Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892283 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
firsttymum:
Popri
OLOKINGS
Shawlar
Toparie
Ozycy
Financefitness
LadyG
Shrekandfiona

Just waving and waddling away
I wave back o! How the truck pushing de go ? grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 6:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
Phema:

Wow! Just wow! God is wonderful. Congrats dear.

Are you a first time mum? You don use one stone kill three birds. grin

Thanks Phema. Na so God do am. Been following this thread while I was still struggling to conceive . Yes, I'm a first time mum.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
ejisky:
Waoooo triplets!!!! Congratulations.. I envy you. The journey whey we dey waka 3 times ... lol... May God continue to bless your family. Amen

[Qquote author=Nogen post=37174245]Oh Boy! Finally out of El Paso with my trio. Gave birth to a set of triplets about 5 weeks ago. The doctor and her team were amazing. Had an awesome experience at El Paso, met some wonderful mums and dads at HisGracelodge and the services were great and cost effective. Helped me saved a whole lot of money.

Now, I have ported to Soulcare Concierge in Houston. I missed the party wella but aunty I.j mustmake it up to me.
Having an awesome time here. All you Houston mamas, come out o. I greet una.

Thanks o. Don't envy me o. This journey started almost 10 years ago. I don't wish my enemy to go through this kind of struggle before having children. I Tha k God who has compensated me for the years I waited by giving me 3 at a go.

32 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 6:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
ozycy:

Triplets shocked wow. Congrats dear. And you still have strength to go to Houston. Greet aunty Ij for me grin. Will join you pple soon.

Thanks dear. Yea. I gave her my word that we must pass through her home before going back to Naija. Since all our documents are ready and we still have some time to spend with her, why not? I will send your greetings .

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 6:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
Scoooooore!
Hahaha. ...
Welcome back firsty!
grin cool

LadyGuinivere:

I wave back o! How the truck pushing de go ? grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ejisky: 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
10 years!!! God really compensated you... this is a very big testimony.. Really happy u..congrats once again.

Nogen:

Thanks o. Don't envy me o. This journey started almost 10 years ago. I don't wish my enemy to go through this kind of struggle before having children. I Tha k God who has compensated me for the years I waited by giving me 3 at a go.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 7:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
First of, triple congrats to you on your successful journey.
Secondly, another triple for being three times a lady! Wow. ..triplets. .hmmm.
Thirdly, u re not a first time mum ooh. ..u re a three time mum. ...u shattered the scale meehn. ..
Wish u strength and multiple levels of joy as you nurse your cuties into greatness. ...
Triple fireworks in your honour!

Nogen:

Thanks Phema. Na so God do am. Been following this thread while I was still struggling to conceive . Yes, I'm a first time mum.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 7:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nogen:
Oh Boy! Finally out of El Paso with my trio. Gave birth to a set of triplets about 5 weeks ago. The doctor and her team were amazing. .

Iya ibeta! Triple congratulations to you. God bless you and the triplets.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 7:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
Not true, I got a quote from Delta in May for $85 for my daughter which I was to pay at the airport.

I had to change my travel date and ended up paying $191 about a month later. I found out the $85 initially quoted was for one way because the person I spoke to assumed my daughter had a naija passport. I eventually bought the return ticket because I found out they won't sell one way to naija with a naija visa in a US passport (same way you can't buy one way to the US with your B1/B2 visa). When I got home, I applied for a refund for the unused leg of the trip and I got $85 almost 2 months later.

ewa2014:
Dear house, lemme reiterate what some other mamas already adviced as I almost fell victim...

Do NOT purchase ur infant ticket from the US. It is expensive. Delta/Air France almost sold me my infants ticket for about $400 when I accompanied DH to the airport earlier this week.

DH has gone to their Nigerian office and bought the same ticket for about $150 ([s]cos it's premium according to them, else it wld be cheaper I guess).[/s]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 7:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
dere5:

Amen! !! Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 7:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
olokings:
First of, triple congrats to you on your successful journey.
Secondly, another triple for being three times a lady! Wow. ..triplets. .hmmm.
Thirdly, u re not a first time mum ooh. ..u re a three time mum. ...u shattered the scale meehn. ..
Wish u strength and multiple levels of joy as you nurse your cuties into greatness. ...
Triple fireworks in your honour!

Awwww! Thank you so much Sir

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 7:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
ejisky:
10 years!!! God really compensated you... this is a very big testimony.. Really happy u..congrats once again.

Thank you Sir. I return all glory to God
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
dere5:

Thanks and Amen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 7:46pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nogen:

God bless you and yours real good. Your story is a source of encouragment to others who are still in Gods waiting room,it confirms that our God is still in the business of doing miracles

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 8:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
shanaka29:
Hi guys,

i hope you can help a sister here. I'm due mid november and was planning to use El paso birth center.
The catch is that i've been diagnosed with a low lying placenta, hence, preventive c-section for me at 37 weeks mandatory.
Problem is i'm at risk of hemorrhage at any point in the third trimester and God forbid, if it happens before 37 weeks, the baby would be premature and need extra care.
So now we have 3 major problems:
- Pray that nothing happens (bleeding and stuff) and for our lo to stick as long as possible for her own sake
- Assess if it would be reasonnable to fly long distance with a placenta preavia

Hi Shanaka, placenta previa should be handled with care. Your Doctor will know the type/grade which you fall under and will advise you appropriately; however, even if your doc says its mild, my advice is that you should make every effort to travel earlier than your scheduled date cos u about 28 weeks now, and placenta migration theory may not apply to u now...Save yourself from uncertainties.
@ Nogen, congratulations, God is faithful..
@ firsttymum, u just entered ghost mode for some days, kilode?
Y'al should stay blessed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 8:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nogen:

Congratulation Nogen. God is good all the time. May your trio be a joy to their generation.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadetola: 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2015
shelly23:
Not true, I got a quote from Delta in May for $85 for my daughter which I was to pay at the airport.

I had to change my travel date and ended up paying $191 about a month later. I found out the $85 initially quoted was for one way because the person I spoke to assumed my daughter had a naija passport. I eventually bought the return ticket because I found out they won't sell one way to naija with a naija visa in a US passport (same way you can't buy one way to the US with your B1/B2 visa). When I got home, I applied for a refund for the unused leg of the trip and I got $85 almost 2 months later.
My thinking is the diffeence that it could can be tax. One delta agent also explained that it its better to add d ticket earlier immediate after birth it's cheaper

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamacajah: 9:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nogen:

Wow! Our GOD is awesome. I thank GOD for you, your life, your faith, your patience and your miracle babies.. all roads have closed now..chikena. kei..abeg tell them sey their senior sister dey wait them for najia oh (read my story to understand more.. lol.. he did it for me as well..so I know how you feel). Our awesome God will keep and protect them all the days of their lives. They will always be a blessing to you and the world at large. congrats once again.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 9:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
ejisky:

A very big congratulations to you Nogen,I remembered you were the first person who replied me when I joined this thread.The miracle working God will keep them and bless them eternally in Jesus name,your joy will be everlasting too by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nogen:

Aaawww, lovely! God gave you triple for your trouble. kiss

Mixed genders? Hope you have enough helping hands? Even at that, I'm sure you will be overwhelmed. Congrats again.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bigfido: 9:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
google ashford court

dtush:

My sister, mesef dey find accommodation oo. I have 2 doctors lined up and rhe birth center. I want to check them out before i make up my mind. The accommodation a family frd got me is too expensive. She is subletting a room for me in a two bedroom flat owned by her for 600 dollars. My uncle in Dallas said its too expensive so now am back to the drawing board. If u av any leads on apartment in Richmond, biko help a sister
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
Phema:

Aaawww, lovely! God gave you triple for your trouble. kiss

Mixed genders? Hope you have enough helping hands? Even at that, I'm sure you will be overwhelmed. Congrats again.

Yea. Mixed genders. Helping hands will be bountiful when we get to Naija. Overwhelmed is an understatement. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 10:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
bisilola:

A very big congratulations to you Nogen,I remembered you were the first person who replied me when I joined this thread.The miracle working God will keep them and bless them eternally in Jesus name,your joy will be everlasting too by God's grace.

Thanks Sweetie. Amennnn!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
mamacajah:

Wow! Our GOD is awesome. I thank GOD for you, your life, your faith, your patience and your miracle babies.. all roads have closed now..chikena. kei..abeg tell them sey their senior sister dey wait them for najia oh (read my story to understand more.. lol.. he did it for me as well..so I know how you feel).

Thanks Mamacajah. I knew your story and I silently prayed God blessed me too when he did yours. How's our big sister doing? God bless her too.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
Congrats Nogen, we bless God for His faithfulnes in your life.

@firstymum - waving back dear.... Isn't your 2weeks sabbatical over yet

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by wonyi: 10:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 10:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nogen:

Yea. Mixed genders. Helping hands will be bountiful when we get to Naija. Overwhelmed is an understatement. Thanks a lot.

Wow!!! So happy for u. Congrats dear, may God continue to bless u all, guide and protect u.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 10:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hei busybee, iwave to you too. I hope you've been keeping well

firsttymum:
Popri
OLOKINGS
Shawlar
Toparie
Ozycy
Financefitness
LadyG
Shrekandfiona

Just waving and waddling away
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
Biko 600 dollars is not 2much..don't tnk u can get less..she did u a favour &wl equally be of help 2u..accept it &rest

Quote author=dtush post=37174493]

My sister, mesef dey find accommodation oo. I have 2 doctors lined up and rhe birth center. I want to check them out before i make up my mind. The accommodation a family frd got me is too expensive. She is subletting a room for me in a two bedroom flat owned by her for 600 dollars. My uncle in Dallas said its too expensive so now am back to the drawing board. If u av any leads on apartment in Richmond, biko help a sister[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by glassy2606(f): 12:42am On Aug 22, 2015
Honestly 600$ is not much for a month,i wil jump at it if I find such.still seaching for accomodation in ATL.please who knows d current exchange rate,my bank said I can only buy 4k.wots d rate outside please help a FTM

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bloggerina: 2:10am On Aug 22, 2015
Hearty congratulations to you Nogen.

I celebrate God's goodness to your family and pray that His blessings will continually overwhelm you. You will never lack help and resources to raise them and they will all be a source of joy to you forever.

Well done with their daily nursing/care mummy!!! Sweet mother X3

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by yesmum: 2:58am On Aug 22, 2015
Nogen:

Congrats Nogen dis is really a great compensation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.