Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm (26742 Views)

Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest / Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. / My Cucumber Farm! Wonders Of Creation!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 11:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
This is frrom our first trip to Ogbomosho, myself and my production manager. We went to monitor the clearing of the Land by the bulldozer. In the next 3 weeks, you'll not recognise this place again because it will be full of watermelon and cucumber seedlings

1 Share

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 1:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
"Project Jireh goes over and beyond the 10 hectare investment in cucumber and watermelon.
We as a team are extremely keen to prove to Nigerian investors and entrepreneurs that the safest and fastest way to get high returns on investment is to invest in good agribusiness" - Jasper 2015
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Pavore9: 1:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
jasper7:
"Project Jireh goes over and beyond the 10 hectare investment in cucumber and watermelon.
We as a team are extremely keen to prove to Nigerian investors and entrepreneurs that the safest and fastest way to get high returns on investment is to invest in good agribusiness" - Jasper 2015

l suggest you do video recordings of each step of the way from the virgin land, the clearing, the planting through to harvesting and the end you edit and compress to a 15mins video as you would should surely need for future presentation when dealing with investors/donors. l was at a presentation hosted by an European foundation and young farmers who were seeking funding presented their farm videos, l recall a lyoung ady who was given a standing ovation as her farm is 100% organic as she started her farm on an infertile land and did amend the soil with red worms as they used to aid the decomposition of organic waste matter into castings (worm poop), which is rich in supportive elements that make it an excellent soil amendment.

Record your activities.

9 Likes

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 7:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
Pavore9:

l suggest you do video recordings of each step of the way from the virgin land, the clearing, the planting through to harvesting and the end you edit and compress to a 15mins video as you would should surely need for future presentation when dealing with investors/donors. l was at a presentation hosted by an European foundation and young farmers who were seeking funding presented their farm videos, l recall a lyoung ady who was given a standing ovation as her farm is 100% organic as she started her farm on an infertile land and did amend the soil with red worms as they used to aid the decomposition of organic waste matter into castings (worm poop), which is rich in supportive elements that make it an excellent soil amendment.

Record your activities.
I am loving this idea. A 15 minutes documentary on project Jireh. Thank God so far I have taken pictures and videos. I love this! As you just said this now, you opened my head to many ideas and opportunities. Thanks my oga! God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 10:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
Food business is a Serious Business. Eat Green, Live Long!
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 4:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
Let me just tell you a bit about project Jireh. Over the past few weeks, since I introduced project Jireh to the general public, there has been great reactions from people. It has been interesting, to say the least. But this investment opportunity is just a foundation of a much much more bigger thing to come.

Nigeria, has a lot of problems. we will all agree with that. But where others see problems, I see opportunity. Which means the greater the problem Nigeria is having, the more people make money from solutions. The only reason Globacom is as big as it is today in Nigeria is because Nigeria had a telecommunication problem (inefficiency of Nitel). Same can be said of the Dangote, Otedola, Jim Ovia and even Jason Njoku. This relates to what I call the "Rich Man Mentality".The Rich man sees a situation as an opportunity, he creates a Solution through goods or services and builds an empire selling these goods or services. The other person who has a "consumer mentality" sees a situation as a problem, complains to family and friends about the problem. And the family and friends suggest the Rich man's solution to him, he gladly pays for the service and remains eternally grateful to the "Rich Man" for providing a solution to such a problem. You see the cycle?

There are a lot of "problems" in Nigeria that's why Nigeria is producing new millionaires every day. I have spotted one of such problems in my field and sector. And that is "Food Safety".

How many times have you been disgusted by the way Food is Handled in your Local Fresh Food markets. The way the butcher handles meat? or the way the old mama handles the tomatoes or vegetables. The build up of germs in the fresh food we buy from the markets in Nigeria is quite alarming, comparing it to the way food is handled in other countries, you can't help but desire more from our fresh food and vegetable vendors. Also in the area of Health, How do I know which food was organically cultured? How do I know the chemical residue on the food I am eating? From the WHO "food safety" seminar, 40% of the sicknesses and diseases we suffer as adults can be linked to the chemical residue on the food we eat. Is it Possible to make an order of fresh food from the comfort of my home and have it delivered to me at my doorstep, without compromise? and lastly Can I Invest in agribusiness without necessarily being on ground in the farm?

These are some of the problems Jireh looks into solving. In order to build an empire in Nigeria through Healthy and hygienic food production, processing and distribution.

I shared the vision with Thai Agro about a year ago, and they have been working with my team to have a plan. We did all necessary research, survey and networking, for the past one year. And we have been able to breakdown the process into 7 great tasks. The first of which is to create a platform where people can invest and be guaranteed returns, in order to build the Jireh brand. Because, quite honestly, I don't need the investment as much as I need the investors. If I was doing this only for money, I could as well take a loan from the Bank Of Agric. with interest of 9% per annum. But the idea of the Jireh project will be lost in the making money process. We want to build a brand, everybody will be involved in. It cost more, but in the long run it will profit more.

This project will be worth billions by the time we will be in step 5. That's the empire we dream and are working towards. After our step 1 expires in 1 year's time. Those who started with project Jireh will be given first option to become shareholders in our company because we will be solving so many problems, people will need us on a daily basis in order to eat. By then, the potentials of the company will begin to shine through. For those who have paid and picked up the slots, I appreciate your trust and believe in the project.

And for those who are yet to redeem their slots, Think deep and review. I even encourage you to do due research. Please make sure you are convinced it's the right step before you take it. but do it fast, because investment closes on 17th April 2015. Hope to see you on the other side

Remember, Food Business is Good Business.
Regards,
Jasper

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by ibnhasan: 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
Hi Mr. Jasper what is the latest on this project?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 12:10pm On May 02, 2015
Investment is closed. work has started on the farm. we have had visits from some beautiful nairalanders. It's been interesting. Production manager will upload pictures soon.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by lekxyG: 3:26pm On May 02, 2015
Nice one bro, am also a farmer, I have access to more than 20 acres in Ago- Are Oyo state and also in Ilero still in Oyo state which to meet u in person soon
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 10, 2015
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by kazy01(m): 1:29am On May 11, 2015
Pls don't forget to upload the pictures of the work done on the farm
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Allikola(m): 7:25am On May 11, 2015
I'm intrested, can I still invest ? Kazeem 08031505760
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jaz(m): 2:25pm On May 11, 2015
I siddon for class dey watch in 10D. no blinking of eyes for class!
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Georgeoye: 4:09pm On May 11, 2015
I came across this thread and I am interested. How can I invest ? 08052812641
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by echoedwalls: 4:57pm On May 18, 2015
Pavore9:

l just love the seedless variety. Wishing you the best and may the project leap frog beyond your expectations.

The froggie looks scary!
Me no like it!
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by organicfoods(m): 6:37pm On May 18, 2015
Meanwhile tell a friend...

WWOOF Nigeria have finalised plans to bring international observers to certify farms in Nigeria with 60% soybean grown on them.

All certified organic soybean bean will be bought and exported at prevailing international market price from certified farms.

Hurry up now and get your farm certified organic and earn more.

NB: Farm land that have been treated with chemicals can not be used unless after 3 years.

For registration and participation, plus free information how to produce organic Pesticides for your farm.
Call
For details
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2015
How is the project going?

3 Likes

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jozef4links: 7:44am On Aug 02, 2015
Hello jasper7. I would like to contact to make some inquiries. Here's my jozef4links@yahoo.com and my phone number 07061355200. I'm interested in water melon and cucumber production. I stay around okigwe, Imo state
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 02, 2015
You've got everything but have forgotten to put the location and weather in consideration Which is the most important factor when it comes to watermelon unlike cucumber that may strive even in the south. I grew this crop twice at 2 different seasons without getting a matured fruit outta it luckily for me it wasn't grown for the fruit cheesy. Put that at the top of your list smiley

5 Likes

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
missgray:
You've got everything but have forgotten to put the location and weather in consideration Which is the most important factor when it comes to watermelon unlike cucumber that may strive even in the south. I grew this crop twice at 2 different seasons without getting a matured fruit outta it luckily for me it wasn't grown for the fruit cheesy. Put that at the top of your list smiley

are you into commercial farming?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
Not really, but I could fit into it smiley
coollabman:

are you into commercial farming?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 03, 2015
jasper7:
pls, can i get your email address
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Seun(m): 5:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
Wish we could have some pictures on the first page smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
Seun:
Wish we could have some pictures on the first page smiley

I don't think the crops did well. there was shortage of rainfall this year. it was not as abundant as expected. the pictures of this present project might be discouraging.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 03, 2015
coollabman:

I don't think the crops did well. there was shortage of rainfall this year. it was not as abundant as expected. the pictures of this present project might be discouraging.

Wow. Was it that bad? How do you know, though?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
Fortissimo:

Wow. Was it that bad? How do you know, though?
let's just say I am informed wink
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 04, 2015
coollabman:

let's just say I am informed wink

Hmmm. Does this mean the investment is ruined?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 4:21am On Aug 05, 2015
Fortissimo:

Hmmm. Does this mean the investment is ruined?

well, I can't really say that. let's just hope the investors were able to recover their capital back.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 4:56am On Aug 05, 2015
coollabman:

well, I can't really say that. let's just hope the investors were able to recover their capital back.

Wow. If I remember well, the investment period ends this August. Can Jasper come and clear the air on this? Where is he?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hello guys, just came in now to see this. cheesy. @coollabman. True to your words, the rain had caused a lot of hindrance at the initial stage. and we were not able to get the required quantity of water from the borehole guys. but we are developing an annex close to a dam, still in ogbomosho. and the project is moving great and still on course.
we have had our hands full on this one but the first thing you learn as a farmer is to always have a plan B.

The challenges were expected and we are doing great...

The annex is currently still very much under development, we have a target and we are sure going to meet up to it. That's the beauty of farming.

@Seun, as much as I'll love the thread on frontpage, I'll love it to be a lot later. after we have achieved a certain level of success.
But I promise to get one of my team members start updating pics as soon as possible. thanks for the support guys.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
jasper7:
Hello guys, just came in now to see this. cheesy. @coollabman. True to your words, the rain had caused a lot of hindrance at the initial stage. and we were not able to get the required quantity of water from the borehole guys. but we are developing an annex close to a dam, still in ogbomosho. and the project is moving great and still on course.
we have had our hands full on this one but the first thing you learn as a farmer is to always have a plan B.

The challenges were expected and we are doing great...

The annex is currently still very much under development, we have a target and we are sure going to meet up to it. That's the beauty of farming.

@Seun, as much as I'll love the thread on frontpage, I'll love it to be a lot later. after we have achieved a certain level of success.
But I promise to get one of my team members start updating pics as soon as possible. thanks for the support guys.

reassuring! cheesy but would like to see pictures to be fully convinced
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by zainabicy: 8:07am On Aug 06, 2015
missgray:

U r on point. I hav a friend farming on dier former location in dt town. She said that area ' e get as e b'. I hope dey really hav a planb as dey said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Orji Uzor-Kalu's Mega Farm In Abia State To Cost $400m / Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers / Man Ties Tree With Juju Cloth To Scare People, But See What Happened Next. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.