Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,405 members, 7,853,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:13 AM

Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? (2832 Views)

Poll: Should parents/pastors be allowed to cancel a wedding involving their adult child?

Yes: 14% (1 vote)
No: 85% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

When Should Parents Let Teenagers Make Their Own Decisions? / Should Parents Tell Their Kids How Much They Earn?? / Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 2:43am On Jan 16, 2009
earTHMama:

The wedding in discussion was paid for completely by the groom and not his family yet his mother made sure they spoilt his happiest day in life .

Didn't she realise that she never liked the girl before, good enough to shag, not good enough to marry, some parents sha undecided

One of the rare occasion I might have to disown my mum if that happened to me and i would make sure I still attend that same church angry At least it would be the same pastor that would come and beg me to speak to my mum againand i would still have my husband cheesy

Heaven helps that church that don't reconcile us, I will make sure the whole word knows they only preach forgiveness, and don't practise it cheesy
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by Treetop20(m): 2:45am On Jan 16, 2009
earTHMama:

The wedding in discussion was paid for completely by the groom and not his family yet his mother made sure they spoilt his happiest day in life .
some mothers are really horrible
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by earTHMama: 2:46am On Jan 16, 2009
which one is marriage course?

A certification you need to get before getting married in the church. It's a 3 credit class and can be very tedious. Guys rarely pass it with good grades.
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by osisi2(f): 2:46am On Jan 16, 2009
I still say the man is not man enough.Is that the only church around?
Maybe after he marries,he'll first ring up his mama for permission before consummating the marriage
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 2:47am On Jan 16, 2009
Treetop20:

it is very easy for a woman to do this
much harder for a man

Aarrrgh, and this pisses me off so much, why can't men grow a spine when it comes to their mum angry
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by KarmaMod(f): 2:47am On Jan 16, 2009
Busy_body:

Didn't she realise that she never liked the girl before, good enough to shag, not good enough to marry, some parents sha undecided

I dont get it either. How do they wait til a few days or so to a wedding before they decide to voice their "dislike"
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by KarmaMod(f): 2:48am On Jan 16, 2009
**osisi:

Maybe after he marries,he'll first ring up his mama for permission before consummating the marriage

Lmao.
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 2:49am On Jan 16, 2009
**osisi:

Yeah, and i bet they have to schedule the lady to get pregnant at the time that it would be convenient for grandma, to have time to come and look after the baby, lol  grin
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by Treetop20(m): 2:51am On Jan 16, 2009
Busy_body:

Yeah, and i bet they have to schedule the lady to get pregnant at the time that it would be convenient for grandma, to have time to come and look after the baby, lol  grin
you lot are pushing it now cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by earTHMama: 2:52am On Jan 16, 2009
Didn't she realise that she never liked the girl before, good enough to shag, not good enough to marry, some parents sha
She did all she could to stop her son from marrying the girl but when she failed, she threatened to stop the wedding and succeeded even though the grooms family are not members of Christ Embassy. How the church honored their request beats me. Shouldn't the church be sued by the bride?
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 2:53am On Jan 16, 2009
KarmaMod:

I dont get it either. How do they wait til a few days or so to a wedding before they decide to voice their "dislike"

Some Naija parents are cruel, they would not even hide their dislike for you and would make snide remarks when you are around angry

A friend of mine dating this Delta guy for 3 years, received a call from the dude's mum out of the blue to tell her that as the son was the head of the household, they had chosen a wife for him from the village, she has not recovered to date embarassed
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by Treetop20(m): 2:54am On Jan 16, 2009
earTHMama:

She did all she could to stop her son from marrying the girl but when she failed, she threatened to stop the wedding and succeeded even though the grooms family are not members of Christ Embassy. How the church honored their request beats me. Shouldn't the church be sued by the bride?
so what is going to happen now?
are they going to the registry then?
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by Busybody2(f): 2:55am On Jan 16, 2009
Treetop20:

Silly question cheesy cheesy cheesy The dude is his mum's arsewipe wink
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by osisi2(f): 2:55am On Jan 16, 2009
earTHMama:

Did he pay tithes over there?
I hope he kept records
I'll ask for all my money back grin
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by Treetop20(m): 2:56am On Jan 16, 2009
Busy_body:

Silly question  cheesy cheesy cheesy The dude is his mum's arsewipe wink
nah they just need to go to court and get married
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by osisi2(f): 2:56am On Jan 16, 2009
what church cancels a wedding at the persuasion of a 3rd party?
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by osisi2(f): 2:58am On Jan 16, 2009
Treetop20:

nah they just need to go to court and get married

and he should impregnate the girl immediately with twin boys
that way her tap root is deep in that family
If the mother likes she can go jump into the lagos lagoon
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by earTHMama: 2:59am On Jan 16, 2009

Can his mom stop them legally at the registry this time because am tired of Naija law?
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by earTHMama: 3:00am On Jan 16, 2009
what church cancels a wedding at the persuasion of a 3rd party?

I heard that catholic, anglican and RCCG do that too. They can cancel or suspend your wedding at the request of either parent anytime.
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by Treetop20(m): 3:01am On Jan 16, 2009
earTHMama:

Can his mom stop them legally at the registry this time because am tired of Naija law?
no she cannot!

**osisi:

yes, get her pregnant immediately she put up a fuss
about the marriage. that would have shut her up
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by earTHMama: 3:02am On Jan 16, 2009

The get belle system is no more attractive nowadays because they can still leave you dry after getting knocked up. Too risky, no wedding band, no belle.
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by earTHMama: 3:04am On Jan 16, 2009

Did he pay tithes over there?
I hope he kept records
I'll ask for all my money back

You can't demand for your tithes back because they've been transfered into the BanC of Heaven, Swiss Branch unless you want to sue God for a refund.
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by osisi2(f): 3:04am On Jan 16, 2009
earTHMama:

The get belle system is no more attractive nowadays because they can still leave you dry after getting knocked up. Too risky, no wedding band, no belle.

I mean after the registry
as soon as they return,he should get to work!
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by earTHMama: 3:11am On Jan 16, 2009
I mean after the registry
as soon as they return,he should get to work!

Ok as long as he is not the likes of Pataki or Sauron because getting to work gives them heart attack. No be everything wey wear trouser na real man tongue.
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by osisi2(f): 3:14am On Jan 16, 2009
this your obsession with pataki and Sauron.
Biko pataki is spoken for
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by earTHMama: 3:22am On Jan 16, 2009
this your obsession with pataki and Sauron.
Biko pataki is spoken for

By who? Has he finally come out of the closet? tongue
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by Outstrip(f): 8:45pm On Jan 16, 2009
Is that the only church that they do weddings
Re: Should Parents/pastors Be Allowed To Cancel A Wedding? by AloyEmeka9: 10:27pm On Jan 16, 2009
Yes and yes. Imagine a suave young man that mistakenly fell in love with Tpia, won't you wish his parents would have the authority to stop the wedding before he signs his death warrant?. Especially if the boy is igbo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Bad Mouth Me A Lot To Her Parents And Siblings, What Should I Do? / Female In Interracial Marriage Or Relationship Meet Others For Friendships! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.