Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm (26743 Views)

Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest / Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. / My Cucumber Farm! Wonders Of Creation!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Marriott1980(m): 9:01pm On Jan 07, 2016
@jasper7 this is my first time of coming across your thread and i read from page 1 to the end, while reading it my head was about exploding because i just fell in love with everything you do and the whole process. This is what i have always wanted for Nigeria as regards agriculture, if educated people like you can go into agriculture, then the future of agriculture in Nigeria is bright.

As someone that live in the unuted states, i go to the fruit market and i weep for Nigeria because of the infrastructure and how they keep everything and everywhere clean and neat. im in the process of buying land in America to start my own farming too.

This is all i wanna say, as regards the processing and packaging using crates, its a wonderful idea and a great development. However, if you need anything from here in the states to help you with the proper packaging of your products and technical know how of how they store their vegetables and fruits here that makes it available all year round, dont hesitate to ask and i will do my best to help you out with it.

God bless you real good and i wish you all the best.

5 Likes

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Newway2(m): 5:17am On Jan 08, 2016
Bro, With this submission, we may like collaborate on some ideas & project. Fingers crossed. Am following you.

Marriott1980:
@jasper7 this is my first time of coming across your thread and i read from page 1 to the end, while reading it my head was about exploding because i just fell in love with everything you do and the whole process. This is what i have always wanted for Nigeria as regards agriculture, if educated people like you can go into agriculture, then the future of agriculture in Nigeria is bright.

As someone that live in the unuted states, i go to the fruit market and i weep for Nigeria because of the infrastructure and how they keep everything and everywhere clean and neat. im in the process of buying land in America to start my own farming too.

This is all i wanna say, as regards the processing and packaging using crates, its a wonderful idea and a great development. However, if you need anything from here in the states to help you with the proper packaging of your products and technical know how of how they store their vegetables and fruits here that makes it available all year round, dont hesitate to ask and i will do my best to help you out with it.

God bless you real good and i wish you all the best.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Marriott1980(m): 2:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
Newway2:
Bro, With this submission, we may like collaborate on some ideas & project. Fingers crossed. Am following you.

Sure no problem bro
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Newway2(m): 5:00pm On Jan 09, 2016
On a 2nd thought, do u know the materials used in the construction of this vegetable cooler? I can identify palm front, jute bag & PVC pipe around it. Are any other thing am missing? How can one make water to drop on d jute bag?

This Is usefull for small Holden farmers. But it can actually be resized to accomodate more vegetables.

baba11:
My fear is preservation... ain't going to go bad in some days' time after harvest?

Something like this constructed under a tree or shade to serve as a local refrigerator unit for rural areas without access to electricity as it only needs water to maintain a cool temperature inside, have the cucumbers packed in the plastic crates and placed inside it and it would extend its freshness for over a week after harvest.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by baba11(m): 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2016
Newway2:
On a 2nd thought, do u know the materials used in the construction of this vegetable cooler? I can identify palm front, jute bag & PVC pipe around it. Are any other thing am missing? How can one make water to drop on d jute bag?

This Is usefull for small Holden farmers. But it can actually be resized to accomodate more vegetables.

May be in future,I will know better but right now...I'm not a practising farmer...I'm just passionate about the whole things! grin
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Newway2(m): 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2016
Which site did u get d pix of d cooler from?

baba11:

May be in future,I will know better but right now...I'm not a practising farmer...I'm just passionate about the whole things! grin
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by baba11(m): 6:33am On Jan 10, 2016
Newway2:

It's not my doing?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Pavore9: 12:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
Newway2:

I did the posting of the cooler, More of it at http://koboideas..co.ke/2014/10/local-refrigeration.html

1 Like

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 11:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
Jireh 2 is on already. Thank God for his mercies. My Yoruba associates just christened me OluwaJasper... Beautiful name. grin

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by teeone02(m): 9:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
@Jasper7, great courage and determination you have got. Well done

To be sincere, organic agriculture is the way to go but can this be truly sustainable without integration? I doubt it.
The agriculture of our time needs an holistic approach, putting into consideration a the elements of nature (that is dancing with nature).
I assure you that with (authentic technology) you will be smile all day long. Why? because you will be producing more with less.

I salute your courage. wink
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2016
teeone02:
@Jasper7, great courage and determination you have got. Well done

To be sincere, organic agriculture is the way to go but can this be truly sustainable without integration? I doubt it.
The agriculture of our time needs an holistic approach, putting into consideration a the elements of nature (that is dancing with nature).
I assure you that with (authentic technology) you will be smile all day long. Why? because you will be producing more with less.

I salute your courage. wink
Thank you very much sir. I appreciate your comment. You are msking a lot of sense in your comment.

Here is what some budhist monks who are 100% organic farmers in thailand taught about organic fertilizer and pest control.

UPDATE 3........
FERTILIZER AND PEST CONTROL.
My lectures are inside a Buddhist community. They are Vegetarians. Don't keep or eat animals of any kind. They believe in natural farming(organic). This village has practiced it for forty years and have amazing stories. They have varieties of organic fertilizers. Taught simple ways to produce yours.
Note the following points about pests according to them.( I am prepared to try everything)
# The closer your soil is to nature, the fewer pests...... Nature breeds some good worms, insects who naturally feed on pests but we destroy them through bush burning or chemical pesticides or herbicides.
# Plants in the forest don't have pest attack/or as much. Why. Think.
# Some plants protect others. There are more pests in single cropping than mixed cropping.
# There will be more pest when a crop is repeated on same soil.
# The organic pesticide doesn't kill pest but drives them
# There are local ways to drive them..... Use those ways but first let the soil be treated. Our soil need to be recovered.
# already made organic pesticide is available.
# When the soil is fully recovered, pest attack and diseases will reduce.

2 Likes

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by teeone02(m): 5:08pm On Feb 06, 2016
You are on the right path.
congrats

[quote author=jasper7 post=42656732]
( I am prepared to try everything)
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by mrvitalis(m): 6:09am On Feb 07, 2016
Boss please I want to ask... What do u think would he the viability of large scale pawpaw farming in state like... Osun or ogun or oyo with the main aim of supplying lagos??
Please boss reply
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 8:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
mrvitalis:
Boss please I want to ask... What do u think would he the viability of large scale pawpaw farming in state like... Osun or ogun or oyo with the main aim of supplying lagos??
Please boss reply
Looks good to me
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by mrvitalis(m): 11:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
jasper7:

Looks good to me
Thanks boss I hope to serve in ogun or Osun state next year... So I hope to rent some hecters to plant it... I would be needing ur help sha.. In respect of land clearing, irrigation and marketing sir
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by kniru: 11:13am On Feb 09, 2016
Oluwa Jasper!!!! chai..d last time i read this post was last year, i regret not being part of it then. what you are doing with those acres is encouraging.....the year is still new and i don't mind being part of Jireh 2 like you call it. maybe i could get an email address or a number so we can talk that's if you don't mind oo..would want to be involved this year.... kelechi ifediniru @yahoo.com is my mail..hope to get urs.

God bless you man.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Aimwest(m): 10:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
Please house how do I get a varieties of water melon seeds that is good for sowing
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by horlasunkanmi(m): 4:17pm On Feb 15, 2016
pls with the look of things now,when do you think is appropriate to plant water melon in osun state for someone that cannot afford irrigation and also want to plant watermelon
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by GOM2016: 7:04pm On Mar 17, 2016
@jasper7 kudos for the good job you are doing sir, how can one ascertain the fertility/suitability of a farm land for cucumber or watermelon?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by anthney87: 7:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
pls jasper in want to know how I can get the seedless watermelon to plant since I want to go into a mini agri biz as a starter
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jephito(m): 9:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
I ve been sourcing for Tokyo F1 and it seems it's scarce. Is there anyone here who knows where I can get it here in Lagos? Or what I s the best alternative should I don't see the Tokyo F1? For watermelon, which is the best and marketable variety and where can I get it?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Soloxam(m): 9:32am On Mar 31, 2016
jephito:

I ve been sourcing for Tokyo F1 and it seems it's
scarce. Is there anyone here who knows where I
can get it here in Lagos? Or what I s the best
alternative should I don't see the Tokyo F1?
For watermelon, which is the best and
marketable variety and where can I get it?
I just reply your request on the other thread. call the line on my signature.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by thelicious: 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2016
@jasper7 I would like to invest, how do I reach u
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Agromillions: 12:22am On Jul 21, 2016
Hello NairaLanders,

In this era of "Change" and Economic Recession, where Banks and corporate organizations are continuosly downsizing while MORE graduates are still graduating in hope that they secure a well-paid job.
If you are still searching to be employed, you are at big risk, its a 20% chance!
Also, if you are proud and satisfied by your current salary, you are a big joker (apologies for the statement) because the over 3000 Banks staff laid off did not get replacement.

But I will advise that you seek to be SELF EMPLOYED and PART-TIME employed by others so the coming recession predicted will not meet you in shock- Oh, I had known...

If you listen to the News, Fed Govt is in full support of AGRICULTURE afterall, we all started from their and na their we go end up when Petrol don diminish value finish. *Gbam!*

You can still end this year better than you started.
Join millions of MODERN AGRIC INVESTORS in the NIGERIA 1-MILLION AGRO-MILLIONAIRES Workshop 1.0 and learn how to use less than N50,000 to earn about N600k to N1million within 3months WITHOUT HOE or CUTLASS.

DON'T JUST PRAY, FAST, HOPE, BEG OR WISH TILL THE END OF THE YEAR, DO SOMETHING!!!

To see evidences for yourself, click the link below:
www.agromillions.com

Thank you
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 10, 2016
jasper7:
Last week, when I came back to owerri, I went to the market, to buy some fruits for my fridge. The Lady selling the fruits told me the small ball of watermelon I was pricing was N500. I was flabbergasted! Is this not the same watermelon that is sold for N100 in wholesale?

It got me angry, and I made up my mind that my watermelon farm that I have been delaying for so long must start up immediately.

Also, my cucumber has been in demand of recent, naturally I sell my cucumber within imo state, but now I am getting calls from Rivers, Delta, Abia, Edo and Cross River states for supply and my little 2hectare farm can no longer meet up with the demand.

So, I have decided to take the bull by the horn now, I have secured 20 hectares in the Hastom Green City at Ogbomosho, Thanks to Hotmas911.

The Land has been cleared, we are moving in next week for Land preparation.

Everything is set. The market, Labour, technical team and Land. the only thing that is left is the farm input.

I am taking up 10hectares personally, and opening up the remaining 10hectares for interested investors.

The ROI is a minimum, or over 50% in 5 months.

If you know me well, you'll know that I say only what I am sure of

I want to invest in your watermelon farm. How do I go about it? You can reach me on: ayasunday1910@gmail.com
Or
08020949514 (Watsapp, call, text)
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
jasper7:
Jireh 2 is on already. Thank God for his mercies. My Yoruba associates just christened me OluwaJasper... Beautiful name. grin

What's the fabric/polythene coverings for??
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by lanre2009: 3:53am On Sep 03, 2016
It controls/reduces the growth of weeds

SnowJay92:

What's the fabric/polythene coverings for??
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Sacelfarms: 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
WELLDONE @JASPER

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Orji Uzor-Kalu's Mega Farm In Abia State To Cost $400m / Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers / Man Ties Tree With Juju Cloth To Scare People, But See What Happened Next. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.