Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,485 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? (15445 Views)

Would You Advice Your Daughter/son To Marry Someone Like You? / My Wife Is Pushing Me To Do Things I Don't Like Please Advice Your Friend / Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by sweeti14(f): 1:04pm On Sep 10, 2010
I can't remember undecided brb when i do
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Iranoladun(f): 9:26pm On Sep 14, 2010
God bless your parents Scorpio! That's the best advise for a daughter.

My mum."Ko si gba ti a daso ti a o rile fi wo" meaning "wait for your time"
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by axeman85(m): 11:32pm On Sep 14, 2010
Dad: when you are ready to marry, have to women so you can assess them and pick the better one for a wife.  grin

Mum: eyan o le ko irin meji si agbede ro. i no sabi interprete am.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by tolufaithO(f): 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2010
she taught us to be patient in anything
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by tshepiso(f): 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2010
stay away from boys!
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by dezzygal(f): 8:21am On Oct 08, 2010
Dad
he said ada stop cryin,cryin will never solve ur problem so weep dat tears and think. smiley smiley

ever since den wen i face problem i hardly cry. grin grin grin i will just think on d next step tp take.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by webbjamie(m): 12:25pm On Oct 08, 2010
Dad: Better get down wit yo books,boy.cos i ain't leavin u Poo. .Weid,huh? .not that i even care anyway. kiss.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by vinooh: 9:49am On Oct 11, 2010
don't have any sexual relationship with married women it destroy destiny (my master once told me)
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by vinooh: 12:39pm On Oct 11, 2010
dad ---be a wise man

mom---never say to a man u cannot do anything
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by MaxyBrown(m): 7:53am On Oct 12, 2010
Mom: No body is better than you, but you are also not better than the next person until and unless you prove it.

Dad: You make your choice, then they make you.

God bless their souls
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Wumine(f): 1:15am On Oct 15, 2010
Face your studies so that you can become 'somebody' in life.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 15, 2010
There was this time my brother & I used to collect money from my dad under false pretext , we'd tell him we need money for this & that and he knew all along but he just indulged us.
One day he sat us down and spoke some sense into us , he said , " everything I have today I bought with my own money , my house , my cars & my business. The car your mum drives & everything I own I bought on my own and I'm telling you as a father to his sons that everything I own I bought myself , what will you tell your own children ?". Since that day we found it hard collecting money from him.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by mengi: 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2010
my mom, rarely advise ,as sitting us down to talk, but she is always drumming it to our ears, Be closer to God cos only him can porvide those things we cant give you.

My dad's advise are numerous, one of them is, My son, no matter what it takes you, go to sch,even if it means trekking long distances without a shoe go to sch, cos at the end you will get all that has eluded you.
Re: What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? by egopersonified(f): 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2014
Know am four years late, but here goes. My dad: when you visit or live in other people's houses eat and drink whatever they are having too, even when its not up to the standard you are used to. This has taught me humility, even at work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House? / I Feel So Bad For Slapping My Wife This Morning / 15 And Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.