Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? (8083 Views)

Short Skirt/dress Or Bum Short- Which Is Sexier (pic) / Ladies, Which Number Are You? (photo) / Ladies, Which Is Your Worst Turn Off?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
rago:

in the united States,say/ u-nai-did/----i just tapped that 't' thas in d middle of that united...aint that cool and novel?

well, in the US, better is pronounced in two ways

1. better= be/rur
2. better= bedur

pls note that the "d' in the second pronunciation guide is not actually, literally articulated D

its a mix of t and d...u just tap it just a little

like bottom= badum

and so forth

as for the Brits, its just drab...unremarkable bro
Buahahaha... U cant force me to like the American accent.
Adios amigo
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 9:22pm On Mar 11, 2015
GoodFaith:

Kid
I have two passport that is visa free to the world
Yes kid
If you have a sister I will give her belle
watch if that child your sister have for me
If I don't give the child two passport---to two of the world English speak country
Not English talking trought their nose F that kid

^^^ who is this Ghana boy tryin to impress?... Bro u nevar been to London...pirrrriod!! undecided
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by GoodFaith: 9:32pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

^^^ who is this Ghana boy tryin to impress?... Bro u nevar been to London...pirrrriod!! undecided
who is this kid acting like jackass?
London my ass
Like I told u the last time I visited london you was still run around naked with out clothes
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

....SAY WHAT..so you tink that yor Accratick home base Nigerian accent is berrra than our British accent...abi? Bro, u been to London? undecided

Lol, 2015, I thought this puppy will grow to a dog this year.

U been in chains?

1 Like

Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Caracta(f): 9:57pm On Mar 11, 2015
Lol @ people taking MrCork serious? I bet he is having a good laugh pulling your legs.
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 10:03pm On Mar 11, 2015
GoodFaith:

who is this kid acting like jackass?
London my ass
Like I told u the last time I visited london you was still run around naked with out clothes

...ok u been to London but u waz deported....correc??.... Bro..tryin to impress me getvu no were ... Truss me!! angry
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by rago(m): 10:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hila12:
...well I teach the 'posh' british accent and also the RP to overseas undergrads. Let me know when you want some tutoring.

no disrespect Ms.

I assume the RP which is typical of the Brits accent that u r raving about is for YOUNGER SPEAKERS OF BRITISH ENGLISH and not not of d mainstream one which is incorporated by advanced, elite speakers.

so much for england with its 'category of english speakers'. this is linguistic class warfare...there in England.

my token
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by GoodFaith: 10:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

...ok u been to London but u waz deported....correc??.... Bro..tryin to impress me getvu no were ... Truss me!! angry
I know u are a dick head
with two powerful passports
Village UK will deport me?
Go play with your dick
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Hila12(m): 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
rago:

no disrespect Ms.

I assume the RP which is typical of the Brits accent that u r raving about is for YOUNGER SPEAKERS OF BRITISH ENGLISH and not not of d mainstream one which is incorporated by advanced, elite speakers.

my token

Yeah most people new to British accents rather learn the RP cause it's true to clarity and easily understood. RP is what you hear on BBC news (broadcasters)
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 10:28pm On Mar 11, 2015
GoodFaith:

I know u are a dick head
Go play with your dick

....u hav Nigerian & Ghana passport & for some reason, u tink this is somtin to be proud of??... R u kiddin me?

...listen brother...AMA lover nota fighter.. Please please I beg u....don't make me swaaaar for u ...goat!! (no ofeeense)
angry
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by OXYGEN011: 10:33pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

Its only on this useless forum than people will take a fool like u serious. Hiding behind your Nokia x2 phone in a village in nigeria flexing muscles here.Kwasia. Have u even seen aeroplane in your pathetic life before? slowpoke
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 10:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
OXYGEN011:
Its only on this useless forum than people will take a fool like u serious. Hiding behind your Nokia x2 phone in a village in nigeria flexing muscles here.Kwasia. Have u even seen aeroplane in your pathetic life before? slowpoke

...u call Nairaland useless forum and then u come to giv advise??....Bro.... Clearly yor common sence in not common ....Goat!! (no ofeeense) angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by OXYGEN011: 10:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
GoodFaith:

I know u are a dick head
Go play with your dick
Who even told you that I.d.I.o.t is in UK? Don't u know this is a faceless forum?
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by OXYGEN011: 10:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

...u call Nairaland useless forum and then u come to giv advise??....Bro.... Clearly yor common sence in not common ....Goat!! (no ofeeense) embarassed
The fact that a fool like u is given attention on this forum automatically makes it useless.Kwasia boy.Which village are u?
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 10:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
OXYGEN011:
Who even told you that I.d.I.o.t is in UK? Don't u know this is a faceless forum?

^^^^ and this is comin from a homebase mugu who call him sef oxygen1114??..... Serrriously..am goin bak to bed. Laters! (no ofeeense) undecided
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by OXYGEN011: 10:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

^^^^ and this is comin from a homebase mugu who call him sef oxygen1114??..... Serrriously..am goin bak to bed. Laters! (no ofeeense) undecided
See this fool.Such a useless slowpoke.For all we know u haven't even seen tarred road in your village before. Uve managed to get a phone n u are making noise here? slowpoke with a brain of a rabbit.
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 10:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
OXYGEN011:
See this fool.Such a useless slowpoke.For all we know u haven't even seen tarred road in your village before. Uve managed to get a phone n u are making noise here? slowpoke with a brain of a rabbit.

...Bro....I take kit u one of those home base Nigerian wit American accent....goat! (no ofeeense) undecided
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by OXYGEN011: 10:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

...Bro....everybody knows am a fool but it ain't ma fault ...am a goat! (no ofeeense) undecided
With your degree of foolishness and stupidity why wont u be considered as a goat. Your parents might have sold u wen they realize they've given birth to a fool and a slowpoke.Continue hiding in your village n be fooling yourself
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Hila12(m): 10:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
OXYGEN011:

You best ignore though lol. Just ignore.
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 10:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
OXYGEN011:
With your degree of foolishness and stupidity why wont u be considered as a goat. Your parents might have sold u wen they realize they've given birth to a fool and a slowpoke.Continue hiding in your village n be fooling yourself

.....PLEASE STOP DERAILING THE THREAD!!! embarassed
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by OXYGEN011: 11:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

.....PLEASE STOP DERAILING THE THREAD!!! embarassed
I should stop detailing the thread and go and derail the p..u.s.s.y of your LovePeddler mum ryt. Village boy.
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by rago(m): 11:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hila12:

Yeah most people new to British accents rather learn the RP cause it's true to clarity and easily understood. RP is what you hear on BBC news (broadcasters)

on BBC?
Fyn. buh its certainty not wat David and Samantha Cameron articulate. And neither does d queen use d RP.

by d way, the BBC isnt just english...its international...so u figure out y they use RP.

85% of their audience are non- brits.

in the US, BARACK OBAMA'S ACCENT IS D SAME AS ORDINARY AMERICANS!!!!!!

NO CLASS

SO MUCH FOR D BRITS
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 11, 2015
British offcourse duh. undecided
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 11:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
OXYGEN011:
I should stop detailing the thread and go and derail the p..u.s.s.y of your LovePeddler mum ryt. Village boy.

...B!TCH PLEASE STOP DERAILING THE THREAD.....STOP DERAILING THE THREAD..B!TCH PLEASE STOP!! undecided
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 11:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
rokiatu:
British offcourse duh. undecided

...kaiiii....loook rokiatu...please I beg, don't let ma kondo break!! tongue
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Hila12(m): 11:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
rago:

on BBC?
Fyn. buh its certainty not wat David and Samantha Cameron articulate. And neither does d queen use d RP.

by d way, the BBC isnt just english...its international...so u figure out y they use RP.

85% of their audience are non- brits.

in the US, BARACK OBAMA'S ACCENT IS D SAME AS ORDINARY AMERICANS!!!!!!

NO CLASS

SO MUCH FOR D BRITS
The Queen speaks 'posh' and also do many brits of royal lineage.

RP is used on BBC because it's easily understood by people who learned English as a second language. There are stronger English accents that BBC refuse to promote - because only the locals understand them.

Even in the US, the accents vary from West coast to East coast and beyond. A New Yorker sounds different to someone from New Jersey. And someone from South Carolina sounds different from a typical Amish.
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by rago(m): 11:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hila12:

The Queen speaks 'posh' and also do many brits of royal lineage.

RP is used on BBC because it's easily understood by people who learned English as a second language. There are stronger English accents that BBC refuse to promote - because only the locals understand them.

Even in the US, the accents vary from West coast to East coast and beyond. A New Yorker sounds different to someone from New Jersey. And someone from South Carolina sounds different from a typical Amish.

wat d heck is *posh english? abeg!
BBC refuse to promote d mainstream accent. that certainly show ow linguistically and culturally conservative they are. I dnt thnk sane-minded people wud wana live in that world

as per d US having pretty varying accent in terms of regional diff, das true. buh d diffference in d accents is not considerably pronounced. General American is General American!!

americans are linguistically homogeneous! I adore em for that.

brits are just too damn 'serious and overly proper in every thing....
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Hila12(m): 11:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
rago:

wat d heck is *posh english? abeg!
BBC refuse to promote d mainstream accent. that certainly show ow linguistically and culturally conservative they are. I dnt thnk sane-minded people wud wana live in that world

as per d US having pretty varying accent in terms of regional diff, das true. buh d diffference in d accents is not considerably pronounced. General American is General American!!

americans are linguistically homogeneous! I adore em for that.

brits are just too damn 'serious and overly proper in every thing....

Brits regardless of their accents understand themselves pretty well. So why you tripping lol. Brits are not too serious...They are true to the language and what works for them.

I understand you prefer the American accent for the reasons you stated - but some people don't like the American accent for similar reasons too. We all different and have individual preferences. Cheers.
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by rago(m): 11:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hila12:

Brits regardless of their accents understand themselves pretty well. So why you tripping lol. Brits are not too serious...They are true to the language and what works for them.

I understand you prefer the American accent for the reasons you stated - but some people don't like the American accent for similar reasons too. We all different and have individual preferences. Cheers.

well, I gess I got d last say..lol
brits understand themselves pretty well
well, m glad people outside dont! gbam
brits...bunch of xenophobes!!!!

america and her language arent just for america but for d world

folks around d world assimilate the american culture and its language astonishingly fast.

these poor folks fathom americans much beruh

they are so tolerant as evidenced in their scintillating and 'light' accent.

God bless America
God bless pro-americans
God bless Nigeria
sai Buhari

cheers!

1 Like

Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Mcslize: 7:47am On Mar 12, 2015
rago:

absoultely! send ur cell phone number

Expecting ur whatsapp message: Zero eight zero six four three seven one four three three
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by GoodFaith: 1:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
MrCork:

....u hav Nigerian & Ghana passport & for some reason, u tink this is somtin to be proud of??... R u kiddin me?

...listen brother...AMA lover nota fighter.. Please please I beg u....don't make me swaaaar for u ...goat!! (no ofeeense)
angry
If you include Nigeria three
big head
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by UjSizzle(f): 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2015
I'm in love with whatever Hugh Grant speakskiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Think I Am Addicted To Being Negative... / I Want To Report This Woman To Her Husband / Today Is World Naked Garden Day, People Share Their Nudes (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.