Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,318 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? (15451 Views)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / My Wife Is Pushing Me To Do Things I Don't Like Please Advice Your Friend / Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Hugoboi(m): 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2006
The best advice my mother ever gave me was to keep my legs closed when it comes to guys.I had to learn the hard way though.

Omg!!!

The best advice my mother ever gave me was to keep my legs closed when it comes to guys.I had to learn the hard way though.

Fo shizzle!!!!

Papa said "Any thing u do,Be about the money!!!"
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by ladykool(f): 8:00pm On Sep 23, 2006
me de advise ma dad gave was don't get pregnant until u r married if not u will suffer de consequences
read ur books cuz education is key to success
always tell de truth cuz it will set u free and stop been rude!
always believe in your self and always be a good girl
ma mum: be wat u wanna be and dont let people stop u!
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Radiant(f): 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2006
Dad: Baby you're not getting married until u graduate so you can concentrate well
Mum: Be independent of people especially guys. (In other words, struggle to make it in life so you will not to be at the mercy of others)
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by katherinae(f): 4:13pm On Nov 02, 2006
well my older brother who i love to death told me this

there is no money for anyone who fails school.

right before handing me my school fees ( talk about motivation)
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:28am On Dec 10, 2006
i have lost count smiley
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Ndipe(m): 9:31am On Aug 05, 2007
Not that she told me directly, but what I observed from my mom was that she never sweated over small stuff. My advice. Never be bitter, aint worth it.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by mellow(m): 9:51am On Aug 05, 2007
Dad: Any girl you know shame will not allow you to

show to your friends in the afternoon, don't play with

her at night.

Mum.When you take a walk and you hit your head on a wall

then you will know there is no road there. Learn from your mistakes.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by omoge(f): 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2007
best one from both of my lovely parents: Don't allow any guy touch you/forget boyfriend and face your studies. Don't carry belle. they preached morality everyday and am glad they did.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Oolamie(f): 9:32pm On Sep 28, 2007
PARENTS WISE SAYINGS

DAD; The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands at times of challenge n controverstiti

MUM; Circumstances dont cause emotions rather your thots and attitudes about dir those circmstances do.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Oolamie(f): 9:39pm On Sep 28, 2007
Gossips!, it's like a seed planted by d river side which never needs fertilizers to germinate, it destroys relationships. Beware of bad influence, RUMOUR MONAGERS, My papa's advice
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by sanrima(f): 9:41am On Oct 02, 2007
dad; follow peace with all men but don,t let anybody treat u like a coward
mum; god is the key and only solution to all problems, don,t ever 4get to thank him in every situation cos it motivates him to do more!
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Tanna(f): 5:48am On Oct 03, 2007
Dad ALWAYS said:  " Say what you mean, and mean what you say" , Great advice that has enabled me to be a confident and trusted leader in the workplace.

From Mom: "Successful people have good relationships with their family."
                             "Strife will hinder yor blessings, Stay out of strife and forgive"
                           and the most practical advice for me as a married woman,
              [center]"Never buy anything as married woman that you could not afford if you suddenly became single"[/center]
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by eezzy(f): 7:34am On Oct 08, 2007
Mum - Failure in school is not failure in life
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by slimfine(f): 8:50pm On May 24, 2010
my uncle: all that glitters are not gold
Aunt: the world is not a bed of roses
Mom: don't show that you are in desperate need of anything because the devil will use it to tempt you
dad: if it makes you happy, go for it.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Nobody: 11:53am On May 25, 2010
My dad used to say to me . . 'Someday people would no more care about who your father is, they'll be more concerned about who you are . . ' undecided
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Zimex: 1:55pm On May 25, 2010
3 pieces of advice you should not give your friend:

- Don't tell your friend not to marry
- Don't tell your friend not to build a house
- Don't tell your friend not to buy a car
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Kgdavid(m): 3:33pm On May 25, 2010
mellow:

Dad: Any girl you know shame will not allow you to

show to your friends in the afternoon, don't play with

her at night.

Mum.When you take a walk and you hit your head on a wall

then you will know there is no road there. Learn from your mistakes.

wow thats real.

my dad always says to me that is it not where you are or what you have but how you apply yourself.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by skiido: 11:27pm On May 25, 2010
Mum: Ranti omo eni ti iwo n se.
Dad: Died too early
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by rubi(f): 4:03pm On May 27, 2010
My Dad told me try and work hard to be sucessful people will leave/disappoint you but your success/education will still remain with you
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Rare(m): 1:46pm On Jun 01, 2010
late Mum (especially immediately she has just given me money): "I would advise you to take it to the bank and deposit it".

Dad: "There is no harm in trial"

Mum's own has aided me to acquires a good savings culture since my teenage years.
Dad's own has accustomised me to worry least about failures when I adventure.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by viann: 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2010
mom never trust every body that smile with u
dad don't abuse ur elders whenever they abuses u
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Fhemmmy: 7:54pm On Jun 01, 2010
You could do it, only blv in yourself
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2010
- My DAD never told me anything,
- My mum told me lots of real life moon time stories that I bearly had time to listen to,
but when ever I found my self in similar situations I always remembered grin and I scale through like I hv been here before.

In order words she gave me all I needed to make my choices in life wink wink wink grin
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Kunbee: 11:22pm On Jun 16, 2010
Read your bible
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by TeeJay6(m): 10:20am On Jun 17, 2010
Mum: Don't throw your life away, stay away from girls who can help ruin it embarassed embarassed
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by djojo(m): 10:48am On Jun 17, 2010
I will always appreciate my Mum for who she is and the kind of advice she always give to me.

Mum will always tell me that always remember the son of who you are
(ranti omo eni ti iwo se)
My mum will always tell me to be focus and never be illiterate so as to become somebody in future.

Dad : though we never got the time to sit me down or talk to me because he is always keep things to himself
but anytime i misbehave he will shout and tell me that why cant i make use of my initiative
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by SaffyBaby(f): 10:53pm On Sep 06, 2010
My mum would always say-it's ur life @ the end of the day , I cnt kill myself My dad , would always say , A word is enough for the wise
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by MetalGong4: 6:50am On Sep 07, 2010
My dad
- Good things are not yet out; face your studies now your brain is hot.

My mum ( very conservative )
- Stay away from gals till you are ready for marriage . . .
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 07, 2010
When I graduated my father told me " I have brought you this far, now you are on your own" Hmmm, Daddy refused to be a fall back plan, i had to work hard and build everything with my own hands and it was hard I thought he was wicked because all it would have taken was a note from him to any organization i wanted to work, what was worse then was that he was getting jobs for other peoples children but not us. he let all of us find our own way in the world and we did. And I am the better for it, it thought me to be humble, to work very hard to be independent and to be nice
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by femmy2010(m): 8:24am On Sep 07, 2010
All are the best.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by kolaoloye(m): 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2010
My father taught me this looooooooooooooong time ago:
'Kolawole no matter how thirsty you are, never you ever go for any kind of (dirty) water'.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by babyme1(f): 12:17pm On Sep 10, 2010
Dad: Ur beauty can get you into any man's house but it's ur personality that will keep you there.

Mum: Who u think u are is how the world will see you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? / I Feel So Bad For Slapping My Wife This Morning / 15 And Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.