Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (894539 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 10:50pm On Oct 08, 2015
Bbsy:
Hi people,
Am travelling soon and i wntto do some test bfr going.
My question is aside the no 1-4 test that will be accepted if done prior to my arrival according to Dr Fagbohun list of test, can i do the other ones just to cut the cost of test am going to do in houston.
Plus i wantto knw if there is anyone Dr fagbohun accepted it from.
Urgent please...kindly assist with a response.

Thanks...
He won't accept others o and he charges about 600$ for the rest tests and annoyingly, the same tests are repeated at delivery at a cost except the pap smear undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Austine2020: 11:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
LI:
After two visa refusals; one each for my DW and I when we went together, and then another for her when she went alone, we finally got our visas approved today in Abuja during the 10:15 am appointment by the gentleman on window 9.

The first interview was before we came across this beautiful thread on NL. In fact, after that first refusal and upon discovering this thread, my DW and I were quite glad we were refused because the horror of getting turned back at POE because you didn't declare you were pregnant terrif.
God is good. There is nothing like "never give up", after 3 denials u & your wife still have the desire for the 4th and got it. To God be the Glory.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
vamum:

My dear, everyone doesn't need to be an agent, Stop being overly suspicious of everyone. Have a couple of family members that have made inquires like you probably have done too with your family members and the quotes I sent to them were way to high.
interesting statement.
If u sound like an agent here.. People usually don't reply, which I guess u already know. Anyway I asked because d rates I av are way way lower than ur quote..
vamum:

I run down o! Justwise has seen competition for moderator grin grin grin
seen... Ignored.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:16pm On Oct 08, 2015
Forget I'm all cheerful and playful.... I can b nasty and a biatch if I want to.
But this a faceless forum and I'm not a keyboard warrior... Nastiness isn't really my thing... But then again two can play the game

Dropsmic #nuffsaid

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:18pm On Oct 08, 2015
shrekandfiona:

He won't accept others o and he charges about 600$ for the rest tests and annoyingly, the same tests are repeated at delivery at a cost except the paper smear undecided
wow... Didn't even know it was that high. So annoying. Why make us do the test when same tests will b repeated at delivery.... That's what's more annoying.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 11:18pm On Oct 08, 2015
Dear El Paso mums and dads. Please is anyone coming back to Lagos between now and next week? I have some of my babies' formula to send down here and it's rather urgent; My babies only feed on that formula and breastmilk . Please do send me a pm or a mail on nogen1234@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:20pm On Oct 08, 2015
Apple19:
Hello house, congrats to all successful Interviews and POEs. May God make is easy for us remaining.

@Firsty Mum, am still waiting for the update O. You can PM me plssss!!!! Thanks in anticipation. Expecting the grand entry of LO
what update darling... Can't remember no vex *covers face *
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Bbsy: 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thanks @shrekandfiona and @financefitness
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by IjayMama: 12:02am On Oct 09, 2015
olokings:
It's pain mgt coy affiliated with Methodist Richardson.

Okay...Thanks very much. Appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 12:09am On Oct 09, 2015
firsttymum:
wow... Didn't even know it was that high. So annoying. Why make us do the test when same tests will b repeated at delivery.... That's what's more annoying.
I tell ya. And he tells you that's his discounted rate for the test. He doesn't even tell/give the results until you demand for it. When I asked him why I wasn't given the test results, he said because all the results were fine but I would have been alerted if the results came out +ve.

However I demanded a print out of all my test results and was given and those same tests were done immediately after delivery by the hospital's pathologist except the pap smear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 12:10am On Oct 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:

He won't accept others o and he charges about 600$ for the rest tests and annoyingly, the same tests are repeated at delivery at a cost except the pap smear undecided

Vuvu annoying. I wonder what I ll be testing for $600 and after wch the hospital will still test der own. I didn't pay a dime for any test. All my tests were accepted by my precious doc grin. Na me come dey beg for test sef grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by eyinjuedumare(f): 12:12am On Oct 09, 2015
@afrobrown2000, i have tried responding to your PMs but am not sure i got it right. You can send a mail to me - joyfulmom131@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 12:13am On Oct 09, 2015
Bbsy:
Thanks @shrekandfiona and @financefitness
Uwc. Just be prepared for Dr F's lackadaisical attitude o. His discounted rate plus the tests is 2,860$ and that is if you pay in cash on your 2nd visit. Could be more if otherwise. Good luck with him
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:14am On Oct 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:

I tell ya. And he tells you that's his discounted rate for the test. He doesn't even tell/give the results until you demand for it. When I asked him why I wasn't given the test results, he said because all the results were fine but I would have been alerted if the results came out +ve.

However I demanded a print out of all my test results and was given and those same tests were done immediately after delivery by the hospital's pathologist except the pap smear
it's the discounted statement part that's annoying me right now.
He does the ultrasound himself yet he charges it separately Main while u pay Dr's fee o....

It's not fair... If the test will b repeated at delivery then why repeat it. Mscheew.....

ozycy:

Vuvu annoying. I wonder what I ll be testing for $600 and after wch the hospital will still test der own. I didn't pay a dime for any test. All my tests were accepted by my precious doc grin. Na me come dey beg for test sef grin
our sweet precious Dr.....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 12:16am On Oct 09, 2015
firsttymum:
Dr F nd Dr A are pretty different as regards the tests... One doesn't waste ur time and money with some tests since it will b redone at delivery ( except it's absolutely necessary)... While d other wants it.

I kukuma hate needles... So I'm glad I chose an amazing Dr.
Exactly, she told me most of the tests will still be repeated in the hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:18am On Oct 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:

Uwc. Just be prepared for Dr F's lackadaisical attitude o. His discounted rate plus the tests is 2,860$ and that is if you pay in cash on your 2nd visit. Could be more if otherwise. Good luck with him
lol....

Ozycy reading the above.... And comparing to ours... A reason to smile. That's saving 860
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 12:34am On Oct 09, 2015
firsttymum:
lol....
Ozycy reading the above.... And comparing to ours... A reason to smile. That's saving 860
$860 abi $960? grin. I don use the $960 buy plenty things full my bag cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jinggles(f): 12:36am On Oct 09, 2015
Hello everyone, so I heard it takes about 45 days to get a child's birth certificate in Tennessee. Does anyone know any other option?. Or connect me to someone that has done this before?.
Thanks guys in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by drfdee: 1:23am On Oct 09, 2015
@ marchmum.: hope u avnt forgotten abt the info I asked from u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 1:50am On Oct 09, 2015
Han han...

@ozycy and firsty.... Leave our Dr F nau... You know I would have still used him even if I knew Dr A.... I wanted experience.... Lol

Meanwhile, we get to pay $300 or $350 on first visit with Dr F aside the test, scan and discounted fees....

ozycy:

$860 abi $960? grin. I don use the $960 buy plenty things full my bag cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:08am On Oct 09, 2015
FinanceFitness:
Han han...

@ozycy and firsty.... Leave our Dr F nau... You know I would have still used him even if I knew Dr A.... I wanted experience.... Lol

Meanwhile, we get to pay $300 or $350 on first visit with Dr F aside the test, scan and discounted fees....

Abeg make una no vex, I am thinking of porting to Oakbend Medical Center and please I need idea on how much cost for C-Section everything included both Dr + Hospital + others , and any help on how to reach Dr Funsho of Oakbend
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by EmberMum: 3:41am On Oct 09, 2015
akelvin:
Any december houston bound mum leaving nov

Hi, December mum leaving nov. I'm using oakbend Dr F. Are u getting an apartment ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 5:18am On Oct 09, 2015
akelvin:
Any december houston bound mum leaving nov
You are back again? grin
I think say Na only me Waka come second missionary journey so soon
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 5:24am On Oct 09, 2015
FinanceFitness:
Han han...
You see what am talking about grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by neks31(f): 7:12am On Oct 09, 2015
firsttymum:
Dr F nd Dr A are pretty different as regards the tests... One doesn't waste ur time and money with some tests since it will b redone at delivery ( except it's absolutely necessary)... While d other wants it.

I kukuma hate needles... So I'm glad I chose an amazing Dr.

See gobe o! MD hates needles and won't wasye time pointing giving us/ pointing us to take it Diarisssss God o "shakes boobs"! Meanwhile I'm changing my mind o to port to DRF but I have a phobia for female MD(s)! Waiting on ur amazing delivery story to compare notes n prices off course.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 7:22am On Oct 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:

Guess things have really changed since April 2014 when I had my baby cuz I spent only $324 on tests with dr F. I rejected the Pap smear sha maybe that's why.

But some of the tests came in handy, it's true he doesn't give the results cuz I asked before he told me I tested positive to gbs but when I got to the hospital They already knew because they immediately administered two rounds of antibiotics

I'm curious to know the tests that dr A insists on though and also more curious to know what she discusses with her patients during antenatal because all these dr / patient chitchat not sure how it works. I'm considering her bcuz there is no initial fee / scan charge but I hope it won't be penny wise foolish sha.

Cuz when my daughter went to nicu, we spent 3 days instead of 2 but dr f used his influence to ensure we were still billed for the normal 2 days

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by twingirls: 7:36am On Oct 09, 2015
firsttymum:
Twingirls congratulations again..

The handsome part got me laughing

It's so had not to notice, he's a bloke, the guy in cubicle 6. Thanks so much. I beg I go pm you, I'm falling in love wt your doc, thank God she's female

@ uptown 17, no be my fault o, he's so cute
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akelvin(f): 7:38am On Oct 09, 2015
ozycy i am back again o,e no gree wait,no b only u waka come o ,,,hahahaha.n to think i kept telling phema she is the one coming back again this year for another one..Lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Alubosa: 7:55am On Oct 09, 2015
Adebuble:

please was it just that apartment or there are more like that, am also interested.

thank you

Check out airbnb.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uptown17: 9:00am On Oct 09, 2015
shrekandfiona:

I don't know how pm's work, but you can send me one let me see if I can access it. I rented a shared 2 bedroom in southwest houston for 700$. Came furnished with my toilet/bath but had to share the kitchen. About 20mins drive to oakbend
Dear, i have Pmed yu and sent you an email. am really interested
@firstyymum. i got saw quite a number of apartments but different K-legs dey
its either they want 6months, or the one for 3months rent are far from oakbed etc jare
yea one needs some1 there to help secure it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uptown17: 9:04am On Oct 09, 2015
firsttymum:
Forget I'm all cheerful and playful.... I can b nasty and a biatch if I want to.
But this a faceless forum and I'm not a keyboard warrior... Nastiness isn't really my thing... But then again two can play the game

Dropsmic #nuffsaid
firstyy love, you know what i have come to realise, our friends/family in amelica who aint experienced with our misionary journeys from naija truly dont know cheap hopitals. even if its in their vicinity, dem fit no know ooo! oya cool off. Two shouldnt play any game

meanwhile i wana aask u somefn, should i PM u?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by omogedudu99: 9:10am On Oct 09, 2015
Hello good people.

I arrived Dallas on Oct 7 via Houston. Requested for wheelchair service for Houston arrival onl and didnt use in lagos.

The wheelchaie service took forever to come as there were many grandmums on the flight and 2 other flights arrived the terminal at about the same time.

Anyhow, I was finally wheeled to the fasttrack lane at immigration and my conversation with the officer wenr thus:
- officer: what are you in the US for.
Me: maternity leave.
Officer: scans my passport and said "you had a baby here last year"
Me: yes.
Officee: Did you pay?
Me: yes. And I have my receipts.
He asked me to place my fingers and thumbs on the scanner and told me to go for sec inspection so they can reconfirm my visa or something like that.

Was wheeled into the waiting room and the lady pushing the wheelchair offloaded me there. I guess to go back to the other people waiting for wheelchair pushers.

I saw the 2 other preggies that I had noticed on the flight in the waiting room. They must have walked but got to immigration well before i did. They were attended to and stamped in without any hassle. Just that they were questioned well. I even saw one them showing receipts of part payment or invoice from oakbend.

I waited about an hour after the other preggies left before I was called up.

Repeated that I was here on maternity leave. And yes, i had a baby there in houston last year. Brought out my receipts and the officer took time to go through them.

He asked me where I was headed this time around. Told him Dallas. Asked if I had discounts from the new Dr and hospital. I just gave him the email correspondences I had.

He read thru and asked how much money I had on me. Told him $8000 in cash and about $3000 on my Visa and Mastercard. That I would also be accessing my salary during this period. He nodded and said, nice!

Asked how I got to know the new hospital. Told him my host used them and she made the initial contact on my behalf and I followed up thereafter.

Asked if the address on my landing card was my host's address. Told him yes.

He asked if my hubby was with me on this trip and I said no. He would be coming later with our son next month and our boy would be having his checkup with the pediatrician.

He then typed for a while and stamped me in till April next year. Although visa expires January.

Last year i only waited for 20mins in sec inspection at Houston before i was let in but the immigration officers were not so friendly.

I had to wait a long while this time around, but i must confess their attitude has improved tremendously. The officer even told me " WELCOME BACK" as he handed my passport back to me.

I had missed my connecting flight and used that information to harass the next line of immigration officers I met. They just directed me to the United airline stand and so I avoided being told to go to agric.

Got on the next available flight and I'm now at my friend's place in Frisco, Dallas. My first appointment with the obgyn is this afternoon. Dr charge is 2500 for vaginal delivery. Hospital is 3918.

Will give further details later after I have concluded my registration.

Congratulations to the new mums and dads, especially my "Dallas seniors" - terese69 and olokings.

Wish the awaiting mums safe deliveries and successful Visa and POE experience to the others.

Blessings.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.