Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts (31532 Views)

Beautiful Lady Who Graduated With Third Class Shares Her Touching Story (Photos) / Ayodele Dada: "How I Graduated With All-Round A's & 5.0 CGPA" / Meet The Unique Identical Twins Who Both Graduated With First Class.. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by brownlord: 2:47pm On Mar 13, 2015
An adult that can't see beyond paper degree to know her becoming successful in life don't depend on the grade she graduated with and think the best way to solve her problem is taking her life was never intelligent and never deserved anything more than what she got.

Op, please encourage her to do so, so we know how many idiats of her kind are left for us to deal with.

On a second thought, your friend must be proper Olodo, you said she put in so much hard work and avoided fun yet ended up with thirdy, what if she she was always attending party and never serious with her book?

Na thank you for coming the school for giver her.

Op, I hope say no be you come dey lie say na ur friend

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by haibe(m): 2:47pm On Mar 13, 2015
She must be very stupidd to want to take her life because of a grade. Is that what determines success? Why don't people think that success has little dependence on your grade but your quality as a person.

Please encourage her to find and talent and use it for something great, help her find what she does best and find a way to trade that.

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 13, 2015
Mtchew
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by millionboi(m): 2:48pm On Mar 13, 2015
It does wot tekin her life...go 4pGD FAST
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Situation001(m): 2:48pm On Mar 13, 2015
shebi
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 13, 2015
Its not worth it. Some famous and prosperous people had very poor results in school too.
eph12:
she must have been aware from her 3rd year that she will probably end up with 3rd class. She should just tell her people. Nobody will kill her for getting 3rd class. I'll advice her to just face business of buying and selling or learn fashion designing. Hairdressing too is good. If she's hardworking she'll make millions with any of these options. School is not for everybody.

El finito
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by prettyjo(f): 2:49pm On Mar 13, 2015
most important thing now is that she is a graduate.so many non graduates will envy her.
na only her know she get third class,let her not kill herself

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:49pm On Mar 13, 2015
Her school gave her a Teddy Baby grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Badgers14: 2:49pm On Mar 13, 2015
@ OP remind your friend that Bill Gate, Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg all dropped out of college. . yea true story. go figure.
School is not for everyone, if she is business inclined, she should start up a business. she will be fine. Good Luck to her.
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by fpeter(f): 2:49pm On Mar 13, 2015
godsveryown:
My friend has tried taking her own life since she graduated,after all d hard work and avoiding fun she ends up with a third class degree, she hasn't being able to tell her family her result because of the shame and reproach. With low self esteem, she is considering seeking admission to start over again or do a PGD. She despirately needs ur advise...

If she commits suicide trust me she will rewrite JAMB in hellfire and na devil go set am with his demons as invigilators
and you know she won't pass the devil's examinations, so tell her to get a PGD form ASAP and quit toying with the
thoughts of committing suicide.....i know a lot of third class degree holders that are working in good institutions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by grandstar(m): 2:50pm On Mar 13, 2015
Your friend should wake up and smell the coffee!

There ism nothing wrong if she finishes with a third class. What of those who did not finish? What of those who dies along the way?

What of those who never had the opportunity of entering a uni in the first place?

The problem with your friend is that she has a one track mind. There was is no plan B or talk more of C. She put all her eggs in one basket- that coming out with a good degree is the only means to make it in life!

That's not true or else else we will all be failures.

She can start creating options for herself by asking questions. The bible says in the multitude of counselors there is accomplishment.

Coming to a forum like this and asking questions is a good start i.e " I came out with a third class. What options are there for me. Pls Help"

A good thing about the university is that it exposes you and builds you up.

She can go for a training program in things like events planning, catering, photography and what have you.[b] TY Bello [/b]is making a fortune from photography despite the fact that she is a good musician!

She can also go for an IT course in Oracle, web design etc. A relation of mine works with a bank in London as an Oracle engineer and when the bank was sacking workers , he was retained for Oracle guys are the lifeblood of the bank.

These are just my 2 cents

2 Likes

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by prettyjo(f): 2:50pm On Mar 13, 2015
Madeu:

Soyinka never came out with a Third class.
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by kinibigdeal(m): 2:50pm On Mar 13, 2015
she should go for a postgraduate diploma course to top up..

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by mekaboy(m): 2:51pm On Mar 13, 2015
So she is waiting for advice from nairaland before she kill herself? She never ready to die.

4 Likes

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by orobs93(m): 2:52pm On Mar 13, 2015
Well she got a very bad orientation about life....if kill her self will make her feel happy and shameless then so be it...it is better for people to laugh at u than to cry for you.

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by akunnasu: 2:52pm On Mar 13, 2015
Trying 2 commit sucide? Make she try gamaline-20 for fast result. Person want die com dey announce am.

2 Likes

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Abduletudaye(m): 2:52pm On Mar 13, 2015
Why commit suicide dear?? Its not an option..I remember I used to laugh at a girl in my class who got a third class. Now she's employed in a bank and am still here with no work...

sometimes, no be by bsc...

Na prayer... It is well dear... smiley

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by mrham03(m): 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2015
there's no need for her commit suicide., there are soo many ways of getting a job. she shouldnt give up. As for the shame and disappointment of getting a third, well she isnt the first to get it neither will she be the last. Jux tell her to cheer up

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by temmyt20(m): 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2015
why u wan commit suicide, a frnd of mine graduated wth 3rd class, e never complete nysc self and e don gt job...

2 Likes

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by z3us(m): 2:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
MY SISTA HAD A 3RD CLASS DEGREE ASWELL BUT NOW SHE EARNS MORE DAN MY COUSIN WITH A FIRST CLASS....SO Y D SUICIDE MISSION?

4 Likes

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Vivly(f): 2:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
godsveryown:
don't say wat u don't knw, she is a very decent person wit d fear of God.not every lady is as u hav described.funny enof d ones hu spend d nite clubbing jumping frm one bed to d oda and don't even boda abt studying come out well but d ones hu don't sometime end up like dis, I can't help but wonda y.
You mean she didn't know the grade she was to graduate with all these while? This post sounds like she woke up one morning to hear that she'll graduate with a 3rd class.
Tell us the full story

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by haibe(m): 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2015
eph12:
she must have been aware from her 3rd year that she will probably end up with 3rd class. She should just tell her people. Nobody will kill her for getting 3rd class. I'll advice her to just face business of buying and selling or learn fashion designing. Hairdressing too is good. If she's hardworking she'll make millions with any of these options. School is not for everybody.

No if her dream is to work in Companies and formal organisations then she shouldn't give up. She could use her skill to get there. Your post suggests that a third class student isn't fit for such jobs which is a great form of discrimination. Like her friend said, she worked hard, sometimes we just get unfortunate in things, she might be very Intelligent

2 Likes

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2015
Abeg pass her rope to kill herself. Nansense!
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2015
godsveryown:
My friend has tried taking her own life since she graduated,after all d hard work and avoiding fun she ends up with a third class degree, she hasn't being able to tell her family her result because of the shame and reproach. With low self esteem, she is considering seeking admission to start over again or do a PGD. She despirately needs ur advise...
please tell her that d one and only #softapple of nairaland said: is the richest woman in Africa a graduate?

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by totoakins(m): 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2015
may she go for husband

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by MadCow1: 2:56pm On Mar 13, 2015
godsveryown:

We plenty wey Graduate together from School.. The guy wey graduate with 3rd class Don get better oil company job without Masters Degree..

The ones wey grad with first class and masters still dey hustle jobs..

What I have learnt is that life is not set in stone.. A 3rd class degree does not translate into joblessness or damnation.

1 Like

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by skibochi(m): 2:56pm On Mar 13, 2015
godsveryown:

Having a 3rd class is not the end of the world and she should not be sad about it. I had a 3rd class and by God's grace i am doing very well, infact most people with 3rd class usually excel more than others in the long run. What i will advice is she should go for a PGD or Masters immediately but it should be another course of study that will compliment the 1st degree. I went for straight masters in Unilag, i sat for the pre-admission exam passed very well and was admitted for the course i wanted. Doing this will give her a better chance of getting a job and also adding more value to herself. Even, most 2.1 or 2.2 candidates can barely speak good english in interviews so her case is not the worst.

3 Likes

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by nellycobs: 2:56pm On Mar 13, 2015
Abeg make I no speak am for beta oyibo becos i no sabi. One guy wey get 3rd class for my class na him get money pass everybody now. So carry that paper put somewhere and bring out the best in yourself.

godsveryown:

3 Likes

Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by melomelo: 2:56pm On Mar 13, 2015
Greedygut doesn't appreciate God. Let him commit suicide at once. No more comments.
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by 989900: 2:56pm On Mar 13, 2015
Mtcheeeeeew!
Re: She Is 23 And Graduated With A Thirdclass Grade With Suicidal Attempts by Egbagirl(f): 2:57pm On Mar 13, 2015
adeyiga3:
When u shud ve been readn u were busy flauntn ur boobs and ass shaggn the suga papi. Anyways killn ursef is not d end at least Bill Gate was a sch dropout na but u still graduated

Did you read the post? undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Law School Result: University Of Ibadan Produces 3 First Class Out Of Total Of 5 / Mmesomma Ejikeme Met With The Anambra State Commissioner For Education / Shooting At Igbokuta Model College In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.