Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,112 members, 7,828,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? (8086 Views)

Short Skirt/dress Or Bum Short- Which Is Sexier (pic) / Ladies, Which Number Are You? (photo) / Ladies, Which Is Your Worst Turn Off?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
Mcslize:

I'm seriously practicing America way of pronunciation. Are u that good at it now? What materials did u use to master ur accent? I need any idea of how to master the America accent. If u know any tools or materials that can help both in soft copies and hard copies u can link me with them.
But how well do u speak the America accent?
Ouccchhhh....
Dat's too much burden i doubt u can bear
best option is process a visa to Mexico and the rest is history. Easy access to America...
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by PunkyOh(f): 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Oh really...

I'm not impressed...

grin
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by iPopAlomo(m): 8:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hila12:

By 'forced' I imply the funny accents we hear on radio

From everyone...? lady... don't be bias... too much hating can kill...
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 8:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hila12:

I've only been on a train there hence me guessing the Stagecoach bus. Have toured more of North London and not the South - East were Pekam is. It's Peckham by the way.

.....ok...From stagecoach to Tourbus.....bro so u telln me u can get to Pekam by Tourbus....abi?? MUss u people always lie to impress??..seriously. Bro ama hardcore gangsta fron Pekam and I drive a £28,000 (cash) range rover spot....juss in case u ask. but I like u though, u r honest sir!! angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Hila12(m): 8:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

...Godwin....U this Okoro boy...mus u always try to impress a Londoner?.....earlier.. U claim u hav IBO and Pigeon English accent and u think this automatically makes u hav british acent?? .... ebven we Londoners don't boast of our british accent.

... Bro I hope one day u will QUIT lyin to impress & be proud of Nigeria...Goat!! (no ofeinse)
angry

There are a handful of British accents - the London accent is one amongst so many.
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by iPopAlomo(m): 8:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
PunkyOh:

grin

Hope you good anyways...
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by PunkyOh(f): 8:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Hope you good anyways...

I am smiley
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by iPopAlomo(m): 8:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

.....ok...From stagecoach to Tourbus.....bro so u telln me u can get to Pekam by Tourbus....abi?? MUss u people always lie to impress??..seriously. Bro ama hardcore gangsta fron Pekam and I drive a £28,000 (cash) range rover spot....juss in case u ask. but I like u though, u r honest sir!! angry

Hardcore indeed... You a bloody hooligan... nothing more... You stole the range... and you know nothing about Peckham...
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 8:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
GoodFaith:

I don't give F about the English accent
I have not stayed in England for more than two weeks
The last time I visited England was 1996
Kid go suck on ur d
Ok lose dog

...bro no nid tryn to lie cuz we no u never been to London ....anyways...be nice and I will send u a picture of ma sef riding a horse at trafagua square! angry
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by rago(m): 8:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
Godvilla:
It wasn't necessary of u to summon your dictionary before making a point?
british accent is sweet, graces the air with its pleasant perfem, scintillating, well articulated and sexy.

if its so sweet, y dnt we enjoy their music?

if they sound so sweet, y dnt we have the finest public speakers from England?

if they are so pleasant, y dnt a lot of non. brits wanna copy their manner of articulation?

in my opinion, they speak better english than americans...no doubt

buh, the sounds of their language aint 'charming'

check out these words

atom
USA--adim
UK--atim

agile
USA--ajul
UK---ajail

just see and consider...which is really cooler
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Hila12(m): 8:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

Read again. I never been Peckham on a tourbus, rather have been most parts in North London. We not talking about cars we talking accent. But well, no shades either.
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 8:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hila12:

There are a handful of British accents - the London accent is one amongst so many.

...true..ttrue....bro I left that Nigeria 3 week ago and while I waz there, I switched on ma british acssent and all tha ladies waz impress wit my innnit... 4real...Black women love when we say innnit.. u can even get punnny wit it..truss me!! wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by rago(m): 8:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
Godvilla:
Ouccchhhh....
Dat's too much burden i doubt u can bear
best option is process a visa to Mexico and the rest is history. Easy access to America...

thats not true

he cud learn and speak american accented english here

m a living proof!

i can teach ds dude
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by iPopAlomo(m): 8:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
Walks out of thread...

*spits on the poster below...*
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Hila12(m): 8:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
rago:

check out these words

atom
USA--adim
UK--atim

agile
USA--ajul
UK---ajail

As much as I agree with some of your points, the preference of a particular accent is a personal choice. Cheers.
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 8:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hila12:

Read again. I never been Peckham on a tourbus, rather have been most parts in North London. We not talking about cars we talking accent. But well, no shades either.

...ok...juss in case u I drive a metallic black £28,000 (cash ) range rover spot. I bought it 3 yers ago. Its fully loaded. I feel like I can take any mans wife wit it. truss me... Anywayss, when u ever come to London,. I will show u around ma pekam!! wink
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Mcslize: 8:57pm On Mar 11, 2015
rago:

i speak it remarkably well
while i was in high skool, i had a chance to go extra mile while we were treating this oral english. i just became obseesed!

i speak natural ?say /na-chrul/ american english...bug i get better day by day thru movies and stuff

i dnt no wat buks or software to prescribe but m so happy to teach u.....

m on whatsapp and bbm

U mean u can teach me? That will be lovely. Lets hook up on whatsapp then to begin the tutorial. How about that?
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Hila12(m): 8:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

...true..ttrue....bro I left that Nigeria 3 week ago and while I waz there, I switched on ma british acssent and all tha ladies waz impress wit my innnit... 4real...Black women love when we say innnit.. u can even get punnny wit it..truss me!! wink

Lol good for you mate. Innit is more common in London and South England than any where else in Britain. Nice one lol
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Hila12(m): 8:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

...ok...juss in case u I drive a metallic black £28,000 (cash ) range rover spot. I bought it 3 yers ago. Its fully loaded. I feel like I can take any mans wife wit it. truss me... Anywayss, when u ever come to London,. I will show u around ma pekam!! wink
Okay mate. We going Peckham lol
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
rago:

if its so sweet, y dnt we enjoy their music?

if they sound so sweet, y dnt we have the finest public speakers from England?

if they are so pleasant, y dnt a lot of non. brits wanna copy their manner of articulation?

in my opinion, they speak better english than americans...no doubt

check out these words

atom
USA--adim
UK--atim

agile
USA--ajul
UK---ajail

That's wat am talking about.......
better - sounds more like be:ah.... Owww the sound of it triggers goose pimples all over me body.
Soooooo charming and sweet.
American English sounds more like an empty barrel to me ears.
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by rago(m): 9:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
Mcslize:

U mean u can teach me? That will be lovely. Lets hook up on whatsapp then to begin the tutorial. How about that?

absoultely! send ur cell phone number
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by rago(m): 9:03pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hila12:

As much as I agree with some of your points, the preference of a particular accent is a personal choice. Cheers.

totally say toht-ly

lolbro...just teasing..
take care

1 Like

Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by GoodFaith: 9:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

...bro no nid tryn to lie cuz we no u never been to London ....anyways...be nice and I will send u a picture of ma sef riding a horse at trafagua square! angry
dude I have not interest in over populated London
All ppl from other part of Europe that want their kids to speak English are all coming to London
F London
I am blessed kid
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by mirexxx(f): 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
I love the British accent!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Hila12(m): 9:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
iPopAlomo:

From everyone...? lady... don't be bias... too much hating can kill...

I didn't say from 'everyone'...you did.
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Hila12(m): 9:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
...well I teach the 'posh' british accent and also the RP to overseas undergrads. Let me know when you want some tutoring.
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by rago(m): 9:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
Godvilla:
better - sounds more like be:ah.... Owww the sound of it triggers goose pimples all over me body.

in the united States,say/ u-nai-did/----i just tapped that 't' thas in d middle of that united...aint that cool and novel?

well, in the US, better is pronounced in two ways

1. better= be/rur
2. better= bedur

pls note that the "d' in the second pronunciation guide is not actually, literally articulated D

its a mix of t and d...u just tap it just a little

like bottom= badum

and so forth

as for the Brits, its just drab...unremarkable bro
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by MrCork: 9:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
GoodFaith:

dude I have not interest in over populated London
All ppl from other part of Europe that want their kids to speak English are all coming to London
F London
I am blessed kid

^^^^ ther u go....this is exaaactley wot they say if they can't get visa to london..*London is over populated.*...yea right.

...ma advise...bro be nice to me & I will post u £10 to buy a suit ther in Nigeria (no ofeeense)
undecided
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Hila12(m): 9:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
Godvilla:

In British phonetics it's called the glottal stop (where you skip the 't') - like in butter/buh ah
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by GoodFaith: 9:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

^^^^ ther u go....this is exaaactley wot they say if they can't get visa to london..*London is over populated.*...yea right.

...ma advise...bro be nice to me & I will post u £10 to buy a suit ther in Nigeria (no ofeeense)
undecided
Kid
I have two passport that is visa free to the world
Yes kid
If you have a sister I will give her belle
watch if that child your sister have for me
If I don't give the child two passport---to two of the world English speak country
Not English talking trought their nose F that kid
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by Hila12(m): 9:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
MrCork:

undecided

Lol but to be fair...London is densely populated hence overcrowded. And the tubes though lol, horrendous at peak times.
Re: Ladies! Which is sexier - The British Or American Accent? by GoodFaith: 9:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hila12:

Lol but to be fair...London is densely populated hence overcrowded. And the tubes though lol, horrendous at peak times.
Mr Cork
Park your small car five mile away from your house
F that kid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Proud Unijos "Gay" Students / Bleep Me Harder! Let's Talk Dirty. / My Whatsapp Chat With My Girl During This Lock Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.