Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? (8088 Views)

Short Skirt/dress Or Bum Short- Which Is Sexier (pic) / Ladies, Which Number Are You? (photo) / Ladies, Which Is Your Worst Turn Off?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 8:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
GoodFaith:

I have a mix accent
I don't real care for the English accent
Or
southern accent in the U.S

...GRACE...You call IBO and Pigeon English mix assent??....u this Okoro boy...who u tryn to impress??...serrrrious loooong hisssss!!! undecided
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
BRITISH
I love everything Bristish, hence my reason for loving my great grand Masmiley
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by PunkyOh(f): 8:11pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hila12:

Scousers don't speak, they sing lol. Would you fancy singing the rest of your life smiley

I could listen to them talk for eternity.
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Hila12(m): 8:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

....which UK?? Uk in Lagos?? or UK in Gemany??...Question: what bus comes to Pekam? angry
You funny lol. The UK is way bigger than Pekam. I live in the Midlands and have stayed in the north as well. But I reckon a Stagecoach or an Arriva...
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by GoodFaith: 8:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

...GRACE...You call IBO and Pigeon English mix assent??....u this Okoro boy...who u tryn to impress??...serrrrious loooong hisssss!!! undecided
Really, you are a dump B? P?
The year I first went to England
You was still playing in the street with no cloths kid
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MzCorleone(f): 8:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
PunkyOh:

Yes it does,couple that with their machismo. Ariba, ariba!!!

lol @ gangster ish. Meh.
grin Ay! Mami!
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by rago(m): 8:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
this is a subject thas of huge interest to me.

les do this.

A lot of u got it twisted wen it comes to what constitute 'English accent'. many of u equate accent to speaking standard, orderly, correct and eloquent English. Zero!!

BY ACCENT, it means the manner of pronunciation;a way of pronouncing words that indicates the place of origin or social background of the speaker. accent does not mean how 'well and erudite' a speaker articulates the language.

there's no doubt that the Brits and Americans have their unique English accent.

personally, i believe that when it comes to the use of English, the Brits are just awing. they speak English with authority, erudition, eloquence, dignity and stately. they are way brilliant at it---so clean and fresh.BUT THEIR ACCENT IS A NO NO. I personally dnt fancy it. its just ordinary and kinda drab.

as for Americans, they truly naturally bastardize the language but their accent is remarkable like a baritone. its sexy, unique, rotic, exquisite and just so charming. the 'lighter' side of it is one the coolest things about american accent.

as for me, i so damn can converse in american accent...no bragging guys. as for the British, i really dnt no coz the one in the dictionary is for those young speakers of British English. american accent is generally for all Americans regardless of status or class.
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Hila12(m): 8:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
Godvilla:
BRITISH
I love everything Bristish, hence my reason for loving my great grand Masmiley

Of blessed memory?...What part of Britain was she from?
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by iPopAlomo(m): 8:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hila12:
Not the forced accent on Nigerian radio though lol. I am talking about the natural British or American accent - which do you fancy more? I appreciate the 'posh' and cockney(south england) accent lol. What's yours?

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/17/travel/sexy-accents/

Contrary... Nigerian accent is not forced except you're trying hard to speak like a britico...

Nigerian accent... BOMB!!!

Italian accent... best...
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hila12:

Of blessed memory?...What part of Britain was she from?
Peckham

1 Like

Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 8:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hila12:

You funny lol. The UK is way bigger than Pekam. I live in the Midlands and have stayed in the north as well. But I reckon a Stagecoach or an Arriva...

...ok...u claim u from UK and u telln me Stagecoach gets u to Pekam...abi??...dyammmm..

...You home base people mennnn....I giv up!! (no oofeinse)
embarassed
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 8:23pm On Mar 11, 2015
GoodFaith:

Really, you are a dump B? P?
The year I first went to England
You was still playing in the street with no cloths kid

...Godwin....U this Okoro boy...mus u always try to impress a Londoner?.....earlier.. U claim u hav IBO and Pigeon English accent and u think this automatically makes u hav british acent?? .... ebven we Londoners don't boast of our british accent.

... Bro I hope one day u will QUIT lyin to impress & be proud of Nigeria...Goat!! (no ofeinse)
angry
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by iPopAlomo(m): 8:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

...Godwin....U this Okoro boy...mus u always try to impress a Londoner?.....earlier.. U claim u hav IBO and Pigeon English accent and u think this automatically makes u hav british acent?? .... ebven we Londoners don't boast of our british accent.

... Bro I hope one day u will QUIT lyin to impress & be proud of Nigeria...Goat!! (no ofeinse)
angry

@ the bolded... Lmao...

Who dash you... comot for thread make we see front abeg...
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
rago:

les do this.

A lot of u got it twisted wen it comes to what constitute 'English accent'. many of u equate accent to speaking standard, orderly, correct and eloquent English. Zero!!

BY ACCENT, it means the manner of pronunciation;a way of pronouncing words that indicates the place of origin or social background of the speaker. accent does not mean how 'well and erudite' a speaker articulates the language.

personally, i believe that when it comes to the use of English, the Brits are just awing. they speak English with authority, erudition, eloquence, dignity and stately. they are way brilliant at it---so clean and fresh.BUT THEIR ACCENT IS A NO NO. I personally dnt fancy it. its just ordinary and kinda drab.

as for Americans, they truly naturally bastardize the language but their accent is remarkable like a baritone. its sexy, unique, rotic, exquisite and just so charming. the 'lighter' side of it is one the coolest things about american accent.

as for me, i so damn can converse in american accent...no bragging guys. as for the British, i really dnt no coz the one in the dictionary is for those young speakers of British English. american accent is generally for all Americans regardless of status or class.

It wasn't necessary of u to summon your dictionary before making a point?
british accent is sweet, graces the air with its pleasant perfem, scintillating, well articulated and sexy.
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by GoodFaith: 8:33pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

angry
I don't give F about the English accent
I have not stayed in England for more than two weeks
The last time I visited England was 1996
Kid go suck on ur d
Ok lose dog
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by iPopAlomo(m): 8:33pm On Mar 11, 2015
Godvilla:
U went through stress to summon your dictionary before making a point?
british accent is sweet, graces the air with its pleasant perfem, scintillating, well articulated and sexy.

And you Gay...?!
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by iPopAlomo(m): 8:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
PunkyOh:

I could listen to them talk for eternity.

A second one...?! :|
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by PunkyOh(f): 8:35pm On Mar 11, 2015
iPopAlomo:

A second one...?! :|

2nd what?
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 11, 2015
iPopAlomo:

And you Gay...?!
undecided Do i look like one to u
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 8:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
iPopAlomo:

@ the bolded... Lmao...

Who dash you... comot for thread make we see front abeg...

...Bro.....but don't u people hav nice names like Ryan, Sally, Susan, Bingo or Alex in that Nigeria??.....serrriously...how do u expect females to take u serrrious when u have name like Ipopomomoaloalo??

....You home base people mennnnnn.......Am goin bak to bed. Laters!!!
undecided

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Hila12(m): 8:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
iPopAlomo:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/17/travel/sexy-accents/

Contrary... Nigerian accent is not forced except you're trying hard to speak like a britico...

Nigerian accent... BOMB!!!

Italian accent... best...

By 'forced' I imply the funny accents we hear on radio
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by iPopAlomo(m): 8:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
PunkyOh:

2nd what?

Punkybrewsta...
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 8:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
GoodFaith:

I don't give F about the English accent
I have not stayed in England for more than two weeks
The last time I visited England was 1996
Kid go suck on ur d
Ok lose dog

...which England did u came?...QUIT LYIN MAN....STOP THE LIE GADEEEEMIT....STOP IT....u home base people mennn!! (no oofense) embarassed
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Mcslize: 8:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
rago:

les do this.

I'm seriously practicing America way of pronunciation. Are u that good at it now? What materials did u use to master ur accent? I need any idea of how to master the America accent. If u know any tools or materials that can help both in soft copies and hard copies u can link me with them.
But how well do u speak the America accent?
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by iPopAlomo(m): 8:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
Godvilla:
undecided Do i look like one to u

You definately type like one...
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by PunkyOh(f): 8:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Punkybrewsta...

I deleted the other one & I don't even know why sad
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Mcslize: 8:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
Anyone with any useful material I can study and ready to for proper mastery of the America accent?
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by iPopAlomo(m): 8:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

...Bro.....but don't u people hav nice names like Ryan, Sally, Susan, Bingo or Alex in that Nigeria??.....serrriously...how do u expect females to take u serrrious when u have name like Ipopomomoaloalo??

....You home base people mennnnnn.......Am goin bak to bed. Laters!!!
undecided

Yeah Mr. Corkscrew... lmao... take it easy on the soap... I wouldn't expect females to take you serious with that little pecker of yours... wink
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Hila12(m): 8:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

...ok...u claim u from UK and u telln me Stagecoach gets u to Pekam...abi??...dyammmm..

...You home base people mennnn....I giv up!! (no oofeinse)
embarassed

I've only been on a train there hence me guessing the Stagecoach bus. Have toured more of North London and not the South - East were Pekam is. It's Peckham by the way.
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by rago(m): 8:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
Mcslize:

I'm seriously practicing America way of pronunciation. Are u that good at it now? What materials did u use to master ur accent? I need any idea of how to master the America accent. If u know any tools or materials that can help both in soft copies and hard copies u can link me with them.
But how well do u speak the America accent?

i speak it remarkably well
while i was in high skool, i had a chance to go extra mile while we were treating this oral english. i just became obseesed!

i speak natural ?say /na-chrul/ american english...bug i get better day by day thru movies and stuff

i dnt no wat buks or software to prescribe but m so happy to teach u.....

m on whatsapp and bbm
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by iPopAlomo(m): 8:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

...which England did u came? ...QUIT LYIN MAN....STOP THE LIE GADEEEEMIT....STOP IT....u home base people mennn!! (no oofense) embarassed

GBAGAUN!!!

so much for your britico accent...
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by iPopAlomo(m): 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2015
PunkyOh:

I deleted the other one & I don't even know why sad

Oh really...

I'm not impressed...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tell Me This Is Love And I Will Tell You I Don't Want(pic) / He Brought Home Another Girl After His Wife Traveled For Xmas (photo) / Kingblakhoc Is At It Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.