Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,996 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893135 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sadiaalmas: 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
sayoberry:
Hello all. Just delivered my twins at oak bend medical center thru c.s. a boy and a girl

Congratulations

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ampretty: 1:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
bims87:

Hello,you only ve to renew ur visa if it has expired,if it's still valid at the time u want to use it again after giving birth,u do not need to renew.Secondly,ur child does not qualify for Dropbox so u ve to choose an interview date for him and you or ur husband would be to go with him.
Thanx a bunch i was thinking because he is an infant thats why

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by beautyx5: 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2015
boldbabe:

Medela manual breastpump is okay because i used it for my 6 months exclusive breastfeeding, though it was given to me by the hospital as part of my freebies.

@iyawotobe Medela is truly an awesome breast pump o. Doesn't hurt the breasts and very easy to use. I even use the manual one cos it's therapeutic for me. Please invest in one. You won't regret it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by pattyreal(f): 1:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
fayemzbaba:
Any MIHS Arizona bound mum in April interested in sharing a 2-bedroom?

Wen r u arriving?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by fayemzbaba: 2:26pm On Mar 20, 2015
@pattyreal, sent you a pm.

pattyreal:

Wen r u arriving?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by stinux(f): 3:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
Yeah, considering there. send me a mail on stinux2005@yahoo.com for the full details.

fayemzbaba:
Any MIHS Arizona bound mum in April interested in sharing a 2-bedroom?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oluolubukola: 5:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
Hello everyone in d house, I also happen to be a silent reader of dis forum. I am a July mum and I just got my visa at the abuja embassy today.*big smile* my joy knows no bound right now and I can't thank everyone for dia contribution on dis forum.
I want to specially thank @sayoberry becos she is heaven sent. Her help was immeasurable and God Bless her real good.
Spent almost 10 minutes with the VO but atlast GodWin. I will post d interview question soon. Ciaos.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 5:22pm On Mar 20, 2015
PTP ADMIN:

GTB is doing promo for all their card holders flying BA to USA,15% Discount, you can check your email, am sure they would have sent you one. I dont want to post the link here to avoid been ban from here.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mrsmo: 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2015
Good afternoon peeps. Need help. Just called the passport agency to book an appointment and was asked to call back on April 3, to make the appointment when my travel date is April 16.

Is this normal. I was expecting that they would give me a date to visit the passport agency in Houston. Or am I on the wrong path?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 7:04pm On Mar 20, 2015
Oluolubukola:
Hello everyone in d house, I also happen to be a silent reader of dis forum. I am a July mum and I just got my visa at the abuja embassy today.*big smile* my joy knows no bound right now and I can't thank everyone for dia contribution on dis forum.
I want to specially thank @sayoberry becos she is heaven sent. Her help was immeasurable and God Bless her real good.
Spent almost 10 minutes with the VO but atlast GodWin. I will post d interview question soon. Ciaos.
congrats olubukola
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MamaTrust: 7:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
temmyright:

Hello,

I am a MAY mum and i am to travel 2 d US 2nd week of April. I am so much interested in the accomodation sharing but i haven't decide on d hospital 2 use. pls, what is d price all inclusive for oakbend and WHMC?

Thanks
temmyright, check your email and reply. thnks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by domrita: 7:39pm On Mar 20, 2015
Hi everyone I have been a silent of this thread for a while and it has been very helpful.I got my visa thanks to the various info I got frm here and for that am so gerateful. I hope u ll help to solve some issues I have
1) I contacted an obgyn in houston and paid all his expenses for which he wrote a lettr I presented to d VO now I have noticed that his fees r costly compared to dr fagbohuns n others I see here how can I get him to refund d 3k plus USD that I have paid him?
2)My EDD is 2nd july I hope I deliver late june n booked a flight for May 23 (UA) pls is there any mom travelling arund then pls can I have info on accomodatn arund richmond/oak bend areas. Thanks pls help ur sister oooo

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by PastFaith(f): 7:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
Good evening,pls saw some Vital information on dis topic,and I'm going to Texas as well to hv my baby,I'm in need of a cheaper accommodation nd Dr too.Pls @damsel020 hw do I get intouch wit u ma,saw ur breakdown of the bills,pls ma can I get ur email and the Doctors no,or name of hospital.Thanks pls help me,cos is urgent.Below is my email id (faithkunss@yahoo.com) waiting to here from u@damsel or anyone who can assist.God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
Dr. Fagbohun: fagbohunmd@yahoo.com

PastFaith:
Good evening,pls saw some Vital information on dis topic,and I'm going to Texas as well to hv my baby,I'm in need of a cheaper accommodation nd Dr too.Pls @damsel020 hw do I get intouch wit u ma,saw ur breakdown of the bills,pls ma can I get ur email and the Doctors no,or name of hospital.Thanks pls help me,cos is urgent.Below is my email id (faithkunss@yahoo.com) waiting to here from u@damsel or anyone who can assist.God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 9:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
uchetobi:

Hmm... Is Houston your Poe?

Have you gone to Florida with your sister wife and hubby and come back as you told them when you got your visa.

My dear letter of intent or not those above listed facts are very critical to your case at Poe or even renewal

New York is my poe and no, we haven't used the visa yet. But quite a number of mamas here have done the same and scaled through, though l know they might hala me for this and I'm prepared to speak grammar to them.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MamaTrust: 9:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
domrita:
Hi everyone I have been a silent of this thread for a while and it has been very helpful.I got my visa thanks to the various info I got frm here and for that am so gerateful. I hope u ll help to solve some issues I have
1) I contacted an obgyn in houston and paid all his expenses for which he wrote a lettr I presented to d VO now I have noticed that his fees r costly compared to dr fagbohuns n others I see here how can I get him to refund d 3k plus USD that I have paid him?
2)My EDD is 2nd july I hope I deliver late june n booked a flight for May 23 (UA) pls is there any mom travelling arund then pls can I have info on accomodatn arund richmond/oak bend areas. Thanks pls help ur sister oooo
You can contact the obgyn the same way you paid him. just tell him you have changed plans. He will surely refund you.

2. my EDD is also around the same time, i sent you a pm, we can plan together.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by domrita: 11:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
@mama trust thanks oooo! Pls I hvnt got a hang of this pm thg.my email is drchiomaigwe@yahoo.com pls mail me.pls June/ July mums abeg let's yarn my emails above! Thanks people!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lesplus1: 11:27pm On Mar 20, 2015
Newmum0615:
@dere5 of life! thanks.

I got a ticket to houston for 289k yesterday. I was considering doing lagos-new york but after after adding flights ticket from NY to houston and maybe 1night hotel bill. It didn't make much sense....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mummyprincess: 12:43am On Mar 21, 2015
Greetings to the house!
Pls I wld appreciate if some one shares about where and how to get new born's paper works done including the passports in Maryland. I want to help a sister who is in need.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by pattyreal(f): 1:06am On Mar 21, 2015
Hi all, i'm in need of a flat mate @ phoenix @ a very affordable rate. If u r interested send mi a pm. D room will b available frm 1st April.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 1:53am On Mar 21, 2015
Update:
Called passport office on Sunday and got an appointment for yesterday, so I went there and they asked me to com today... I met a nairalander too.
Fast forward to today I'm currently smiling at two shining navy blue pali grin

Meanwhile I collected my zero balance from Dr Fagbohun today. My babies blew my cover in his office NL people recognized me one time grin and one mama said my mouth big pass my body grin infact I need to gather weight, height and old face small.

For the Nigerian visa in blue Biro, I'm thinking of doing it myself since I still have a long time till I go home. Though I've called the tanko man already just incase.

Has anyone done visa by himself?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gracydee(f): 2:38am On Mar 21, 2015
nefertitiram:

From experience and some posts here, waknow is not friendly at all with changing schedule and adding baby onn your ticket. They can be gangsta sometimes. But different strokes sha.
There is travelstart.com.ng
They have insurance they suggest you buy that allows you to make changes for free. Don't have so much details sha.

Don't mind all these agents, all na scam. I bought my ticket with flexi option that is meant to give me one free date change through travelstart and something came up that made me consider rescheduling. I sent them a mail to inform them only for me to first get a quote of 125k to reschedule and another mail where they apologised that they just confirmed that I bought a flexi ticket and another quote of 75k..........wish I didn't pay the extra 15k for flexi would have paid a cheaper amount for the ticket because to me I wouldn't pay as much as 75k to change date sha.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mrsmo: 3:19am On Mar 21, 2015
sayoberry:
Update:
Called passport office on Sunday and got an appointment for yesterday, so I went there and they asked me to com today... I met a nairalander too.
Fast forward to today I'm currently smiling at two shining navy blue pali grin

Meanwhile I collected my zero balance from Dr Fagbohun today. My babies blew my cover in his office NL people recognized me one time grin and one mama said my mouth big pass my body grin infact I need to gather weight, height and old face small.

For the Nigerian visa in blue Biro, I'm thinking of doing it myself since I still have a long time till I go home. Though I've called the tanko man already just incase.

Has anyone done visa by himself?

Hi dear,

Am having Difficulty scheduling an appointment with the passport agency. The rep I spoke with says since my travel date is April 16 that I do not qualify for the14days timeline and that I should go to a post office close to me.

When is your travel date. Y
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Annonn: 3:34am On Mar 21, 2015
mrsmo:

Hi dear,
Am having Difficulty scheduling an appointment with the passport agency. The rep I spoke with says since my travel date is April 16 that I do not qualify for the14days timeline and that I should go to a post office close to me.

Hi,

I'm a silent reader who used NL info to get to the US (Houston) and have my baby. Baby is a month old and I'm leaving this weekend.

Call the agency again and tell them you need to get a visa for your baby's trip to Nigeria and that their rule says "within four weeks of your departure date if you need to apply for a visa".

Better still, just use the automated scheduling number. It has less drama and i used it. Check for it on-line.

good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hopefulme: 4:35am On Mar 21, 2015
PastFaith:

Please confirm if the email address is correct.sent mail to you and it is not delivering.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 4:57am On Mar 21, 2015
mrsmo:

Hi dear,

Rep ke? I did not speak to any rep o. I called the number tVegas posted. The number is even on the internet, its an automated response. After you follow the instructions it give you the next available date.. And when u accept it, it gives you an appointment number. I travel april6. Its 4 weeks that I was told not 14 days. Chect tvegas post for the number
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Marylandmama: 5:07am On Mar 21, 2015
mummyprincess:
Greetings to the house!
Pls I wld appreciate if some one shares about where and how to get new born's paper works done including the passports in Maryland. I want to help a sister who is in need.

To process your baby's papers; I filled a form for the birth certificate and Social security number at the hospital after delivery. I then went to the dept of vital statistics in baltimore a week after to collect the birth certificate. The social security number was mailed to my address within 2 weeks. For the American passport, i filled the online form and went to a passport agency in columbia library to Submit the form with a copy of the birth certificate. I went with my hubby so there was no need to get a notarized letter. I paid extra $60 for expedited processing. The passport was sent to my address in less than 2 weeks. Am processing the nigerian visa now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by PastFaith(f): 5:08am On Mar 21, 2015
Thanks@Segbas,do u hv any info on a very reasonable accomodation? I contacted Precious Cedars but trying to see if there's an alternative.God bless

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by PastFaith(f): 5:11am On Mar 21, 2015
hopefulme:

Please confirm if the email address is correct.sent mail to you and it is not delivering.
Oh so sorry about dat,there was a mistake is faithkuns@yahoo.com pls resend email.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 5:48am On Mar 21, 2015
customised87:
Hi,does anyone know if i can use my card to pay for my infant's ticket at the airport? This one BA says they cant accept payment over the phone except at the airport and the exchange rate is higher when i withdraw cash from the atm. Help a sis abeg

Please how much was the tkt?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 5:49am On Mar 21, 2015
lesplus1:

I got a ticket to houston for 289k yesterday. I was considering doing lagos-new york but after after adding flights ticket from NY to houston and maybe 1night hotel bill. It didn't make much sense....

I agree with you,289k for Houston is not a bad deal at all after considering all,if you had bought lagos - New York an added domestic flight and hotel money,i am sure your bill will climb 300K+ infact you have done well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 5:53am On Mar 21, 2015
mrsmo:
Good afternoon peeps. Need help. Just called the passport agency to book an appointment and was asked to call back on April 3, to make the appointment when my travel date is April 16.

Is this normal. I was expecting that they would give me a date to visit the passport agency in Houston. Or am I on the wrong path?

Travel has to be within 14 days..

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.