Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,707 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question (37224 Views)

If Your Mother Got Pregnant For Your Husband? / What Would You Do If Your Mother Did This To You(pics) / How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by cbrass(m): 12:52pm On Mar 16, 2015
coogar:

easy for you to say this.....
you especially would be worse than patience ozokwor when your son gets married.....

don't mind her
Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by sleemoon(m): 12:53pm On Mar 16, 2015
Khabuqi:

When husband and wife become one then the wife become his first priority then his children then family.

wtf ! Like seriously? no matter how connected me nd my wife are, my mum ll still be my numero uno priority...
Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 16, 2015
coogar:

easy for you to say this.....
you especially would be worse than patience ozokwor when your son gets married.....

Hahaha.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 16, 2015
This is my post on my marital advise thread
So I understand fully the situation of a woman who is pushed to ask her husband to choose.
Many people speaking her,speak out of ignorance so I excuse you
Unless you have been there,you have no clue
I also wrote that within a short while of meeting my hubby he told me his mom was a tough person
I was soon to find out what that meant.
This is my story.ait is hard to summarize 4 months into one post.it was torture.

babyosisi:
The day my mil landed in America I called all my friends to come welcome her,I got a cake and it had welcome to America on it
I cooked rice,baked chicken,made salad,bought drinks
We celebrated her arrival.
Next day Saturday I took her to a department store,bought her sweaters,blouses skirts and tights and shoes
I told her she was now in America,no more tying wrapper
I did for her exactly what I would do for my mom.
How did I get paid back ?
She complained about my soup
She complained about my stew
My sweet potatoes were too soggy
My soups had excess crayfish
My pounded yam was too soft
I could hardly do anything right
She complained I didn't greet her cheerfully
She complained my kids were not behaving well enough
I never ever responded to all these criticisms,I would talk to my hubby and he would be be mad at her
Then it got worse and worse
I would tell my mom and she asked me to just bear with her and not exchange any words with her
She bathed my son and he complained the water was to hot,I said politely,mama,come let me show you the temperature he is used to
I put water in the tub and wanted her to feel it,she flared up and said I was accusing her of wanting to kill her own grandson.
She started calling me names,there was nothing she didn't say
Reminded me she never liked me from day one
Said I was growing wings because I was brought to America ( not knowing that my own father bought my flight ticket and hubby refunded it later)
Surprisingly I still kept my cool and would tell my hubby all this in tears when he returned.
she didn't relent it got worse
I started staying in my bedroom and avoiding her
As soon as I came home and greeted her,I sat in my bedroom.then she will ask why I was hiding and continue the insult.
She accused me of turning her son into my maid and having him vacuum the floor and do laundry,saying what a bad woman I was.i never responded.
I was afraid to come home daily,I didn't know what was waiting for me.4 good months I went through this
Then one day my daughter who was just 6 was speaking to her friend on the phone while I was away and mama was babysitting.while she laughed and giggled with her friend Kayla,mama took away the phone and slammed it.
My daughter got angry and wanted to retaliate and all she could do was pick up mama's bible and throw it under the bed where mama couldn't reach it.
I came home that day all hell broke lose,she sang those deriding songs about how God will deal with her enemies
Mama called my daughter a lunatic in my face and told me she knows the lunacy came from my side of the family not hers and she went on and on and I had had it at this point,because I could handle her insult to me but not to my mom and dad I love greatly.
I never knew I could get that angry
I walked up to her face and dared her to call my family mad again and see if she will live to tell the story
At that point anger had welled up within me,I packed up her bags and threw them outside in the apartment corridor,in fear she ran out immediately because she knew at that point I was extremely upset and she thought I would hit her.i didn't thank God.
I locked the door behind me so she stayed out in the corridor.

I picked up the phone called my husband at work and asked him to come home immediately if he wanted to see his mom alive
I told him if he didn't come in 20 minutes.he will be taking her corpse home.
Little did I know I was pregnant at the time
My husband rushed back home,yelled at his mother after I told him everything,the mother started crying
From that day on I said no more,mama must go home enough is enough,I can't be this miserable in my own home.b
Later on the table turned
Mother and son became a tag team and I was now the enemy
I couldn't stay with her any longer,I couldn't concentrate,I was so stressed,my face filled with pimples, I sang it daily like a song that she must leave.the situation in the house was tense
She eventually did go home and my husband who had supported me previously seen all the verbal and emotional abuse I went through suddenly saw me as the evil woman that sent his mother home.
We stopped communicating,he stopped eating anything I cooked,his family was upset he allowed his wife send their mom home.
For months we lived this way
I contacted a good Kenyan friend of mine who had an extra room in her house,went and saw the room ,told him I was leaving,packed my bags.
Called a cab and when the cab arrived and called me on the intercom,my hubby answered and told the cab we were no longer needing him,the cab left.
Then we started to work on mending things.
It took a lot of work .

11 Likes

Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by Laid2001: 12:58pm On Mar 16, 2015
Mama or motherhood is an hardwired relationship, and wife is a software relationship.!!

A wife should never ask the husband to choose between his mom and her. She has automatically lost the battle.

The man never chooses his mum, It was the mum that chose him and Mum is forever. Wife can change via divorce and another person will be bearing or waering the ring shap shap now!!

The Mother is always the Mother but wife can become an eX.
Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by cbrass(m): 12:58pm On Mar 16, 2015
Flytefalls:

Anybody here spending time reading this thread should hold this post as the wisest. I feel the OP doesn't understand what her friend is experiencing, where is her empathy? Truth is, and will always remain, that many wives do feel their MIL's involvement in their marriage makes them feel somewhat redundant as a wife. Of course, this will bring up emotions. A women who utters such an ultimatum is probably not telling her husband to be rid of his mother; what woman who loves her husband would ever mean that? But through frustration, she is appealing to him to restore her role in the marriage as a man's wife/complement/partner.

Men, you're so quick to come on threads like this and hail the unbreakable bond you have with your mothers. It's a beautiful bond, but seriously consider this post I've quoted. When you choose to marry, then you have chosen to gain a wife; don't marry unless you are willing to respectfully hold your wife in the position your marriage vows dictate. Your mother is not your wife, and it's your responsibility to keep the roles separate, just as your wife needs to do the same regarding her own mother. There can be harmony between MILs and their DILs, but whenever there is not, look at yourself before you place blame elsewhere.

that post you have quoted is far from wisdom.... remember you will be a mother in-law too one day
Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 16, 2015
babyosisi:

You are being simplistic

If a man sees his mother acting badly,he should separate his wife from her by sending her back to her house.
Failing to do that is a failure on the husband's part to run his home
I believe if we undeestand other people wicknesses, and learn how to manage them, we can be able to cope with their bad xters.
Moreover some DIL should learn that You can allow your MIL into your house without allowing into your home.
Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
tivta:
. My brother, karma is a bittch that fuccks every one. What goes around comes back around. I pity all these women shouting "MILs" are bad, they too shall reap what they sow.

Most definitely! They'll surely reap what they sowed. Some ladies dont even want their mother in-inlaw alive. They wish she must be dead even before they get married to the man forgetting that same awaits them in the future.
Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by tivta(m): 1:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
Khabuqi:

The ancient concept of karma found in Hinduism and other traditions is far more complex than simply "what goes around, comes around". So Uncle tivta, forget that karma is real thingy.

In my opinion, when a man marries, his wife becomes his first priority. If a man is not ready for that commitment, then he should stay away from marriage. No be by force. Peace!
. Aunty, then what becomes the woman's first priority? The children? Yes karma is deep but the summary still remains"what ever a man does so shall it befall him times 10".
Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by TreQuartista: 1:08pm On Mar 16, 2015
coogar:

i have heard choose between me & your football club several times too. there's nothing you should not expect from nigerian women - many of them have the emotional maturity of a toothpaste!

shocked shocked

mogbe! grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
babyosisi:
This is my post on my marital advise thread
So I understand fully the situation of a woman who is pushed to ask her husband to choose.
Many people speaking her,speak out of ignorance so I excuse you
Unless you have been there,you have no clue
I also wrote that within a short while of meeting my hubby he told me his mom was a tough person
I was soon to find out what that meant.
This is my story.ait is hard to summarize 4 months into one post.it was torture.

I now understood your reason but sometime the case might not be upto that level and they will make the coment.
I thank God for ur maturity during those period atleast u never make such coment because you knew it 's not proper.
Take for instance i knew my Mom, her wickness is her mouth and i knew how i can handle her in such situation.
Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
cbrass:

hmm...sometimes I don't understand why we lie alot to ourselves on wedding day claiming to love our inlaws when we don't .

just Imagine my mum writing a letter to me on a visit and I will first have to ask for a clearance from my wife before she comes? ?? do you know how this woman suffered for me to be Where I am today? when i had issue with my leg,for complete 3yrs this woman backed me when I couldn't walk. and so many other things I can't say here.

I can barge in on my mum at any time and she will be glad to see me and why can't she do thesame too?

I believe if there is true love 10 ppl can live in a room meant for 5ppl. it's love that's absent in most homes today that's why fights come up between inlaws

I never said you should not love your mum. What I was saying is, once a man established his own family, he submits or gives importance to the light of the house which is his wife.(The wife should be his first priority) but he never throws out his responsibilities being a responsible son to his mother. A mother will always act as his guidance counselor but does not have the right to interfere with his sons decisions regarding family matters. As to the wife, she must set high respect on her husband's mother as she is the most influential woman on the life of her husband long before they've meet. Shikena.

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by virtousB: 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
greatgod2012:

thanks.
I'm proud to be an African woman.

Lol @ end time girls.
Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by cococandy(f): 1:16pm On Mar 16, 2015
[b]it all depends on the man. If your wife ever asks you to choose between her and your mom,then There is something you're not doing right as a man. My father will never come first before my husband. I will never allow the authority he has over me as a dad affect my relationship and respect for my husband. He(my dad) will never overstep his boundaries even though I will forever be his little girl.
He can't call the shots in my home when I have a man in my own home. He won't pry into stuff that is beyond his privacy security clearance grin.

Same as my mother.

If they tried to, I will respectfully let them know that a decision on the issue at hand will be reached based on what I agree with my husband on. And they will be absolutely fine and content with that. No grumbling or side talking about my husband with my siblings. Sowing seeds of hatred and discomfort towards the poor guy whenever he's in their midst. Nope they won't.

Now guys,why is it so hard for y'all to man up and lovingly respectfully put your parents especially moms in their place when it comes to your own immediate family? You fold your arms and watch things escalate until your wife is at the point of breaking then blame her for resorting to the only method that seems to get you to sit up. Ultimatums!

Please guys the only solution to this problem lies in your hands. Your mom will meddle as far as you let her. Mind you your wife has parents too. If every parents comes into the marriage to exert their authority, we will have four parents breathing fire and unease into a marriage already having its own issues to begin with. How will the marriage last?
If two people (husband and wife) can't get along superbly all the time, how do you expect them to fare when there is a third party forming protector of the weak always in their business making the other person feel sidelined?

Gentlemen, three is a crowd
[/b]

That said, OP that question is a rude one and not very diplomatic so I alongside you implore young ladies not to use it.
Doesn't solve the problem.

13 Likes

Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by enochogaga(m): 1:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
greatgod2012:

thanks and God bless you too.

See in some exceptional cases, where the mother was highly irresponsible and all the man had was his wife before the mother comes to beg his son for forgiveness. The man may prefer the wife to his mother, but i still maintain that the question should not be asked by the woman. And also, if the man's action confirms that the man prefer his wife t his mother, the wife should be careful not to be carried away with the euphoria, because, table can turn around o.
It is well.

No man prefer his wife to his mother. No matter how a mother is, her son still love her,
Pls the feelings or the love of a son toward his mother is nature oh , is not chemical reaction love we have for our galfriend or wife that can die anytime or wake anytime.
Pls take note
Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
chisom101:
Some mother in laws are just trouble some,and soo bitter I don't know why . my ex mother bath me with hot soup b/c there is no salt in her soup,even flog me .

Please take this irritating story outta here! Your MIL flogged and poured hot soup on you, are you a goat?? Wetin dey bring that kain rough play? You sef come still open mouth dey talk am.

Talk about zilch self worth. Mstcheeewww angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by JoeCutie(m): 1:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
Vickybee:

It seems all the guys on this thread(both married & unmarried) want to love their mummy than wife.

Well, it's girls that are getting theirselves worked up on trivial issues.

If I notice that my husband love his mother more than me and consult him before taking decisions, I'll love my daddy more than him too and consult him before taking decisions.

The feeling is mutual. angry
I think this love of a thing is more than how we view it sometimes. I think how much you love people again, has to do with how important they are to you. How valuable. If it's a wife who causes you pain all the time and without showing enough remorse, even if you have an impeccable and unquestionable love for her, it's only natural that this love would diminish or even die off over time.

It's easier to love our parents for the obvious reasons. With our partners, it's different, as there's no natural and biological inclination there. It's just a totally different journey - adventure - which the both of you have agreed to take up.

I for one, am hoping to love my mum and my wife equally. And I've every reason to... Unless any of them proves otherwise. smiley

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 16, 2015
tivta:
. Aunty, then what becomes the woman's first priority? The children? Yes karma is deep but the summary still remains"what ever a man does so shall it befall him times 10".

See this bobo dey call me aunty when I no be woman cheesy
Chaii!!!

The husband becomes the wife's first priority.

I never said you should not love your mum. What I was saying is, once a man established his own family, he submits or gives importance to the light of the house which is his wife.(The wife should be his first priority) but he never throws out his responsibilities being a responsible son to his mother. A mother will always act as his guidance counselor but does not have the right to interfere with his sons decisions regarding family matters. As to the wife, she must set high respect on her husband's mother as she is the most influential woman on the life of her husband long before they've meet. Shikena
Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by enochogaga(m): 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2015
A man that love or prefer his wife to his mother, i think sometime is wrong, like i said our love toward our wife is just a chemical reaction, but that of mother is nature,
Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by bukatyne(f): 1:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
TONYE001:
Right from the second we exchanged our vows, my wife became the first in any set if options....

Our God is not an author of confusion; as taught by the Bible, married couples should see themselves as one..how possible is it then for a person to choose someone else over himself?

The above logic does not imply that I do not have good parents as stated by someone up there. My parents are fantastic; they did a very good job bringing me up but no one can come before my wife. Simple.

I think situations like the OP narrated should be handled with wisdom without compromising your stance by reason of your marital vows.

A good wife or husband would not let issues deteriorate to the point where a spouse would have to make a choice between him/her and a parent.

May God help us all... smiley

Good one kiss

Any body who is NOT ready to place his wife/ her husband above everyone/thing else be it children, parents, relatives etc. Should not bother with marriage.

Your mother 's rightful place is beside her husband.

9 Likes

Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by toluleke(m): 1:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
Blood is thick than water,my wife no be my blood,my mum is my real blood I will happily,joyfully,gladly and with all I have pick my mother..I LOVE my mother..days we suffered,cry..single parenting no easy..one useless woman go come ask me that silly question in short..she can give me my children and go..

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by MissMakas(f): 1:31pm On Mar 16, 2015
JoeCutie:
I think this love of a thing is more than how we view it sometimes. I think how much you love people again, has to do with how important they are to you. How valuable. If it's a wife who causes you pain all the time and without showing enough remorse, even if you have an impeccable and unquestionable love for her, it's only natural that this love would diminish or even die off over time.

It's easier to love our parents for the obvious reasons. With our partners, it's different, as there's no natural and biological inclination there. It's just a totally different journey - adventure - which the both of you have agreed to take up.

I for one, am hoping to love my mum and my wife equally. And I've every reason to... Unless any of them proves otherwise. smiley
Well said. You're always on point. Nice points. smiley

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2015
cbrass:

that post you have quoted is far from wisdom.... remember you will be a mother in-law too one day

What's this supposed to be, a sort of threat or call for karma? Are you married? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by cococandy(f): 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2015
Phema:

Please take this irritating story outta here! Your MIL flogged and poured hot soup on you, are you a goat?? Wetin dey bring that kain rough play? You sef come still open mouth dey talk am.

Talk about zilch self worth. Mstcheeewww angry angry angry
well she said ex mom. So I'm guessing she left. Who would survive in such marriage kwanu?
Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by Juliesexy(f): 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
JoeCutie:

Correct!

Correct points from a correct guy. cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by toluleke(m): 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
cococandy:
[b]it all depends on the man. If your wife ever asks you to choose between her and your mom,then There is something you're not doing right as a man. My father will never come first before my husband. I will never allow the authority he has over me as a dad affect my relationship and respect for my husband. He(my dad) will never overstep his boundaries even though I will forever be his little girl.
He can't call the shots in my home when I have a man in my own home. He won't pry into stuff that is beyond his privacy security clearance grin.

Same as my mother.

If they tried to, I will respectfully let them know that a decision on the issue at hand will be reached based on what I agree with my husband on. And they will be absolutely fine and content with that. No grumbling or side talking about my husband with my siblings. Sowing seeds of hatred and discomfort towards the poor guy whenever he's in their midst. Nope they won't.

Now guys,why is it so hard for y'all to man up and lovingly respectfully put your parents especially moms in their place when it comes to your own immediate family? You fold your arms and watch things escalate until your wife is at the point of breaking then blame her for resorting to the only method that seems to get you to sit up. Ultimatums!

Please guys the only solution to this problem lies in your hands. Your mom will meddle as far as you let her. Mind you your wife has parents too. If every parents comes into the marriage to exert their authority, we will have four parents breathing fire and unease into a marriage already having its own issues to begin with. How will the marriage last?
If two people (husband and wife) can't get along superbly all the time, how do you expect them to fare when there is a third party forming protector of the weak always in their business making the other person feel sidelined?

Gentlemen, three is a crowd
[/b]

That said, OP that question is a rude one and not very diplomatic so I alongside you implore young ladies not to use it.
Doesn't solve the problem.

so I should lock out my family because I am married..my mum is old enough to give birth to her so she has to take my mum behaviour like she is her mother..the main key in marriage is endurance, understanding and wisdom...if I know you don't like something I would endure,not do what you don't and mingle with you with wisdom..telling me to choose that an insult and I am not her property.God should just give one a good wife..that can take you as you are..

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
This is my Prayer . . .

May I never put myself in a situation where my DIL will ask my own son to chose between me and her . . . embarassed

May I never come between my son and his wife . . . Shebi as my own hubby dey sweet me now, I no go let person pickin enjoy her own hubby because he is my son? undecided

May I contribute to bring joy into my son's marriage and not sorrow . . .

AMEN!!!

8 Likes

Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by bukatyne(f): 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2015
toluleke:
so I should lock out my family because I am married..my mum is old enough to give birth to her so she has to take my mum behaviour like she is her mother..the main key in marriage is endurance, understanding and wisdom...if I know you don't like something I would endure,not do what you don't and mingle with you with wisdom..telling me to choose that an insult and I am not her property.God should just give one a good wife..that can take you as you are..

I hope you are ready to take your wife as she is too?

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by enochogaga(m): 1:44pm On Mar 16, 2015
greatgod2012:

Leave the house and show that you're now a grown up man.
Leave, not abandon, not reject, not disobey, not dislike, not hate.
And remember, the same bible also says......."obey your mother and father in all things, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God has given you".
And this is the only command with promise o.

God as said it, u dont need prayer or laying of hands to live long on the earth, God said, still obey ur parent am telling u to leave for another country,if not short live ohhhhh
Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by Diogo1(m): 1:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
I appreciate the arguments of babyosisi and greatgod2012 and alot of other posters here.

I'll advise girls to work with the advice of greatgod when they start their married life.

Men please be the head of your families and take certain decisions. I've been married for over a decade now. When my mom points out the fault of my wife to me not to her, I simply acknowledge without pointing out more faults and tell her we will work on it. I have never told her any fault of my wife so she believes she is the best around.

My wife accords my mum much more respect than greatgod portrays. If you see how my relations relate with her eh, you will wonder. She speaks with my sister (only sibling) every day while we may talk just once in a week. The lesson here is come I and feel at home. For heavens sake it's your home.

I had a massive quarrel with my wife and she went to tell my mom. We obviously couldn't settle our differences between us. My mom immediately started having high Bp. She called me and sided with my wife without hearing my version (even though I felt I was right) which I refused to tell because I believe no one will adjudicate on my marriage issues. I know my sister will side her too. My dad just sent me a text 'I don't want to hear or know, just love your wife.'

Women remember you will later be mother in-laws and respect the boundaries of your children. When my mum wanted to come and settle the matter, I told her not to come and she respected my opinion. I thank God we've settled the issue now and good together.

I believe there are lessons to be learnt from my last week experience. Parents should learn to love their inlaws and vice versa.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by 400billionman: 1:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
That's maturity from you.

Congrats...
Re: Opinion: Choose Who You Want Between Me And Your Mother- Very Silly Question by TooNoisy(f): 1:51pm On Mar 16, 2015
Wedon:
This is my Prayer . . .

May I never put myself in a situation where my DIL will ask my own son to chose between me and her . . . embarassed

May I never come between my son and his wife . . . Shebi as my own hubby dey sweet me now, I no go let person pickin enjoy her own hubby because he is my son? undecided

May I contribute to bring joy into my son's marriage and not sorrow . . .

AMEN!!!

Amen o. May God bless you.

As I have asked before, how come it is only the husband's mother that is always bad. The wife's mother is an angel and will do no wrong. They set strict boundaries for the husband's mother but give their own mother free reign when she comes around.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Shares Photos Of Food His Wife Cooked For Their First Wedding Anniversary / Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears / US Woman Reunites With Daughter 70 Years After She Was Told She Died In Labour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.