Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport (151007 Views)

Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) / Wrong Place On My Friend Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by MabraO: 8:33pm On Aug 15, 2017
Na wa this change of data cost so much oh
I ll ve to bay a total of 350+ to change name, year and month. Never ll I try this fake name or information rubbishy again in my life
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Jaydee11: 1:46am On Aug 27, 2017
dotcomnamename:

Thank you for ds very highly informative post. Can you please help me with the contact who helped you out. I am outside naija nd want to travel to Abuja to sort ds mess out immediately and I hope two weeks will be fine for everything as I need it urgently. I sent u a pm. Thanks in advance

Approval less than 2 weeks. Biometric done last Tuesday, passport issued yesterday Fridays. 2 days + hours grin . Spent 250k excluding air fare, hotel and feeding Abuja to Lagos O!. Excluding air fare back to Europe O!. Money speaks at times. grin
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by btechplace: 8:16am On Oct 04, 2017
Please, i need the contact of who helped you resolve the date of birth issue.

dotcomnamename:

No, just walk in to to the glass house, talk to elderly officer not those young young officers, explain your problem and ask him if there is anything he can do for you. Then he will discuss further. I spent big because mine was express as my woman need it urgently. They won't even hide anything from you, everything will be done openly there right in their office. The officer will create file for you instantly if he see money.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Josephchukwumaeze(m): 8:23am On Oct 05, 2017
well i have been reading alot of comments here,and i have not be enable to say anything because i had the same issue and it on process,i wanna be sure of the office handling my case before i can comment anything....but i am very happy to comment here that my year of birth in my passport has been changed and they charged me 170k and plus the transport and hotel expensive in abuja and giving out money for recharge card,it up to 250k but i am happy i finally get it done,i was in abuja last to weeks for capture and i got my passport yesterday,i can asisst anybody in the same condition with mine if you want...pm me smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
Josephchukwumaeze:
well i have been reading alot of comments here,and i have not be enable to say anything because i had the same issue and it on process,i wanna be sure of the office handling my case before i can comment anything....but i am very happy to comment here that my year of birth in my passport has been changed and they charged me 170k and plus the transport and hotel expensive in abuja and giving out money for recharge card,it up to 250k but i am happy i finally get it done,i was in abuja last to weeks for capture and i got my passport yesterday,i can asisst anybody in the same condition with mine if you want...pm me smiley smiley

How long did it took you?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
keneguae:

A friend has collected it on my behalf. Sent the biographic page to me on WhatsApp, just for rest of mind that everything was done accordingly. I am making arrangement on how to have it sent to me from Abuja.

What's the update on yours? Out already?

I finally collected my corrected passport last week. I'm full of joy after waiting for 10 months. The first NIS officer scammed me and wasted my 6 months. The second guy did the job but in 4 months. Huge money was spent enough to buy plot of land in some cities. I don't wish my worst enemy the kind stress and suffering I passed through. NIS needs serious cleansing. People that are shamelessly corrupt I wonder how they will protect the integrity of the countries borders.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Josephchukwumaeze(m): 8:54am On Oct 07, 2017
It complicated it took long since march I paid but all was because of one immigration officer that use my first deposit money for is selfish interest and delay to deliver the money to the officer in Abuja to start my work, but when he finally provide my money to the Abuja officer he started doing it immediately and it took from one month after he got the money and yes I sent him additional 40k and before going to Abj for capture and it took 2weeks to get the passport ready and I balance him 60k ...that's how it went.. but be careful of losers call them self immigration officer if not the help of snr officer that asissted me get my money I don't know what to do and another I made a videos of my giving the officer my money i case of anything have I have evident because they don't give out reciptes

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2017
cowleg:

I finally collected my corrected passport last week. I'm full of joy after waiting for 10 months. The first NIS officer scammed me and wasted my 6 months. The second guy did the job but in 4 months. Huge money was spent enough to buy plot of land in some cities. I don't wish my worst enemy the kind stress and suffering I passed through. NIS needs serious cleansing. People that are shamelessly corrupt I wonder how they will protect the integrity of the countries borders.

I feel your pain, bro. I went through the same thing in 2015. I am glad you can now move forward with whatever you want to do. Congrats and enjoy.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by filadefia: 1:16pm On Oct 19, 2017
tlk2Prince:
I have done it bro.
The day, Month and Year of birth (4years difference)was all incorrect but I was able to correct it.

pls bro, i have issue abt DOB, pls can i have your phone number for better conversation
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Jaydee11: 7:13am On Oct 20, 2017
I finally got my new passport and the date of birth corrected in two weeks. I paid 155k excluding flight, hotel and feeding for two weeks and transport fare within Abuja to the immigration office. Thank you for ur candid advice. Although I missed D opportunity I wanted to use it for. But it was worth it at D end. Thank you all. I submitted my passport on the 20th of September for a new one and was called for capturing the following week and collected the passport on the 3rd of October. Thank u

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Jaydee11: 7:17am On Oct 20, 2017
Please house, I have a question to ask us all. If I want to apply for a uk visa after correcting this date of birth error do I need to explain the error on the old passport? Although I have a sworn affidavit on correction of date of birth error on my international passport. Do I just add it to the application without explaining it? Please, I need your advice. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 20, 2017
Jaydee11:
I finally got my new passport and the date of birth corrected in two weeks. I paid 155k excluding flight, hotel and feeding for two weeks and transport fare within Abuja to the immigration office. Thank you for ur candid advice. Although I missed D opportunity I wanted to use it for. But it was worth it at D end. Thank you all. I submitted my passport on the 20th of September for a new one and was called for capturing the following week and collected the passport on the 3rd of October. Thank u

You are lucky it came out fast.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Everray: 10:30am On Oct 29, 2017
Jaydee11:
Please house, I have a question to ask us all. If I want to apply for a uk visa after correcting this date of birth error do I need to explain the error on the old passport? Although I have a sworn affidavit on correction of date of birth error on my international passport. Do I just add it to the application without explaining it? Please, I need your advice. Thank you

Yes u will need to explain that. Their is a space for u to include any former info on ur passport tht is not in ur current passport. Also include d former passport number wen filling d application form. Not including these infos might jeorpardize ur chances of getting ur visa approved.

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by damilola1978: 7:35am On Nov 03, 2017
Good day my people oh, Has anyone tried the immigration online platform for change of details, I want to know if i can venture into it https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/changeDetails
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Jaydee11: 6:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
Everray:

Yes u will need to explain that. Their is a space for u to include any former info on ur passport tht is not in ur current passport. Also include d former passport number wen filling d application form. Not including these infos might jeorpardize ur chances of getting ur visa approved.

Thank you Everay for this information. But I hope it won't raise any issue cos I was thinking of just keeping quiet over it.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by jideflows(m): 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2017
Jaydee11:

Check your mail
thanks
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by jideflows(m): 6:42pm On Nov 04, 2017
[quote author=Jaydee11 post=62044677]

Check your mail[/quote replied kindly check your mail.. Thanks
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by oloriesther(f): 11:18am On Nov 06, 2017
Hello everyone,

I want to change my DOB on my international passport. I have travelled with my current passport to several countries and has even renewed the passport twice but my DOB is nit correct. Please I want to know if there is any implications to renewing my visa after changing my DOB. kindly share your experience.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by oloriesther(f): 11:18am On Nov 06, 2017
Hello everyone,

I want to change my DOB on my international passport. I have travelled with my current passport to several countries and has even renewed the passport twice but my DOB is nit correct. Please I want to know if there is any implications to renewing my visa after changing my DOB.kindly share your experience.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Jaydee11: 10:21pm On Nov 06, 2017
[quote author=TeeDips post=62117966][/quote]

Teedips,
Hello and how r u doing? You can go to that high court at Ikeja around police College. You will find people there who will help you out with the sworn affidavit for correction of date of birth on international passport. It will cost you like 3 to 5k. I did my own affidavit about 2urs ago and it was 3k.so just keep between 3k and 5k for it.
Cheers!
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Jaydee11: 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2017
This is the exact question I have.
Please, what's the process of getting a sworn affidavit on correction of date of birth error on international passport, like you said you did?
Thanks in advance.

Teedips,
Hello and how r u doing? You can go to that high court at Ikeja around police College. You will find people there who will help you out with the sworn affidavit for correction of date of birth on international passport. It will cost you like 3 to 5k. I did my own affidavit about 2urs ago and it was 3k.so just keep between 3k and 5k for it.
Cheers!
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by TeeDips: 9:30am On Nov 17, 2017
[quote author=Jaydee11 post=62140319]

Jaydee11,
Alright,will do just that.
Thank you so much.

Cheers.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by alexoluwatoyin: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2017
Hello, I want to change place of birth on international passport but I don't know how to go about it.

Please assist.
alexoluwatoyin
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Gentledammie(m): 1:03pm On Dec 12, 2017
Pls guys I noticed the error immediately I collected my passport instead of 07/ 04/1991 they wrote 04/07/1991
Pls what can I do about it ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.