Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,761 members, 7,831,447 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (894649 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:48am On Sep 22, 2015
anonymousmum:

Have you considered calling the hospital to ask?
Thank U lipsrsealed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 9:05am On Sep 22, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Thank U lipsrsealed

I am now very polite haha smiley smiley smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by twingirls: 9:07am On Sep 22, 2015
Double post
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by twingirls: 9:08am On Sep 22, 2015
[quote author=zoemummy post=38230632]Come & join me sing hallelujah, Jehovah Jireh has done me well... grin grin cheesy
Back to share my VO

Congrats @ Zoemummy, may God perfect what he has started. Looking forward to sharing my own story soonest too by God's grace
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
twingirls:
Double post
As na twingirls be your name, double post is allowed! Lol

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by donchuky(m): 1:10pm On Sep 22, 2015
In the spirit of giving back. My wifey and I left Lagos to Houston via KLM. No fitness to fly doctors repot etc asked at MM2. finally arrived houston at 130pm US time with burden on proof and wife was Wheel straight to COB officer cos the queue was much n thank God booked wheel chair all through.

CBO: you passport checked my visa and asked what you purpose of visit
Me: family vacation and wife child birth.
CBO: where you gona stay and who is funding
Me: gave address and told him I am sponsoring.
COB: make sure you pay all bill and don't use government aid or will cancel her visa next time.
Me: I know and capable paying all the bills.
Stamped us in with b2 till March everything happened within 3 mins no document was request.
Got the exist gate only for the lady to discover CBO wrote only 1 on the blue form and send us back to scan room. The lady checked said is okay and send us to am in Al paste control within 5 mins we are out. Soul care already send a driver to pick us up.

Thanks God for his favour and this forum for educating people. Thanks to bsharon, firsttymum etc.
Lesson learned: Hubbies please make out time to travel with wife it makes everything look genuine especially when your wife don't have a good travelling history.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bizzle6: 1:28pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hello house,
Please anyone know anything about university medical centre el paso, their fees? Their doctors etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by eyinjuedumare(f): 2:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
afrobrown2000:

Wow....got the same bill am using Dr Esedebe. ..we need something cheaper and efficient...I like dallas cos I can have a condo to stay. ...guess we are on the same page and when do u decided to depart?

16th oct
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ObRochec: 2:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
My spouse and I are currently in El Paso, having come in through Dallas hitch-free, probably because we travelled as a couple. The popular hospital here is Las Palmas Del Sol Medicals, sometimes referred to as University Hospital. The currently used residence here is Intown Suites which we found unsuitable based on services, hygiene and security. We thus decided to find an apartment after a week stay. We found several apartments with better services and better homely living even at a lesser or same cost. The 2 bedroom apartment we rented for 3 months stay is better convenient for birthing/holiday stay, has pools, sporting facilities, gym and parks within a controlled entrance area for security. The snag is renting or buying furniture and paying utility which in the long term is advantageous as you would have set up accounts in the process which makes your subsequent visits more convenient and trustworthy.

Any expectant mother arriving singly or with family desiring further advice should feel free to ask cos this forum greatly helped my wife in the quest for US delivery.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 0yin: 3:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
So good people,im back to give my testimony.
God blessed my family with a beautiful girl early this month.
Delivered my baby at Northsidehospital, Atlanta.
Experience was wonderful. Bills came in and they were as expected except for a few here and theres which were understandable.
Documentation completed in less than 2 wks.
Packing my kaya and baby home...i don tire!!since July
Thanks to everyone that responded to my msgs and helped out one way or the other.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
Sometingud:
My fellow Northside parents esp. Shawbabe, West300,Nana89, MrsDan, I need your advise on how to procure my daughters US passport. We picked the bC up on Friday. My challenge now has to do with the consent letter as my Husband is in Nigeria at the moment. How do I go about getting it signed from embassy or court? Which is acceptable in Atlanta. If its embassy, how do we schedule appointment for him ?. Secondly, can you please recommend any walk in county or post office where I can get the passport issued in Atlanta, as the POst office around me are scheduling me for later dates. Thirdly, any agent that can help with the Nigeria passport. Lastly, any reliable shipping agent.
Please help a sister, obodo oyinbo don tire me o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bizzle6: 3:14pm On Sep 22, 2015
ObRochec:
My spouse and I are currently in El Paso, having come in through Dallas hitch-free, probably because we travelled as a couple. The popular hospital here is Las Palmas Del Sol Medicals, sometimes referred to as University Hospital. The currently used residence here is Intown Suites which we found unsuitable based on services, hygiene and security. We thus decided to find an apartment after a week stay. We found several apartments with better services and better homely living even at a lesser or same cost. The 2 bedroom apartment we rented for 3 months stay is better convenient for birthing/holiday stay, has pools, sporting facilities, gym and parks within a controlled entrance area for security. The snag is renting or buying furniture and paying utility which in the long term is advantageous as you would have set up accounts in the process which makes your subsequent visits more convenient and trustworthy.

Any expectant mother arriving singly or with family desiring further advice should feel free to ask cos this forum greatly helped my wife in the quest for US delivery.

Hi please what's the cost of having a baby in the the university medical centre?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2015
ObRochec:

Hello, I'll be arriving El-Paso soon with my wife, son for child birth/ vacation and please I want to ask, Did you use Doctores Para Ti or you went on your own. Secondly I'll appreciate to know more about accommodation ( furnished apartment) in El-Paso and if possible if you can give me the name of the apartment you're renting to enable me search it online. How is El-paso generally and any other information(s) will be helpful

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by afrobrown2000: 3:27pm On Sep 22, 2015
eyinjuedumare:

16th oct
ok...mine is 18th Oct...have you bought your tickets am seeing crazy rates...now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hi everyone,
Congrats to all the new mamas, successful POE stories and visa interview stories, both posted and concealed smiley
Just to emphasize to us that after all is said and done, pray, pray, pray!
A friend just told me of how someone was sent from JFK yesterday, didn't get the whole details but she had 12k USD, she declared all, she had all her documents, declared her preg, they counted her money and called the hospital, dunno what the person in the hospital admin said about cost and that was it..
She was sent back

May God not allow this happen to anyone of us o..

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ObRochec: 5:10pm On Sep 22, 2015
allen0000:

Hello, I'll be arriving El-Paso soon with my wife, son for child birth/ vacation and please I want to ask, Did you use Doctores Para Ti or you went on your own. Secondly I'll appreciate to know more about accommodation ( furnished apartment) in El-Paso and if possible if you can give me the name of the apartment you're renting to enable me search it online. How is El-paso generally and any other information(s) will be helpful

Thanks

We did not use Doctores Para Ti but had a registered doctor and hospital before arriving, which was a bit cheaper. On accommodation, there are a couple of nice, secured and holiday like apartments. Send a mail to romyify@yahoo.com for further advise.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2015
When village people follow someone from the okija to NY angry This is serious!!!

Popri:
Hi everyone,
Congrats to all the new mamas, successful POE stories and visa interview stories, both posted and concealed smiley
A friend just told me of how someone was sent from JFK yesterday, didn't get the whole details but she had 12k USD, she declared all, she had all her documents, declared her preg, they counted her money and called the hospital, dunno what the person in the hospital admin said about cost and that was it..
She was sent back

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ynkthomas: 7:16pm On Sep 22, 2015
iyoyoworl:
Beautiful pole in the house, does any one know of any cheap hospitals in Jacksonville Florida. Would be leaving in October to have my 2nd chilled and don't want to use the hospital I used when I had my first child as it was quite expensive. Please help with info

Shands (UF Health), Baptist Hospital or Orange Park Medical Center
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 8:36pm On Sep 22, 2015
Madam de madam. ...
Mk we no suffer d poor witches on this one.
First of I doubt that fellow is a NLer. ..
You know how these 419er travel agents are scamming ignorant venturer.
They give them fake correspondence et al n when u get to poe n these things are verified you ll this be found wanting. .and regardless of location, diz ppl don't take nonsense or fraudulent intents fun Nigerians.
Bottom line is you gotta come out straight at all times.

Lemme use dis opportunity to share my latest experience.

So i travelled on my 2nd leg journey to witness the coming of my precious one.
Left naija with Emirates on 19th sept and had a 24hrs layover in dubai. . (My experience with dubai poe/CBP is a drama you wouldn't expect - story on that in a bit)
Not to digress do much, I arrived dallas on Monday 21st sept and the flight was not full, we were just a few blackies on the flight.

CBP: passport pls.
Me: (str8 face) hello - hands him my passport
CBP: what you here for?
Me: vacation and my wife's having a baby.
CBP: ooh. Is your wife a citizen.
Me: nope she's not. I brought them in last month.
CBP: do you have cash with you?
Me: nope. .just my debit cards.
CBP: how are you paying ?
Me: cash. I've already made payments while was here earlier as we have already seen the doctor and preregistration already done at the clinic.
CBp: what do you do
Me: I work in xyz.
CBP: when lay were u in the states and how long did you stay.?
Me: 1st August and I spent 10 days.
CBP: how long are you staying now?
Me: 3 weeks. ..I'm just here to witness my baby's arrival and spend some vac time with my fam then I'd leave bk to work ejected l while they join me back home after she's fully recovered.
CBP- place your fingers please. ... stamps me till March.

Now onto dem dubai vigilante. ...
See me after I quietly sorted mysef out with Emirates n passed thru immigration n further through the regular security check points at the terminal.
I was enjoying music on my phone n gently strolling to the arrival exit to join my hotel pick up naim one over sabi airport sic l security on mufty cornered me just by the exit door to pls come with him. .
So we entered one room and he asks me to step in for machine scan wch I did no qualms.
Only for me to step down after the scan and the guy look me finish told me I had .....wait for it. ....... DRUGS in my stomach.
I'm like wah! shocked
Please check again I said. ..wch he did and started telling me too come clean so he can mk things easy for me. .
Lucky for me I'm a light eater n didn't go out or got drunk were I passed out such that someone must have James Bond me into stuff shii in my guts unknown to me. ..
I aid please if must know, I have not had anything solid 24 hrs before now aside from the in-flight meal so if there's anything in there I must have picked it from Emirates meal. ...
He calls a supv n they give me plenty water to drink. .I told them to kindly call a doctor to perform whatever tests is legally required. .
In my mind I just said, see these guys. ..una go jejely do una test n wen una finish me I go quietly call lawyer n y'all gonna pay well done you got moni to burn.
After some couple of re scans the supv said. .sorry you are gud to go. .
I said u sure, he says yes n I quietly picked my stuff just as I was leaving I saw them bringing in more 4 naija dudes in. ..

You can imagine how much our young men have tarnished our image so much that even dubai weh dey beg people to come n spend moni are now profiling is big time. ..
Pitiful I must say. .

Bottom line is wherever you are going to and no matter how smooth allot of people ve had an easy passage please please and please guard yourself up and have your story str8.
Very soon Ghana n Togo ll begin to repatriate our citizens. ..

So that's me dropping my tori..

Now I'm chilling in dallas with ma team n romancing d bump for baby to come into the world. ....

nefertitiram:
When village people follow someone from the okija to NY angry This is serious!!!

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 9:55pm On Sep 22, 2015
olokings:
Madam de madam. ...
Mk we no suffer d poor witches on this one.
First of I doubt that fellow is a NLer. ..
You know how these 419er travel agents are scamming ignorant venturer.
They give them fake correspondence et al n when u get to poe n these things are verified you ll this be found wanting. .and regardless of location, diz ppl don't take nonsense or fraudulent intents fun Nigerians.
Bottom line is you gotta come out straight at all times.
Lemme use dis opportunity to share my latest experience.

Mehn! this is something. Was it not on ML home page about a guy too that was profiled in Poland abi na Netherlands.

When women with toddlers will go and be shoplifting ... angry angry angry

Per JFK story, it does not have to be fake correspondence. I suspect that what may have happened is that when they called the hospital and the following ensued:

a) the person that they spoke to does not know jack and gave a wrong quote; or
b) the person gave undiscounted quote over the phone to POE i.e like 15k , wen the quote that was given via correspondence was discounted, maybe like 8k.

Hmm overzealous POE official. I hope this is not their new modus operandi...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 9:57pm On Sep 22, 2015
@olokings- all I can say is oga o.

Frequent visits and traveling light always looks suspicious though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2015
Agreed! Prayer is the ultimate.

But you know a lot of people have baggage that they don't really share....

Very rare to just get deported like that

Popri:
Hi everyone,
She was sent back

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 10:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
It's a man's world. ..
We can go from Vegas to China with nothing buh a laptop carry-on for aweek's getaway while u babes ll go with 6 duffel sized bags on a 3 day trip. ...
Just kidding though. ...buh truth is we re being profiled that's the reality. ..
My take though. ..I stand corrected

FinanceFitness:
@olokings- all I can say is oga o.

Frequent visits and traveling light always looks suspicious though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shanaka29: 10:17pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on leaving in a few days (POE Houston, God willing) but i won't be carrying more than 6K $ in cash.
I have more than twice as much on my saving account and will take the statements with me.
I'll be using Oakbend and the total bill will be between 8 and 10 K$.
Do you think that's enough to calm those CBP officers ?
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2015
shanaka29:
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on leaving in a few days (POE Houston, God willing) but i won't be carrying more than 6K $ in cash.
I have more than twice as much on my saving account and will take the statements with me.
I'll be using Oakbend and the total bill will be between 8 and 10 K$.
Do you think that's enough to calm those CBP officers ?
Thanks

What you need is God's favour and prayers for POE. 6K is enough, just tell them you have enough in your account and show them your master card. We went with 4k and God grant us favour. It is well and you will share your testimony too.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 10:29pm On Sep 22, 2015
Congrats Oyin

I beg I dey pm you now

[quote author=0yin post=38270346]So good people,im back to give my testimony.
God blessed my family with a beautiful girl early this month.
Delivered my baby at Northsidehospital, Atlanta.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shanaka29: 11:08pm On Sep 22, 2015
Toks07:

What you need is God's favour and prayers for POE. 6K is enough, just tell them you have enough in your account and show them your master card. We went with 4k and God grant us favour. It is well and you will share your testimony too.

Thanks Toks07. Keep us in your prayers smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by maswii: 11:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
For anyone trying to get a date in lagos, October 26th and 27th are open now

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by iolite88(f): 11:40pm On Sep 22, 2015
Ok I am having triplets and I got a bill of 13k from Houston but I had to port to Elpaso cause I got a better offer.
afrobrown2000:

Yea but actually slightly than$3k...cos it's multiple births
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by donchuky(m): 12:41am On Sep 23, 2015
shanaka29:

Thanks Toks07. Keep us in your prayers smiley

My dear just pray and be bold. Are u coming with ur hubby if yes allow him do the talking and if no just be bold, know the address ur going with look at ur blue form print all printable to help ur case if things turns rough. But God will do it the same way HE did ours yesterday.
For cash tell the everything is in ur card n risky carrying large money cos even them can't even travel with 4k on them just that many of our bros n sis has spoil our image. Lastly be truthful don't lie or cry to conceal ur pregnancy to them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.