Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,298 members, 7,954,186 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:51 PM

What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication (50195 Views)

Daily Spiritual Digest: The Forbidden Fruit / Fornication And Adultery Are Sweet But... / 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by olu006(m): 10:43am On Mar 11, 2015
It was plain disobedience and not sexual related. Reasons God told them to increase and multiply which is going to be through sexual intercourse.
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by Gold45(f): 10:43am On Mar 11, 2015
RikoduoSennin:

Jesus said at John 8:44, "You are of your Father the devil and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer in the beginning and has nothing to do with the truth....."
Are the Children of Isreal the Seeds of Satan the Devil LITERALLY just like you claim cain to be? John 8:33.

Are you a christian? You should know that the bible sometimes speaks in parables
Mark 4 vs 12: they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand

RikoduoSennin:

Twins were did you get that from?

Genesis 4:1 "Now Adam knew his wife and she conceived and bore CAIN...."

Genesis 4:2 " And AGAIN, she bore ABEL......"

Two different times, two babes conceived on different days.

Seriously?? shocked shocked shocked
so she gave birth to the children one day or one month apart? Have you ever seen a picture of cain and abel with Cain looking bigger than Abel?
Again, Mark 4 vs 12: they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand comes to mind

RikoduoSennin:

Enmity between : Woman and Serpent
Enmity between: The Woman's seed and The Serpents Seed.

If Eve bore both Cain and Abel are they not both her seeds? The Scriptures did not say Enmity between Adam and Satan's seed did it? Or are you insinuating that by yourself?

Note: That verse is a prophecy, if Cain is the seed of Satan and Abel is the seed of the Woman- then Abel should have killed Cain (bruise the head) and Cain bite Abels heels or Is GOD a LIAR?
cheesy grin cheesy grin
Even though Eve gave birth to Cain, he isn't her seed the same way the bible said in Gen 21 vs 12 For in Isaac shall thy seed be called, and so the Israelites say, the God of Abranham, Isaac and Jacob (no Ishmael)

Jesus was the promised seed of Adam who bruised the head of the serpent on the cross thats why he was referred to as the 2ND ADAM in 1Chorinthians 15 vs 21 - 25 and vs 45 verse 25 specifically says till all enemies are brought under his feet (this is bruising of the serpents head)

RikoduoSennin:

Revelation 12:9 " And the great dragon was cast out THAT OLD SERPENT called the devil and Satan...."

How do puppets talk? How do cartoons talk? Satan spoke through the Serpent just like a skilled ventriloquist. The serpent was not like a man with hands and legs? If it were, it would not have been alone- meaning others like it would have existed (its own kind). All existing serpent look alike generally yet only one kind was present when Eve was deceived (Did God punish others for a crime they did not commit). Do you think God passed judgment on that innocent serpent or was he referring to the real culprit Satan the Devil?

Gen 3vs 1 The serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the lord has made
The Bible says the serpent was the most “subtil” of all the beasts. He was so like a human, that he could walk, talk, and even have an intelligent conversation. After he beguiled Adam’s wife, God cursed him to be a snake, but not before the damage was done and the seed was planted.

The Bible says in Genesis 3:15 that the serpent had a seed, and God put enmity between the two seeds. Obviously, the serpent’s seed mingled with Eve’s natural seed before the separation. How could all that be a result of eating an apple? Then, a few verses later, “Adam called his wife’s name; Eve because she was the mother of all living.” Note that it does not say Adam was the father of all living.

There are different “fruits” in the Bible. Of course, there is the literal fruit, like an apple, that grows and is consumed for food. There is also the fruit that refers to our works, whether it is natural works such as farming and business, or spiritual works such as performing miracles and preaching the Gospel. Then, there is the fruit of the womb, which refers to conception and childbirth.

Would eating a literal fruit give Adam and Eve the understanding that they were naked? Or, would it take a physical relationship between a man and a woman for them to understand why they should cover certain parts of their bodies?

Before Adam ever had carnal knowledge of Eve, the serpent had that knowledge ahead of him. And that one born of it was Cain. Cain was of (born of, begotten of) that “Wicked One,” I John 3:12

Consider also:
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman , and between thy seed and her seed ; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. [The serpent had a seed. Obviously, this is not referring to a snake.]

Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
[Where is the first-born Cain in the lineage of Adam?]

2 Likes

Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by lordthree(m): 10:49am On Mar 11, 2015
[size=14pt]only god knows[/size]

Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 11, 2015
diluminati:
It was sex - no need for long talk!

but today is not sunday now...oh i forgot, nl is an atheist forum

lmao
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by Forwetinnah: 11:10am On Mar 11, 2015
klark3:

Sex of lower animals & humans are two different things.

Remember animals can have sex at will & it's not a sin, but humans are expected to wait for a particular time & it's d greatest sin. Remember d only reason jesus permitted divorce was on d ground of fornication. Sex is more than what we think it is, d moment a child start differentiating good frm bad, that child start thinking abt sex.

In my opinion, even though God gave d command for them to multiply, he gave an appointed time for d act, probably satan convinced eve before that time. d idea of d appointed time was to ensure only married couples were knowledgeable abt sex, while d unmarried go abt naked.

They never knew abt sex until devil lured eve into it, why didn't they give birth in d garden of eden, but it was after they left.

Ask a good bible scholar. .sex wasn't the reason they were asked to leave!! Saying they were supposed to wait for a certain time when they were both naked and exploring doesn't make SENSE! It was after they ate the fruit they knew they were naked. Meaning?? The realisation wasn't there till much later. Same can be said for our present day situations..we have no idea of what goes on around us till we discover for ourselves or some tells us about it. I don't need sex to open my eyes to the evil around me. No! That's why we have the saying "knowledge/ wisdom is power". The Bible also states that Wisdom is profitable to DIRECT, that's where innovation/invention comes from. Obviously they needed no direction, and can't be told what to do anymore, so they had to leave and they survived with wisdom/knowledge(not with sex). Maybe, just maybe they would have had access to eat from those trees much later but did it before they were asked to (like you said)
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by Kingsasian(m): 11:40am On Mar 11, 2015
twosquare:
God saw a strange stature(tree) in the garden, planted beside His. He knew the enemy did this like Jesus' parable of the tares and wheat. And God warned Adam before hand but the promises of that tree was too tempting for Adam to yield to the tree of Life. Adam shied away from God's tree. So, it wasn't God. There were two trees in Eden: both were planted by two different beings of higher class.

Pertaining to the children of israel, God spake to them in parables since they run away from the mount. They were given a law but God spake to peter later that what God has made clean, don't call unclean. And jesus in His time don't keep those laws because the law is not made for a righteous man. Paul said God created all things and we should partake of it with thanksgiving. Do you want a better understanding of how it is a parable. Go and read the EPISTLE OF BARNABAS(not gospel of ooo). Search for it online and download to read. You can read what Barnabas(paul's contemporary) said about this issue.
"God saw a strange stature (tree)" lol. So God was not able to differentiate a tree from a being, abi? Abeg which version of bible u dey use?
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by elderhimself(m): 11:44am On Mar 11, 2015
I have also thought of this issue bt to me, I don't think its a fruit (the apple) but an act... Not necessarily sex but something that was "kind of" censored.
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by rill: 11:47am On Mar 11, 2015
To me I believe s3x came into play after the fruit was eaten. The bible didnt record adam knowing his wife (s3xual intercourse), even after God had commanded them to be fruitful and multiply, not until after the whole fruit eating saga. so yes, there actually existed a tree and such fruit in the garden.

I want to believe God had a different plan for procreation and multiplication, it sure wasn't s3x, probably through the same way Mary got pregnant of Jesus. when God put the pen.is and VJ there, he may not be thinking s3x, there are other things we use the organ for, like urination and child delivery ( another reason why God made made labour painful). The fruit ruined the whole plan, and God had to settle for s3x as an alternative means. Another reason why God restricted s3x solely for married couples.

Some people have said the serpent had s3x with eve (lol women been cheating since time immemorial). well its possible, note that the bible might intentional skip that info. People have believed Cain to be the product of the act, Cain had the character of the devil in him.

My conclusion is, the fruit served as an eye opener that brought the act of sex into the world. But of course I might be all wrong, so u have every right not to believe all I've written down. me sef wey type am still get doubts....
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by twosquare(m): 11:56am On Mar 11, 2015
Kingsasian:
"God saw a strange stature (tree)" lol. So God was not able to differentiate a tree from a being, abi? Abeg which version of bible u dey use?
understand and be calm or you won't get what am saying or about to say. When you talk of differentiation of a being and a tree, you should know that both are connected and same thing. In a way(wisdom) God planted Himself in Eden. That Tree of Life is God-Christ(why?) Coz He enshroud Himself and what made Him up into a tree. He poured it in and planted it in Eden. So, what Jesus became later , Adam was the one supposed to become it. That tree of Life is God's stature, the more Adam eats it, the more he changes into the true Image of God.

So, when you embrace one of the trees, you're actually embracing a knowledge, a civilization and a being. All are one. I speak to you in parables and mysteries. So, embracing the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil is embracing satan's way of governance, civilization, image and satan himself. That's why Adam fell when he chose that tree.

You should know that both tree offers the same promises, but one was actually lying. "Being like God" "you will not die" etc. But Adam chose the shortcut coz the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil offer promises and looks more glorious but the Tree of Life doesn't vouch for itself.
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by Nicklaus(m): 12:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
victorazy:

Maybe u didn't read my previous post sir.
There is something you guys don't understand about God (he doesn't think like man do). YES He gave them a reproductive organs for multiplication, ask ursef why didn't God proclaim them husband and wife and they should go into the world and multiply immediately after He presented Eve to Adam? God was still in love with them, they were like children. Is it advisable for a teen to start having sex? Why do parents caution their kids of early sex? Is just the same way! They had sex in the wrong time and that's why Cain came up. They were Holy, clean in God's sight which makes God to freely walk. into them "heart" but God will not want to remain in man forever, He don't want to feed man forever. So He created to things "Life and Death" and tried man to chose so that His concience will be free for man's down fall. We're living life of God's plan B not plan A.
hahaha cheesy this man keeps getting funnier by the hour firstly ur quote didn't align with mine. there is sth we don't understand about God which you do understand why coz you are the 4th in trinity God doesn't have to proclaim them husband n wife for the same reason he didn't send them to hell for their disobedience "HIS first CREATIONs".
Or did HE finally proclaim it ? HE only cursed them to fend for themselves and be fruitful. You don't seem to know about proxy marriage. when husband n wife are declared legal, isn't God the recipient of the proclamation. Ask urself whom the recipient ll be if God was to proclaim Adam n Eve.
As for cain, I want u to know that Adam n Eve were created naturally with good n bad qualities in'em, it's the knowledge of it God took from them which was in that fruit. So when Even gave birth to cain it was naturally passed on to him.
Before you start thinking how God would create sth bad in'em just remember the devil was once God's right hand Angel created by God himself, so that's a mystery.
Lastly you mentioned God not wanting to feed man forever. That was judgmental{+} Lord have mercy! judging a fellow human needs a lot of contrition but making a wrong assertion about God is blasphemy. You need a total redemption.
If not for their disobedience the world would have been a different place from what it is now, no doubt.
But instead you have just confined God's motives n reasons in ur shallow, absurd and pagan way of thinking, only those like you ll believe that and thankfully,,,, they are very few.
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by olamyde85: 12:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
It's was sex forget it the rest though it's will of God
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by Kingsasian(m): 12:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
twosquare:
understand and be calm or you won't get what am saying or about to say. When you talk of differentiation of a being and a tree, you should know that both are connected and same thing. In a way(wisdom) God planted Himself in Eden. That Tree of Life is God-Christ(why?) Coz He enshroud Himself and what made Him up into a tree. He poured it in and planted it in Eden. So, what Jesus became later , Adam was the one supposed to become it. That tree of Life is God's stature, the more Adam eats it, the more he changes into the true Image of God.

So, when you embrace one of the trees, you're actually embracing a knowledge, a civilization and a being. All are one. I speak to you in parables and mysteries. So, embracing the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil is embracing satan's way of governance, civilization, image and satan himself. That's why Adam fell when he chose that tree.

You should know that both tree offers the same promises, but one was actually lying. "Being like God" "you will not die" etc. But Adam chose the shortcut coz the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil offer promises and looks more glorious but the Tree of Life doesn't vouch for itself.
this is clearly understood but I still need to ask God and adam weneva I get to heaven.

1 Like

Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by twosquare(m): 12:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
Kingsasian:
this is clearly understood but I still need to ask God and adam weneva I get to heaven.
what do you want to ask them? That apart, Kingsasian you should know we are facing the same temptation Adam faced today(though in a different way). Two trees are being placed before us in our lifetime too. The one we choose will determine what we shall become.
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by Kingsasian(m): 12:32pm On Mar 11, 2015
twosquare:
whay do you want to ask them? That apart, Kingsasian you should know we are facing the same temptation Adam faced today(though in a different way). Two trees are being placed before us in our lifetime too. The one we choose will determine what we shall become.
yea, u are right on this but wait, if eating the forbidden fruit means Eve had sex with the devil will u also say that eating from the tree of life is having sex with Christ?
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by Wizzz: 12:33pm On Mar 11, 2015
Gynacologist:
wat abt nw?
lipsrsealed smiley
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by Oiselenjakhian(m): 12:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hello I am a web developer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]afrogearclothing.com[/url] is a website that I designed for a client. Please visit it and subscribe by email to receive updates when we launch.
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by agoadiv(m): 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
Bro u are a genius...I wish u commented earlier
victorazy:

"grin just like canal man sha!
U must be in spirit or highly intelligent before u understand how mysterous God works.

The sex is not tree.
"The tree is in the middle of d garden" the tree is the Vagina. Where is the vagina located, middle of a woman. It bear fruits "kids" of good and evil "cain and abel"
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by twosquare(m): 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2015
Kingsasian:
yea, u are right on this but wait, if eating the forbidden fruit means Eve had sex with the devil will u also say that eating from the tree of life is having sex with Christ?
it is not sex as some opined. Like I said once, let's free our mind from the way we see things these present times coz most of what we see are illusions(they are the creation of a spirit who hates God.) Journey back to the Beginning, coz that's where the truth lies.

This is what I want you to know: Kingsasian, I can't be the first man and be stupid. I can't be in charge of the whole earth and be stupid. I can't be the highest Son of Man and be an I.diot , neither can you be the lowest Son of God and be a fool. What am I driving at? Adam was full of wisdom and knowledge and knew all things pertaining to earth and some things concerning heavens. How old is many of us? Not even 200yrs and yet some knew abt sex and knowlege of it in their teens. Adam knew about the functions of their bodies and every part and have knowledge about these things more than any man(except Christ); even things we are yet to know, Adam knew it.

There are things Adam knew, that angels don't know. There are things they both know and there are things angels knew, that Adam don't know. Now, am trying to make you see a picture. A man who is almost a spirit like the angels, you think na sex go make him twitch? It is like tempting a grown up man with an eleganza biro...u only use that for children. What can tempt a man of his pedigree(status) are glories, thrones, likeness which births inheritance.

Both do not have use for their physical bodies. They know about sex immediately they were created. We are learning about it because we fell and thereby lost the First Knowledge. Adam was created like the angels, he wasn't born like us. We need to learn about earth, but he doesn't because the knowledge was with him on the day God created him. God gave the angels and Man their knowledge when He made them. That's their inheritance. You may ask: WHY DON'T THEY DO IT IN EDEN when they had the chance(I mean sex). Because EDEN itself is a terrain, a place of PLEASURE. That's the meaning of EDEN. You don't need physical copulation to experience pleasure in Eden coz it isn't an ordinary place. That of the pleasure of vagina and p.enis is too inferior to what Eden offers. Ask Adam, he will tell you the same thing. If pple in this pervert age can do without sex and doesn't feel like(not because of religious thing or any fear). They don't just feel like. How much more a Son of God in his 'perfect' state.?
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by agoadiv(m): 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
Wow... Can't bliv reasonable guys had to comment leta on ma thread...be why didn't u comment earlier nauuuu..ur so good on this piece
victorazy:

U need spiritual eye!
The garden of Eden is "human" human's heart, the endowemnet on man, the relationship between man and God, the communication existed between them.
The tree in the middle of Eden is the "sex organ" eat other trees in the garden but this tree of knowledge u should not touch or u die.
Death there is not physical death but Spiritual death but Devil made it looks like our Physical death.
This is discommunication between God and man.

Eden is ur heart "ur spirit" cuz that's only what communicate with God.
The tree is "organ" among other organs.

Ask ursef one question: why the animals still here with man, why they are not in the Eden? grin
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by agoadiv(m): 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
Anoda wise brother.... I bliv u are a wse fellow even with ur examples..kudos bro
klark3:

Sex of lower animals & humans are two different things.

Remember animals can have sex at will & it's not a sin, but humans are expected to wait for a particular time & it's d greatest sin. Remember d only reason jesus permitted divorce was on d ground of fornication. Sex is more than what we think it is, d moment a child start differentiating good frm bad, that child start thinking abt sex.

In my opinion, even though God gave d command for them to multiply, he gave an appointed time for d act, probably satan convinced eve before that time. d idea of d appointed time was to ensure only married couples were knowledgeable abt sex, while d unmarried go abt naked.

They never knew abt sex until devil lured eve into it, why didn't they give birth in d garden of eden, but it was after they left.
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by Kingsasian(m): 1:33pm On Mar 11, 2015
twosquare:
it is not sex as some opined. Like I said once, let's free our mind from the way we see things these present times coz most of what we see are illusions(they are the creation of a spirit who hates God.) Journey back to the Beginning, coz that's where the truth lies.

This is what I want you to know: Kingsasian, I can't be the first man and be stupid. I can't be in charge of the whole earth and be stupid. I can't be the highest Son of Man and be an I.diot , neither can you be the lowest Son of God and be a fool. What am I driving at? Adam was full of wisdom and knowledge and knew all things pertaining to earth and some things concerning heavens. How old is many of us? Not even 200yrs and yet some knew abt sex and knowlege of it in their teens. Adam knew about the functions of their bodies and every part and have knowledge about these things more than any man(except Christ); even things we are yet to know, Adam knew it.

There are things Adam knew, that angels don't know. There are things they both know and there are things angels knew, that Adam don't know. Now, am trying to make you see a picture. A man who is almost a spirit like the angels, you think na sex go make him twitch? It is like tempting a grown up man with an eleganza biro...u only use that for children. What can tempt a man of his pedigree(status) are glories, thrones, likeness which births inheritance.

Both do not have use for their physical bodies. They know about sex immediately they were created. We are learning about it because we fell and thereby lost the First Knowledge. Adam was created like the angels, he wasn't born like us. We need to learn about earth, but he doesn't because the knowledge was with him on the day God created him. God gave the angels and Man their knowledge when He made them. That's their inheritance. You may ask: WHY DON'T THEY DO IT IN EDEN when they had the chance(I mean sex). Because EDEN itself is a terrain, a place of PLEASURE. That's the meaning of EDEN. You don't need physical copulation to experience pleasure in Eden coz it isn't an ordinary place. That of the pleasure of vagina and p.enis is too inferior to what Eden offers. Ask Adam, he will tell you the same thing. If pple in this pervert age can do without sex and doesn't feel like(not because of religious thing or any fear). They don't just feel like. How much more a Son of God in his 'perfect' state.?
You've made another point.

1 Like

Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
agoadiv:
This particular topic has raised a lot of deliberation and argument in the society, i always want to ask this in church but de fear dat ma parent will hear n begin to think m really that bad.

Some say the fruit was a real natural fruit but others say it was fornication

To me when i want to defend the fact that it was a natural fruit i just ask the people arguing what God commanded man to do after creating the woman..."GO 'MULTIPLY',FILL THE EARTH "

I'll just ask them how they expected man to multiply if sex wasn't involved and this command came before the sin they committed...but i get really confused, could it be or could it not be?

Please whats your opinion

There are those who say it is sex, not fornication. But your reasons are correct. It is just a literal fruit.
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by folaski: 3:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
Moving from known to the unknown,:-The forbidden fruit leads to the knowledge of good and evil. The word knowledge should be noted. For it to be offered by the devil, and its name not being expressly stated in the bible shows that it is a secrete that must be guarded so that man's sanctity will be preserved before God.

therefore the "forbidden fruit" is a quest for hidden knowledge. That simply refers to esotericism . That is prying into the spirit world by demonic means. any knowledge so acquired usually bring about some realisations (eyes opened) to how you can communicate, manipulate and dominate fellow human being especially without their consent and by so doing making yourself to become their god. That is what Satan wanted to do to God.This is anti God. God wants humans to dominate nature not fellow human.

So the devil presented as snake gave them this esoteric lesson on spiritual realisation so that they (adam & eve) will join him to challenge God.
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
Good and evil. They wanted to know why God made di*k and Virginia but didn't allow them use it, they wanted to know everything, no wonder i too know dey porge belle
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by MrPresident1: 4:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
The forbidden fruit was idolatry.

They indulged in the idolatrous practices of their neighbours, trees here meaning men. They even surpassed their neighbours in wickedness. They got corrupted so God pursued them from the Garden and also 'killed' their spirits. They lost all the privileges and enjoyments of Eden and have had to work and toil since then.

Till today, Adam and Eve have not learned their lessons, they never repented, a stubborn stiff-necked and reprobate people.

The seed (of the evil fruit) still bears fruit till today.

The Negroes.
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrPresident1:
The forbidden fruit was idolatry.

They indulged in the idolatrous practices of their neighbours, trees here meaning men. They even surpassed their neighbours in wickedness. They got corrupted so God pursued them from the Garden and also 'killed' their spirits. They lost all the privileges and enjoyments of Eden and have had to work and toil since then.

Till today, Adam and Eve have not learned their lessons, they never repented, a stubborn stiff-necked and reprobate people.

The seed (of the evil fruit) still bears fruit till today.

The Negroes.
a carnal man can never know the things of the spirit,

1 Like

Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by Codyt(m): 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
All I can say is God will forgive our thoughts and theories. It's even a sin being theoretical with things which we are unsure of. Not like we were present in the Bible times when it took place. Let's be mindful with our utterances when it comes to issues like this. I.e religion! Dassal grin
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by RikoduoSennin(m): 12:35pm On Mar 12, 2015
Gold45:

Are you a christian? You should know that the bible sometimes speaks in parables

So you are saying that When Jesus called the Isrealite Children of Devil he means a Parable (figurative) While when John called Cain the seed of devil it means another thing (literal meaning)?

You are not Honest at all!

Gold45:

Seriously?? shocked shocked shocked
so she gave birth to the children one day or one month apart? Have you ever seen a picture of cain and abel with Cain looking bigger than Abel?

Genesis 4:2 Abel was conceived seperately and born seperately. If they were TWIN the scripture would have said so- See Esau and Jacob, Judah's twins etc.

Picture from where, who drew it- some from the beginning
? Or someone with wasp mentality!

Gold45:

cheesy grin cheesy grin
Even though Eve gave birth to Cain, he isn't her seed the same way the bible said in Gen 21 vs 12 For in Isaac shall thy seed be called, and so the Israelites say, the God of Abranham, Isaac and Jacob (not Ishmael)

Read Genesis 3:15 again. Abraham was promised a seed from Sarah not from any other woman, Eve's case was different. That verse speaks of Enmity between Eve's seed (Not Adam's) and the Seed of the Serpent.

Gold45:

Jesus was the promised seed of Adam who bruised the head of the serpent on the cross thats why he was referred to as the 2ND ADAM in 1Chorinthians 15 vs 21 - 25 and vs 45 verse 25 specifically says till all enemies are brought under his feet (this is bruising of the serpents head)

Even though your explanation is wrong, at least you understand that the seed of the woman @ Genesis 3:15 was SYMBOLIC NOT LITERAL why would the seed of the serpent be LITERAL THEN?

Gold45:

Gen 3vs 1 The serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the lord has made
The Bible says the serpent was the most “subtil” of all the beasts. He was so like a human, that he could walk, talk, and even have an intelligent conversation. After he beguiled Adam’s wife, God cursed him to be a snake, but not before the damage was done and the seed was planted.

Let us be specific, Who had sex with Eve:
A) A serpent (ordinary creation of God)
B) Satan who turn himself to Serpent form
C) A serpent possessed by the spirit of Satan
D) None of the Above

Gold45:

The Bible says in Genesis 3:15 that the serpent had a seed, and God put enmity between the two seeds. Obviously, the serpent’s seed mingled with Eve’s natural seed before the separation. How could all that be a result of eating an apple? Then, a few verses later, “Adam called his wife’s name; Eve because she was the mother of all living.” Note that it does not say Adam was the father of all living.

Bible did not say "an Apple fruit"- See false reasoning can do to people. Well, the Scripture said in Adam all are dying- it did not say in Eve or Satan all are dying did it. It was because Adam was not deceived that is why sin came through Adam to all Mankind.

Gold45:

There are different “fruits” in the Bible. Of course, there is the literal fruit, like an apple, that grows and is consumed for food. There is also the fruit that refers to our works, whether it is natural works such as farming and business, or spiritual works such as performing miracles and preaching the Gospel. Then, there is the fruit of the womb, which refers to conception and childbirth.

Would eating a literal fruit give Adam and Eve the understanding that they were naked? Or, would it take a physical relationship between a man and a woman for them to understand why they should cover certain parts of their bodies?

The contexts of the scriptures makes us understand that it was a LITERAL FRUIT- a garden was planted was it not? Trees were grown from the ground and Adam was asked to cultivate it was it not? The rivers watering the garden existed literally. So everything was literal.

Note Adam and Eve became Aware that they were naked AFTER they ate of the fruit NOT BEFORE they ate of the fruit. So how can they have sex when they thought that they were not naked?

Gold45:

Before Adam ever had carnal knowledge of Eve, the serpent had that knowledge ahead of him. And that one born of it was Cain. Cain was of (born of, begotten of) that “Wicked One,” I John 3:12

John 8:44- The Isrealite were also called Children of Satan too. Were they descendants of Cain?

See What Eve said in Genesis 4:1 "I have gotten a man with the HELP of the LORD". Is the LORD here Satan/the wicked one?

Gold45:

Consider also:
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman , and between thy seed and her seed ; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. [The serpent had a seed. Obviously, this is not referring to a snake.]

Note the bold section: Seed of the Woman not Seed of Adam. If Seed is fruit of the womb, Every children from Eve are also the seed. Eve gave birth to more than three children
. The identity of those SEED will tell you what the Bible really mean!

Gold45:

Luke 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
[Where is the first-born Cain in the lineage of Adam?]

Do you know that was the Lineage of Jesus not the Generation of cain. A lot of persons in that Family tree was not mentioned too.

[/quote]

PLEASE STOP SPREADING LIES!!!
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by MrPresident1: 1:28pm On Mar 12, 2015
shivaclub:
a carnal man can never know the things of the spirit,

You cannot decipher what I have written because your mind is weak. And also because it is not given for you to know presently.
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by Gold45(f): 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2015
RikoduoSennin:

So you are saying that When Jesus called the Isrealite Children of Devil he means a Parable (figurative) While when John called Cain the seed of devil it means another thing (literal meaning)?

I argued this far with you because I believe it will profit a seed of God somewhere somehow not really for your own benefit. Please believe what you may.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by RikoduoSennin(m): 8:34am On Mar 13, 2015
Gold45:

I argued this far with you because I believe it will profit a seed of God somewhere somehow not really for your own benefit. Please believe what you may.

Profit a seed of God?

Yes, you may believe what you want: But please don't post your None- christian believes here. This kind of blasphemy you posted here requires immediate Judgement from God himself. Read the Bible not those occultic books written by some supposed "men of God".

Genesis 2:8-14 " And the Lord God planted a GARDEN eastward in Eden: and there he put the man he had formed, and out of the ground made the Lord God to grow EVERY TREE THAT IS PLEASANT to the sight, and GOOD FOR FOOD; the tree of Life also in the midst of the garden and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. A river went out of Eden to water the garden and from thence it was parted and became into four heads. The name of the first is PISON, that is it compasseth the WHOLE LAND OF HAVILAH, where there is Gold; and the GOLD of that LAND is good, there is bdellium and the onyx stone. And the name of the Second river is Gihon- the same is it that compasseth the whole LAND OF ETHIOPA. And the name of the third river is Hiddekel that is it which goeth towards the EAST OF ASSYRIA and the Fourth river is EUPHRATES (River of Babylon). AND THE LORD GOD TOOK THE MAN AND PUT HIM INTO THE GARDEN OF EDEN TO DRESS IT AND KEEP IT (Beginning of Agriculture).

Moses who wrote the book of Genesis describe the Geographical Location of Eden using Names of Rivers, Names of Lands does rivers are found during his lifetime and Precious Natural Minerals that can be found on those Lands (Surely Adam did not Mine for Gold during his short stay in Eden). Such details won't be there if Eden was not a Literal place.

Eden was a Garden because God placed man there to CULTIVATE IT. It it wasn't a real Garden- where did Adam and Eve get leaves to Hide themselves with? Moreover God said he made EVERY TREE GOOD FOR FOOD. MAN( ADAM and EVE) is seperate from the Trees because the Garden with its Trees was prepared before ADAM WAS 'PUT' IN THE GARDEN.

After Eating the Fruit- Both adam and Eve became LIKE GOD in a CERTAIN WAY - Genesis 3:22 so if the forbidden fruit is Sex then God is a Sexual being too! Which is not the case, that is why I sound very angry at anyone who claim to be a christian and still believe Sex is the Forbidden fruit.
Re: What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication by silverr(f): 11:23am On Mar 13, 2015
RikoduoSennin:

Genesis 4:2 Abel was conceived seperately and born seperately. If they were TWIN the scripture would have said so- See Esau and Jacob, Judah's twins etc.

Picture from where, who drew it- some from the beginning
? Or someone with wasp mentality!

Read Genesis 3:15 again. Abraham was promised a seed from Sarah not from any other woman, Eve's case was different. That verse speaks of Enmity between Eve's seed (Not Adam's) and the Seed of the Serpent.

Even though your explanation is wrong, at least you understand that the seed of the woman @ Genesis 3:15 was SYMBOLIC NOT LITERAL why would the seed of the serpent be LITERAL THEN?

Let us be specific, Who had sex with Eve:
A) A serpent (ordinary creation of God)
B) Satan who turn himself to Serpent form
C) A serpent possessed by the spirit of Satan
D) None of the Above

Bible did not say "an Apple fruit"- See false reasoning can do to people. Well, the Scripture said in Adam all are dying- it did not say in Eve or Satan all are dying did it. It was because Adam was not deceived that is why sin came through Adam to all Mankind.

The contexts of the scriptures makes us understand that it was a LITERAL FRUIT- a garden was planted was it not? Trees were grown from the ground and Adam was asked to cultivate it was it not? The rivers watering the garden existed literally. So everything was literal.

Note Adam and Eve became Aware that they were naked AFTER they ate of the fruit NOT BEFORE they ate of the fruit. So how can they have sex when they thought that they were not naked?

John 8:44- The Isrealite were also called Children of Satan too. Were they descendants of Cain?

See What Eve said in Genesis 4:1 "I have gotten a man with the HELP of the LORD". Is the LORD here Satan/the wicked one?

Note the bold section: Seed of the Woman not Seed of Adam. If Seed is fruit of the womb, Every children from Eve are also the seed. Eve gave birth to more than three children
. The identity of those SEED will tell you what the Bible really mean!

Do you know that was the Lineage of Jesus not the Generation of cain. A lot of persons in that Family tree was not mentioned too.

PLEASE STOP SPREADING LIES!!!

MEHN!!! YOU'VE MISSED IT BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just dont know how to argue if only you can come to my church ehn, you'll see enough people to flex arguments with grin

That's all I will say but....... If you want my church's address, send a Pm. Im really vry busy and cant be checking mentions every week..
By nex 2 weeks, i'll take of my email so make good use of the opportunity.....................................while it lasts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Faith Oyedepo's 60th Birthday: Adeboye, Enenche, Ibiyeomie Others Attend / Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage / Our Church Boys Are Not Bold Enough To Approach Us & We Are Getting Old (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.