Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm (26741 Views)

Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest / Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. / My Cucumber Farm! Wonders Of Creation!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 7:36am On Dec 18, 2015
Ufeolorun:

Out of curiosity, don't you think these plastic film can increase soil temperature hence increase transpiration which eventually increase your watering needs. Thanks .
Ermmm, yes you are right. But the evaporation that will take place from the soil without the mulching is usually more than what you lose through transpiration

2 Likes

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Ufeolorun(m): 3:50pm On Dec 18, 2015
jasper7:

Ermmm, yes you are right. But the evaporation that will take place from the soil without the mulching is usually more than what you lose through transpiration
thank you sir for the answer. I am not questioning the importance of mulching rather wondering maybe, organic mulch( grass clippings,sawdust/wood chip,ricepads, coconut bark/coco coir) could be more appropriate for a tropical weather like ours - we can protect the soil from direct sun exposure and also have neglible rise in soil temperature and probably, drive down your water needs
my last digressive question so as to stop distracting from the purpose of this thread- for the project of this size can you successfully use organic mulch instead of the plastic/would you consider it ?

Thank you.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by greenmind(m): 1:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
I'll like to see and taste the seedless water-melon and show-off with it in the presence of my family (We love watermelon).

I am also interested in this investment package. I understand the 2nd phase will be opening in January. Please I need to know what is required of me to partake. Thanks.
jasper7:

Amen sir.... The seedless watermelon is amazing. very interesting and not available yet in Nigeria. so mine will be the first of its kind cheesy. you know me, I like to do my things special.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by greenmind(m): 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2015
Once invested, is the payout once or continually re-invested until investor wishes to pull out.
jasper7:
Phase 2 is opening in January. we are currently conducting the last harvests on phase 1. the first batch in phase 1 have been paid, the 2nd batch are getting set. But before you entrust your money into Jireh 2. Read the report on Jireh1 here: https://www.nairaland.com/2781897/learn-success-well-mistakes
If you're still interested, then PM me for more info.

cc blueblood1, reuben010, oyediranniyi, atuagbo
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 9:52pm On Dec 21, 2015
Ufeolorun:
thank you sir for the answer. I am not questioning the importance of mulching rather wondering maybe, organic mulch( grass clippings,sawdust/wood chip,ricepads, coconut bark/coco coir) could be more appropriate for a tropical weather like ours - we can protect the soil from direct sun exposure and also have neglible rise in soil temperature and probably, drive down your water needs
my last digressive question so as to stop distracting from the purpose of this thread- for the project of this size can you successfully use organic mulch instead of the plastic/would you consider it ?

Thank you.
yes! if readily available, I think organic mulch is the way to go. because at the end, it turns into Manure for the crops!
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2015
greenmind:
Once invested, is the payout once or continually re-invested until investor wishes to pull out.
Right now, the contract is 6 months, with room for extension. depending on the agreement between the parties involved. Most of Jireh 1 members are already in Jireh 2.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by greenmind(m): 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
I am interested. What is the requirement(s) for participating in the 2nd phase investment package?
jasper7:

Right now, the contract is 6 months, with room for extension. depending on the agreement between the parties involved. Most of Jireh 1 members are already in Jireh 2.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 4:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
greenmind:
I am interested. What is the requirement(s) for participating in the 2nd phase investment package?
send me a PM
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 6:16pm On Dec 25, 2015
pictures.... bountiful harvest cheesy

1 Like

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
Correct! I need to visit this farm oh.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
pictures.... Farm... Not the best year, but God is still faithful smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 6:21pm On Dec 25, 2015
Fortissimo:
Correct! I need to visit this farm oh.
you are highly welcome o. My oga at the top cool
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Biimz: 9:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
This is impressive regardless of what you say Mr Jasper. Well done!
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by weimar: 5:12am On Dec 27, 2015
Mr. Jasper can you provide me with your email address, I want to email about my interest in investing in your project. I think it is a wonderful plan to help us with investment options.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 6:06am On Dec 27, 2015
weimar:
Mr. Jasper can you provide me with your email address, I want to email about my interest in investing in your project. I think it is a wonderful plan to help us with investment options.
you can send to investjireh@gmaildotcom
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 6:07am On Dec 27, 2015
Biimz:
This is impressive regardless of what you say Mr Jasper. Well done!
I still hope to improve and make it more "impressive"

2 Likes

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Biimz: 5:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
When you stake the chuke like that, how do you weed?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Newway2(m): 7:25am On Dec 28, 2015
STANDARD SELLING CRATES
Yes very bountiful harvest indeed. Oga @Jasper7, I blv with this bountiful harvest, Jireh1 shld hv been dictating how to sell. I blv selling our farm harvest in bags shld be discountinued with. Let's come up & sell in standard crates that will show that Agric is becoming refined & better. If ALL new young farmerprenurs embrace the new selling crates, market pple will have no choice than to accept it. Let come up with (we can adopt & adapt) selling crates for our farm produce. Oga @pavore9 cld help us by sending pix of standard selling crates being used in Kenya.

jasper7:
pictures.... bountiful harvest cheesy
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Pavore9: 9:13am On Dec 28, 2015
Newway2:
STANDARD SELLING CRATES
Yes very bountiful harvest indeed. Oga @Jasper7, I blv with this bountiful harvest, Jireh1 shld hv been dictating how to sell. I blv selling our farm harvest in bags shld be discountinued with. Let's come up & sell in standard crates that will show that Agric is becoming refined & better. If ALL new young farmerprenurs embrace the new selling crates, market pple will have no choice than to accept it. Let come up with (we can adopt & adapt) selling crates for our farm produce. Oga @pavore9 cld help us by sending pix of standard selling crates being used in Kenya.

I guess these can help.

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Pavore9: 9:14am On Dec 28, 2015
More.

The second and third pictures is of a supermarket where the farm produce ends up at. Pick whatever you want, go to to the counter and weigh it. A kilo of Okro costs about N230, l just picked the quantity l wanted which weighed 278grams and paid only 32 Kenya shillings (N64)

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by witbranch: 11:42am On Dec 28, 2015
I also have interest in the investment. Moreover I stay in ogbomoso. What can I do to participate.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by BHarmony(m): 1:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance. Please respond to the whatsapp message I sent to you about investment in your Watermelon/Cucumber farming business. Thanks.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by BHarmony(m): 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2015
Kindly include your email address in your response to my whatsapp message.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by baba11(m): 6:59pm On Dec 28, 2015
Pavore9:

I guess these can help.
My fear is preservation... ain't going to go bad in some days' time after harvest?

Something like this constructed under a tree or shade to serve as a local refrigerator unit for rural areas without access to electricity as it only needs water to maintain a cool temperature inside, have the cucumbers packed in the plastic crates and placed inside it and it would extend its freshness for over a week after harvest.

2 Likes

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Newway2(m): 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
This preservation method might be suitable for small quantity of vegetable farm produce for small holden farmers. But it's usless for a farmer with 1 acre/hecter of vegetable to sell or preserve . The OLD way of packing these vegetable in sacks shld be done away with as it encourages spoilage because d bags cld not be staked without the vegetable pressing itself.
What we need are modern way of packing & staking so that transporting them will be easier & probably cheaper. Also agriprenures cld form an association market where these vegetable cld be sold at farm-gate prices.

baba11:
My fear is preservation... ain't going to go bad in some days' time after harvest?

Something like this constructed under a tree or shade to serve as a local refrigerator unit for rural areas without access to electricity as it only needs water to maintain a cool temperature inside, have the cucumbers packed in the plastic crates and placed inside it and it would extend its freshness for over a week after harvest.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by baba11(m): 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2015
Newway2:
This preservation method might be suitable for small quantity of vegetable farm produce for small holden farmers. But it's usless for a farmer with 1 acre/hecter of vegetable to sell or preserve . The OLD way of packing these vegetable in sacks shld be done away with as it encourages spoilage because d bags cld not be staked without the vegetable pressing itself.
What we need are modern way of packing & staking so that transporting them will be easier & probably cheaper. Also agriprenures cld form an association market where these vegetable cld be sold at farm-gate prices.

Thanks
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by baba11(m): 9:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
There is even a earthen pot preservation method but this is usually done in low medium scale.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Johnnyessence(m): 11:30pm On Dec 28, 2015
@j mr jasper pls where can i get d seed of water melon and cucumber ooooo. what's their price?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 12:27am On Dec 29, 2015
Newway2:
STANDARD SELLING CRATES

Thanks for this, very useful posts indeed! helping to improve the work we are already doing. You've have ignited back a fire in me that was beginning to burn low. Having a better packaging for products and dictating market price has been the major reason behind the Jireh project. Now that the production aspect is stabilizing, I think this will be the target in 2016.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 12:46am On Dec 29, 2015
Pavore9:

I guess these can help.
Uncle, very helpful pictures. As I saw this picture, I just felt like eating the fruits from the picture grin. This is the effects of packaging. I believe if kenya can do it. I can also do it. I have a mega-project in mind in 2016. I hope to retire from full time farming very soon and enter into complete food processing and vegetables marketing. I will still need to steal some ideas from you when the time is right wink

1 Like

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by noeloge82(m): 6:12am On Dec 30, 2015
jasper7:

yes! if readily available, I think organic mulch is the way to go. because at the end, it turns into Manure for the crops!

Mr jasper pls I need cucumber seed and I stay in Ondo pls how can I get it this is my email : noeloge@yahoo.com
Pls try and mail me am waiting
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Newway2(m): 6:15pm On Jan 07, 2016
Oga @Jasper7,
Having read your thread abt the mistakes of of JIREH1, and having raised it here, you shld not start JIREH2 with taking into cognisance the "PACKAGING" of the produce. With the resoursce at your disposal, you shld be able to pull this off. It's a very STRONG oversight on you part to start JIREH1 without thinking of packaging & storage.

I learnt that Tomato section in Mile12 market, Lagos; have introduced plastic crates for tomatoes through DFID/UKaid.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/06/from-basket-to-plastic-crates-mile-12-tomato-dealers-turn-new-leaf/

jasper7:

Thanks for this, very useful posts indeed! helping to improve the work we are already doing. You've have ignited back a fire in me that was beginning to burn low. Having a better packaging for products and dictating market price has been the major reason behind the Jireh project. Now that the production aspect is stabilizing, I think this will be the target in 2016.

We can not continue to do the same old thing & expect a different result. Why shld we always wait for foreigners to come & tell us what to do? Why shld Shoprite come here & start importing banana when we have abundance banana here? All is due to poor packaing on our part. This is not rocket science & we can do it.

jasper7:

Uncle, very helpful pictures. As I saw this picture, I just felt like eating the fruits from the picture grin. This is the effects of packaging. I believe if kenya can do it. I can also do it. I have a mega-project in mind in 2016. I hope to retire from full time farming very soon and enter into complete food processing and vegetables marketing. I will still need to steal some ideas from you when the time is right wink

Even if you go into food process without solving the storage problem, there will still a problem. because, how do you store excess farm produce during the glut season?
We eat apples daily in Nigeria (year-in-year-out), with little variation in price. These apples I understand are only harvest in few months of the year but stored all through the year even for export. How did thoses people do it? I say again that, this is not rocket science & we can do it.

Let me know abt the BIG idea for possible collaboration (if you don't mind).

As @Theunbeatable will say, May GOD bless our hustles.

Sincerely.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Orji Uzor-Kalu's Mega Farm In Abia State To Cost $400m / Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers / Man Ties Tree With Juju Cloth To Scare People, But See What Happened Next. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.