Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm (26740 Views)

Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest / Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. / My Cucumber Farm! Wonders Of Creation!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 06, 2015
Are you a farmer? cheesy
zainabicy:

U r on point. I hav a friend farming on dier former location in dt town. She said that area ' e get as e b'. I hope dey really hav a planb as dey said.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by phollar(m): 3:34am On Aug 08, 2015
Under the directions of our project Manager, who has effectively waived the non-disclosure clause in our memorandum of understanding. I have been authorized in my capacity as the production Manager of Project Jireh to Post a few details of our project and the Journey So Far. This and more, were planned to be published at the end of the project, but since questions are being raised and pictures are being asked for, the whole Jireh team, thought it wise to fill the public in on a short review of where we are, and what we are doing.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by ibnhasan: 2:38am On Aug 09, 2015
Good, the house is waiting
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by phollar(m): 9:55pm On Aug 09, 2015
The Journey so far:
  From day one, Jasper7 made it clear (in his words) "we all just bought a one way ticket to Ogbomosho, And the only way home would be success". Our project started on the 1st of May 2015 at our Farm site in Ogbomosho. We knew what we wanted to achieve, and in order to achieve it we needed a plan B, C or D as the case may be. and for the first month, we spent it not only working on our project, but also creating fall back plans. We got our Labor to work, start Land preparation as we got our borehole team to try and get us a borehole that would give us the necessary water we need (a cucumber and watermelon farm like ours needs at least 100,000 Litres of water per day to give maximum production). From the survey carried out on total Land Mass of over 20hectares,  we could not get  more than 15,000 Litres. These surveys cost both time and money which are both precious to us. We were directed to a "seasonal" the water body close to the farm that dries
during the dry season.And since there were no rains, it was just a big valley of dry ground with just little patches of water at irregular parts of the Land. We had our Lands ready, Beds made, Mulching film covered on the first part, we were waiting for rain or favorable news from our
borehole team but neither of the 2 were forth coming.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by phollar(m): 10:18pm On Aug 09, 2015
Time was running, so we had to move on to the plan B. Our Plan B was to move to a Land, with a huge water body (River, Ocean, Dam e.t.c) We got one, We Negotiated, We Paid for it and we have started work. Work is moving great and we are glad to say we are on course, the team is
working hard to deliver on Project.

3 Likes

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by greenmatorganic: 8:12am On Aug 15, 2015
jasper7:
Let me just tell you a bit about project Jireh. Over the past few weeks, since I introduced project Jireh to the general public, there has been great reactions from people. It has been interesting, to say the least. But this investment opportunity is just a foundation of a much much more bigger thing to come.

Nigeria, has a lot of problems. we will all agree with that. But where others see problems, I see opportunity. Which means the greater the problem Nigeria is having, the more people make money from solutions. The only reason Globacom is as big as it is today in Nigeria is because Nigeria had a telecommunication problem (inefficiency of Nitel). Same can be said of the Dangote, Otedola, Jim Ovia and even Jason Njoku. This relates to what I call the "Rich Man Mentality".The Rich man sees a situation as an opportunity, he creates a Solution through goods or services and builds an empire selling these goods or services. The other person who has a "consumer mentality" sees a situation as a problem, complains to family and friends about the problem. And the family and friends suggest the Rich man's solution to him, he gladly pays for the service and remains eternally grateful to the "Rich Man" for providing a solution to such a problem. You see the cycle?

There are a lot of "problems" in Nigeria that's why Nigeria is producing new millionaires every day. I have spotted one of such problems in my field and sector. And that is "Food Safety".

How many times have you been disgusted by the way Food is Handled in your Local Fresh Food markets. The way the butcher handles meat? or the way the old mama handles the tomatoes or vegetables. The build up of germs in the fresh food we buy from the markets in Nigeria is quite alarming, comparing it to the way food is handled in other countries, you can't help but desire more from our fresh food and vegetable vendors. Also in the area of Health, How do I know which food was organically cultured? How do I know the chemical residue on the food I am eating? From the WHO "food safety" seminar, 40% of the sicknesses and diseases we suffer as adults can be linked to the chemical residue on the food we eat. Is it Possible to make an order of fresh food from the comfort of my home and have it delivered to me at my doorstep, without compromise? and lastly Can I Invest in agribusiness without necessarily being on ground in the farm?

These are some of the problems Jireh looks into solving. In order to build an empire in Nigeria through Healthy and hygienic food production, processing and distribution.

I shared the vision with Thai Agro about a year ago, and they have been working with my team to have a plan. We did all necessary research, survey and networking, for the past one year. And we have been able to breakdown the process into 7 great tasks. The first of which is to create a platform where people can invest and be guaranteed returns, in order to build the Jireh brand. Because, quite honestly, I don't need the investment as much as I need the investors. If I was doing this only for money, I could as well take a loan from the Bank Of Agric. with interest of 9% per annum. But the idea of the Jireh project will be lost in the making money process. We want to build a brand, everybody will be involved in. It cost more, but in the long run it will profit more.

This project will be worth billions by the time we will be in step 5. That's the empire we dream and are working towards. After our step 1 expires in 1 year's time. Those who started with project Jireh will be given first option to become shareholders in our company because we will be solving so many problems, people will need us on a daily basis in order to eat. By then, the potentials of the company will begin to shine through. For those who have paid and picked up the slots, I appreciate your trust and believe in the project.

And for those who are yet to redeem their slots, Think deep and review. I even encourage you to do due research. Please make sure you are convinced it's the right step before you take it. but do it fast, because investment closes on 17th April 2015. Hope to see you on the other side

Remember, Food Business is Good Business.
Regards,
Jasper

I like your optimism, "I haven't read through all the thread before making this statement"
The business model you're proposing is quite great, you have done a lot of work on yourself other than on your offering, which makes you one third the ideal person to invest in.

Other factors still needs being considered. However your strategy is stealtish and well thought out regards food labelling, toxin residue, organic composition of the food we eat.

The market environment we buy food, food handling, method of food storage and types of vehicle or the conditions of vehicles used for agro produce distribution.

Then direct distribution to ensure maximum ROI & ROCE so the middle men are cut off, which makes agro produce cheaper, healthier because its hygienicly packaged.

Collectively, having your type of doggedness. I get frustrated with the house of assembly & reps "legislators" because it's their job to make these things you talk about criminal offences for selling food or agro produce in a filthy environment, same as criminalizing non food safety adherence practices while selling food or displaying them without labelling or knowing what goes into our food in Nigeria.

Something similar to your concerns is what NAFDAC is doing in the pharmaceuticals, food & beverage industry. Perhaps, they need to upscale or widen their operations to Agro Produce. However, that might be punitive for small holders like most farmers on here. We all might need to start paying thousands of Naira for certification or operational permits.

The seeds, herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers all used fir Agro produce are contributory causes of illnesses and premature deaths, one of the global brands behind these products is a conpany called #Monsanto, they are investing heavily in Nigeria because they know we are very relaxed on food legislation and most consumers choose to be ignorant on what choices they make with food.

In a nutshell, you have a great idea which aligns with my goals and passion. However, the govt has a key role to play in all of this and all the farmers and enthusiast are needed to form lobby groups to press for these things and granted the rights to implement these REFORMS.

I would like to change the way Mile12 is operated and unionism, which doesn't re-invest in the market which is run by illetrates, same as Oko Oba Abattior, same as other similar food markets around Nigeria. I would even want to see New markets opened by the educated, run with a different model. There is a small private produce market in Sabo\Akoka axis by Unilag that's very neat, well laid out, but very intimidating because its very unusually clean for a market, which gives the impression the produce there would be way over priced.

The graduates can be allowed to build new modern markets which has capacity to scale in the future with modern equipment and use of technology.

We need lobbyist for change. Our own farm project is going at a pace, currently our model isn't opened up to the public as yet, we still learning and @Op here is a great person both to trust and learn from. Currently, we running cash crops market and once a model is established by controlling 50% of the market share and have a POC that's replicable we would give a shout out to those that want to invest for a yr minimum.

Also, we might collaborate with Jasper7 to introduce Agtech paired with crowd funding to leverage and bring REFORMS to the food value chain in Nigeria.

This thread has really inspired me. @Jasper7 PM me,

Many thanks

3 Likes

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by greenmatorganic: 10:05am On Aug 15, 2015
Where can one buy Mulching film in Nigeria, or is it just a case of using polyethylene films?

Please any pointer in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
When does the investment period end?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by atuagbo: 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
@Jasper7, do you still have any slot left, am interested and want to be part of this investment.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
atuagbo:
@Jasper7, do you still have any slot left, am interested and want to be part of this investment.

its too late!
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by atuagbo: 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2015
coollabman:

its too late!
No problem, thanks.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by solbash11(m): 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2015
coollabman:

its too late!

atuagbo:

No offence, but it would have been lot better if Jasper7 answers the question, since the question was thrown to him directly.

1 Like

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 1:38am On Sep 05, 2015
jasper7:
oya, whatsapp me.
What's your whatsapp number, or you can add me with 08069531747.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by oyediranniyi: 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
Oh I missed out, when is the next investment phase coming up, or can I still be squeezed into this
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by oyediranniyi: 11:48am On Sep 10, 2015
jasper7:
"Project Jireh goes over and beyond the 10 hectare investment in cucumber and watermelon.
We as a team are extremely keen to prove to Nigerian investors and entrepreneurs that the safest and fastest way to get high returns on investment is to invest in good agribusiness" - Jasper 2015
Oh I missed out, when is the next investment phase coming up, or
can I still be squeezed into this!. 08063009334
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 9:14am On Sep 26, 2015
oyediranniyi:

Oh I missed out, when is the next investment phase coming up, or
can I still be squeezed into this!. 08063009334
Phase 1 is almost done and dusted! Investors are getting ready for pay out. Once phase 1 investors are paid out, phase 2 will commence.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by oyediranniyi: 7:13am On Sep 27, 2015
jasper7:

Phase 1 is almost done and dusted! Investors are getting ready for pay out. Once phase 1 investors are paid out, phase 2 will commence.

Ok will be waiting patiently, but meanwhile pls add me on the whatsapp group: 08063009334
Thanks.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by oyediranniyi: 7:21am On Sep 27, 2015
jasper7:

Ok will be waiting patiently, but meanwhile pls add me on the whatsapp group: 08063009334
Thanks.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Parisfran(f): 8:53am On Sep 27, 2015
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Parisfran(f): 8:53am On Sep 27, 2015
Why is irrigation such an unimaginable thing in this country sef?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by REUBEN010(m): 9:11am On Sep 27, 2015
I'm interested in investing in the second phase. pls relay the information in this thread when it is due.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Gbengawate(m): 12:23am On Sep 28, 2015
Please l need good cucumber seeds asap, where and how can l get. Thanks
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by blueblood1(m): 7:57am On Sep 28, 2015
Hello Jasper. I'd like to be part of the second phase. Kindly add me to the WhatsApp group 08053001608. Thanks
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 23, 2015
Any update?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Davochii(m): 1:11pm On Oct 24, 2015
jasper7:

My brother, the cost of vegetables and fruits now is quite scandalous. This must turn to good news for farmers and not only sellers.

I am raising a marketing team that will deliver to the retailers at their stores on a pay on delivery basis.

The specie of watermelon I am planting is the sweetest I have tasted. and I am ordering the seed from Thailand
employ my services to deliver the best marketing services for ur ventures.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Lawdamy: 9:10am On Nov 04, 2015
Watermelon will be available for sale in November ending.. its just 1000 ridges .available in Oyo state ,the product can be transported to anywhere depending on our bargaining. Any potential and interested buyer should show up here.. Name : lawrencium Agroconcept location: Oyo state capacity: 1000 ridges plantation product: watermelon contact:09038819790 Thanks
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Lawdamy: 9:10am On Nov 04, 2015
Watermelon will be available for sale in November ending.. its just 1000 ridges .available in Oyo state ,the product can be transported to anywhere depending on our bargaining. Any potential and interested buyer should show up here.. Name : lawrencium Agroconcept location: Oyo state capacity: 1000 ridges plantation product: watermelon contact:09038819790 Thanks
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 2:01am On Dec 18, 2015
Phase 2 is opening in January. we are currently conducting the last harvests on phase 1. the first batch in phase 1 have been paid, the 2nd batch are getting set. But before you entrust your money into Jireh 2. Read the report on Jireh1 here: https://www.nairaland.com/2781897/learn-success-well-mistakes
If you're still interested, then PM me for more info.

cc blueblood1, reuben010, oyediranniyi, atuagbo
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 2:20am On Dec 18, 2015
Here are some pictures from Phase 1. grin cucumber

1 Like

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 2:23am On Dec 18, 2015
yard long green beans. A bag of this goes for between 6-10k Naira depending on the season cool

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 2:27am On Dec 18, 2015
our main aim and plan is to improve everyday, every week, every month and every phase until there's no more room for improvement. knowing fully well that "perfect" is only an illusion. We will not go 2 sleep until our desires and dreams are achieved.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Ufeolorun(m): 3:49am On Dec 18, 2015
phollar:
The Journey so far:
  From day one, Jasper7 made it clear (in his words) "we all just bought a one way ticket to Ogbomosho, And the only way home would be success". Our project started on the 1st of May 2015 at our Farm site in Ogbomosho. We knew what we wanted to achieve, and in order to achieve it we needed a plan B, C or D as the case may be. and for the first month, we spent it not only working on our project, but also creating fall back plans. We got our Labor to work, start Land preparation as we got our borehole team to try and get us a borehole that would give us the necessary water we need (a cucumber and watermelon farm like ours needs at least 100,000 Litres of water per day to give maximum production). From the survey carried out on total Land Mass of over 20hectares,  we could not get  more than 15,000 Litres. These surveys cost both time and money which are both precious to us. We were directed to a "seasonal" the water body close to the farm that dries
during the dry season.And since there were no rains, it was just a big valley of dry ground with just little patches of water at irregular parts of the Land. We had our Lands ready, Beds made, Mulching film covered on the first part, we were waiting for rain or favorable news from our
borehole team but neither of the 2 were forth coming.

Out of curiosity, don't you think these plastic film can increase soil temperature hence increase transpiration which eventually increase your watering needs. Thanks .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Orji Uzor-Kalu's Mega Farm In Abia State To Cost $400m / Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers / Man Ties Tree With Juju Cloth To Scare People, But See What Happened Next. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.