Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,924 members, 7,814,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892245 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by toparie: 12:42pm On Aug 22, 2015
Lol... Don't worry, I'm also still here, for another couple of weeks at least. I'm counting down now

ozycy:
@ firsttymum, I hail you too.
It's like am the only October mum still in Naija, every oda person don port hmm. I must not carry last ooo wink

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by isysleek: 1:00pm On Aug 22, 2015
Congrats Nogen! So happy for you. Hope you enjoyed your stay in his grace lodge?

Nogen:
Oh Boy! Finally out of El Paso with my trio. Gave birth to a set of triplets about 5 weeks ago. The doctor and her team were amazing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sazyn: 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
Congrats Nogen, really happy for you. I've followed your story right from the other thread. God bless and keep you and the lil ones.

Modath, no be small thing you don see for the Chicago Poe. Have a good trip back home

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 1:11pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hmmm, this Chicago peeps are not smiling atall. Houston don better pass them o. Safe trip o jare @ Modath. How time fly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sazyn: 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
In the spirit of giving back,
I got into the U.S earlier this week. Poe was Dallas, final destination Houston. I used the wheelchair services, made the trip less stressful(God bless the person that mentioned it here).

I can't quite remember the exact order of the conversation btwn the cbp and I. Gave him my passport and landing card.

Cbp: what is the purpose of your trip
Me: vacation and childbirth (he looks at me and I removed my bag from my laps to show him am pregnant)
Cbp: you mean you will have your baby here?
Me: yes. (He calls his colleague and asks if there is any special rule for someone that came to give birth. The colleague said as long as I have contacted a hospital and have enough money to pay my bills, no problem).
I told him I have a quote from the Dr and showed it to him.
Cbp: how much to you have on you
Me: 9500
Cbp: any food stuffs?
Me: no
Cbp: looks at my passport and said he can't stamp me in for 6months cos my passport will expire in December. He can only stamp me in till the expiration of my passport. Asks if that will be enough time for me
Me: yes, till December is fine

He took my finger prints and stamped me in. Was wheeled to collect my bags and on to my connecting flight. Didn't have any food stuff so didn't go to agriculture. I am now in one of the Soulcare apartments, awaiting the arrival of my bundle of joy.

Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences here, you all made the planning of this trip very easy.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ayanuke: 1:43pm On Aug 22, 2015
[quote author=bisilola post=37201214]

My first post and it's for Nogen. We have communicated via email. Congrats once again Mama. God will make all things easy for you.
To everyone else on the thread, may all our dreams come true. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mum2bee: 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2015
ozycy:
@ firsttymum, I hail you too.
It's like am the only October mum still in Naija, every oda person don port hmm. I must not carry last ooo wink

u are not ooooo. i still dey here too!....lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mum2bee: 2:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
Nogen:
Oh Boy! Finally out of El Paso with my trio. Gave birth to a set of triplets about 5 weeks ago. The doctor and her team were amazing.

Congratulations dearie! God bless them!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2015
isysleek:
Congrats Nogen! So happy for you. Hope you enjoyed your stay in his grace lodge?

Thank you so much. I over enjoyed my stay. Got there since May and met some Preggies in the lodge. They were all wonderful people. The owners of the lodge are amazing people too and as humans we are not all perfect and even at that, I got beautiful services from the couple which made my stay less stressful and cost effective. I felt like I was home.
God bless them and their businesses. Won't forget them in a hurry.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2015
Thanks to everyone and God bless you and yours too. Amen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2015
sazyn:

Modath, no be small thing you don see for the Chicago Poe. Have a good trip back home

Dont mind the overzealous Donald Trump wannabes, they think ma only me waka come, they don't know i gat God, they will only gather but not for my sake!

@ozycy,
Thx my sis? How are you doing?

@Nogen,
Nne three, how are you & the child army? winkSafe journey....

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by duchessgoddess(f): 2:40pm On Aug 22, 2015
Nwunyeebuka:
[color=#006600][/color]
In d spirit of giving. I can help with closer date. PM me
Hi dear, sent a PM
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by duchessgoddess(f): 2:41pm On Aug 22, 2015
lollyberry:
@duchessgoddess I had the same problem
But it has been sorted out
Thanks to @dtush
I sent you a PM Kindly check so I can give u details on how I went through mine
Hi dear, sent a PM.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 2:44pm On Aug 22, 2015
modath:
Good day House...

Update on the nightmarish POE called Chicago ORD, this time,its point of EXIT..

I checked in at the airport with my precious cargo, got our boarding passes & still had about an hour and a half to kill so was just chilling at the lounge, boarding was called at 9:40 but still was lounging, at 10, decided to roll myself, Baby, hand luggage jejely to the plane, only to hear at almost the entrance of the plane from two custom official...... "ma'am, this way", i was fingerprinted and the drama began...

1."You came in 50+ days ago,so your only mission was to have a baby here? * With a sinister smile on the male officer's face*... i answered in the affirmative &

2. Why didn't you go to missouri as you declared at entry?... "i preferred to stay in chicago where i have family and also got an ok deal...

They were buttering up with one & two, No 3 came!!

3. What govt benefits did you enjoy on this journeym, i answered none, they now asked to see receipt & zero balance, i said "its likely to be in my checked in baggage, the male officer said, we may have to ask for your luggage cos we are not likely to take your word for it...

I said hold on let me check my hand luggage cos i had some docs in it, may find it in there, he & the lady officer just said no need and took my hand luggage, diaper bag & hand bag and proceeded to empty them (the lady officer was even asking about my connection to the various biz cards in my wallet), by sheer luck, it was in there & he told me [b]congrats, cos he was about to CANCEL my VISA with PREJUDICE..[/

God is with you Modath...Welcome home
Congratulations!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 2:52pm On Aug 22, 2015
Popri:

God is with you Modath...Welcome home
Congratulations!

Just Pmed You, seems I've deleted our convo. Thx sis
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by glassy2606(f): 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2015
October mum I still dey o,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:08pm On Aug 22, 2015
Abeg make Una help duchessgoddess.... That early interview date is important o.

MODATH na wa o.... God pass them... I never hear say den dey stress for point of exit before...

Lesson to all of us, make we carry our zero balance letters Inside our handbags... Na wa o

Sazyn congrats on ur successful POE

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2015
firsttymum:

MODATH na wa o.... God pass them... I never hear say den dey stress for point of exit before...]

Lesson to all of us, make we carry our zero balance letters Inside our handbags... Na wa o

Na real wah!!, i nefa esperederrrit!! cheesy

Still wondering if they got a signal immediately airline checked me in, cos they were just positioned waiting at the main plane entrance, they didn't harass everyone, just me, then one other guy....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2015
Yes oooo. b4 the NL crash someone stated it that we should try and drop a copy of our zero balance at point of exit because she was told to do so. I actually did that while exiting via same Chigago airport

firsttymum:

MODATH na wa o.... God pass them... I never hear say den dey stress for point of exit before...

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uchetobi(f): 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
modath:
Good day House...

I Expressed shock that "i was supposed to present it at my next ENTRY, but he told me NO, you were told EXIT (which is the truth but i assumed the guy who interviewed me at entry made an error), &reminded me to always have it for any US entry/exit for FOREVER.

Told him, "thanks" & was allowed to go after being told lucky you.. they aint gat nothing on me..#Godwin..

MORAL OF THE STORY!!!
Chicago ORD POE aint sh1t!! angry

This is scary. Was actually told to drop off my own receipt too when leaving @ last year @ IAH but I didn't. O well, worst case they will invite me for interview instead of Dropbox

Have a safe trip back

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
modath:

Na real wah!!, i nefa esperederrrit!! cheesy
Still wondering if they got a signal immediately airline checked me in, cos they were just positioned waiting at the main plane entrance, they didn't harass everyone, just me, then one other guy....

Babe this your journey no be small thing oo, but God pass them. You don go come back and i still dey here. Bless God for your life.
glassy2606:
October mum I still dey o,

I am Sept and still here, grin shocked shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mumkay: 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
Mum2bee:

u are not ooooo. i still dey here too!....lol

Me too,still around porting second week in September.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ejisky: 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
Interesting...Who did you drop it with? Have never dropped mine and havent had issues renewing.

Nita2013:
Yes oooo. b4 the NL crash someone stated it that we should try and drop a copy of our zero balance at point of exit because she was told to do so. I actually did that while exiting via same Chigago airport

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 7:40pm On Aug 22, 2015
I dropped with d immigration pple just before d security screening. When I gave them d papers, d guy opened, read and nodded.

I doubt if that determines if they ll call u for interview when it's time for renewal or not but I just sha followed what someone here once said.

ejisky:
Interesting...Who did you drop it with? Have never dropped mine and havent had issues renewing.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 9:10pm On Aug 22, 2015
modath:

Dont mind the overzealous Donald Trump wannabes, they think ma only me waka come, they don't know i gat God, they will only gather but not for my sake!

@ozycy,
Thx my sis? How are you doing?

@Nogen,
Nne three, how are you & the child army? winkSafe journey....

Nne, which kind trouble they carry come your way be that at Chicago point of exit kwa!!! Pls send me your Naija number. Thank God for journey mercies.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 9:19pm On Aug 22, 2015
uchetobi:

This is scary. Was actually told to drop off my own receipt too when leaving @ last year @ IAH but I didn't. O well, worst case they will invite me for interview instead of Dropbox

Have a safe trip back

Really? Let me quickly make copies of all my zero balance receipts from pediatrician to the hospital abeg. Will also drop at the point of exit.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 10:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
Nogen:

Nne, which kind trouble they carry come your way be that at Chicago point of exit kwa!!! Pls send me your Naija number. Thank God for journey mercies.

Thanks sis, Pmed you. I've deleted of my NL convos
Na craze dey worry them.. I'm not likely to go through chicago POE again for the foreseeable future. they harass people for FUN at that end... nothing to them...

I can't forget on my way in when a guy said he had a connecting flight to catch & one agent guy said " pls go back to your seat" with zero emotion.... undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Austine2020: 12:01am On Aug 23, 2015
Nawao,So its Even difficult when going out from Chicago? what if u were charged a heavy bill & u discuss a deal with the hospital or Your doctor that u will pay your remaining balance from naija, and this happened? The big Lesson is that it is better to finish all the payment in the US if u can, so that one doesnt fall victim to this kind of wahala on your departure day .
modath:
Good day House...

I checked in at the airport with my precious cargo, got our boarding passes & still had about an hour and a half to kill so was just chilling at the lounge, boarding was called at 9:40 but still was lounging, at 10, decided to roll myself, Baby, hand luggage jejely to the plane, only to hear at almost the entrance of the plane from two custom officials..... "ma'am, this way", i was fingerprinted and the drama began...

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadetola: 4:34am On Aug 23, 2015
firsttymum:
there's no problem about buying in the U.S. but it's more expensive dasall.. Different mamas have fallen victim and learned their lessons. besides not everyone have relatives in lagos who can help them purchase a cheaper one , so dey have no option that to use d US
Is it compulsory to go to their office in Lagos. Is it possible to call them and pay.
Please what do I tell the airline rep Is it that i want to add my baby ticketo mine or I want to buy ticket for my baby. I dont know if it means the same

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.