Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria - Car Talk (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria (105175 Views)

Which Is Better? Automatic Transmission Or Manual Transmission / Is Power Sterring Fluid Diffrent From Automatic Transmission Fluid? / Which Do You Prefer - Manual Or Automatic Transmission? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 10:39pm On Sep 02, 2022
Eleken:
How much is Camry 2012 SE GEAR BOX
V6 or i4?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Eleken: 5:56pm On Sep 03, 2022
kingreign:

V6 or i4?
Vi4
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Emilokan1(m): 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2022
autowiz:
We have come to notice during our series of transmission repairs that Nigerians are of the opinion that transmission overhauls and repairs are not reliable here. but they truly are if it is done right. Autowiz nig has been fixing gear problems in Nigeria for a while with warrantee the customers are happy. We will be happy to help you with yours. Give us a call for assistance 08060018388 or post your complaints here. We are based in Lagos and PH

.Presently have a p0607 and p0713, p0977 code. One is talking about the ECU , Transmission fluid temperature sensor A circuit high,and the other about the B shift transmission solenoid. How do I go about it? 2009 Toyota corolla
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by bigthingz: 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2022
Good evening Gazzuz, kingreign and all the car Gurus. My 2011 Honda Accord could not start again after it stopped on the road it self. I then called an electrician close by to check, after which I saw him direct a wire from the battery to a wire somewhere around the coil, that made the car to start... I guess inorder to delay the work , something then went wrong and the car refuse to start again even with the direct connection. It was getting late I had to towed the car. I invited a different electrician the following morning which he said my ecu is fried. We then got another ECU, the car couldnt read the ECU, the electrician had to check through wires , fuse etc that was touched by the initial technician luckily the ECU is seen and programed to start the car. Now as we started moving, the car the transmission was not smooth and will eventually free it self. I parked and put the shift on neutral and then back to D and it picked and selects well. But it still free it self after a long drive. I took back the car to the electrician which he went to the sensor area and he changed the sensor fuse head or so. The car will now not even select again...I told him why won't the car be the way i brought it so I can at least drive back home but as it is now I can't drive with just gear1. The electrician said its the ECU.. We have now change 5 different ECU and still not selecting gear. Now the the programmer said its the gear box ... I said How. Nothing was wrong with my gear before. The ECU programmer said no transmission error code showing , which means it's from inside the gear. Now am confused... Please I need you help. Thank you
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2022
bigthingz:
Good evening Gazzuz, kingreign and all the car Gurus. My 2011 Honda Accord could not start again after it stopped on the road it self. I then called an electrician close by to check, after which I saw him direct a wire from the battery to a wire somewhere around the coil, that made the car to start... I guess inorder to delay the work , something then went wrong and the car refuse to start again even with the direct connection. It was getting late I had to towed the car. I invited a different electrician the following morning which he said my ecu is fried. We then got another ECU, the car couldnt read the ECU, the electrician had to check through wires , fuse etc that was touched by the initial technician luckily the ECU is seen and programed to start the car. Now as we started moving, the car the transmission was not smooth and will eventually free it self. I parked and put the shift on neutral and then back to D and it picked and selects well. But it still free it self after a long drive. I took back the car to the electrician which he went to the sensor area and he changed the sensor fuse head or so. The car will now not even select again...I told him why won't the car be the way i brought it so I can at least drive back home but as it is now I can't drive with just gear1. The electrician said its the ECU.. We have now change 5 different ECU and still not selecting gear. Now the the programmer said its the gear box ... I said How. Nothing was wrong with my gear before. The ECU programmer said no transmission error code showing , which means it's from inside the gear. Now am confused... Please I need you help. Thank you

Stop trial and error repairs, it will only end in waste of money and more damages.
Get a competently technician to fix that car.
Where is the car located?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Dozieson(m): 8:23pm On Sep 04, 2022
bigthingz:

Wahala. The rewire/electricians have messed up your car. Where is your location? Don't change any gear until you scan the car with a competent mechanic
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by bigthingz: 9:09am On Sep 05, 2022
Dozieson:

Wahala. The rewire/electricians have messed up your car. Where is your location? Don't change any gear until you scan the car with a competent mechanic
Abj
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by bigthingz: 9:11am On Sep 05, 2022
kingreign:

Stop trial and error repairs, it will only end in waste of money and more damages.
Get a competently technician to fix that car.
Where is the car located?
Abj
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 9:34am On Sep 05, 2022
bigthingz:
Abj
Contact me via 07034581213 if it’s okay by you.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by bigthingz: 1:27pm On Sep 05, 2022
kingreign:

Contact me via 07034581213 if it’s okay by you.
ok
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Cool83(m): 8:33am On Sep 08, 2022
Dozieson:

Chaiii for Camry? The right oil is Toyota WS. You have contaminated the gear. Maybe a flush will help but I doubt. It is cheaper to try than buy new gear.

Never use abro for any car gear. It is a killer
Even for golf 3?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Dozieson(m): 1:56pm On Sep 08, 2022
Cool83:

Even for golf 3?

Lol. Golf 3 no be Manual gear?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Cool83(m): 3:48pm On Sep 08, 2022
Dozieson:

Lol. Golf 3 no be Manual gear?
Auto
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Dozieson(m): 4:18pm On Sep 08, 2022

1 Like

Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by olasworld(m): 4:44am On Sep 16, 2022
Hello.
I bought a RAV4 2010 recently with transmission issue. On a fresh start in the morning, the gear will shift from 1 to 2 but disengages on 3rd shift. I will manage to keep it moving on second shift with the Rev raised to 3. By the time I move about 3km and the engine seems warm, it will shift into 3 and the rest but after decelerating and trying to accelerate, it will shift normally after a rev and the shifting is not smooth.
I have changed the gear oil and dropped the pan twice but it still won't work perfect. I noticed the transmission has been worked on before as I could see the glue used to seal it.
Please advise if I should repair the transmission or buy another although I do not have the money to buy yet.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Yaweh8253(m): 6:08am On Sep 16, 2022
Car: infinity I30 base.

The car has been very reliable. But recently, I realize I have to rev the engine higher before it moves, especially after stops. Is it a transmission problem and what's the solution.

Thanks
infinity is Nissan group sometime it may electrical faults or chort of transmission oil first top the oil
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Dozieson(m): 10:53am On Sep 16, 2022
olasworld:
Hello.
I bought a RAV4 2010 recently with transmission issue. On a fresh start in the morning, the gear will shift from 1 to 2 but disengages on 3rd shift. I will manage to keep it moving on second shift with the Rev raised to 3. By the time I move about 3km and the engine seems warm, it will shift into 3 and the rest but after decelerating and trying to accelerate, it will shift normally after a rev and the shifting is not smooth.
I have changed the gear oil and dropped the pan twice but it still won't work perfect. I noticed the transmission has been worked on before as I could see the glue used to seal it.
Please advise if I should repair the transmission or buy another although I do not have the money to buy yet.

buy another one. it is very difficult to fix @ this point
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by olasworld(m): 11:25am On Sep 16, 2022
Dozieson:

buy another one. it is very difficult to fix @ this point

Thank you so much.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Fogman(m): 4:59pm On Sep 19, 2022
Hello house, please who can recommend a competent technician for a client Lexus ES335 transmission issue. Car does no go into reverse and client is hopeful it can be fix rather than getting a new transmission. Car is in Lagos.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by sewenbigboi: 11:20pm On Oct 01, 2022
autowiz:
We have come to notice during our series of transmission repairs that Nigerians are of the opinion that transmission overhauls and repairs are not reliable here. but they truly are if it is done right. Autowiz nig has been fixing gear problems in Nigeria for a while with warrantee the customers are happy. We will be happy to help you with yours. Give us a call for assistance 08060018388 or post your complaints here. We are based in Lagos and PH
PLS I NEED HELP IM CONFUSED
I USE A CAMRY 07 muscle Camry
WHENEVER I SHIFT THE GEAR TO R REVERSE IT JERKS BADLY
THAT IS WHEN I OFF THE ENGINE AND START IT AGAIN AND I PUT IT TO REVERSE
BUT WHEN I START THE ENGINE AND PUT IT TO DRIVE OR NEUTRAL IT WONT DO THAT IT JERKS ONLY AT REVERSE
IT STARTED THIS AFTER I TRAVELLED FROM ABEOKUTA TO EKITI AND AKURE THOSE ROADS ARE BAD
I CHECKED MY GEAR SEAT AND I EVEN CHANGE MY SHAFT TODAY TO SEE IF IT WILL CHANGE BUT STILL THE SAME MY GEAR SEAT IS INTACT I KEEP WONDERING WHAT COULD HAPPENED IM WORRIED AND SCARED I CANT AFFORD ANOTHER GEAR I WAS MORE CONFUSED TODAY WHEN THE DRIVE CANT CHANGE TO D1 2 3 WHEN ACCELERATING ON MOTION BUT LATER CAME TO NORMAL UNTIL I DROVE HIME NOT FAR TO WHERE IT DID THAT
THE LAST TIME I DID A THOROUGH SERVICE WAS MAY
PLSS WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED I HAVE SCAN WITH A MACHINE THERE IS NOTHING TO BE FOUND
PLSS I NEED HELP
THANKS
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Dozieson(m): 6:56am On Oct 02, 2022
sewenbigboi:

PLS I NEED HELP IM CONFUSED
I USE A CAMRY 07 muscle Camry
WHENEVER I SHIFT THE GEAR TO R REVERSE IT JERKS BADLY
THAT IS WHEN I OFF THE ENGINE AND START IT AGAIN AND I PUT IT TO REVERSE
BUT WHEN I START THE ENGINE AND PUT IT TO DRIVE OR NEUTRAL IT WONT DO THAT IT JERKS ONLY AT REVERSE
IT STARTED THIS AFTER I TRAVELLED FROM ABEOKUTA TO EKITI AND AKURE THOSE ROADS ARE BAD
I CHECKED MY GEAR SEAT AND I EVEN CHANGE MY SHAFT TODAY TO SEE IF IT WILL CHANGE BUT STILL THE SAME MY GEAR SEAT IS INTACT I KEEP WONDERING WHAT COULD HAPPENED IM WORRIED AND SCARED I CANT AFFORD ANOTHER GEAR I WAS MORE CONFUSED TODAY WHEN THE DRIVE CANT CHANGE TO D1 2 3 WHEN ACCELERATING ON MOTION BUT LATER CAME TO NORMAL UNTIL I DROVE HIME NOT FAR TO WHERE IT DID THAT
THE LAST TIME I DID A THOROUGH SERVICE WAS MAY
PLSS WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED I HAVE SCAN WITH A MACHINE THERE IS NOTHING TO BE FOUND
PLSS I NEED HELP
THANKS

You serviced the gear in may? With what oil?
Why did you change shaft? What is the business with shaft and shifting of gear?

You are the one that is killing or have killed the gear

It price, oil and workmanship for replacement is about 400k plus

Go and scan the car too
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by sewenbigboi: 9:37am On Oct 02, 2022
Dozieson:

Go and scan the car too
The shaft is bad after the traveling
It needed replacement I replaced it
I used Toyota ws AT fluid
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by sewenbigboi: 10:30am On Oct 02, 2022
Dozieson:

Go and scan the car too
I scanned it nothing was found
Just the catalyst and it was cleared
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Dozieson(m): 11:30am On Oct 02, 2022
sewenbigboi:

I scanned it nothing was found
Just the catalyst and it was cleared

Share the codes. From the code, we know what to do

Do you know shaft can contaminate your gear?

Extreme caution is needed when changing shaft. Brand new would have been better
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by sewenbigboi: 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2022
Dozieson:

Share the codes. From the code, we know what to do

Do you know shaft can contaminate your gear?

Extreme caution is needed when changing shaft. Brand new would have been better
It’s not seeing any code
Yes I understand that
I didn’t change it while it’s hot or been driven that day
I haven’t drive the car for 3days before changing it
Because he said I must not start the engine that day
And I bought new shaft
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Dozieson(m): 10:37pm On Oct 02, 2022
sewenbigboi:

It’s not seeing any code
Yes I understand that
I didn’t change it while it’s hot or been driven that day
I haven’t drive the car for 3days before changing it
Because he said I must not start the engine that day
And I bought new shaft

New of toks? Some of the toks have dirt and could contaminate the gear.

Well, since no code, I may not be related to he gear.

But how is the performance of the gear now when in motion?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by sewenbigboi: 9:43am On Oct 03, 2022
Dozieson:

New of toks? Some of the toks have dirt and could contaminate the gear.

Well, since no code, I may not be related to he gear.

But how is the performance of the gear now when in motion?
It drives well on motion
But all of a sudden that day i realized when I was driving along and wanting to climb a small hill
It’s not switching gear
It’s just making sound when I accelerate but later come back to normal I was scared ever since then and till now I haven’t tried to check it again if it will do the same thing again
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Dozieson(m): 10:29am On Oct 03, 2022
sewenbigboi:

It drives well on motion
But all of a sudden that day i realized when I was driving along and wanting to climb a small hill
It’s not switching gear
It’s just making sound when I accelerate but later come back to normal I was scared ever since then and till now I haven’t tried to check it again if it will do the same thing again

Today is holiday. Drive the car and know if there are drivability issues
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by sewenbigboi: 11:06pm On Oct 03, 2022
Dozieson:

Today is holiday. Drive the car and know if there are drivability issues
I drove it today there’s no issue
I didn’t drive it so long because I’m scared something else might come up with it again since I don’t fix the jacking yet
It’s only jacking very badly and louder jack when I put it into the reverse gear
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by sewenbigboi: 11:14pm On Oct 03, 2022
Dozieson:

Go and scan the car too
I also noticed that the check on the dashboard is back on again even after clearing it off and the engineer said it’s only catalyst bla bla
He cleared it off
But it’s back on again even when I don’t use the car well
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Dozieson(m): 11:08am On Oct 04, 2022
sewenbigboi:

I also noticed that the check on the dashboard is back on again even after clearing it off and the engineer said it’s only catalyst bla bla
He cleared it off
But it’s back on again even when I don’t use the car well

Which mean the problem may not be the gear but something else. Don't touch the gear. What you need to do is know the code and share it here.

It could be the gear lever that is having issue
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by abumeinben(m): 9:30am On Oct 05, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean / Meet Nigerians Who Own Bugatti Veyron Car(Photos) / Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.