Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,772 members, 7,862,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:53 PM

Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? (68406 Views)

Ambode Awarded Best Performing Governor In Nigeria In New York / Umahi: I'm Not The Worst Performing Governor In Nigeria / The Best And The Worst Performing Governor In S/west (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by maum: 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
They are all useless governors(except rochas) to have their region suffering from erosion.

H
am glad Edo doesn't look like this.

You don't have to sell Rochas and APC to us, we see the works he does in Imo and we're talking like brothers here and not discussing parties.

You show me an erosion site in the east, clearly due to the topography our place naturally has, making it prone to that.
But you know what, we have managed it considerably well, giving the allocation and IGR we have.

I was in Benin for 4 years and go back once in a few years. If the capital is that way, then...
I'd hate to think what would happen if you happened to have half the topography of the east. Even with the allocation and oil money benefits you've been getting over the years

Do you know that it cost 3 to 4 times the price of money to construct a good road in the east in comparison to some other parts of the country? Yet, these eastern states are gradually beginning to boast of some of the best roads in this country. Even with the money that's not really much.

Please leave us to discuss our place, we wear the shoe and know where it pinches. We know what we accuse our governments of and we know most times, they try their best in tackling erosion.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by francizy(m): 6:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Peter Obi did well but Obiano is doing better.

Alright. I'll go with this one
Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by spy005: 6:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
T A ORJI OF ABIA STATE IS THE BEST EASTERN GOV..he transformed umuahia,aba,ukwa,igbere,ohafia,he did so much but his time is over and in just few weeks he will hand over to a better gov from APGA.....
Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
Sullivan Chime Comes First.. Obiano Second.. And Rochas Third.. Rochas Built Dis n Dat. Yes! That's Why Many Imo People Are Blind To See His Wrongs. My Mother n Father Have Not Been Paid Their Pension For 13Months. What Did He Do With Local Govt Allocations? How Many Local Governments Did Rochas Develop In Terms Of Infrastructure. Every Structure He Built Is In Owerri Town N Few In Orlu.. What Happened To Other Places? Elechi Comes Fourth And The Useless T.A Orji Who We Pelted With Pure Water Sachets On Our Bishop's Burial Day Comes Fifth

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by aresa: 6:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
SegunAdewole:

My dear yoruba brother, what is your point on this thread. Do you want them to start showing the whole world our dilapidating brown roofs in Osogbo and Oyo and mud huts in abeokuta. My hand no dey o.

When was the last time i stopped you people from posting brown, green, yellow or whatever color roof of anywhere?

You must be high on crack to think im not proud of my past and heritage . Please park inside sambisa with that nonsense. .
Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by Remarkable: 6:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
Remarkable:

Hmm... I didn't see this thread on time... but I am here to state why I think my governor, T.A. Orji... has done well for Abia state... I do not know if I will call him the best, because I have not visited often/well-enough a lot of places in the other Igbos states... but the efforts and achievements of my governor on housing, health care and his transformation and creation of a befitting capital town, Umuahia, is the reason(s) I believe he has done well.

There are a thousand and one things that can be thrown up that he did not do/accomplish... but I am here to focus on what he HAS done, and if people can say what he did is "nothing" ... na you sabi.

I is coming back.

-Remarkable

Housing estates built under the T.A. Orji Administration:

1. Amaokwe housing estate.
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/81390587

Ohobo Housing estate.
http://ng.geoview.info/ohobo_housing_estate_old_timber_shed_umuahia_abia_state,101421142p
Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by dpedro1: 6:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
[img][/img]
It is quiet obvious that the two political gladiators in Nigeria,GMB (General Muhammadu Buhari) and GEJ (Goodluck Ebele Jonathan) would be having their finally battle for true democracy on March 23rd 2015.
GEJ being the defending champion,has been preparing seriously for the clash against the former champion (in 1985),GMB. GMB has lost three consecutive finals after the title was taken from him by IBB. He lost to OBJ (2003),UMY (Umaru Musa Yar'Adua,late,2007) and GEJ (2011). GMB was inflicted with serious injury,as GEJ gave him a super finishing smackdown in the 2011 battle against GEJ, after which he cried and vowed never to contest for the championship again( the injury must have been so serious. Thank God for his life).
The injury that was inflicted on him by GEJ is still a major challenge on his health( as he just arrived from the UK hospital on friday,March 6th). Nevertheless, he is still pulling weight and is committed to winning this final battle (before he goes to meet his ancestors),so as to eradicate the shame of losing three straight matches. GMB is on the move to retaliate the 2011 defeat by GEJ.
On the other hand,GEJ is undergoing series of training (which he did on the streets of Abuja and the eagles square on Saturday morning,March 7th) such as jogging etc. In an interview,he stated that the battle against GMB would be tougher than that of 2011,giving the assurance that he will win the battle.
The question now is,who will emerge triumphant in this strong battle that is attracting the attention of the world? GEJ or GMB? GEJ won the first leg(home), can he win the away match? If you were to assign/choose between GMB and GEJ,who will you choose? The ball is on your court.
www.kelechiukpe.tk for more

Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 08, 2015
enzony:

From what you wrote it's clear that you hate Chime for reasons known to you. Chime may not have turned Enugu to an Eldorado but he's performed. In fact, he's the best performing governor in the whole of Nigeria, even much better than Fashola. I'm not from Enugu but I've visited many parts. Chime is a great achiever.
I don't hate Chime as a person, but saying that he is the best performing Governor is the most fallacious statement I have ever heard since birth! In what aspect please? Let's even assume that he did all the urban roads (which is not the case), what about rural roads? What about education? What about youth employment? What about industrialization? My dear, come to Enugu and you will see unemployment and have a handshake with 'him'.

Even the security they keep talking about, go to Abakpa, Gariki, Emene and then you will notice that the situation has only grown worse. Criminals chased out from Anambra by gov Obiano now have safe grounds for operation in Enugu. They now cooperate with the many unemployed youths in the state to carry out their operations.

Come to Enugu and you will see so many promising young men and women wasting away as a result of unemployment while a governor who can't think out the box is sitting in office. And some people are here trying to feed the outsiders with falsehoods about how good a governor the incompetent Sullivan is.

They can only deceive the gullible minds but not people like me

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
Noneroone:
if everybody is spreading hatred and animousity then u need to check what u call reality.

Nwafor orizu college of education was camatose? In your dream?There were even plans to make it a university of education b4 obi came and left not better than he met it.

Obi cleared pensions? You are not an articulate liar. Ngige already did that before obi came. The only one obi met was those of the staff of the state water coporation. They dragged him to national industrial court and won, he went to the court of appeal and refused to pay them till he left. Obiano has paid more than 60% of the outstanding salaries.

If u call hiace bus(which chime also gave to enugu schools) or handing school over to their original owners a project worth being remembered for, then i doubt what u call development.

Yes I repeat again, Nocen was comatose with no road even...Making it a university of education was one of the empty promises made by Dr Failure Mbadinuju...

Peter Obi built the road to the school, got the IT centre there; built about four different storey building and bungalow classroom blocks...hostels and toilet system (they used fly system; some schools call it shotput before Obi came), connected them to national grid...improved staff welfare...solved protracted leadership tussle there etc...

I came from a background of civil servants...I can count pensioners who are related to me bro...I am no politician bro...I don't dig lies plz...Obi turned around the system that when my mum retired her pension and gratuity was assured and waiting for her within weeks of completing her documentation...So if Ngige cleared debts; how come those of my family and compound people in awka weren't paid So how come Mbadinuju squabbles with Obi back then when Obi refused to pay his own pensions as former governor till he has cleared all arrears accumulated by Mbadinuju

If hiace bus is common and not a substantial achievement; how come I haven't seen them in public schools even in a state with big IGR as Lagos How come it hasn't been that way in anambra since its creation in 1991

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by Remarkable: 6:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
and you say "better" because? have you put side by side the "plans" Ikpeazu vs. Oti have for the state, especially Aba? just asking
spy005:
T A ORJI OF ABIA STATE IS THE BEST EASTERN GOV..he transformed umuahia,aba,ukwa,igbere,ohafia,he did so much but his time is over and in just few weeks he will hand over to a better gov from APGA.....
Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by pazienza(m): 6:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
successmatters:

Providing basic amenities to the commoners is not a miracle, but providing basic amenities to ALL the COMMONERS at the same time with N97b is a miracle. Even TB Josh cannot do that. grin

l heard that Sullivan also provided pipe borne water to Coal camp, uwani and Achara layout? So what are you saying again?

If the kitchen is too hot, then the right thing to do is leave the kitchen.

The work of a government involves finding means of generating revenue to meet up with basic function of providing basic amenities to the populace, any government that can't do this is not to be praised.

Pipe borne water running in Achara layout? Maybe in the past. Achara layout is full of wells now. Uwani and Coal camp, I am not sure, Enugu is full of tanker vehicles running around, don't think tanker drivers would still be in business, if. pipe borne water run in all those places.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 08, 2015
shininglite:
God will punish Gov T A orji of abia state

Tank u lord for Answering my prayers!

Amen to that even though he be my governor
Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:38pm On Mar 08, 2015
francizy:

Alright. I'll go with this one

Bro, sorry for stalking you again... but you seem too emotional... easily pushed around...Can't you ask simple questions before falling yakata

If Obi was governor for 8years and performed well...Can't you ask these propagandists here; what Obiano has done in barely one year to have outclassed Obi

let them list the projects for you...and me nah...

Mind you; I support Obiano and want him to succeed very well for my beloved state...but to say he's performed better than Obi in less than a year in office is propaganda and lies taken TOO FAR...

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 08, 2015
freshdude99:

I hate it wen someone will come online to spew rubbish about my people and my state. My dear she overstepped her boundaries and got me pissed. Maybe she had personal issues with obi's administration which is normal, but coming to spew d hate online, softy NO!
Sorry....cool temper....
Oya cum suck breas.t..

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by successmatters(m): 6:40pm On Mar 08, 2015
donpeey22:
I don't hate Chime as a person, but saying that he is the best performing Governor is the most fallacious statement I have ever heard since birth! In what aspect please? Let's even assume that he did all the urban roads (which is not the case), what about rural roads? What about education? What about youth employment? What about industrialization? My dear, come to Enugu and you will see unemployment and have a handshake with 'him'.

Even the security they keep talking about, go to Abakpa, Gariki, Emene and then you will notice that the situation has only grown worse. Criminals chased out from Anambra by gov Obiano now have safe grounds for operation in Enugu. They now cooperate with the many unemployed youths in the state to carry out their operations.

Come to Enugu and you will see so many promising young men and women wasting away as a result of unemployment while a governor who can't think out the box is sitting in office. And some people are here trying to feed the outsiders with falsehoods about how good a governor the incompetent Sullivan is.

They can only deceive the gullible minds but not people like me

I understand your problem now, you have no job and you think you can blame the state governors for everything? you fold your hands waiting for the governor to give you employment, stay there make hungry kill you.
Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by chinonso92: 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
I have Looked around and found out that Owelle Rochas is the best among the options given.
Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by successmatters(m): 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
pazienza:

If the kitchen is too hot, then the right thing to do is leave the kitchen.

The work of a government involves finding means of generating revenue to meet up with basic function of providing basic amenities to the populace, any government that can't do this is not to be praised.

Pipe borne water running in Achara layout? Maybe in the past. Achara layout is full of wells now. Uwani and Coal camp, I am not sure, Enugu is full of tanker vehicles running around, don't think tanker drivers would still be in business, if. pipe borne water run in all those places.

You are still expecting miracles? So as large as Enugu state is you want everyone to get everything at the same time? No wonder you keep falling for 419 governors like T orji. Call people and find out where pipe borne water is running. Enugu is generating revenue, check the most recent stats.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by successmatters(m): 6:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
chinonso92:
I have Looked around and found out that Owelle Rochas is the best among the options given.

He is the best in propaganda, my people my people smiley
Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
successmatters:

I understand your problem now, you have no job and you think you can blame the state governors for everything? you fold your hands waiting for the governor to give you employment, stay there make hungry kill you.
Bros, FYI, I may not have paid employment for now,'but I am not begging! I am doing very fine with my hustle and that is why I can afford airtime to log on to Nl.

And let me also inform you that I am expecting a juicy job which will click very soon. Gerrit?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by sirwilly1(m): 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
successmatters:

Made of block or concrete? Dude collected money for concrete buildings and after doing the one on wethereral road, changed his mind and used blocks, many many of those schools are uncompleted now, some communities have got none, he builds all his projects on the road, if your community is not on a major road, nothing for you. Rochas is playing for the gallery.
You're so on point. He just used that one at wetheral to show off. Another annoying thing is the unnecessarily big space he occupies at junction and call it roundabout. So many of them.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by slap1(m): 6:50pm On Mar 08, 2015
meforyou1:
U deserve a slap for turning a serious issue into a beer parlour joke
And you believe you've posted something serious?
Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 08, 2015
meforyou1:
This shameless after1 from edo state, get the hell out of this thread and go spread your lies elsewhere.
why are you always stalking me? tongue
Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by StevDesmond(m): 6:52pm On Mar 08, 2015
successmatters:

Chime built all roads inside Enugu, and Enugu is bigger than Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe combined, I heard he recently started work producing vehicles in ANAMMCO. He built several housing estates, he pays the workforce as at when due, schools are functioning properly and rural development is speeding up.
And he pays copas 10K. LOL
Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by successmatters(m): 6:53pm On Mar 08, 2015
donpeey22:
Bros, FYI, I may not have paid employment for now,'but I am not begging! I am doing very fine with my hustle and that is why I can afford airtime to log on to Nl.

And let me also inform you that I am expecting a juicy job which will click very soon. Gerrit?

Get busy, mix up and do your best, government has never solved every problem at once. What we are trying to do here is to pick best performing governors, not blaming them for problems belonging to the whole country. Unemployment is a national problem, Enugu is not less employed that other states, what about Imo state that has no companies at all except hotels? You will soon find a job like others, daalu.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by francizy(m): 6:54pm On Mar 08, 2015
sunsplash99:

Same way u resides in Lagos without knowing much of anambra state is d same way he resides in anambra without know much of other state. He can only tells u much abt anambra

I don't think she stays in Lagos from her statement. She only visits..
Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by francizy(m): 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Depending on what you can offer...BTW I don't reside in anambra though I am from anambra with full glapse of events therein 24/7...

Forget what Freeglobe and other propagandists are saying here...The last time I was home there wasn't much change except for construction and renovation on Upper iweka area...otherwise I didn't see much again...

Maybe so much MOU has been signed...but I pray those come to manifest so that it won't be paper project all over...I need anambra to develop more bro...

Heard about the Engineering companies springing up but am not fully convinced one can get a job there without experience..
Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by maum: 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2015
Tosinayoko:
the only sellable candidate in the east for president is OGBENI ROCHAS OLAWALE SADIQ OKWOROCHA, if u agree hit like if not quote me wrong with "strong reason". I know for some of us insult is an habit,pls w r one dont insult

I don't know what it'll take to get you lot realise we're not fighting for presidency. When was the last time you heard a thing like, "Igbos clamour it's their time to produce president"? NO. Total waste of time, energy and resources, I think.

You all who are so keen on presidency, keep fighting for it while we slowly, quietly and steadily develop our east

Please, eat presidency.

And another thing, stop trying to sell APC to us smartly, the people that'll vote APC have made up their minds and vice versa. We're not discussing parties here, Ndị Igbo are discussing their states and the performance of their governors.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by pazienza(m): 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2015
successmatters:

You are still expecting miracles? So as large as Enugu state is you want everyone to get everything at the same time? No wonder you keep falling for 419 governors like T orji. Call people and find out where pipe borne water is running. Enugu is generating revenue, check the most recent stats.

Nobody in Abia fell for T.A tricks, he like the rest of them is a product of the Nigerian system that thrives when people become too blind to reality and tolerate mediocrity.

Enugu generate revenue? apparently they don't generate enough to meet the basic needs of the 2/3 of the populace or they do but the revenue is not better managed, either way, I don't see any reason to praise any current eastern leader, non whatsoever, considering the extravagance they and their wards exhibit in the midst of squalor of the majority of the populace.
Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by meforyou1(m): 7:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
Stalk you? Or busted you. U that abandoned a 2 month old child under rain in Chatham house london to make rubbish video full of lies for your paymasters
1toRtoiSe1:
why are you always stalking me? tongue
Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by mex551(m): 7:07pm On Mar 08, 2015
egesie:
T.A Orji is the worst ever, Abia is the same as it was 10 years ago, see Umuahia and Aba, very dirty, apart from the cars he gave for youth empowerment which I think is ironic cos it's old men that drive it. The money he could hv used to better Abia has been invested heavily in propaganda and billboards.

Orji's pictures are just everywhere in Abia u'll think he's a fashion model not a governor, for a man who has stayed 8 years in office, he should be ashamed.
His achievements are inconsequential, Nothing an LGA chairman can't do.

I'm sorry to derail this thread but I'm begging Abians to vote for a governor who will give us a state to be proud of.

GBAM! Well said. We would vote out these lame duck and his stooge. Anyi achogi ndi ikpeazu. ABIA GA abu ndi mbu. APGA is the party. ALEX OTI Is the man
Re: Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? by aresa: 7:10pm On Mar 08, 2015
SegunAdewole:

Me am yoruba and walahi am not proud of those brown zincs and mud huts in Osun and oyo. Our towns are not museums. Let's build livable houses.

You are not the first ibo joker to parade around NL with Yoruba name so keep that rubbish to yourself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Sexy Nigerian Female Gallant Soldier (photo) / More Pictures Of Buhari At The Blair House In The US / Caption This Picture Of Buhari And Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.