Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria - Car Talk (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria (105180 Views)

Which Is Better? Automatic Transmission Or Manual Transmission / Is Power Sterring Fluid Diffrent From Automatic Transmission Fluid? / Which Do You Prefer - Manual Or Automatic Transmission? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Dozieson(m): 4:33pm On Nov 25, 2022
esiri4jesu:
My camry 2003 stalls from gear 2 to 3 in the morning for like a kilometer before it will start functioning well for the whole day and repeat the same fault in morning. After that initial stalling, it moves perfectly for the rest of the day. It is 13 pin gear box. I took to my mechanic, he smelled the oil and said it is body valve or fibre something l can't recollect that l should replace the gear box.
What do you recommend?

2003 is 10pin so no cause for alarm.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by esiri4jesu(m): 7:48pm On Nov 25, 2022
Dozieson:

2003 is 10pin so no cause for alarm.
Mine is 13 pin and why did you say no cause for alarm if it were 10pin?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Dozieson(m): 8:55pm On Nov 25, 2022
esiri4jesu:

Mine is 13 pin and why did you say no cause for alarm if it were 10pin?

Bros Camry has different gear types. 2002-2004 uses 10pin. 2005-2009 uses 13pin for the 4 cylinders except yours is 6 cylinders.

10pin is easier to repair and cheap to buy if it is bad
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by esiri4jesu(m): 7:40am On Nov 26, 2022
Dozieson:

Bros Camry has different gear types. 2002-2004 uses 10pin. 2005-2009 uses 13pin for the 4 cylinders except yours is 6 cylinders.

10pin is easier to repair and cheap to buy if it is bad
Actually, l bought it fairly used upgraded to 2005. It means the first user upgraded the gear to 13pin too. I have been using it for 7years now no issues except for this recent fault. Will it be OK to revert back to 10pin and what are the the things l need to change along to make it OK.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by omoyami: 8:49am On Nov 26, 2022
petrusevents:

Gear repair

It cost around ₦70,000 when add the cost of fluid and workmanship.

Now I am working on the option of buying another gearbox. If anyone can connect me with seller, I will appreciate.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Dozieson(m): 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2022
esiri4jesu:

Actually, l bought it fairly used upgraded to 2005. It means the first user upgraded the gear to 13pin too. I have been using it for 7years now no issues except for this recent fault. Will it be OK to revert back to 10pin and what are the the things l need to change along to make it OK.

Why I am still doubling is that they don't use Same TCM. Why would someone risk replacing a 10 with 13pin? A higher price too?

How do you know it is 13pin? Just go and replace with a 10pin.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by esiri4jesu(m): 7:29pm On Nov 26, 2022
Dozieson:

Why I am still doubling is that they don't use Same TCM. Why would someone risk replacing a 10 with 13pin? A higher price too?

How do you know it is 13pin? Just go and replace with a 10pin.
Ok. Thanks for the time. God bless you.
Bro what is TCM?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Dozieson(m): 8:01pm On Nov 26, 2022
esiri4jesu:

Ok. Thanks for the time. God bless you.
Bro what is TCM?

Transmission control module

1 Like

Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kolly9ja(m): 8:50pm On Nov 26, 2022
Dear Nairaland Expert,

Please I need your help concerning Lexus RX330 ( 2005) Gear issues. I got a Tokunbo Gear from a Nairaland dealer user name (Iykecollins1).

He gave me his mechanic to fix the gear and recommend Toyota transmission fluid

( Bought at N25,000 each). Bought 2 Gear oil from him also.

His mechanic sent his boys to install the gear. But the gear will only move when cold and only shift at R.

So I called him .He ( Gear seller) referred me to an electrician which insist my Brainbox is not good. He changed the brainbox, but still same issues. Paid heavily ( N160,000) for this also
So far money spent on this gear

I also called a service of a nairaland expert for scan ( Scan code : P0771).

The dealer and the electrician requested I sent the car to ladipo ( My greatest mistake).

Car was sent to Ladipo and Gear switch sensor was discovered broken, and was changed, Car will move but jerk, sometimes gear will slip, rescan and comes with Code P0776 and P0746.

Dealer advice to remove Gear filter. Meaning gear should be install without filter.

Please I will need advice how to fix the issue. Park presently park at sango ota.

Note : Until now only the mechanic and electrician that work on the Gear came from him. Gear bought as Tokunbo, seems this guy Warranty is mere words.
He gave guarantee of 1 week, but Gear issues started second day to the warranty which I notified him.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Dozieson(m): 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2022
kolly9ja:
Dear Nairaland Expert,

Please I need your help concerning Lexus RX330 ( 2005) Gear issues. I got a Tokunbo Gear from a Nairaland dealer user name (Iykecollins1).

His mechanic sent his boys to install the gear. But the gear will only move when cold and only shift at R.

So I called him .He ( Gear seller) referred me to an electrician which insist my Brainbox is not good. He changed the brainbox, but still same issues. Paid heavily ( N160,000) for this also

The dealer and the electrician requested I sent the car to ladipo ( My greatest mistake).

Car was sent to Ladipo and Gear switch sensor was discovered broken, and was changed, Car will move but jerk, sometimes gear will slip, rescan and comes with Code P0776 and P0746.

Dealer advice to remove Gear filter. Meaning gear should be install without filter.

Please I will need advice how to fix the issue. Park presently park at sango ota.

Note : Until now only the mechanic and electrician that work on the Gear came from him. Gear bought as Tokunbo, seems this guy Warranty is mere words.
He gave guarantee of 1 week, but Gear issues started second day to the warranty which I notified him.

Iykecollins must change the gear. The gear didn't work well so it is not your fault.

@iykecollins your attention is needed. Please change the gear immediately. You sold a bad gear to him
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kolly9ja(m): 3:42am On Nov 27, 2022
Dozieson:

Iykecollins must change the gear. The gear didn't work well so it is not your fault.

@iykecollins your attention is needed. Please change the gear immediately. You sold a bad gear to him

The Dealer response did not show he is ready to replace a Gear. Last time we spoke, he was even asking for VIN number. I taught dealer on Nairaland should open up about warranty. Spent about N610,000 already on this.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Thefarmer3: 4:07am On Nov 27, 2022
kolly9ja:
Dear Nairaland Expert,

Nawao.... Cos I've done business with Iykecollins1 before, and he sold me a good gearbox for my Toyota matrix. So I'm wondering what happened this time around, @Iykecollins1 please your attention is needed here. Come and respond to this.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Dozieson(m): 5:44am On Nov 27, 2022
kolly9ja:

The Dealer response did not show he is ready to replace a Gear. Last time we spoke, he was even asking for VIN number. I taught dealer on Nairaland should open up about warranty. Spent about N610,000 already on this.

He has to replace it because the gear never worked. He sold a bad gear to you.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kolly9ja(m): 7:13am On Nov 27, 2022
Thefarmer3:

Nawao.... Cos I've done business with Iykecollins1 before, and he sold me a good gearbox for my Toyota matrix. So I'm wondering what happened this time around, @Iykecollins1 please your attention is needed here. Come and respond to this.
@Thefarmer3 I bought the Gear from him because of people comment here about him. I have all my whattApps discussion with him to prove. Spent N610,000 Gear of RX330 without a result.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kolly9ja(m): 7:15am On Nov 27, 2022
Dozieson:

He has to replace it because the gear never worked. He sold a bad gear to you.
He claimed it was Grade A. until now the mechanic and electrican that work on the Gear came from him. Only scanned came from a Nairaland person I contacted here. Terrible experience with this man.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kolly9ja(m): 7:22am On Nov 27, 2022
Thefarmer3:

Note : I also bought camry 2007 Gear with him with body cover broken, but I took that as minor issue as he sent me the broken part.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kolly9ja(m): 7:55am On Nov 27, 2022
kolly9ja:

Note : I also bought camry 2007 Gear with him with body cover broken, but I took that as minor issue as he sent me the broken part.
Scanned code day 2 of fixed Gear. others codes came after Car was sent to Lapido ( another terrible stories) .

Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kolly9ja(m): 7:55am On Nov 27, 2022
Note : I also bought camry 2007 Gear with him with body cover broken, but I took that as minor issue as he sent me the broken part. [/quote]
Scanned code day 2 of fixed Gear. others codes came after Car was sent to Lapido ( another terrible stories) .

Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by iykecollins1(m): 8:56am On Nov 27, 2022
Dozieson:

Good morning all....i dd business with Mr Kola...he purchased tokunbo gearbox from me with warranty...and along the line the gearbox installation and operation wasnt smooth,some things are boyond our control.we have been working for find a lasting solution....the last discussion i had with him he said he was going to benin republic and he was going to be back the next week...this was around begining of this month...Up untill now i have not seen his call...or chat...

Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by iykecollins1(m): 8:58am On Nov 27, 2022
kolly9ja:
He claimed it was Grade A. until now the mechanic and electrican that work on the Gear came from him. Only scanned came from a Nairaland person I contacted here. Terrible experience with this man.
Mr kola...am still expecting ur call or chat to know if ur back from benin
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by iykecollins1(m): 9:00am On Nov 27, 2022
kolly9ja:
Mr kola my line is open for calls and chat.....u only stopped calling....i thought u are still in Benin....
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kolly9ja(m): 9:14am On Nov 27, 2022
iykecollins1:

Mr kola...am still expecting ur call or chat to know if ur back from benin
I called you yesterday by 11:07am You did not pick
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kolly9ja(m): 9:17am On Nov 27, 2022
iykecollins1:

Good morning all....i dd business with Mr Kola...he purchased tokunbo gearbox from me with warranty...and along the line the gearbox installation and operation wasnt smooth,some things are boyond our control.we have been working for find a lasting solution....the last discussion i had with him he said he was going to benin republic and he was going to be back the next week...this was around begining of this month...Up untill now i have not seen his call...or chat...
Mr Madu. After N610,000 spent on that Gear. I am really tired about going up and down for something as simple as Tokunbo Gear Installation.Please what is the solution to this? Let me know . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kolly9ja(m): 9:40am On Nov 27, 2022
More code after car return from Ladipo for correction. Mr Madu I am not here to create issue. Give me a good working Gear. I know you too will not like to pay for bad item. use your humanity to provide a solution.

Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kolly9ja(m): 9:45am On Nov 27, 2022
omoyami:

It cost around ₦70,000 when add the cost of fluid and workmanship.

Now I am working on the option of buying another gearbox. If anyone can connect me with seller, I will appreciate.
Buying Gear? I think you should let your experience mechanic do that for you. Those guys that sell Gear are somehow.

1 Like

Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kolly9ja(m): 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2022
autowiz:
We have come to notice during our series of transmission repairs that Nigerians are of the opinion that transmission overhauls and repairs are not reliable here. but they truly are if it is done right. Autowiz nig has been fixing gear problems in Nigeria for a while with warrantee the customers are happy. We will be happy to help you with yours. Give us a call for assistance 08060018388 or post your complaints here. We are based in Lagos and PH
Can you help get Tokunbo Gear and fixed? Location Toll gate Lagos.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Horlickz77(m): 3:04am On Dec 05, 2022
Good morning house , please I have is250 which i bought Nigeria use , and it’s having transmission issue ,so the mechanic noticed the previous used a different transmission instead of is250 transmission maybe due to cost , so now I want to change it back to the real is250 transmission,, please I need a good electrician (rewire) that can help fix wire harness , transmission ecu . Please if you have any please recommend
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by darlous(m): 10:18am On Dec 23, 2022
Good morning, thank you for creating this thread.
Mechanic just finish working on my engine, the engine is now working perfectly.

When I put gear in reverse, it doesn't move at all except when I leave it for few minutes, then it moves and once the is now warm, after driving some kilometres, it comes back to normal.

What could be the problem, my mechanic says I should change the gear box. Is it repairable?
Thanks
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Dozieson(m): 2:09pm On Dec 23, 2022
darlous:
Good morning, thank you for creating this thread.
Mechanic just finish working on my engine, the engine is now working perfectly.

When I put gear in reverse, it doesn't move at all except when I leave it for few minutes, then it moves and once the is now warm, after driving some kilometres, it comes back to normal.

What could be the problem, my mechanic says I should change the gear box. Is it repairable?
Thanks

The mechanic have contaminated your gear box. which car? have you scanned ? please share codes
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by darlous(m): 8:53am On Dec 24, 2022
Dozieson:

The mechanic have contaminated your gear box. which car? have you scanned ? please share codes

Thanks for the response.
Nissan xterra '02. I have not scanned, maybe I will have to do that. Can you give advise on any gear expert that can help out or should I get a new gear box. Thanks
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Nemesisobaara: 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2022
How does a gear get contaminated? Is it when dirt gets into it?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Dozieson(m): 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2022
Nemesisobaara:
How does a gear get contaminated? Is it when dirt gets into it?

Yes. Either through the shaft hole or other openings in the gear. Water, wrong oil, grease, sand and other dirt can contaminate gear box

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean / Meet Nigerians Who Own Bugatti Veyron Car(Photos) / Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.