Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. (14433 Views)

Atheists & Freethinkers: Please Expand Further On This. / Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 8:05am On Mar 30, 2015
davidylan:

which is odd considering the very idea behind atheism is that man just appeared out of nowhere and started existing... no origin, no purpose.
Do you know what a supernova is?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by thehomer: 9:42am On Mar 30, 2015
davidylan:

which is odd considering the very idea behind atheism is that man just appeared out of nowhere and started existing... no origin, no purpose.

Come on davidylan I'm sure you know better than that.

After all, one could say that your God appeared out of nowhere and started existing. No origin, no purpose. Does this make your God an atheist too?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 2:58am On Mar 31, 2015
This is insulting, to say the least.

So you, being the beautiful human that you are just appeared by chance and started existing?

No creator?

Other words, our cars, phones and machines have no manufacturers then.

Stup1d reasoning.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by davien(m): 10:15am On Mar 31, 2015
MzNelly:

So you, being the beautiful human that you are just appeared by chance and started existing?
This is a gross misrepresentation....
I was given birth to Mznelly and so were you.....you didn't just magically start existing did you?

No creator?
Apparently not.....and how are you certain it's only one?....using logic from your example below it takes a fleet of engineers to make all those things not just one person poofing phones and planes into reality.

Stup1d reasoning.
Actually your reasoning is the fallacious one here.....comparing abstract objects that were clearly designed and then comparing the human body as though people are cars that were assembled under an assembly line is not the least bit smart . undecided

3 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 31, 2015
davien:
This is a gross misrepresentation....
I was given birth to Mznelly and so were you.....you didn't just magically start existing did you?

Apparently not.....and how are you certain it's only one?....using logic from your example below it takes a fleet of engineers to make all those things not just one person poofing phones and planes into reality.

Actually your reasoning is the fallacious one here.....comparing abstract objects that were clearly designed and then comparing the human body as though people are cars that were assembled under an assembly line is not the least bit smart . undecided

Okay.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 31, 2015
MzNelly:

No creator?

Stup1d reasoning.

~ Was it the god that created phones and cars?
Your analogy is terrible

4 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 31, 2015

I was born and brought up a christian.
But I am not feeling the religious thingy.
There is just so much secrecy and hypocrisy. Its too complicated. The followers are blind to a lot and its really annoying

I believe there is God, but I find it hard to comprehend some of His actions as opposed to some

There is no god that controls the world/man. One thing you should note is we are nothing,so anything: bad or good can happen to anyone. Don't allow anyone to deceive you. Only few people gain so much from religion.

2 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 31, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ Was it the god that created phones and cars?
Your analogy is terrible

Just like a car can't create itself, a complex being like yourself isn't just brought about by chance.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 31, 2015
Darkrebel666:

There is God? ..what I wanna know is where he came from.

Plus many of the bible stories sound like Fairy tales...

I opened a thread last year asking how it was possible for Noah to gather all the animals in the world and fit them into that ark... but no one could explain

And by you should have realised that it was all a lie by a group of people to enrich themselves. These people didn't even know that actions would enrich their country. If rain fell for 40 days and nights, it would not fill half the earth.

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 31, 2015
MzNelly:

No creator?

Stup1d reasoning.

So you are saying a very powerful god came out of nowhere and created the universe.

He/she does not have a creator.

*** reasoning (I don't abuse people to win an argument)

2 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 31, 2015
MzNelly:

Just like a car can't create itself, a complex being like yourself isn't just brought about by chance.

Yes it can over millions of years!

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 31, 2015
theAtheist101:

So you are saying a very powerful god came out of nowhere and created the universe.

He/she does not have a creator.

*** reasoning (I don't abuse people to win an argument)

You're going through the Bible with a critical eye.

You're set on the belief that there's "No God", so further quoting me is pointless and a waste of your time and mine.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 31, 2015
theAtheist101:

Oh....okay. smiley
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 31, 2015
MzNelly:

Natural selection is not just a matter of chance. Yes, mutations are random. But that is the only random thing about evolution. Beyond that it is systematic, specific survival of the fittest.

The same natural selection that led to humans over the last 2.7 billion years can be seen today. Consider tuberculosis. Was it God that created the existence of the extensively drug resistant strain of TB? No, it was human medicines and the misuse of them.

2 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 31, 2015
Rainess:

Natural selection is not just a matter of chance. Yes, mutations are random. But that is the only random thing about evolution. Beyond that it is systematic, specific survival of the fittest.

The same natural selection that led to humans over the last 2.7 billion years can be seen today. Consider tuberculosis. Was it God that created the existence of the extensively drug resistant strain of TB? No, it was human medicines and the misuse of them.

You believe in evolution?

Lol. smiley
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 10:33pm On Mar 31, 2015
theAtheist101:

Dude you disappoint me, is car biological...

#Seriously

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 10:36pm On Mar 31, 2015
MzNelly:

You believe in evolution?

Lol. smiley
lmao... so you are taking on first cause argument with little atheist right? smiley

3 Likes

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 31, 2015
johnydon22:

lmao... so you are taking on first cause argument with little atheist right? smiley

I don't argue, Johnny.

You know me tongue
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 10:59pm On Mar 31, 2015
MzNelly:

I don't argue, Johnny.

You know me tongue

lmao... but thats what you came here to do... anyway its not an argument..

Can you and i have a discussion about it? smiley
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 31, 2015
johnydon22:

Dude you disappoint
me, is car biological...

#Seriously

Disappoint you? Why should you be disappointed about by another person's reasoning?

Biological what? Everything biological is made up of elements -- humans, animals and cars. Something that moves in the speed range of a car can evolve from something. Even elements do evolve with the right amount of heat.

I just hope you're not disappointed the more?
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 11:26pm On Mar 31, 2015
theAtheist101:

Disappoint you? Why should you be disappointed about by another person's reasoning?

Biological what? Everything biological is made up of elements -- humans, animals and cars. Something that moves in the speed range of a car can evolve from something. Even elements do evolve with the right amount of heat.

I just hope you're not disappointed the more?

You want to defend your analogy that a car (mechanical) object can go through natural evolutionary process? wow.

Your first and worst mistake is likening a car to biological organisms...

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 31, 2015
johnydon22:

You want to defend your analogy that a car (mechanical) object can go through natural evolutionary process? wow.

Your first and worst mistake is likening a car to biological organisms...

It doesn't necessarily have to be called a car. What does a car do? It just runs and some other stuffs that a man programmed into it.
Now, a man that can think of ways to combine components to make a car was created by evolution, then why not the "car" itself.

And note that man too is mechanised. We have our mechanisms: pump, gears, shafts and so on.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 11:37pm On Mar 31, 2015
theAtheist101:

It doesn't necessarily have to be called a car. What does a car do? It just runs and some other stuffs that a man programmed into it.
Now, a man that can think of ways to combine components to make a car was created by evolution, then why not the "car" itself.

**sighs** I give up abeg..

This guy is seriously trying to liken a biological being (living beings) to an abstract thing like a car? wooooooow... this is serious..

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 31, 2015
johnydon22:

I have updated it.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 11:40pm On Mar 31, 2015
theAtheist101:

I have updated it.

Answer me: Is car a living being or a biological organism?

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 31, 2015
johnydon22:

lmao... but thats what you came here to do... anyway its not an argument..

Can you and i have a discussion about it? smiley

Of course.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 31, 2015
johnydon22:

Answer me: Is car a living being or a biological organism?

No option in your statement. Biological and living are the same.
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 11:44pm On Mar 31, 2015
MzNelly:

Of course.

So what were you proposing... Asin your conviction.. lets take it one after the other.. smiley
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 11:45pm On Mar 31, 2015
theAtheist101:

No option in your statement. Biological and living are the same.
exactly, they are. . . so is car a biological being ??

1 Like

Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 31, 2015
johnydon22:

This guy is seriously trying to liken a biological being (living beings) to an abstract thing like a car? wooooooow... this is serious..
Re: Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. by johnydon22(m): 11:50pm On Mar 31, 2015
theAtheist101:

Abstract? Does trees have a heart or move? And yet you classify it as living things. So what is wrong with a car-like object?

Trees are living beings but a table made from trees is not a living being.. gerrit?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

DIG Haruna's Tragic Death Prophesied By?? Guess?? TB Joshua! / Why Is It That People Remember God When In Trouble? / $5,000 Stolen In Chris Oyakhilome's Vault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.