Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,715 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893501 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Austine2020: 8:46pm On Sep 29, 2015
We are not arguing, because u might be correct.we are trying to know the right thing, because i saw it there when i wanted to book it last week,u will see a bag logo writing 1 inside the logo. Did u fly United via Houston with lufthansa ticket? not flying Lufthansa via Frankfurt with United ticket, i just want to clarify this. I even checked it now through my computer & its still 1 bag of 23kg. Just click lufthansa.com & fill your US city & the day U want to travel, u will see different flights of lufthansa and one flight of United,click that united flight On Economy basic ticket,not economy basic plus & see how many bags it will give u.
firsttymum:
I can't even start arguing with baggage allowance saga.

I flew lufthansa with a United ticket and I had 2 boxes. so when u say make enquiries I'm like really?...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by gaggle: 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
Gave birth to my lo on Friday. It was a beautiful surprise! I got a baby boy after the scan I did in naija at 25 weeks indicated I was having a girl. thank God I didn't go all crazy buying pinks. so excited I will be going home soon. thanks everyone.
congrats @ olokings

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 9:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
Congrats plenty many much to u too. smiley

gaggle:
Gave birth to my lo on Friday. It was a beautiful surprise! I got a baby boy after the scan I did in naija at 25 weeks indicated I was having a girl. thank God I didn't go all crazy buying pinks. so excited I will be going home soon. thanks everyone.
congrats @ olokings

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Austine2020: 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
Thank God for a successful delivery & congrats, Thats Nig Doctors for u.Always making mistakes with their Hospital results.
gaggle:
congrats @ olokings

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 9:15pm On Sep 29, 2015
olokings:
Hellos fellas. ...
It's official, legacy number 3 confirmed and ushered into the beautiful world. .
The young prince is doing great with momma. ..
Further story leta. ..
Pinging from methodist Richardson. .
Peace people. ....
Happy dad signing out for the moment. .. cool grin
Bros, congrats to you and your wife. My God bless your newborn. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2015
gaggle:
congrats @ olokings

Congrats dear. May God bless your newborn. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tobermom: 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2015
Amother4life:

I think you made some mistakes. You should have discussed with your host before going out to shop for the house. If you had brought it up with your host that would have helped you figure out if it was a good idea. You could also have asked to follow her when she went shopping and picked your own items. Nothing stops you from giving them money ( they may turn it down) as a sign of appreciation during your first week in the house . If they turn it down atleast they know your heart is in a good place.Going out to shop for your host maybe misconstrued by some as an indictment on their ability to provide for your needs. Others would see nothing wrong with it. That is why having a discussion is imperative to know what would be acceptable with your host. Let's not burn bridges because we may need these folks later in future when our kids return to school. Ma 2 cents.

I dont think you understood my point. I didnt go shopping for the house. I dont consider buying two loaves of bread, 6 apples and a tub of ice cream shopping for the house. I actually went to buy things i would be comfortable eating as eating is a casual thing here as i earlier explained. So am i to fast as a preggy cos others arent eating? Plus i wasnt aware any shopping was done that morning. Why on earth would i repeat the shopping? And thats why i apologized. So asking a mother of two to return groceries all in an attempt to prove your ability to provide is ok? Thats unacceptable to me. I would NEVER do that!

If its for discussing it, i already got the vibes that they wouldnt accept money from me. I want macdonalds, you pay, i want to thread my eyebrows , you pay. Im not comfortable with awoof cos e dey always run belle and yet im not able to buy my own things. Thats bondage! I asked for accomodation and not govt( family) aid.

Ofcourse i will not leave here as an ingrate but if its for future ive got options, LOADS!!!

There are some people that theres just no pleasing them. Im the one in the situation and trust me a whole lot is edited

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tobermom: 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
Congratulations @olokings @gaggle

May it continue to be good news galore for you.

This one that some of these Nigerian scans are missing it. Abeg o

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bukolet: 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
firsttymum:
Hmmmm....
Basically everything
Nothing fresh.. Dry ur veges
Thanks firsttymum. Hugs

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by eyinjuedumare(f): 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2015
olokings:
Hellos fellas. ...
It's official, legacy number 3 confirmed and ushered into the beautiful world. .
Further story leta. ..
Peace people. ....

congrats latest dad!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by EmberMum: 9:37pm On Sep 29, 2015
MumTee:

@bizzle6 I'm a Richmond Dec mom o

Hello mum tee and other Houston bound mums. . I'm a Dec mum. Planning to use oakbend. Pls which accommodation are u using. I have not made up my mind on accommodation. I would rather use an extended stay accommodation or rent a place but I'm concerned about staying alone and the boredom. Looking at renting a place close to other mums for company.

The concierge accommodations are more expensive and have routines to be followed but one is more likely to companionship ther
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bizzle6: 9:50pm On Sep 29, 2015
I haven't really made up my mind if I would have my baby in richmond( oakbend precisely) or el paso. I'm really looking out for a hospital that would agree to a VBAC, any information on that would help greatly.
If I'm having my baby in richmond I'm likely staying in Pearland or Ild have to look for accommodation within richmond. Kindly share the prices u r getting on accommodation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:50pm On Sep 29, 2015
Nasadiva:
Please is there anyone coming this week that can help me with notarized consent form? Pleasssssssse!

If its urgent use DHL

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:58pm On Sep 29, 2015
Days like this I bless God for my host. She is an angel in humam form. Av done 5mths and she is lookinh forward to anoda missionary journey.
See me thinking Im a liability only for another preggie to be waiting to take my spot when I go home.
she is so down to earth I dont even have the words to show my appreciation.

Tobermom:

I dont think you understood my point. I didnt go shopping for the house. I dont consider buying two loaves of bread, 6 apples and a tub of ice cream shopping for the house. I actually went to buy things i would be comfortable eating as eating is a casual thing here as i earlier explained. So am i to fast as a preggy cos others arent eating? Plus i wasnt aware any shopping was done that morning. Why on earth would i repeat the shopping? And thats why i apologized. So asking a mother of two to return groceries all in an attempt to prove your ability to provide is ok? Thats unacceptable to me. I would NEVER do that!

If its for discussing it, i already got the vibes that they wouldnt accept money from me. I want macdonalds, you pay, i want to thread my eyebrows , you pay. Im not comfortable with awoof cos e dey always run belle and yet im not able to buy my own things. Thats bondage! I asked for accomodation and not govt( family) aid.

Ofcourse i will not leave here as an ingrate but if its for future ive got options, LOADS!!!

There are some people that theres just no pleasing them. Im the one in the situation and trust me a whole lot is edited

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 10:37pm On Sep 29, 2015
If you settle for Orlando, let me know, might be able to assist with accomodation, but depending on when you're coming sha.

elitebook:

Thanks Shelly. Florida it is for me. I will keep scouting for more affordable Hospitals so we can pay for decent accommodation and have our peace of mind. I just can't deal with the drama of staying with folks for 2months+. Nothing worse than being pregnant and miserable on top of it.
@Tobermom, I feel your pain. Been in ur shoes before.. The unexpected, unexplained mood swings and unsmiling faces. Smh. Pele! Good thing ure moving out. Do it with grace and gratitude and visit them once in a while if u feel inclined to.
All the best!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tobermom: 10:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
bizzle6:
I haven't really made up my mind if I would have my baby in richmond( oakbend precisely) or el paso. I'm really looking out for a hospital that would agree to a VBAC, any information on that would help greatly.
If I'm having my baby in richmond I'm likely staying in Pearland or Ild have to look for accommodation within richmond. Kindly share the prices u r getting on accommodation
Hi
If Youre looking for a hospital or doc to carry out VBAC then you might have to cross out el paso doctores para ti that is. They dont do VBACs ( i was told this) . what i did was to search out a hospital of choice then check out the obgyns attached to the hospital on healthgrades one after the other. If any of them have carried out a VBAC it will appear under procedures performed.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by feddy27: 11:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
Congratulations Olokings and gaggles! God bless your new additions
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 12:02am On Sep 30, 2015
Congrats Gaggles and Olokings, may God bless the little ones.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MiddyO(f): 12:29am On Sep 30, 2015
olokings:
Hellos fellas. ...
Further story leta. ..
Peace people. ....

Congrats Olokings! God bless your little one!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 12:39am On Sep 30, 2015
As long as what you have is Naira, you will have the exchange rate issue regardless of how you choose to pay. Your options and how to go about paying your bills are:

-cash - since you don't have, you can start withdrawing from any atm around you. Maximum is $300 per day - so you should have enough in 6days.

Pos: using the same card, you can swipe at any location for services rendered. No limit on how much can be spent here - well except the annual limit of $50000

Online payment: you give your card details over the phone or use a secure check out.

Per my experience, was able to pay cash to my doctor and hospital, but was impossible to do same for pediatrician and anesthesiologist because I didn't go to their offices. I just gave them my naira card details over the phone.

I tried the moneygram option with my debit card, it didn't work for me.

Udumeme:
Hello
I have a question, ive run out of dollars but have money (Naira) in my gt bank account. Someone advised i use moneygram
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bizzle6: 2:04am On Sep 30, 2015
Tobermom:

Hi
If Youre looking for a hospital or doc to carry out VBAC then you might have to cross out el paso doctores para ti that is. They dont do VBACs ( i was told this) . what i did was to search out a hospital of choice then check out the obgyns attached to the hospital on healthgrades one after the other. If any of them have carried out a VBAC it will appear under procedures performed.

thanks but I contacted University medical centre directly, I didn't go through doctors parti and they said they do perform VBAC just that it depends on my doctor and the test result performed on me upon arrival.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 2:48am On Sep 30, 2015
Congrats Olokings and gaggle..God bless your lil ones..
@gaggle, that's so disappointing I must say, our health system in Nigeria lags behind fi sure but I also have to reiterate at this point that 2D scans dont show details as much as other higher ones and 2Ds are most common in Nigeria, even hospitals in the US use 2D and you still pay almost 200$ for that scan here and may go wrong as the view isn't so clear, not totally the radiographers fault or Dr (Not all scans are done by Drs) but is good to be honest as a clinician if you not sure of the differentiation.

My advice: Always go for repeat scans at a later date in a different centre to clarify to avoid surprises and Ultrasound scans esp 2Ds are not 100% even here in the US I've heard cases of wrong sex revealed...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 4:10am On Sep 30, 2015
Udumeme:
Hello NL Fam

Its been great fun reading up on the happenings on the forum- never a dull moment cheesy keep it up! These final weeks of waiting can get really trying so im definitely keeping my self entertained and informed thanks to you all

I have a question, ive run out of dollars but have money (Naira) in my gt bank account. Someone advised i use moneygram (or was it moneyorder ) which i can obtain at Walmart and deposit it in my US bank account.

Now i ask all the financial gurus and experienced folks in the house, is this wise? And if so, can someone shed more light on how i can go about it?

I need to pay epidural and pediatrician fees which come up to $1700 and after reading about restrictions on online payment, POS and exchange rate im getting rather concerned.

Thanks

I was able to use gtbank for $1000 money order before things went haywire with the new CBN policy.

Gtbank has reviewed her pos limit severally that I have lost count. Please, call their customer service aka gtconnect and speak to someone knowledgeable to be on the safe side or you will have your transaction declined. The ATM limit is still $300 but not cost effective if you ask me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Cmeo(m): 4:24am On Sep 30, 2015
Tobermom:

I don't think your host is mean to you in the first instance, but I know its cultural thing in America that you go and serve yourself if plenty food is made or cook for yourself want you if you are not comfortable with the food they made. I suffered this at home of some of my white host sometimes back in USA thinking they didn't want me to touch their food but it was later I learnt from a Nigerian host that in America, you don't expect people to serve you but you serve yourself or cook your own choice meal at your time if you don't like what was made.

So, your host has not been mean, they have just forgotten that you be 9ja woman who always expect to be served becos you are a visitor. You are not a visiting again in american home if you are staying more than 3 days with them but its not too good to tell you to return the bought items, however I want to believe it is over reaction as she believed you have some right to tell them what you want in the home and they would try to make them available within their own means.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by gaggle: 4:26am On Sep 30, 2015
@Popri, I totally understand and agree with what you said but the Dr that did the scan for me in naija sounded so sure. He even showed me the baby's legs with nothing in between, showed me three lines abi dots he called clitoria whatever although me I could not see any of wat he was pointing at on the machine but I had to agree with him since he is the professional. So when I was told to do a scan here I was like no need except absolutely necessary. Na so I do alaroro until day of delivery and I was surprised! I am thankful to God I didn't spend so much on clothing for the baby cos I was hoping to pass down wat my 1st daughter used. Anyhow na God do am for me :-D

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Razi555: 5:38am On Sep 30, 2015
Plz can someone tell me the cost of delivery in ben taub hospital?
what i must tell to the cashier??(self pay,low incomes ,Medicaid??)
Help please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by EllaLeesa: 5:43am On Sep 30, 2015
@Bukolet congrats!!! worried about being bored stiff in New Jersey, Al be staying in extensive stay America Newark. Have family in New Jersey but will pay any price for my freedom. What I did was get an accom close to theirs . Stayed wt a moody host in london in my young adult years appeared nice the first week, by the time she started seeing all the shopping of suits n suits for work on daily basis bought by cash n not credit card she started acting really moody, meanwhile I carried all the food items I won't normally carry from naiga just to make her happy, made trads for her . After the first week the euphoria of the gifts fizzled out. Seeing all my work clothes shopping she started acting really withdrawn n weird al even retouch her hair , do the cooking for her pack them in diff containers for freezing since I was on holiday but yet ....no matter how much I tried to stay relevant and helpful she usually will snap bk to her mood . Wt all the bombarding of questions of, is your .... hiring ? How much will they pay me in your ..if I am hired wt my experience in ... ?At some point I started snicking my clothes shopn into my box like I stole the money I came with just to avoid mood swings. Since then be it London or America I stay in a rented accom. Al rather shorten my trip just to stay within budget. Then you can sleep wen you want to not struggle every night out of courtesy to kp your eyes open to listen to jists wen ur tired from all the Oxford street waka wen she comes bk from her night shifts . Cos am sensitive I discern mood swings fast and it affects me. No no to free accom. kpele Tobermom I understand completely when you say your narration was just a summary. Bukolet NJ mum I sent you a PM .

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 5:57am On Sep 30, 2015
gaggle:
@Popri, I totally understand and agree with what you said but the Dr that did the scan for me in naija sounded so sure. He even showed me the baby's legs with nothing in between, showed me three lines abi dots he called clitoria whatever although me I could not see any of wat he was pointing at on the machine but I had to agree with him since he is the professional. So when I was told to do a scan here I was like no need except absolutely necessary. Na so I do alaroro until day of delivery and I was surprised! I am thankful to God I didn't spend so much on clothing for the baby cos I was hoping to pass down wat my 1st daughter used. Anyhow na God do am for me :-D

Congratulations oo, na God win last last...Thank God you didn't do much pink.
God bless your son
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:05am On Sep 30, 2015
Once u ain't a regular here I won't acknowledge any pms. So it's better u ask questions here let everyone benefit.

Stop with the pms abeg

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:20am On Sep 30, 2015
Gaggle congratulations dearie.

This isn't the first story here about another scan is done and the sex changed. Chai

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 6:44am On Sep 30, 2015
Firsty haf cutted d wrope ooh...

firsttymum:
Once u ain't a regular here I won't acknowledge any pms. So it's better u ask questions here let everyone benefit.

Stop with the pms abeg

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MumTee: 7:12am On Sep 30, 2015
bizzle6:

@bizzle6, I am also searching for a VBAC hospital but my discussion with the Oak bend Doc shows most hospital around Houston don't do it. I found out Ben Taub General hospital Houston TX 77030 does it but when I called them, they couldn't ascertain anything and insisted that its when I come in person that we can discuss on it, other birthing options and cost/fees. So in d meantime, I'm settling for Oak bend and staying in Richmond (a private paid arrangement) unless a good VBAC deal comes up. If u can call Ben Taub Hospital, u might be lucky to get a better response on cost breakdown and other info. If you do, pls let me know.

@Embermum, I could find out for you if they have another spare room, when are u leaving? have u bought your ticket, which airline and POE are you using?

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.