Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,624 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893484 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 2:29am On Mar 28, 2015
Phema... Where u dey? A beg I need you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 4:01am On Mar 28, 2015
femoric9:

femoric9:
Please House, i have a Sister having a problem. She had a 2yrs visitor's visa with her husband that was got early 2014 and she is now 32weeks pregnant and decided to use d opportunity to give birth in d USA since they can both afford it

Firstly, 3 months ago, she wrote the US embassy immigration via email that she wanted to use go and give birth in the USA and she has a visitor B2 visa, but she only got the automatic reply saying they are not available to respond now.
Now, at the POE yesterday, she told the POE her birthing intention and that it is 25weeks, that she is here for holiday and to have her baby.

SO WHAT CAN WE DO PLS ? SHE IS HERE WITH ME AND DEPRESSED.
[quote author=femoric9 post=32069663]

Thank You all, I just got my Sis from d airport, here is exactly what happened at d POE;

The first thing in my humble opinion will be getting the stories straight . In your initial post you first said she was 32 weeks and now we are reading about 25 weeks. Which is it? I really hope the 32 weeks you mentioned was a mistake because If she isn't 25 weeks but told them she was it's in the system. She can travel to anywhere and back that information will remain in the system and will have to be explained at POE because the dates don't add up...this is why they are always busy typing whatever we say into the system.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by OMary83: 4:34am On Mar 28, 2015
[quote author=debbyomi post=32068316]Dr Mbagwu's fees r 1,500usd and hospital bill for st Francis is 2,700usd including epidural and pediatrician.Los Angeles

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kizluv(f): 4:36am On Mar 28, 2015
@ Amother4life, she done spoil the whole thing, smh, even @ 32 weeks she can travel out of US and back @35weeks, it would just be too much stress.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kizluv(f): 4:41am On Mar 28, 2015
beepearl03:
@Kizluv pls I contacted dr Timothy of Mobap on phone but don't ve a mail correspondence with him,how do I go about this?Thanks
Mentioned it earlier, they don't send emails ,just phone calls and maybe fax. I didn't use their correspondence for visa (I had my visa already) for POE someone had to go to their office and got me a very short letter stating that I am transferring medical care to them. You may have to use a different doctor correspondence.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 28, 2015
sayoberry:
Phema... Where u dey? A beg I need you

Right here babes smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sayoberry(f): 6:50am On Mar 28, 2015
Phema:

Right here babes smiley

Pls can u tell me how you bough infant ticket for your baby? Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demiiii(f): 6:53am On Mar 28, 2015
I really appreciate ur response.

I need infor on this too!!

I have a sister who got a visa from the us embassy last year 2014 but was unable to travel for the reason stated -holiday . She wasn't married as at the time she got the visa, she got married dis year and now pregnant. Although, the pregnancy isn't visible yet.

My questions are
Should she write a letter of intent to the embassy stating a change in travel plans as she is yet to travel for holiday and now wants to have her baby in the Us.
Should she quickly go to the us for a week or too in oder to fulfil the actual reason the ticket was give. This is in order for her to have easy entry when she wants to go and deliver her baby later dis year.
Is it ok for her husband to go and apply for the visa now or wait till when she has travelled to deliver

Should her husband get an invitation letter from her mums brother to take to d embassy.
What should be written on the invitation letter- assistance of his wife with delivery or just holiday since telling together.

She doent have an email from the doctor where she wants to birth has he only attend to her when she gets dere.

Help guyz like u have always done.
boldbabe:

My husband was given his visa after two denials. He reapplied the third time when i was preggy and was already in the states and was given. He went with all my hospital correspondences, marriage certificate, change of name e.t.c and was just asked his reason for travelling and he mentioned, it was to assist his wife for childbirth. They asked him the name of his wife and he mentioned it, the VO requested for evidence that we are married becuase my passport was in my maiden name, he showed the marriage certificate and change of name, he was asked what he does for a living and he answered. His visa was approved.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 7:03am On Mar 28, 2015
Demiiii this is exactly my story. I. Got my visa while I was single for vacation purpose.
she doesn't need to travel to d US. She should write d letter of intent and send to them.

My hubby applied while I was still in naija and we travelled together and though my elder bro is in d US, we didn't use invitation letter from him. Her hubby should apply while she is here and his purpose should be to witness d birth of his child and assist his wife. D only document d VO asked my hubby was a copy of my visa page though he carried more than enough document including a well funded bank statement. 90% of d questions d VO asked him was work related.

But if ur sister av d money to spend by going for a weeks vacation, all well and good. In my case I didn't see d necessity of it

demiiii:
I really appreciate ur response.

I need infor on this too!!

I have a sister who got a visa from the us embassy last year 2014 but was unable to travel for the reason stated -holiday . She wasn't married as at the time she got the visa, she got married dis year and now pregnant. Although, the pregnancy isn't visible yet.

My questions are
Should she write a letter of intent to the embassy stating a change in travel plans as she is yet to travel for holiday and now wants to have her baby in the Us.
Should she quickly go to the us for a week or too in oder to fulfil the actual reason the ticket was give. This is in order for her to have easy entry when she wants to go and deliver her baby later dis year.
Is it ok for her husband to go and apply for the visa now or wait till when she has travelled to deliver

Should her husband get an invitation letter from her mums brother to take to d embassy.
What should be written on the invitation letter- assistance of his wife with delivery or just holiday since telling together.

She doent have an email from the doctor where she wants to birth has he only attend to her when she gets dere.

Help guyz like u have always done.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 28, 2015
sayoberry:

Pls can u tell me how you bough infant ticket for your baby? Thank you

About $328
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by drafrican: 11:15am On Mar 28, 2015
femoric9:
Please House, i have a Sister having a problem. She had a 2yrs visitor's visa with her husband that was got early 2014 and she is now 32weeks pregnant and decided to use d opportunity to give birth in d USA since they can both afford it. But unfortunately, i did not know what she said wrong, at d USA immigration today, her i-90 was cleared for just 2weeks with NO EXTENSION & NO ADJUSTMENT. She had already booked a return ticket for june with d hope that she will put to bed in d US in may. PLS, WMIS THERE ANY SOLUTION AND WHAT CAN U ADVISE ?
If she has a uk visa she shud leave d country after the 2 weeks for the uk and renter through another point of entry I think but wudda been good if she informed embassy before leaving naija.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by drafrican: 11:32am On Mar 28, 2015
justwise:

No visa wasn't granted to you based on that 250k because that is not even enough for flight ticket let alone hospital bills.

Firstly am guessing u work in a company they have heard of well ie shell,Mobil,akintola Williams

Secondly I am sure you or your husband have a travel history to other countries

Third you and your husband are not junior workers
Fourth if your hubby has ever applied before they have info on your earnings
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by drafrican: 11:46am On Mar 28, 2015
[quote author=Whites15 post=32071779]@femoric9

Wow the longest maternity leave I know is 3 months you can get up to 5 months but no pay with the extra 2 months.
Traveling at 25 weeks is suspicious u have over 15 weeks to go,minus a recovery time of 6 weeks that's over 5 months,makes it seem a lie.

Departure date don't correspond with gestational age.
Hmmmm well I think u have to travel out and then come back in again but the billion dollar question is should you come back to naija and present your documents at, or do a quick one .
I think you should return to the U.S. around 33/34 weeks.
You are better off coming back to naija and sorting out with the embassy.
A colleague of mine had a valid b1/b2 ,when she decided to have her baby she went there with her burden of proof and applied for the B2 she dint know about sending the embassy an email though.
May be a good option for you, it's unlikely they would refuse you since you used d visa.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 1:01pm On Mar 28, 2015
[/quote]

1. I thought i was the only one that read 32 weeks from her original post.
2. At the POE she said she was 25 weeks.
From her return date, 32 weeks makes perfect sense..
like PP's have said leave after two weeks and try using another POE.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mabels: 1:06pm On Mar 28, 2015
[quote author=drafrican post=32092098][/quote]

I heard Maternity leave in lagos state is 6months and normal fed govt mat leave is 16 wks with 6 months half day.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 1:20pm On Mar 28, 2015
pls ooo..help a mama in need.
i know this question has nothing to do with this thread( before someone eats me alive grin )
Does anyone know anyone that knows someone who has given birth in Canada?
I'm thinking of having #2 there if possible. #1 was born in the US and i can go back for this one, no issues.
i would really appreciate any info from you guy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 1:48pm On Mar 28, 2015
Beryl15 there is a thread for that on NL. Just use d search box and type Give birth in canada and u ll see it.

Beryl15:
pls ooo..help a mama in need.
i know this question has nothing to do with this thread( before someone eats me alive grin )
Does anyone know anyone that knows someone who has given birth in Canada?
I'm thinking of having #2 there if possible. #1 was born in the US and i can go back for this one, no issues.
i would really appreciate any info from you guy.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slimwendy85: 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2015
Hi, please for those whose husbands signed their consent forms at the embassy, did they print and fill it prior to going to the embassy.?or the forms were given to them at the embassy?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 3:47pm On Mar 28, 2015
Hello great people I'd NL.
Please anyone with information in budget accommodation around our close to doctors-hospital Dallas?.....
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by isysleek: 3:50pm On Mar 28, 2015
Thanks.

mom2015:

Nope, I flew us airways at 36 weeks from Houston to Raleigh, i had a stopover and I wasn't asked any questions. In fact the fact that I was pregnant was ignored sef.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamanjai: 4:24pm On Mar 28, 2015
My POE experience in the spirit of Giving back to the forum.

I flew United(Luftanza) from abj Tuesday, got to frankfurt and was told am meant to fly at 32weeks(I flew at 34weeks) I told them 8months is on their website. Thy argued amongst themselves and finally gave me my fit to fly and the priority treatment and check in. United and Luftanza Very good legroom space.

By the time I got to Newark, our flight was the only one tat landed and was the only black and visibly preggo. Was the last on the line with mum and son. Questions asked were not in same order as written.

CBP: what brings you here
me: to have my baby and vacation
CBP : asked for me to move to the side so he can see my tommy. Asked how many months I was. And then he sed am 8 months already and dt I wld hve my baby here
Me:sed yes, I already told yu i came to hve my baby here along side vacation
CBP: do yu know how much it cost to have a baby here. It's very expensive
Me: yes I do. Bt I got an affordable hospital dt is within my budget
CBP: You are here to use our money to pay for yur bills and so You might hve to go back home. My cousin paid ova 130k dollas on childbirth last month. It's expensive here and am not sure yu can afford tat.
Me: Is she under insurance? He sed yes, I said I am not under any insurance and so it's cheaper fr me cause I wld be paying cash. He keeps quiet.
CBP: how much do yu have on you
Me: $9600 and abt $2k in my credit/debit card.
Me: Your embassy had already warned me back home not to use any form of insurance. I notified them I was coming to have my baby here and I also have my hospital quotation. It's in Phoenix.
CBP: he asked to see the letter from the embassy and hospital quotation. Wen I have him read tru it and was shocked to see the amount stated, he sed it seems he wld go to Phoenix do his medicals there.
CBP: asked for me to place my finger fr scanning. Asked me how much I had on me again. He sed I suld make sure tats what's on me bcz the secondary inspection guys wld want to validate tat.

Secondary inspection.
CBP: your here to have your baby
Me: yes and he asked me to sit
Goes in and comes out wth his entourage, thy all came out abt 6 of them (2 women) and starts to question me. At the point I was answering questions Frm almost all of them.
CBP: why do yu want to hve yur baby here
Me: beta medical service
CBP: did you hve yur son here, I sed no, so why the change to hve this one here
Me: had complications during the Birth.And during my interview at the embassy the VO told me if I decide to change my mind abt having a baby on the US, I suld wrote to inform them which I did.(I jst got pregnant wen we went fr our interview and the VO asked if I was pregnant, I told her yes, she asked if I was going to have my baby in the US I sed no, jst going on vacation for now. Asked how many weeks I was and wen I was due)
CBP: to see my letter to the embassy and hospital quotation. The guy sed I stated I was going fr vacation and now am coming fr childbirth. He sed I lied to the VO Cz I didn't come in December again fr the vacation.
Me: told him tat I we Cldnt make it in December Cz of my husbands job and we tot to take advantage of the offer the VO gave us to hve a baby in the US.

Truth is tat I was wondering wat exactly is their issue with me? Tat am coming to use insurance or tat I didn't come fr vacation or its rung to come hve a baby here? And so I asked if this was rung( to come hve baby here) thy sed no it's not rung bt most pple come here and use their taxes to pay their bills. They sed am one out of plenty Nigerians tat would actually come and say I want to have a baby here and actually hold cash to pay.

One of the guys so annoying and kept looking for something to dig up sed, this maternity package is so cheap bcz she wld pay half ($5400) and our taxes would pay the rest,Cz he read it's discounted.

Me: well, am not having my baby in Newark. I have a connecting flight to Phoenix. Dts the cost the hospital gave me as their bill i don't think insurance is involved. Thy Neva mentioned any insurance involvement to me.

CBP: asked how much I had on me and I told him. Asked to bring it out. And he asked if its in 100's, I sed yes, he didn't count the money or collect it. He jst told them tat tat suld be up to the amount I stated.

I was asked to sit down. One of them Took our passports into an office and spent abt 10mins in front of the system.I cld see him flipping tru the pages and then he came out wth the passports and asked tat I keep all my receipts and payments. I was stamped for 6 months. ( I wasn't sure if I was stamped 6months with the 1st CBP guy or at the secondary inspection.

Spent abt 40mins.(inbtw my son kept slapping and kicking them,so had to carry attend to him n carry him).

Proceeded to agric cos I declared some foodstuffs. My bags where scanned but wasn't opened for checking.

I was told Newark wasn't so bad and I think thy were not. Thy didn't jst have work to do tat day Cz I was answering questions Frm abt 6 of them. I was the only passenger there tru the whole time. Above all, I thank God for Gods favour and intervention plus the confidence he gave me to answere all of their questions left right and center.
I want to thank everyone who has been a blessing to me on this forum. God bless

Sorry fr the long post

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Fizzywah(m): 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2015
TeesMom:
Hello House,

some research i found.

Northwest Medical Center Houston Texas:
VD 2days 2000
CS 3days 3500
Epi VD 650
Epi CS 750
Forgot to ask what the drs fee for giving epi is.

Dr glenn morgan
Fee 2000 inclusive of all tests
his receptionist said 200 for some drs fee (i don forget - my child was making plenty noise and i was tired of saying ehn)
for each thime u r induced 200.

Ok...Another silent follower on this thread (blah blah..not to bore y'all with details lipsrsealed)

My wife will be due in August. Would love Dr. Morgan's email addy. Can see his ratings online on healthgrades are superb.
If it'll be an issue for our moderator the only just and wise one then please send to fuby4all@gmail.com GRACIAS!!!

A big thank you to the phema's, sayoberrys, nefertitirams and co grin that have contributed and given advice where necessary. Oya I dey wait for the info.Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chykenny: 6:10pm On Mar 28, 2015
How long do you have to wait to reapply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:30pm On Mar 28, 2015
chykenny:
How long do you have to wait to reapply if you are denied for the third time

If you have been denied three time in three monthe then they have strong reasons for refusing you.
By re-applying so many times so quickly you have made yourself look desparate and this is a big red flag.
You need to look realisticly at the reasons given and put them right first.
Post the reason given and the code and someone may be able to advise.

You should not apply again yet, you will just be wasting money.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:51pm On Mar 28, 2015
mabels:

I heard Maternity leave in lagos state is 6months and normal fed govt mat leave is 16 wks with 6 months half day.

Just got my approval from office to take 6mths, instead of the regular 3 months. Ask and you shall receive.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 7:54pm On Mar 28, 2015
worry359:

If you have been denied three time in three monthe then they have strong reasons for refusing you.
By re-applying so many times so quickly you have made yourself look desparate and this is a big red flag.
You need to look realisticly at the reasons given and put them right first.
Post the reason given and the code and someone may be able to advise.
You should not apply again yet, you will just be wasting money.

Any valid reason why u Bold all ur posts

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:12pm On Mar 28, 2015
Shawbabe:

Hey babes! Where have you been? Lol, you never drop?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2015
Shawbabe:

So that people like you ask silly questions.
Are you going to add anything sensible to this topic or just question me?

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MamaTobenna: 8:37pm On Mar 28, 2015
Pls I need Tanko's contact. Help a sister biko
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 10:11pm On Mar 28, 2015
worry359:

So that people like you ask silly questions.
Are you going to add anything sensible to this topic or just question me?
haba shocked wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 28, 2015
slimwendy85:
Hi, please for those whose husbands signed their consent forms at the embassy, did they print and fill it prior to going to the embassy.?or the forms were given to them at the embassy?

He has to print and fill it. He should not date or sign it. This will be done at the embassy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.