Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893739 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 19, 2015
oluwafunkenny:
That's d rate. And cheaper than getting from mallams. Most times it fluctuates between 208.5 and 210. Better to swipe on POS to prevent additional charges

I did for 224 to a naira with a gtbank card on monday and gtbank cards don't swipe too, it's a chip and pin card.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 19, 2015
chloe7:
I did for 224 to a naira with a gtbank card on monday and gtbank cards don't swipe too, it's a chip and pin card.
it does swipe for sure

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 19, 2015
mimibe:
it does swipe for sure
it doesn't because I tried it in the u.k last week and it failed I called card services and I was told it won't swipe because it's a chip and pin card even though it had that black thingy behind, i've even tried it at dubai duty free before and it didn't swipe
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2015
chloe7:
it doesn't because I tried it in the u.k last week and it failed I called card services and I was told it won't swipe because it's a chip and pin card even though it had that black thingy behind, i've even tried it at dubai duty free before and it didn't swipe

I have used it in a store in the US on some occasions and it swiped and paid for the things I bought but most times, it asks for my pin.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 12:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
chloe7:
it doesn't because I tried it in the u.k last week and it failed I called card services and I was told it won't swipe because it's a chip and pin card even though it had that black thingy behind, I've even tried it at dubai duty free before and it didn't swipe

Please did you remember to check the British Airways seats? As in the economy seats with more leg room. embarassed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 12:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
PetMe13:
Try pigeon portable electric breast pump. Itz small and does a good job. U can as well use batteries if u are out of electricity. It works so good and is durable. I used it every single day for my first upto 6 and half months and now using same for my new baby now 3 months old and still using daily. We first got medella manual pump which didn't last for more than 2 weeks for my first then we got the ever so good pigeon.

ok sis. Will weigh my options and settle for either Pigeon or Medela.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by isysleek: 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
Thanks. Sent u a pm. Pls respond.

demi2000:

Yes that was what I did, but like I said I am long gone but not showing and I went with my doctor own but she demanded for govt hospital. So try go with govt hospital. I believe they don't want to carry after 28 weeks. I was looking like 4 or 5 months but was 8 months. So wishing u good luck dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
dittobaby:

Please did you remember to check the British Airways seats? As in the economy seats with more leg room. embarassed
I checked i'm so sorry for not getting back, seats 51-53, I sat on 53b and it had enough space both in front and by the side and I was the only one on row 53 so I just started sleeping as I liked, I think you should choose 53 because it's close to the toilet and quite comfortable and I also got attended the first in terms of serving

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 19, 2015
Nogen:

I have used it in a store in the US on some occasions and it swiped and paid for the things I bought but most times, it asks for my pin.
infact that card embarrassed me last week in the uk I took a taxi called budget taxi in Newcastle and I got home and wanted to pay the card machine the taxi had could only swipe and after swiping and swiping it didn't go I had to use the cash machine, with that annoyance I called gtbank card services and they said sorry ma'am your card is a chip and pin card it can't swipe before I remembered that I had tried using it in dubai sometimes ago and I tried swiping but it didn't work I had to go the manual way ( entering pin)

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hopefulme: 1:28pm On Mar 19, 2015
My opinion For mamas using oakbend,it's easier to make payment with your card on phone and follow up for your receipt and zero balance.you can call the following numbers
Yolander (713-458-4352) for epidural and anaesthesia payment and also request for receipt + zero balance sent to you by email and you mail address
Diana Bradley (281-477-8660 extension 7015) make payment and request same as above
Alice patient accounts at oakbend (281-341-2843) 7days after delivery you can pick up your zero balance at hospital in Jackson
Browns and associates (713-458-4354).in the voice of Tvegas, easiest to pay

In all remember to always state you are self pay and your doctors name if need arise.
If you intend going to downtown for expedite passport u can compare price with curb (app for taxi) to book taxi.i paid 64 going and 62 coming back to richmond.Also ensure that you meet the requirement on their website and go early to avoid road traffic.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kaakaa(f): 1:29pm On Mar 19, 2015
nelly2012:

OK. The San francisco bay area is a no go area for someone on a budget... researched on that area for about a week and the cheapest I got for C/S hosp fee was like $11k. Pls you can research more online and if you succeed lemme know OK. As per California in general, cheaper rates are towards LA. We've had a. few mother's here use there. Check MamaTobenna & OMary83 posts. They are in Inglewood, CA now.
Hope this helps.

Thank you very much Nelly 2015, I am almost tired searching for hosp dere,can't seem to find any affordable one as that is where I have relatives....
I will look up the names you gave me for LA, and see how that works....thank you very much.

House, pls any other info will be highly appreciated....pleeeease. ..thank you, love y'all, ur all really God sent. ..lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kaakaa(f): 1:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
[quote author=nefertitiram post=31742827]

I don't knw of San Francisco but there's a cheap one in San Diego, Sharp Healthcare systems. There's no info on their website.
You need to get someone on ground to hook you up or go in person[/quote

thank you dear, will definitely look it up..... ]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demi2000: 2:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
isysleek:
Thanks. Sent u a pm. Pls respond.

I have responded
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mabels: 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
chloe7:

Gtb cards do swipe. Used mine in carter's store in NY.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oluwafunkenny: 3:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
224 naira- I am not so sure you calculated it well if u used on POS. Well I don't have gtcard but my experience with FBN and Access Card. That has been d rate boundary. Even Dubai with 3rd currency that will need conversion was 211 as at yesterday.

If you use on atm- additional charge will accrue.

chloe7:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 4:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
Yes dear Visa card is cheaper

Adiahabasi:
Thanks Nita, any idea if visa is cheaper?cld just transfer the funds to my visa card, and use that instead.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 19, 2015
oluwafunkenny:
224 naira- I am not so sure you calculated it well if u used on POS. Well I don't have gtcard but my experience with FBN and Access Card. That has been d rate boundary. Even Dubai with 3rd currency that will need conversion was 211 as at yesterday.

If you use on atm- additional charge will accrue.

I calculated it well, pounds equally rose last week, different banks different rates every day, in terms of exchange rate there is no boundaries at all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 19, 2015
mabels:

Gtb cards do swipe. Used mine in carter's store in NY.
my own card does not swipe o because I have tried and it didn't work
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 4:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
Is it for all plane models. I am assuming not all their planes are the same model
chloe7:
I checked i'm so sorry for not getting back, seats 51-53, I sat on 53b and it had enough space both in front and by the side and I was the only one on row 53 so I just started sleeping as I liked, I think you should choose 53 because it's close to the toilet and quite comfortable and I also got attended the first in terms of serving
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2015
Don't know about this swipe and not swiping thingy. I use my Gtbank in the UK all the time and it works every time. Last time I was in Dubai, I used my Heritage Bank card and it worked perfectly. The rates are usually bad. Will choose that over buying from mallams every time. Both are Naira Debit Mastercard
chloe7:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by drafrican: 5:18pm On Mar 19, 2015
Newmum0615:
Is it for all plane models. I am assuming not all their planes are the same model
I beg to differ on the sit 53 it's just a regular seats
Sounds more like seat 34 or 41 or 40 JMk the ones right after premium economy. Imo

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
Newmum0615:
it was an A380 airbus if i'm not mistaken sha but is was BA75 LHR-LOS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
Newmum0615:
Don't know about this swipe and not swiping thingy. I use my Gtbank in the UK all the time and it works every time. Last time I was in Dubai, I used my Heritage Bank card and it worked perfectly. The rates are usually bad. Will choose that over buying from mallams every time. Both are Naira Debit Mastercard
well i'm not saying my card doesn't work abroad, I don't buy fx from mallams I use my card but what i'm saying is that my card doesn't swipe because on 2 occasions I can remember that swiping thing embarrassed me the latest was even last week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 6:02pm On Mar 19, 2015
chloe7:
well i'm not saying my card doesn't work abroad, I don't buy fx from mallams I use my card but what i'm saying is that my card doesn't swipe because on 2 occasions I can remember that swiping thing embarrassed me the latest was even last week.
it happens. you need to call your bank to unblock the card. seems they do that when they see international transaction.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
zeezahbee:
it happens. you need to call your bank to unblock the card. seems they do that when they see international transaction.
I already contacted them o my sister! They said my card is a chip and pin card, they were busy speaking english for me, wetin I go do
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ifax(f): 6:38pm On Mar 19, 2015
chloe7:
it was an A380 airbus if i'm not mistaken sha but is was BA75 LHR-LOS

It can't be a380. Our airports are not a380 ready. Maybe Boeing 747
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
ifax:

It can't be a380. Our airports are not a380 ready. Maybe Boeing 747
i'm very sure it was an airbus though, i'll check the type of the aircraft via the survey email they sent to me if it's included
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2015
[quote author=chloe7 post=31788904]it was an A380 airbus if i'm not mistaken sha but is was BA75 LHR-LOS
It should be airbus A320. A380 cannot come to NAIA for now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sugah: 9:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
chloe7:

Confirm from your bank what account your card is tied to (savings or current) and then transfer money to that account. Unlike in Nigeria where they can select what account to credit... It goes direct to the account it is tied to and if there isn't enough money in the account, the transaction is declined.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jyde2014: 9:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
Good evening all,
Pls someone posted a link that shows directory of physicians in the united states few days ago. been looking for that very post,or has the link been removed?
pls house. it's a vital piece of information needed urgently. pls help.
thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by customised87: 10:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
jyde2014:
Good evening all,
Pls someone posted a link that shows directory of physicians in the united states few days ago. been looking for that very post,or has the link been removed?
thanks.

Just google healthgrades,you ll find them dre
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ifax(f): 10:26pm On Mar 19, 2015
jyde2014:
Good evening all,
thanks.

Healthgrade

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.