Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (892400 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Valemodi(f): 5:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
For u all that want to b giving birth in America. U are preparing ur kids to declare their assets and pay tax wherever they are in the world. Thanks to Obama and his smart policy called FATCA. u will sign this form stating open declaration of ur earnings which is taxable whether or not u reside in the US (US Indicia) as long as u use their passport.If u dont believe then google the word FATCA Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MsZoey(f): 6:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hi Houston-bound Mamas and Veterans,
Thanks a lot for all the information shared so far. The popular Houston Hospitals already discussed on this thread don't favour me at all, based on the distance to where I'll be staying. Please, has anyone used/ does anyone plan to use any hospital in the Medical Center area, Eg:
-The Woman's Hospital of Texas
-St Joseph's Medical Center
-CHI St Luke's Health
-any other hospital
Please I'll appreciate any information on your experience, preferred Doctors, cost, etc to aid my research. Thanks a million!

Also the cost estimate I got from Houston Methodist Hospital (not the one in Sugarland) is way too high, or am I missing something?
Vaginal Delivery= $5748(hospital charge-$4068, epidural-$1500, pathologist for mother and baby-$180) + Obgyn Dr's fees(btw 2500-3500) + Pediatrician(btw 500-700). Total=$9948
C-Section=$9266(hospital charge-7586, epidural- 1500, pathologist mother and baby-180)+ Obgyn Dr's fees(btw2500-3500)+ Pediatrician(btw500-700). Total=$13406 shocked shocked shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 7:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
True talk. Have they started cos i remember reading this sometime ago

Valemodi:
For u all that want to b giving birth in America. U are preparing ur kids to declare their assets and pay tax wherever they are in the world. Thanks to Obama and his smart policy called FATCA. u will sign this form stating open declaration of ur earnings which is taxable whether or not u reside in the US (US Indicia) as long as u use their passport.If u dont believe then google the word FATCA Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oluwafunkenny: 8:31pm On Apr 04, 2015
FATCA - Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act is for US taxpayers and US residents.
The main purpose is for banks to identify US persons having offshore accounts or investments and render report on inflow and outflow so as to know how to tax them.

When our children start earning, they will pay tax afterall they will benefit and must have benefited from the dividend of tax.

Nita2013:
True talk. Have they started cos i remember reading this sometime ago

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
Nogen:

Why don't you make an alternative arrangement like going to Phoenix or Elpaso. Don't go there now and feel incapacitated and end up using medicaid. It's always better to have an idea of what your bills are before embarking on the journey. Some of these our families and friends in the States act somehow sometimes. After delivery, you can go to the person's house.
Nogen:

Why don't you make an alternative arrangement like going to Phoenix or Elpaso. Don't go there now and feel incapacitated and end up using medicaid. It's always better to have an idea of what your bills are before embarking on the journey. Some of these our families and friends in the States act somehow sometimes. After delivery, you can go to the person's house.
thanks pls how can I get an affordable doctor there?please can you help me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
The medical center area hospitals are pretty pricey, not sure why.
I was in the same boat as you and I ended up getting pretty high quotes from Memorial Herman ($7863 for CS, dr fees not included), Texas Children's Hospital (8990 for CS) and St Lukes (7840 for CS). I remember St. Joseph's being the cheapest (like 5k or so for CS), but I can't find where I wrote the quote.
My suggestion will be to consider hospitals in the Katy area, not as far from where you are as the likes of oakbend and co. The Katy hospitals are more affordable. You'll just need to have a car or someone to move you around.

MsZoey:
Hi Houston-bound Mamas and Veterans,
Thanks a lot for all the information shared so far. The popular Houston Hospitals already discussed on this thread don't favour me at all, based on the distance to where I'll be staying. Please, has anyone used/ does anyone plan to use any hospital in the Medical Center area, Eg:
-The Woman's Hospital of Texas
-St Joseph's Medical Center
-CHI St Luke's Health
-any other hospital
Please I'll appreciate any information on your experience, preferred Doctors, cost, etc to aid my research. Thanks a million!

Also the cost estimate I got from Houston Methodist Hospital (not the one in Sugarland) is way too high, or am I missing something?
Vaginal Delivery= $5748(hospital charge-$4068, epidural-$1500, pathologist for mother and baby-$180) + Obgyn Dr's fees(btw 2500-3500) + Pediatrician(btw 500-700). Total=$9948
C-Section=$9266(hospital charge-7586, epidural- 1500, pathologist mother and baby-180)+ Obgyn Dr's fees(btw2500-3500)+ Pediatrician(btw500-700). Total=$13406 shocked shocked shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 9:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
Olaideodes:
thanks pls how can I get an affordable doctor there?please can you help me.

Elpaso hospital is running an advert on Nairaland using their agent doctorparati. Check it up. Also try and use the search key on nairaland and find out more about the hospitals, bills, doctors in Elpaso and there's also Mhis in Phoenix. Lots of people here have used the hospitals. I hope they also respond to your questions as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
mom2015:
[/quote]
dere5 post=32340011:

Where you asked at the embassy when you applied for the visa if you were pregnant? If the answer is no,then you can send a mail to the embassy informing them of your change of intent,their email address is somewhere on this thread.
Concerning your search for a doctor,go to healthgrades.com and search for doctors in Charlotte and start emailing and calling them for quotes .
Delta Airlines is ok,but bear in mind that if its a delta direct flight,your poe is most likely to be Atlanta and not New York,your flight will end in jfk,but poe will likely be Atlanta
[quote author=mom2015 post=32345116]
Hello dear I did a Dropbox so there was no need for such questions.Please how do I go about it.please send me ur pm.
God bless you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
Valemodi:

And so? Is it your baby?

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by thababe: 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2015
Yep the US govt is signing FACTA agreements with most countries including Naija. So that US citizens here with accounts here will still pay tax...it's all good would still advise anyone I know to have their babies in the US if they can afford to. Happy Easter all.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
@mum2015 pls send me your email addy.thanks for the infor in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by feddy27: 10:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
nefertitiram:

And so? Is it your baby?

Nefertitiram, thanks jare for that answer! Some people and their unsolicited advice...mchewww

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mabels: 10:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
olokings:

Abuja is 170 n nobody's buying. ...
Too much dollar in circulation. ....BDCs are not even taking taking dollars of ur hands anymore. ..lol
Change have started already. ..hehehe

Pls where in abuja did u see it for 170. Pls I need urgently. The Mallam I contacted on Thursday said 180 bt didn't ve up to 10k dolls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 12:02am On Apr 05, 2015
Thanks
oluwafunkenny:
FATCA - Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act is for US taxpayers and US residents.
The main purpose is for banks to identify US persons having offshore accounts or investments and render report on inflow and outflow so as to know how to tax them.

When our children start earning, they will pay tax afterall they will benefit and must have benefited from the dividend of tax.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 12:08am On Apr 05, 2015
Nefertitiram dear I don't think there is anything wrong with what d Valemodi posted. Updating us as regards what d US govt is planning to do (or even started as I don't kno) is not bad. Many pple here may not kno about this. Thababe and Oluwafunkenny explained further.

I don't think she is trying to discourage birthing in d US but just informing us. Atleast that's d message I got from d post

nefertitiram:

And so? Is it your baby?

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Okeksmama: 4:25am On Apr 05, 2015
Please can anyone help with Tanko's number. The agent for Nigerian passport. Thanks a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:00am On Apr 05, 2015
Nita2013:
Nefertitiram dear I don't think there is anything wrong with what d Valemodi posted. Updating us as regards what d US govt is planning to do (or even started as I don't kno) is not bad. Many pple here may not kno about this. Thababe and Oluwafunkenny explained further.

I don't think she is trying to discourage birthing in d US but just informing us. Atleast that's d message I got from d post

Lolz, thanks dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:03am On Apr 05, 2015
Nita2013:

Lolz, thanks dear. It sounded like jeering, 'for all u that...' 'u are preparing...' then ending it with grin
The message would have been sent out nicer than that.
What happened to 'hey guys, have you heard about...

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by HotChoco2(f): 12:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
Valemodi:

FATCA is really nothing to be worried about. When our children begin to earn income and pay tax. It is their civic responsibility so they sure will when the time comes.

FATCA is really targeted at the rich that keep alot of their money offshore the US to avoid taxes.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 1:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
Olaideodes:

Hello dear I did a Dropbox so there was no need for such questions.Please how do I go about it.please send me ur pm.
God bless you

Have sent you a pm,pls reply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 2:07pm On Apr 05, 2015
I'
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 2:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
Olaideodes:

God bless you
Have sent you an email,check your mail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Fizzywah(m): 5:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
Hi guys,

Finally got an appointment for my wife at Houston with Dr. Glenn Morgan

Vaginal delivery: $2000 (An additional $200 for an assistant surgeon if needed mostly for C.S
Caesarean: $2600

The hospital is Houston North West Medical Center. They have a discounted maternity package that includes:

- most lab work needed and they'll accept some standard tests done down here
- Vaginal delivery for 2 day stay is $2000.
- Epidural is $650 extra if needed.
- $100 Circumcision if having a male child.

Paedetrician's fees are different but shouldn't be much. Yet to call for those prices. We now have a July appointment with the Doctor. A typed and scanned letter was sent with the doctor acknowledging acceptance and fees to be paid by first visit.

Someone asked here and these are the details.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SleekFullah(f): 5:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
Hello Naira Landers, happy easter and I hope we are all enjoying the long weekend. Please for those who have had their babies at Northside hospital Atlanta GA, what's the best option for accommodation? I am asking on behalf of a friend who is leaving immediately after the gubernatorial elections...she was supposed to stay with a relative but it seems some kind of behavioural bug don bite the relative grin so she is opting to stay on her own since she can afford it. Or stay with the relative for a week then move out and get a place. Please make una help oo!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by segbas(m): 5:26pm On Apr 05, 2015
@Fizzywah,
I have replied you sir.

@Fizzywah
Hello sir, I sent you a PM now, please reply.

[quote author=Fizzywah post=32379189]Hi guys,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Fizzywah(m): 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
segbas:
@Fizzywah
Hello sir, I sent you a PM now, please reply.

Hi, I have replied your PM.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Aires: 7:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
Hello, please I am new on this forum, I know this question may have been answered before, please who knows an affordable hospital in Cleveland, Ohio with a good OBGYN doc? Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by thababe: 8:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
SleekFullah:
Hello Naira Landers, happy easter and I hope we are all enjoying the long weekend. Please for those who have had their babies at Northside hospital Atlanta GA, what's the best option for accommodation? I am asking on behalf of a friend who is leaving immediately after the gubernatorial elections...she was supposed to stay with a relative but it seems some kind of behavioural bug don bite the relative grin so she is opting to stay on her own since she can afford it. Or stay with the relative for a week then move out and get a place. Please make una help oo!
google hotel accomodation near northside hospital or Peachtree Dunwoody Atlanta u will see quite a few options for long stay hotel . they have like two extended stays around there and other affordable long stay options.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by SleekFullah(f): 9:09pm On Apr 05, 2015
Thaababe thank you so much and God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Oluwatise2: 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
Okeksmama:
Please can anyone help with Tanko's number. The agent for Nigerian passport. Thanks a lot.
+16785215485

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Okeksmama: 12:10am On Apr 06, 2015
Oluwatise2:
+16785215485
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by abike02: 12:11am On Apr 06, 2015
@larondoo22 so sorry for not replying your mail. I guess I mistakenly deleted it. Pls dnt b angry with me. Will mail u soon. Tank u

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.