Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? (15455 Views)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / My Wife Is Pushing Me To Do Things I Don't Like Please Advice Your Friend / Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Scorpio(f): 2:12am On Oct 19, 2005
My mom''Choose your friends wisely, a smile goes a long way[trust me, i know]''
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by loveth(f): 11:09am On Oct 19, 2005
read your bible always.(mum)
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by goodguy(m): 5:44pm On Oct 20, 2005
Dad & mum: Don't beg (for food, money, etc) from outsiders, not even your friends.
Dad & mum: Don't eat in people's houses (not even ur friends). But if you have to do, pray first.

They mostly advise about friends. They say there's no friend. smiley
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by loveth(f): 10:25am On Oct 21, 2005
(Mum)............loveth know that evil company corrupts good manner.
(Dad).............loveth follow the step of Christ cos he is our model.
smiley smiley smiley................loveth wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cool cool cool kiss kiss kiss
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by goodguy(m): 4:58pm On Oct 21, 2005
@loveth, why do u like shifting ur text b4 u type? (Just wondering)
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by WesleyanA(f): 11:38pm On Oct 21, 2005
cheesy*~it gets a lot of attention duh~*  cheesy
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Scorpio(f): 2:11am On Oct 22, 2005
cheesy cheesy
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by goodguy(m): 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2005
oh really? cheesy
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by alheri(f): 12:24pm On Nov 17, 2005
"Respect yourself and know your rights,........above all pray always"THATS my ma.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by loveth(f): 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2005
cool
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by 2cantango(f): 1:27pm On Mar 03, 2006
from my Mum - Never let the sun set on an arguement smiley
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by babymine(f): 12:01pm On Mar 07, 2006
Actions are not judged by their intentions but by their consequences.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by diyobdw(f): 8:26am On Mar 08, 2006
MUM: Always remember who you are!! cheesy grin
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by mamaput(f): 5:03pm On Mar 08, 2006
Be independent my dad always told me
Thats what i tell my kids too.
I tell them to look forward and move on in life And if anyone (Friends) become to heave to drag along cut them off be4 you fall with them
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by babymine(f): 10:44am On Mar 10, 2006
"Sweetie dnt eva start what you can't finish" cheesy
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by eveseh(f): 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2006
my best is advice is,my mom gave me that she said
never trust men are i belive it,
and try to love everyone,dont learn how to act people.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by shawna(f): 1:41am On Jun 19, 2006
if u don't know where your goin remember where u came from winkthat is so true
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Damsal(f): 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2006
you would never realise the value of money unless you work for it.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by lunafish(f): 4:16pm On Jun 19, 2006
They don't really talk to me so,
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Rottweiler(m): 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2006
Dad: Whenever you want to get married, make sure the person you have chosen is your friend irrespective of ethnic group.

Mum: Always remember your family background.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by mamaput(f): 9:19pm On Jun 19, 2006
Marry a man that can cook
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by diyobdw(f): 8:02am On Jun 20, 2006
avoid "they said he said ,i said" issues if you where not there dont judge
That from Me has a parent to he whom cares to listen
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 21, 2006
Mum : Atelewo eni ki tani je (Means something like trust the work of your hands) and Ma fa irun iwaju pomo ti ipako ( don't do dubious things to get success)

Dad: Be transparent in all that you do & never mediate between a husband and a wife

Been hearing this since i was like 10 ofcourse i had no clue what my ma meant until i was older
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by kolakels: 4:35pm On Jun 21, 2006
my mum: 'wot goes around would definitely come around' and i av lived with dis all my life with a meaning dat do unto others what u want others to do to you!
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by baby4ever: 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2006
My father always tell me never to please other and displease myself. For they will never displease themselves for me. Like you know we children always think we're wiser l have ignored his advice and l realized what he told me is true. So l call myself ONE MAN ARMY for l fight along and die alone, what ever happens to me after taken my act is my problem so l have to dance to the rhythm by myself.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by omogenaija(f): 4:39am On Jun 22, 2006
The best advice or whatever u call it that i heard was " aye awon okurin ti fo. so when i women finds a guy that she is in love with she must help him put the pieces together"

my mom always tells me " its your life. your life is different from mine. mess up ur life or live it to the fullest"
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Kadeejah(f): 2:40am On Jun 24, 2006
dont do drugz cheesy
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by omogenaija(f): 2:44am On Jun 24, 2006
Kadeejah:

don't do drugz cheesy

LMAO, i think ur parents have gave u better advice wink wink cheesy cheesy
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Kadeejah(f): 2:46am On Jun 24, 2006
lol ye buh daz da onli one i alwayz remember lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cheesy cheesy
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by afrika(f): 2:18pm On Aug 29, 2006
I was told by my papa that i should never tell my wife how much i have totally in my account, shocked

That i never forget and still i was i told that my worst enemy is said to be my UNCLE. please, imagine that and support me with the theory

Thanks
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by uchy: 5:39pm On Aug 29, 2006
My mom told me always say thd truth on how matter what happen and dad said never u chase a man because of what he has
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by TaniCarr(f): 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2006
The best advice my mother ever gave me was to keep my legs closed when it comes to guys.I had to learn the hard way though. cry shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? / The Mood For "Valentine Bedmatics" Your Spouse's Favorite Move? Or Yours? / List Of Banned Baby Names Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.