Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893545 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 10:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
bukolet:
Good evening sweet mommas n papas, pls I rem recently someone was denied in lagos and she didn't have much time, but was told to check at midnight that she will get an earlier date, I was late for my interview and was turned back, so I have to reschedule cos their is a new policy that started on Thursday, if you are 90mins late,you have to reschedule, I was able to get Oct 29 Abuja but am hoping I can still get an earlier date, my question is this, how many times can I cancel and reschedule. Secondly how do I go about it. In case there is anybody in the house that can help get an earlier date,pls I don't mind, am on my knees. Cos by Oct 29 I will be over 35weeks. Thanks. Happy Sunday.

Keep checking. I was able to move my moms appointment by two weeks yesterday.

But I think u can reschedule only once then u will hv to pay again. Not sure but that's the notification I got after moving it

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by afrobrown2000: 1:15am On Sep 21, 2015
eyinjuedumare:

Am also a Dec mom, expecting twins, heading to Dallas by Oct too. i contacted dr. dennis abbass (takes delivery at doctors Hospital) & got a total cost of $12,000 for CS (hosp, dr, pead, anaesth,hearing test). Still looking around for something cheaper though.
Wow....got the same bill am using Dr Esedebe. ..we need something cheaper and efficient...I like dallas cos I can have a condo to stay. ...guess we are on the same page and when do u decided to depart?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by afrobrown2000: 1:23am On Sep 21, 2015
iolite88:
I want to believe you are going to Dallas cause you have family there or free accommodation. If that is not the case you may want to look at El paso and save yourself at least 4k from this your 12k Dallas bill.

Yea but actually slightly than$3k...cos it's multiple births
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by afrobrown2000: 1:39am On Sep 21, 2015
customised87:

The only diff with VD is with the hospital bill thats 4700 .
Nice pls will need more information on the dr ...thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zoemummy: 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
Come & join me sing hallelujah, Jehovah Jireh has done me well... grin grin cheesy

Back to share my VO story...

The resources on this thread are priceless.

After exchanging pleasantries, the VO asked me about a previous UK visa denial, I explained it and showed him other countries I'd been to. He then asked about the purpose of visit, I told him about the training and childbirth (didn't start the story of not mentioning childbirth in my application). The focus immediately shifted from training to childbirth! cool shocked

He then asked about medical correspondences & I calmly passed them on including the 'golden' budget sheet (mom's pls have this handy). He reviewed my bank statements and I also has specific financial documents related to the funding for childbirth; covering the full amount which he reviewed.

He asked why I wasn't having the baby in the same state where I'd be having the training and I explained that I didn't have anyone to stay with except in Houston.

I had to remind him about the training and asked if he'd like to see the support documents. He just said I was going to a prestigious school and he had no issues with it.

He then confirmed how long I'd stay & I said 8-10 weeks.
He typed away for a few minutes & handed me the white sheet for visa pick up. I calmly thanked him and left in thanksgiving mode grin

Thanks MumTee, FinanceFitness, Phema & house members...

BTW, just thought this might also be helpful. There was another lady there for vacation & childbirth but her visa processing/decision was placed on hold pending presentation of medical correspondences et al. So, it's really important to go there prepared.

zoemummy:
@Mumtee, thanks so much for sharing your experience. Finding this thread and all the helpful moms & dads is an answered prayer!

Great, so no need to send them an email ahead. BGG, I should deliver in Houston very early in December-WHMC. Dr. Elvis Torres or Matti Korhonen. Hope we can meet up. Which hospital are you using?

Would you mind sharing the budget template or guide on how to find it on this thread?

May God grant me, and the rest of us in the visa processing stage, FAVOUR!

Thanks a million!

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 12:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
dere5:

Set for 2nd missionary journey?
Ah... Abeg o.
NA holiday journey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
Please when processing US passport in atlanta do they accept notarised consent letter from US embassy or from any notary?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MumTee: 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2015
zoemummy:
Come & join me sing hallelujah, Jehovah Jireh has done me well... grin grin cheesy

After exchanging pleasantries, the VO asked me about a previous UK visa denial, I explained it and showed him other countries I'd been to. He then asked about the purpose of visit, I told him about the training and childbirth (didn't start the story of not mentioning childbirth in my application). The focus immediately shifted from training to childbirth! cool shocked

He then asked about medical correspondences & I calmly passed them on including the 'golden' budget sheet (mom's pls have this handy). He reviewed my bank statements and I also had specific financial documents related to the funding for childbirth; covering the full amount for the bills, which he reviewed.

He asked why I wasn't having the baby in the same state where I'd be having the training and I explained that I didn't have anyone to stay with except in Houston.

I had to remind him about the training and asked if he'd like to see the supporting documents. He just said I was going to a prestigious school and he had no issues with it.

He then confirmed how long I'd stay & I said 8-10 weeks.
He typed away for a few minutes & handed me the white sheet for visa pick up. I calmly thanked him and left in thanksgiving mode grin

Thanks MumTee, FinanceFitness, Phema & house members...

BTW, just thought this might also be helpful. There was another lady there for vacation & childbirth but her visa processing/decision was placed on hold pending presentation of medical correspondences et al. So, it's really important to go there prepared.

@Zoemummy, so so happy for you, couldn't help smiling out loud on my seat. When are u leaving? Looking forward to hear your favoured POE experience. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
Congratulations zoemummy! kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uptown17: 4:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
congrats ooooo Zoemummy. i kept smiling as i was reading. see God's grace at work oooooo
zoemummy:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
Congratulations! We praise God with you dear.

zoemummy:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
Zoemummy congrats.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bj2012golf(m): 4:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
Good evening friends, congratulatns to all the new moms n dads, also 2 those successful At the visa interview

[ quote author=sayoberry post=38231545]

Ah... Abeg o.

NA holiday journey.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
Omotweezy:

Hi dear, am still sticking to Dr Fares though I haven't gotten proper reviews , would take my chances , attend my first appointment and make a final decision. Leaving first week of August but stopping over in dubai for some days .
What's your plan ?
wow
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olorieka: 6:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
Plz mama nd papa in the house is it possible to change interview location thou have not submit application plz it urgent house
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
sayoberry:

Ah... Abeg o.

NA holiday journey.

I hear you o. Was just fooling around. Do have a blast when you go.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
olorieka:
Plz mama nd papa in the house is it possible to change interview location thou have not submit application plz it urgent house

I guess so,anything can be changed if you have not submited the application and gotten an interview date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
olorieka:
If you have used the particular ds160 no to book appointment then nope
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olorieka: 8:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
Thank you all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 8:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by arisharpven: 8:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
@Aye88 pls how can i get in touch with u to make enquires on Inova hospital and how to contact a doctor, because i just called Dr Ansera line and was told that an appointment cannot be given to me till i come over to Virginia, so how do i get a doctor's correspondence? pls i have sent you a mail would be grsteful if i can hear from you soon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
Congrats Ada grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by arisharpven: 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
@ednakemu, thanks but oakbend is in texas, the hospital i intend using is in Virginia, Dr Ansera will not give an appointment till the patient is in the US, thats y i need a doc in Virginia or Maryland that can give me appointment which i can use at POE
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Austine2020: 10:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
Amother4life:
This is very sad and highly embarrassing :

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/nigerian-woman-nabbed-for-shoplifting-in-us/
What a disgrace & what a way to lose her US visa which might even end up in huge fine being meted on her or jail term after court proceedings,because they said that no money was found on her at the time she was caught while trying to leave the shop. Stealing goods worth of 2000usd & after arrest has 2500usd bail bond.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
Austine2020:
What a disgrace & what a way to lose her US visa which might even end up in huge fine being meted on her or jail term after court proceedings,because they said that no money was found on her at the time she was caught while trying to leave the shop. Stealing goods worth of 2000usd & after arrest has 2500usd bail bond.

It takes a certain type of person to go to another man's country and engage in such activities. It's possible she has done this before and was successful. Loosing her visa will be the last thing she should worry about. With the anti immigrant rhetoric pervading the U.S she should pray she doesn't meet a Donald Trump Judge. Lagos will definitely cancel her visa with prejudice and a possible lifetime ban may be placed on her.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zoemummy: 11:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
Thanks all...I'll be back to share the POE experience. Glad I was able to add value to the community & make us smile.

Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by friend(f): 3:39am On Sep 22, 2015
Good morning my people.
See the attached estimate from Emory hospital for child delivery.
Vaginal Prenatal care and delivery estim-$5,182
Vaginal Anesthesia - $425
Vaginal delivery without complicating diagnosis - $3,900
Total= $9,507

The part I do not understand is Prenatal care Estimate of $5,182.
Is it compulsory to do prenatal at the hospital.
Moreover, I am traveling for delivery at 32weeks.

Please,put me through. How can I cut off the $5,182

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 4:22am On Sep 22, 2015
friend:
Good morning my people.
See the attached estimate from Emory hospital for child delivery.
Vaginal Prenatal care and delivery estim-$5,182
Vaginal Anesthesia - $425
Vaginal delivery without complicating diagnosis - $3,900
Total= $9,507

The part I do not understand is Prenatal care Estimate of $5,182.
Is it compulsory to do prenatal at the hospital.
Moreover, I am traveling for delivery at 32weeks.

Please,put me through. How can I cut off the $5,182

Have you considered calling the hospital to ask?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.