Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,108 members, 7,860,019 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:00 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (900290 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 6:57pm On Sep 14, 2015
I used the ATM on sat with my standbic card and got the following response "action selected not available at this time pls retry"
I just noticed my account was debited, $200.
Been to the bank here and was told there's nothing they can do about it that I have to contact my bank in Nigeria.
Which kian wahala be this Na? cry
Has anyone had a similar experience?
Did you get your money back?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 6:59pm On Sep 14, 2015
Wow, too bad. He was a very good doctor and handled my first delivery well.

Nogen:

The lady was right. Dr. Martel also told me the same thing. I bumped into him at the Labour and delivery ward and I accused him of rejecting Nigerians. He complained bitterly about us. In fact, I was so ashamed by the time he was done. How can a woman who is HIV positive reject a Csection? She insisted on having a vaginal delivery! !!! Doesn't such a person understand the implications of her actions. To me, that's sheer wickedness ! She wants to infect an innocent child. He told me so many gory tales of our people and insisted he wouldn't go back because he doesn't want to lose his medical licence yet. However, he had a couple of awesome patients too from Nigeria. Unfortunately, the bad ones outweighed the good ones. So so sad!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by BABSFREY: 7:03pm On Sep 14, 2015
Nogen:

The lady was right. Dr. Martel also told me the same thing. I bumped into him at the Labour and delivery ward and I accused him of rejecting Nigerians. He complained bitterly about us. In fact, I was so ashamed by the time he was done. How can a woman who is HIV positive reject a Csection? She insisted on having a vaginal delivery! !!! Doesn't such a person understand the implications of her actions. To me, that's sheer wickedness ! She wants to infect an innocent child. He told me so many gory tales of our people and insisted he wouldn't go back because he doesn't want to lose his medical licence yet. However, he had a couple of awesome patients too from Nigeria. Unfortunately, the bad ones outweighed the good ones. So so sad!

It is unfortunate. I think that sometimes as Nigerians we do have an inflated impression of our universe. We like to challenge almost everything, believing that our positions are superior, albeit with insufficient research. I see this on the airplane, shopping mall, etc. I did not realise that we can even take our over confidence to the medical realm, where human life is at stake.

It is not all negative though, because a dose of well channeled confidence is good for human progress.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2015
Yeah. .
You can call or email the customer care detailing them on the amount location and time of transaction. They will refund type moni within 5 to 10 working days.
Just be patient.

Beryl15:
I used the ATM on sat with my standbic card and got the following response "action selected not available at this time pls retry"
I just noticed my account was debited, $200.
Been to the bank here and was told there's nothing they can do about it that I have to contact my bank in Nigeria.
Which kian wahala be this Na? cry
Has anyone had a similar experience?
Did you get your money back?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by EllaLeesa: 7:39pm On Sep 14, 2015
grin Hi lovely Mummies and Daddies in the house! its been so amazing and informative reading through this thread, I want to say a big thank you to the initiator and contributers of this innovative forum.

I will be traveliing 3rd week of November and due end of December or early January and using DIFF for my antenatal. Any one giving birth in New Jersey and travelling around then?? Will be more interesting to plan together, am thinking about using Morristown medical center New Jersey, everyone seems to be heading towards El Paso and Houston, please which is MHIS, been curious?

I will be calling Dr Lammatteo tonite an OBGYN attached to the medical center heard he lives close to the hospital and really very good..I hope he's still there.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
MIHS was the cheapest package (hospital and doctor) at a time - we flooded the place, they increased their price, we still didn't stop going...then they stopped accepting non residents.

It was very juicy at $2,888 with $250 refund I think...

EllaLeesa:
grin Hi lovely Mummies and Daddies in the house! its been so amazing and informative reading through this thread, I want to say a big thank you to the initiator and contributers of this innovative forum.

I will be traveliing 3rd week of November and due end of December or early January and using DIFF for my antenatal. Any one giving birth in New Jersey and travelling around then?? Will be more interesting to plan together, am thinking about using Morristown medical center New Jersey, everyone seems to be heading towards El Paso and Houston, please which is MHIS, been curious?

I will be calling Dr Lammatteo tonite an OBGYN attached to the medical center heard he lives close to the hospital and really very good..I hope he's still there.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 14, 2015
In as much as its not cheap having a baby in the USA,we shld be willing to give whatever it takes for baby to be fine.

If something happens to baby,blue pali wnt solve it.sure no sensible doctor will want to rip u off ur money,at the end plus the result comes out negative or positive,u are better than someone who doesn't know at all.

Pls anybody here who used a different doctor in el Paso?I need doctor's contact.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 9:17pm On Sep 14, 2015
If you don't get any response here, you can contact Rodolfo at that doctoresparati email. He can help you with another doctor

abiscomama:
In as much as its not cheap having a baby in the USA,we shld be willing to give whatever it takes for baby to be fine.

If something happens to baby,blue pali wnt solve it.sure no sensible doctor will want to rip u off ur money,at the end plus the result comes out negative or positive,u are better than someone who doesn't know at all.

Pls anybody here who used a different doctor in el Paso?I need doctor's contact.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 9:26pm On Sep 14, 2015
Oyin15:
Mamas n Papas in the house. Pls no vex o. I have a quick question. Bank of America is telling me I hav to leave a minimum bal of $1500 in my checking account n $300 in my savings account to avoid a monthly charge. How una take do am. Is there a way around this
The only way about it is to close the checking account when going back leaving only the savings account with 300$ in it.

That is what I intend doing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 9:52pm On Sep 14, 2015
I came, saw and conquered. All thanks to God Almighty and the selfless contributors on this thread. Tvegas, your post made me accomplish all these in less than 2 weeks even my host who is a US citizen was marvelled at the speed I got all documents.

For those using Dr. F, have it in mind that he may not be available for you at delivery. No doctor was there for me o. Dr. F came 2 hours after I delivered undecided

Aside this, all went well. Na GODWIN cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:01pm On Sep 14, 2015
Modath, Nogen shocked

Come and see ooo! Dr. F didnt show up ke?

shrekandfiona:
I came, saw and conquered. All thanks to God Almighty and the selfless contributors on this thread. Tvegas, your post made me accomplish all these in less than 2 weeks even my host who is a US citizen was marvelled at the speed I got all documents.

For those using Dr. F, have it in mind that he may not be available for you at delivery. No doctor was there for me o. Dr. F came 2 hours after I delivered undecided

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2015
nefertitiram:
Modath, Nogen shocked

My dear he didn't o. Me sef was amazed as in no doctor was there for me o. After paying him almost 3000$. But the nurses were great. Held forte before he came 2 hours later with excuses sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jayjay4lyf: 10:28pm On Sep 14, 2015

[/quote]
It's Rodolfo @ doctoresparati that issues doctors o, and even hospital and appointment, gave us Dr Lobriel
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jayjay4lyf: 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
Can I search for something only on this thread? Without it bringing up search results from other travel threads? embarassed cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2015
shrekandfiona:

My dear he didn't o. Me sef was amazed as in no doctor was there for me o. After paying him almost 3000$. But the nurses were great. Held forte before he came 2 hours later with excuses sad

You sef are a super woman.. err, so what happened to the $3000
You should request for refund o! Or get those cowboy lawyers they show on tv to sue his sorry behind! Warrisdat

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zoemummy: 11:10pm On Sep 14, 2015
Glad I was referred to this forum, the knowledge sharing is priceless! Please I need a guide on my visa application & interview, I haven't quite found any comment that addresses it.

I'll be attending an official training in the US but will be 36w plus at its completion. At the time I completed the visa application form, I hadn't planned to stay back for delivery so it wasn't stated. Now, I have had to make child delivery plans because returning back to Nigeria afterwards will be cutting it close to my delivery date & I may as well access the better medical care there.

I have read on this forum about writing to the consular for change of visa plans/purpose. My visa interview is in a few days, should I write to them about the child birth plans since I can't amend my application forms or should I just wait to mention it to the VO?

I would appreciate your valuable feedback.

PS: The doctor and hospital arrangements are sorted with documented correspondences & part payments. The dates also show I contacted them after completing the application form.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zoemummy: 11:24pm On Sep 14, 2015
Glad I was referred to this forum, the knowledge sharing is priceless! Please I need a guide on my visa application & interview, I haven't quite found any comment that addresses it.

I'll be attending an official training in the US but will be 36w plus at its completion. At the time I completed the visa application form, I hadn't planned to stay back for delivery so it wasn't stated. Now, I have had to make child delivery plans because returning back to Nigeria afterwards will be cutting it close to my delivery date & I may as well access the better medical care there.

I have read on this forum about writing to the consular for change of visa plans/purpose. My visa interview is in a few days, should I write to them about the child birth plans since I can't amend my application forms or should I just wait to mention it to the VO?

PS: The doctor and hospital arrangements are sorted with documented correspondences & part payments. The dates also show I contacted them after completing the application form.

Thanks.
zoemummy:
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MiddyO(f): 11:27pm On Sep 14, 2015
[quote author=shrekandfiona

And Dr F collected money?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 11:39pm On Sep 14, 2015
olokings:
Yeah. .
You can call or email the customer care detailing them on the amount location and time of transaction. They will refund type moni within 5 to 10 working days.
Just be patient.

Thanks so much, would do just that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bigfido: 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2015
shouldn't you be asking for some sort of refund?? what manner of thing is that? pay someone all that cash and he didn;t show up when he was most needed or send a representative? that's daylight robbery and you should be asking for a huge refund here

shrekandfiona:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:43pm On Sep 14, 2015
MiddyO:
[quote author=shrekandfiona

And Dr F collected money?

Another Dr. Ake... hehehe
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 3:39am On Sep 15, 2015
@all - don't think it is compulsory that your doctor delivers you o - I know dr F is particularly very busy - they can send in another doctor if unavoidably absent. I know this happened to a friend in another hospital.

We've also seen some labours progress so quick that the nurses end up taking delivery...

Dr F is no way Dr Ak o.....

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 3:45am On Sep 15, 2015
They may find it suspicious that you are going on a training when you should be winding down and going on maternity leave. So they may doubt that your training story.

If you are certain the training story is correct, then go with the other documents, explain yourself and pray they understand.

If no, you can still modify your form to have the correct details - it's somewhere on this thread

zoemummy:

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MiddyO(f): 5:13am On Sep 15, 2015
FinanceFitness:
@all - don't think it is compulsory that your doctor delivers you o - I know dr F is particularly very busy - they can send in another doctor if unavoidably absent. I know this happened to a friend in another hospital.

We've also seen some labours progress so quick that the nurses end up taking delivery...

Dr F is no way Dr Ak o.....

But in this case there was no doctor on ground at all! Not even a representative! So is the $3k for pre natal visits only? Which I am guessing were very few.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:01am On Sep 15, 2015
MiddyO:

But in this case there was no doctor on ground at all! Not even a representative! So is the $3k for pre natal visits only? Which I am guessing were very few.

But the way NLders flock towards Dr. F, lets be honest, he.is not superhuman. He cannot be everywhere at d same time. So it is understandable if some.births coincide. Bur dat $3k... shrekandfiona is entitled to some form of compensation and refund. And trust me, american charge and bail lawyers will drag him like rotweilers for free if they get wind of this.gist. No one should treat anyone this way and walk away because you are a foreigner. Or is it because it all ended well? What if she had complications and things went into a downwards spiral? Two frigging hours? Somebody's gotta be kiddin me.
This is America, stuff like this shouldnt happen and you just let it slide

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 7:01am On Sep 15, 2015
nefertitiram:
Modath, Nogen shocked

Nigerian doctors!!! north, east, west or south will always bite more than they can chew!!!

Money will always have them doing the Most !! undecided

@shrekandfiona,

Do not listen to any dogon turenchi , request for a refund, you were charged for a service, the serice was not rendered by DR F (you didn't pay for a nurse to take charge, if you wanted that, you'd have used a midwife from the start) so he should give you a big chunk of your money back...

Thank god for safe delivery.

I agree with @financefitness,Dr ak is another level of.........

@justwise,
Justy, thou shall not rapture any post ooo, I will find you & seize ya laptop!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mulberry: 7:09am On Sep 15, 2015
I am so lucky I followed dis thread for my first baby. Prep kicks off for second journey. Is there a problem if one uses a birthing center as per poe or visa application.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:18am On Sep 15, 2015
nefertitiram:

But the way NLders flock towards Dr. F, lets be honest, he.is not superhuman. He cannot be everywhere at d same time. So it is understandable if some.births coincide. Bur dat $3k... shrekandfiona is entitled to some form of compensation and refund. And trust me, american charge and bail lawyers will drag him like rotweilers for free if they get wind of this.gist. No one should treat anyone this way and walk away because you are a foreigner. Or is it because it all ended well? What if she had complications and things went into a downwards spiral? Two frigging hours? Somebody's gotta be kiddin me.
This is America, stuff like this shouldnt happen and you just let it slide
Gbam!
Exactly!
That is the conclusion of the whole matter!
Let her ask for a refund and let it also be a deterrent to the kain Dr f cos na so dem de like to take foregners for granted

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:19am On Sep 15, 2015
We hear of oyinbo doctors declining patients. When we overwhelmed MIHS, they closed their doors. Dr. Z couldnt handle, he closed his doors. Even the El paso doc for the sake of his integrity stopped taking nigerian patients.

But nooooo,Nigerians and greed. They cannot say no! It is just to be collecting patients and sending them invoice knowing fully you are not.omnipresent.

Why did he not use his church mind to refund? Ive read on this thread an oyinbo doctor refunding for services not rendered.

Even if they dont fear authorities and their licenses, they should fear God ooo!

modath:

Nigeria doctors, north, east, west or south will always bite more than they can chew!!!

Money will always have them doing the Most !!! undecided

@shrekandfiona,

Do not listen to any dogon turenchi , request for a refund, you were charged for a service, the serice was not rendered by DR F (you didn't pay for a nurse to take charge, if you wanted that, you'd have used a midwife from the start) so he should give you a big chunk of your money back...

Thank god for safe delivery.

I agree with @financefitness,Dr ak is another level of.........

@justwise,
Justy, thou shall not rapture any post ooo, I will find you & seize ya laptop!!! angry

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 15, 2015
mulberry:
I am so lucky I followed dis thread for my first baby. Prep kicks off for second journey. Is there a problem if one uses a birthing center as per poe or visa application.

Congrats on your pregnancy.

Yes, it could be a problem. One cannot claim to be seeking better medical services, leave all the consultant obstetricians here and fly all the way to the US just to use a midwife. That story doesn't add up.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:29am On Sep 15, 2015
@shrekandfiona imagine what u can do with a refund of 3k or at least 2k. How many obodoyibo new outfits can that search for baby? Infact! Imagine how pretty the money will look just sitting in your dom account cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (333)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.