's a shortage, but the ones available are hoarded, so people pay more than necessary for it. But that's in naija...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 3:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
Hellos.
My take.
I think the time period of ur appointment date is/was solely determined by you. Cos on their website I clearly remember seeing an advise to apply will ahead of time for your trip.

In view of the above, you could try calling the customer care however I wouldn't hold my breath for a positive answer (reality check) buh if you armed yourself very well. ... you still got time yo buy your ticket immediately after the interview. .
Lucky enough is a period when flight tickets are even gonna be on the low. ..
Good luck

duchessgoddess:
hello everyone,

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by duchessgoddess(f): 4:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
mamacajah:

@duchessgoddess, I am not sure if you do. But what others have done in the past that worked was to keep a close watch and refreshing the page. soe were lucky to get a slot earlier, others were not. So you can try that and prayyyy for a closer date.

hmmm... I'm really praying oh. even a week earlier would be appreciated. Thanks tho.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lahips: 4:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
modath:

Babe, you do not want to buy wipes from the US, especially if you live in lagos, those things weigh a ton & the difference in price is non existent.

Do an experiment, ask someone to price it for you & compare the price, on another note, you paid for baggage allowance, you may as well gbadun it...

So true, I had loads of gifts and most of them were wipes and diapers, I left all the extra wipes I had with my sister as it made no sense carrying them, they weigh a lot.

Moreover I can still use them soonest.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 4:36pm On Aug 11, 2015
nefertitiram:

Neff, I can't wait to meet u
So full of humor I must say
You crack me up alwaiz

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2015
duchessgoddess:

hmmm... I'm really praying oh. even a week earlier would be appreciated. Thanks tho.

I advise u keep checking if u looking at Abj
I quickly jumped at the only available date 2 weeks ago for my mum and had to book 29th Sep which is waaay not it for me, but was scared that I may see Oct as the next date.
The next day, even 10th of Sep was available and many days before 29th, I had changed appointment before that day so couldn't reschedule.
Pls hold on a bit and check all through tomorrow, u may be lucky
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2015
duchessgoddess:
hello everyone,
U don't qualify for expedited o... Keep refreshing u might see an early date

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by roberta26: 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
[quote author=firsttymum post=36837799]The
Oya comman complete the gist before our popcorn will finish..

lol.. yes boss grin grin..right away

back to my POE story.. sorry its a long story
like i said earlier i travelled alone at 32weeks ..this time with doctors correspondence and investigations from my antenatals in naija a 4k cash that i got from PTA.. plan was that hubby will come and join me in few weeks, he will get PTA too as aboki dollars wasnt smiling.

fast forward to the queue.. i queued in front of one male CBP officer, the guy no look nice at all...in my mind i was pleading blood of JESUS and declaring favour and mercy
finally got to my turn

CBP; is this ur first time in the US
me; with a bright smile....YES.
cbp; what is the purpose of your visit
me; im here for summer vacation and to have my baby
cbp; (looks up and said).. yall think its okay to come and have a baby in the country..what if the country says its not ok??
me; (my mind cut small..but i tried to remain as calm as possible) i hope the country wont say that
cbp; please follow me for secondary inspection of your papers
me; ok sir, no problem... undecided undecided

fear don dey catch me buh mehn..i just dey clabash prayer for my mind

sat for few minutes and was summoned by 2 black female officers

1st officer; why are you here ma
me ;im here for summer and to have my baby
1st officer; any doctors correspondence?
me ; yes...(i brought out my documents and gave her the doctors letter)
1st officer; how much cash do you have on you
me ;4k
1st officer; your doctor uses sinai hospital in baltimore maryland..thats an expensive hospital. how do you intend to pay for that?
me; oh my husband will be joining me in 2weeks.. he will be coming with the remaining cash to cover for the expenses.. i came ahead of him to meet up with the doctors appointment which is next week..
1st officer: wot do u do,and ur husband too
me; we r both doctors
1st officer; then why do you want to have your baby here
me; change of environment and then my SIL invited us over and we think its goin to be a good idea
0fficer; when are you due.
me; (bearing in mind that i said november at visa interview..chai lying is not good o..but then dey no fit catch me for here.) so i answered...my latest ultrasound puts me at early october, which is plus or minus 2weeks ..so im expecting september or october....although at the time of my visa interview...due date was estimated to be around november as i had my period till february.
1st officer; is this ur first baby
me; yes
officer; can i have the envelope containing ur documents please
me;( shocked shocked shocked.... i had investigations from nija dt shows the real preggy dating n edd dere..and the notary form i gt frm nija shocked shocked shocked i tried separating the ones i dont want her to see )
officer: maa il like to see everything

i gave it to her..in my mind blasting prayers that they wont see what they are not soposed to see, went back to sit down..acting all cool and ca..i started gisting with kenyan couple waiting to be interrogated
the 2 female officers called another male officer to join them..the 3 of them started checking all the papers one by one..including the notarized form my husband has already filled shocked shocked shocked....they were srutinizing everything like they wanted to do jamb exam.
after all thier checking papers..one of them took the documents inside
the 2nd female officer called me ;

2nd officer; what did u tell them at ur interview
me;that il be coming for summer and to have my baby
2nd officer; ma ,im going to ask u one more time wot did u tell them at the interview
me; (with straight face).. like thats wot i told them ma, only thing is i wasnt sure if il be having d baby during d summer vacation.but as it is now i might be too heavy to travel back after the summer, so il be staying back..
BUT EMBASSY is fully aware of my birthing intentions..u can check the system.
2nd officer; ok u can go and have your sit.
she stood up and went to join the others in their inner office

after some minutes one of them came back with my papers and dropped it with another officer at their counter.
All of them acted like they dint evn check the papers.
after few minutes the officer called me ..stamped me 6months..and said ..please make sure u pay all ur bills and collect all ur receipts..we will ask for them the next time you are coming in...
me ;(finally..thank you JESUS)...thank you very much ..i definitely will..

MORAL OF MY STORY; avoid lying as much as possible no matter aw small...and travel with cash...
i hope this helps someone..
gracias

22 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 5:28pm On Aug 11, 2015
[quote author= roberta26 post=36850481][/quote]
Yeepeeeeee congratulations.... Thank God for you o! I always wondered what their question will b when a Dr says they are coming for birthing, it's just dicey.... I've wished a Dr will come and share POE story.... I've gained something from your post... Thanks alot

And I wish you a smooth and swift delivery

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by roberta26: 5:52pm On Aug 11, 2015
[quote author=firsttymum post=36851295]
Yeepeeeeee congratulations.... Thank God for you o! I always wondered what their question will b when a Dr says they are coming for birthing, it's just dicey.... I've wished a Dr will come and share POE story.... I've gained something from your post... Thanks alot
And I wish you a smooth and swift delivery.

thanks alot my sister, wishing you safe journey and smooth entry..and a safe delivery too..and all the mamas in the house
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by duchessgoddess(f): 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
olokings:
Hellos.
My take.
I think the time period of ur appointment date is/was solely determined by you. Cos on their website I clearly remember seeing an advise to apply will ahead of time for your trip.

In view of the above, you could try calling the customer care however I wouldn't hold my breath for a positive answer (reality check) buh if you armed yourself very well. ... you still got time yo buy your ticket immediately after the interview. .
Lucky enough is a period when flight tickets are even gonna be on the low. ..
Good luck

Thanks olokings.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by duchessgoddess(f): 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2015
Popri:

I advise u keep checking if u looking at Abj
I quickly jumped at the only available date 2 weeks ago for my mum and had to book 29th Sep which is waaay not it for me, but was scared that I may see Oct as the next date.
The next day, even 10th of Sep was available and many days before 29th, I had changed appointment before that day so couldn't reschedule.
Pls hold on a bit and check all through tomorrow, u may be lucky

popri, yes it's Abj. thanks so much.. I just pray at least late September/1st week of October works out for me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by yemmyfinest: 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
[quote author=roberta26 post=36850481][/quote]

Congrats and i wish you the very best on the next stage.

But i must say sinai hospital is expensive i got a quotation from them last week for both VS and CS
14K and 22K respectively and Dr fess was not included.Did you get the same quotation from them as well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2015
nefertitiram:

Yes nah, as dem don turn to our lil bobo K nko? cool

@ firsttymum, @ olokings

I need information on how to locate my mouth, i no know where to put food again. tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by roberta26: 6:52pm On Aug 11, 2015
yemmyfinest:

Congrats and i wish you the very best on the next stage.
But i must say sinai hospital is expensive i got a quotation from them last week for both VS and CS
14K and 22K respectively and Dr fess was not included.Did you get the same quotation from them as well

my sister hospital for this maryland no they smile at all,its just like the other maryland mums said.
i came here coz this is the only place i v family members..but i was with the hope that il get somtn good one way or another.
i practically visited all the hospitals in baltimore..called tons in other counties..they all gave high price quote with maximum of 2% discount..and their price quote does not include doctors,pediatricians or epidural fee.

sinai gave me a quote of $12,750, although Dr Parsons..the obgyn that gave me the letter..(charges $2k for normal delivery) sais some of his selfpay patients pay aroud 6 to 7k to d hospital after delivery..i dont know how true that is.

St. agnes gave hospital charges of $8k no discount..for both mother and baby.

mercy medical centre gave $12500 with 1% discount for 2days stay for mother and baby

greater baltimore medical centre gave a quote of $7700
same as medstar franklin square hospital.
holy cross hospital $5k-5k5 for mum and about 1k5 to 2k for baby...and about 1percnt discount.
Anne arundel medical centre..$5780 for mum and $2000 fr baby..2percnt discount.
all this fees does not include doctors, peadiatrician, epidural fees..just hospital stay

i dint bother calling prince george hospital after reading some1s experience with them here.

in short maryland is not a place to come to when you are working on a tite budget..they more or less charge the same amount they charge patients with insurance.

eventually thanks to @aye88..shes bn very helpful.. i finally settled for the hospital she used..although its 1hour 12min drive frm where i stay in baltimore..(which is about the same distance as some hospital in maryland)

its inova alexandria hospital in virginia.. they charge $4621 for mum and baby 2 days hospital stay..which myt be lessee than that depending on how long u stay...got a pediatrician that charges 200dollae..and obgyn DR anser charges 2500..accepted my naija results,and only requested for a few i dint do before

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:48pm On Aug 11, 2015
@roberta26
See better person! Good Job! You did extensive research!
Tiri gbosa for you.

Congrats on your bundle of Joy in advance

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2015
With this itinerary, where will be my POE?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 10:01pm On Aug 11, 2015
Choil!!! babes u nailed it oooooo. hahahahahahahah......
[quote author=nefertitiram post=36839025]

Just pop and swallow. As if those of us chewing bones, roaming the streets looking for doctors are from mars. 'Please help a sister, help a brother' I

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.