Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,362 members, 7,826,425 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (894135 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by QueenWest: 9:28am On Oct 09, 2015
Yes. I should leave next week by God's grace. I plan using Oakbend.

kiboe:
Hello house,any Houston bound mum this October?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 11:56am On Oct 09, 2015
Please see below for Csection delivery - no complication - Dr F

Dr's fee - 2,240 (after discount)
Lab fee - 565
Initial visit -150
Ultrasound -150
Circumcision -300
Hospital -3,500
Pediatrician at hospital - 557 (including hearing test)
Anesthesia - 950
Lab at hospital - 84
Post delivery check up for baby - 1st - 75, 2nd - 65

allen0000:

Abeg make una no vex, I am thinking of porting to Oakbend Medical Center and please I need idea on how much cost for C-Section everything included both Dr + Hospital + others , and any help on how to reach Dr Funsho of Oakbend

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
FinanceFitness:
Han han...

@ozycy and firsty.... Leave our Dr F nau... You know I would have still used him even if I knew Dr A.... I wanted experience.... Lol

Meanwhile, we get to pay $300 or $350 on first visit with Dr F aside the test, scan and discounted fees....

u see am..... He's my darling too o. Lok
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
neks31:

See gobe o! MD hates needles and won't wasye time pointing giving us/ pointing us to take it Diarisssss God o "shakes boobs"! Meanwhile I'm changing my mind o to port to DRF but I have a phobia for female MD(s)! Waiting on ur amazing delivery story to compare notes n prices off course.
lol...... I hate drugs too..... Na so life b o, I literally cry when I'm given injection. Or when my blood is to b taken.... Even ordinary tetanus injection. The phobia no b here... But I can give it especially if u have phobia I can make u calm.

Why do u have phobia for us na... What did we do? Thought we r more patient Nd loving... cry

Will definitely share my story...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
Omogedudu99 congratulations.... We Give God the glory.

twingirls:

It's so had not to notice, he's a bloke, the guy in cubicle 6. Thanks so much. I beg I go pm you, I'm falling in love wt your doc, thank God she's female
@ uptown 17, no be my fault o, he's so cute
no wahala waiting for ur pm.
uptown17:

meanwhile i wana aask u somefn, should i PM u?
yer u can send a pm.... And seriously I pray u sort this accommodation tingy... I can see that's ur main issue tight now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by neks31(f): 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
[quote author=firsttymum post=38815124] lo

Dunno why I'm more at peace with your male colleagues! Just like me I'm afraid of needles, drugs n have serious phobia for hospitals n I feel d female docs won't have my time... esp when d want to listen to my baby heartbeat n I'm scared of that mere instrument! My first baby I just signed for CS without anything wrong o I was just scared of labour pains and all! I hope DrF don't fling me and my crying self out of his clinic. Pls if ur doc can tolerate a crybaby n a softy like me I better port sharply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 2:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
uptown17:

Dear, i have Pmed yu and sent you an email. am really interested
@firstyymum. i got saw quite a number of apartments but different K-legs dey
its either they want 6months, or the one for 3months rent are far from oakbed etc jare
yea one needs some1 there to help secure it
Am sorry presently nursing a 6 weeks old infant just circumcised so hardly online. Don't know how PM works but I have replied all emails with the contact that got my accommodation. I stayed for 2 months and paid 700$ per month. All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
favoredgal:

Guess things have really changed since April 2014 when I had my baby cuz I spent only $324 on tests with dr F. I rejected the Pap smear sha maybe that's why.

But some of the tests came in handy, it's true he doesn't give the results cuz I asked before he told me I tested positive to gbs but when I got to the hospital They already knew because they immediately administered two rounds of antibiotics

I'm curious to know the tests that dr A insists on though and also more curious to know what she discusses with her patients during antenatal because all these dr / patient chitchat not sure how it works. I'm considering her bcuz there is no initial fee / scan charge but I hope it won't be penny wise foolish sha.

Cuz when my daughter went to nicu, we spent 3 days instead of 2 but dr f used his influence to ensure we were still billed for the normal 2 days
My dear, if I had known about Dr A before now, would have ported o. I didn't have a pleasant experience with Dr. F starting with him not reachable via mobile incase of emergency to no doctor on ground at my delivery to him showing up 2 hours later with excuses etc

If I share my birth experience in detail here, no one would wanna use him again. Biko, i no fit shout. All the best to those still planning to use him though

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:

My dear, if I had known about Dr A before now, would have ported o. I didn't have a pleasant experience with Dr. F starting with him not reachable via mobile incase of emergency to no doctor on ground at my delivery to him showing up 2 hours later with excuses etc

If I share my birth experience in detail here, no one would wanna use him again. Biko, i no fit shout. All the best to those still planning to use him though

Did you get any refund?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:10pm On Oct 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:

Abegi share oo! How will people be warned? Noo vex o!
Pele
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
Phema:

Did you get any refund?
No, I didnt o though i got an apology letter from the hospital mgt. His excuse was that I have a pretty fast labour and he came as soon as he was contacted undecided

In all fairness to him, I actually have a pretty fast labour but my grievance was that one of his doctors should always be on ground to attend to emergencies

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:

No, I didnt o though i got an apology letter from the hospital mgt. His excuse was that I have a pretty fast labour and he came as soon as he was contacted undecided
In all fairness to him, I actually have a pretty fast labour but my grievance was that one of his doctors should always be on ground to attend to emergencies

Did he not know that there could be rapid labor, so as to make alternative arrangements? Na wa for some people.

We thank God everything went well.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Abegi share oo! How will people be warned? Noo vex o!
Pele
Lady G cheesy, i don share the one I fit o. If I go into details, I will no longer be anonymous na, i need to protect my identity grin

I don warn Dem the one wey I fit. I tell them say if them no mind to born without doctor on ground, then they can go for him. Others too don share their tory
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Bbsy: 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
ozycy:

$860 abi $960? grin. I don use the $960 buy plenty things full my bag cheesy
@ozycy @firsttymum abeg whats your Docs name and which hospital does he/she uses.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:

I feel your pain..-I had a good experience with him sha....

I'm sorry just always feel the need to say that else i won't feel fair

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 4:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
Neks31 if it's attention u want then u have d "wrong" person.

Shrekandfiona so no OBGYN on call or is it that he wants to eat the money alone. He shld compensate u with some refund. If u wanted nurses to handle d delivery u wld have used a birth center or something.

Bbsy:

@ozycy @firsttymum abeg whats your Docs name and which hospital does he/she uses.
Thanks
Bbsy seriously? These are national anthem names on this thread. Besides we ain't allowed to mention Dr's names. Especially when there's a comparison.
If u read this page or a few pages away you'll b able to join the lines.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 4:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
A friend and her family of 5 were recently turned back at Chicago POE. She is a frequent US traveller, they all go on yearly vacation 8 years counting, has children but they were all born here in Naija.

This is her last kid and they decided to birth this one in the US. I wasn't aware she was travelling if not would have referred her to this thread though I travelled before her.

Spent over 2.5mil on air ticket for their usual vacation but planned to stay back to deliver. She had contacted her in laws who live in the US to get her a doctor and hospital which they did but no correspondence regarding cost breakdown etc. They travelled with 18,000$ which they declared as they both work in oil companies.

When they arrived Chicago, the ffg conversation took place:

Cbd: i can see you're pregnant, do you intend giving birth here?
Friend: yes

Cbd: was the embassy informed of your plan
Friend: no, I am a frequent traveller and renewed via Dropbox before I was pregnant

Cbd: any doctor/hospital correspondence

Cbd: can i see them?
Friend: this is my doctors name and phone number, I have my appointment with her in 2 days. My friend didn't have any email exchange just the number her inlaw got and she has been in contact with the doctor via phone. That was her mistake o

Cbd: don't you have any cost breakdown
Friend: no, I plan on getting those during my 1st appointment with her.

Cbd: how much do you have
Friend: showed him her declared cash of 18,000$

They still weren't impressed o, kept questioning her on her delivery plans etc, called her doctor and confirmed the appointment but they still weren't satisfied and said she didn't plan paying her bills undecided

After over 6 hours with them, they cancelled all their visas, hers, 3 kids & her hubby and put them on the next available flight to naija. She fell into early labour on her way back to naija o.

I feel so sad for her and just tot to share so that peeps wanting to birth would do their homework very well even if you are a frequent US traveller. Be informed and be prepared. Peace y'all

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
@shrekad oomg! I'm speechless. Na wickedness in high places be this o! Haba! They. Kuku cancel the small pikins' visa!
Sad story. Wasted money
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Austine2020: 5:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:
A friend and her family of 5 were recently turned back at Chicago POE. She is a frequent US traveller, they all go on yearly vacation 8 years counting, has children but they were all born here in Naija.

This is her last kid and they decided to birth this one in the US. I wasn't aware she was travelling if not would have referred her to this thread though I travelled before her.
Thats pure wickedness for the CBP officer to cancel all their family visas. I think in my own opinion that the officer thought that since all of the family are travelling together with 18kusd & without any doctors correspondence,that they will not return back to NIG again. She should have left the kids at home as her strong ties and travel with her husband alone for birthing.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by omogedudu99: 5:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
[quote author=shrekandfiona post=38823073]A friend and her family of 5 were recently turned back at Chicago POE.

My cousin in Houston told me this exact same story yesterday when I was sharing my POE experience with her. She knows the couple...

I think that Chicago POE takes the prize for hostility but knowledge (of what they should have been prepared wirh) would have been powerful in this case.

A very sad case indeed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 5:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:

Uwc. Just be prepared for Dr F's lackadaisical attitude o. His discounted rate plus the tests is 2,860$ and that is if you pay in cash on your 2nd visit. Could be more if otherwise. Good luck with him
Lol @ "Lackadaisical attitude ". Warrisdat
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Meticulouslady(f): 5:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:

Spent over 2.5mil on air ticket for their usual vacation but planned to stay back to deliver. She had contacted her in laws who live in the US to get her a doctor and hospital which they did but no correspondence regarding cost breakdown etc. They travelled with 18,000$ which they declared as they both work in oil companies.

When they arrived Chicago, the ffg conversation took place:

Cbd: i can see you're pregnant, do you intend giving birth here?

Cbd: was the embassy informed of your plan
Friend: no, I am a frequent traveller and renewed via Dropbox before I was pregnant

Cbd: any doctor/hospital correspondence

Cbd: can i see them?
Friend: this is my doctors name and phone number, I have my appointment with her in 2 days. My friend didn't have any email exchange just the number her inlaw got and she has been in contact with the doctor via phone. That was her mistake o

Cbd: don't you have any cost breakdown
Friend: no, I plan on getting those during my 1st appointment with her.

Cbd: how much do you have
Friend: showed him her declared cash of 18,000$

They still weren't impressed o, kept questioning her on her delivery plans etc, called her doctor and confirmed the appointment but they still weren't satisfied and said she didn't plan paying her bills undecided

After over 6 hours with them, they cancelled all their visas, hers, 3 kids & her hubby and put them on the next available flight to naija. She fell into early labour on her way back to naija o.

I feel so sad for her and just tot to share so that peeps wanting to birth would do their homework very well even if you are a frequent US traveller. Be informed and be prepared. Peace y'all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 5:36pm On Oct 09, 2015
Austine2020:
Thats pure wickedness for the CBP officer to cancel all their family visas. I think in my own opinion that the officer thought that since all of the family are travelling together with 18kusd & without any doctors correspondence,that they will not return back to NIG again. She should have left the kids at home as her strong ties and travel with her husband alone for birthing.
She couldn't have left the kids na, it's a yearly tradition for them to go on family vacations. They always travelled together o. And she works in one of the biggest oil coy in Naija.

Just that this time around, after their usual 2-3 weeks vacation, she'll stay back to deliver while the family returns to Naija.

She even told the Cbd that if she was the problem, she was ready to go back alone while her kids n hubby enjoy their vacation but they didn't agree o. They cancelled all their visas
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uptown17: 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:

Am sorry presently nursing a 6 weeks old infant just circumcised so hardly online. Don't know how PM works but I have replied all emails with the contact that got my accommodation. I stayed for 2 months and paid 700$ per month. All the best
oh dear pele... i sent you an email directly but yet to get your response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 5:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:
Be informed and be prepared. Peace y'all
This is heartbreaking, I won't wish this for even my enemy. Nawaa o

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uptown17: 5:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:

She couldn't have left the kids na, it's a yearly tradition for them to go on family vacations. They always travelled together o. And she works in one of the biggest oil coy in Naija.

Just that this time around, after their usual 2-3 weeks vacation, she'll stay back to deliver while the family returns to Naija.

She even told the Cbd that if she was the problem, she was ready to go back alone while her kids n hubby enjoy their vacation but they didn't agree o. They cancelled all their visas
Ha Ha what kind of CBP was that na! this is indeed a sad story. hmnnn this is one v. wicked POE story
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by yokus(f): 6:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
That is the worst POE story i have heard. How will she tell the kids that they cant vacation in USA anymore for now. SMH.
I feel even if she had some correspondence, the officer would still send her back ahah. Cancelling the whole family's visas is cruel

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
The funny thing in noticing is these highly patronised docs is not like dey giving special discounts and treatments such that patients taking these nonchalant attitude from them. ..
Hmmmm...
Ontop my own moni person go still wan take me for granted. ...I'd have ur head ooh!

LadyGuinivere:
@shrekad oomg! I'm speechless. Na wickedness in high places be this o! Haba! They. Kuku cancel the small pikins' visa!
Sad story. Wasted money
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hi hi. .
Sorry I may sound pessimistic. ..buh I kinda wanna tow the line of the previous poster. ..
$18k for a travelling party of 5 to cover vacation, childbirth n ACCOMMODATION.plus feeding .... ?
that's a big big red flag. ...it's gonna be nowhere near enough to foot the bills ergo the CBP prejudiced response/reaction. ..

Just a decent accommodation for a 3 month period is nothing short of 9k...them Trans shopping n groceries. ..huhn huhn.....it doesn't cut it. ..
I travelled with well over 22k cash excluding accommodation and still that didn't cut it for me for a party of 5.... debit alerts still ringing excess.

They just struck d CBP dead on as highly unprepared. ..

shrekandfiona:

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.