Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) (30364 Views)

Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands / Lol. Nokia China Phones Now Having Iphone Design (see Photos) / The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by CashdownNG: 2:40pm On Mar 23, 2015
Yes… That Chinadroid that seems so sleek and cheap might not just be the best for you.

We all have seen the advent of china phones coming in deluges to our Nigerian market. Well, cheap is always welcomed here as the economy makes people to adapt to get the last kobo value for any product purchased. However, unless you are buying for a short-term period(3-6 months), then you might need to review your policy on chinadroids.

Here are a couple of reasons to reconsider china phones:

SPARE PARTS:

Unfortunately, we are not privy to be close to china as neigbours, most times when a phone’s priced less than $80-100 then you got to ask, what’s the catch? most likely, the parts would be of the level you paid for, not only that, getting their replacements can be a huge pain that you can avoid by going for more recognized brands.

Durability:

Just as the above, they don’t just last especially for hardcore users.. a friend’s Infinix Zero is close to Zero now (Burial arrangements made) and all these claims to have a gorilla glass and all..Wait a minute, Gorilla glass on a $100 phone? erm…i really don’t think so. With the scarcity of specific parts to help you like i said earlier, when a fault develops you most likely think the selling path.

RESALE VALUE:

The Big one of three.. From my findings about reselling these gadgets either to users or people at computer village, alaba or any tech resell joint China phones and tablets come last. I reiterate: A Big LAST. We get cases whereby a phone for about N15,000 would be getting lowball offers of N7,000 at best.That’s for the best and cleanest ones compared to other goods that would be getting N10,000 and around, every second with your phone costs more than the amount you would have supposedly saved.

So all in all, don’t go with that idea that the phone your getting is a bargain, wait a bit and get reactions from other users, then perhaps measure it with what you want. From personal experience, it’s a lot more painful the stress and headaches than the extra dough cough out for your gadget at the end of the day.

culled from www.cashdown.com.ng/word-on-the-street-blog

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
Ok
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Dreyl(m): 3:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
I use iphone 5c

6 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by zenith4biz(m): 4:19pm On Mar 23, 2015
'Hidden facts' copy and paste no good............. Repent before it's too late

Anyway
Are you advising me to get Samsung Galaxy 6 or IPhone
The price of each phone would get me a piece of land in Ogun State
Remember the value of land appreciate while phone depreciates
A plot of land in 2015 @ #160k
Samsung Galaxy 6 in 2015 150+
IPhone 6 2015 170k
In 2025
The plot of land would be #5m
Samsung Galaxy 6 #8000
IPhone 6 #10000
Think and spend wisely
Remember vote for GEJ

143 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by EddyNumerouno(m): 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2015
zenith4biz:

Anyway
IPhone 6 2015 170k
In 2025
Samsung Galaxy 6 #8000
IPhone 6 #10000
Think and spend wisely
Remember vote for GEJ

cool

5 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by tdayof(m): 5:28pm On Mar 23, 2015
undecided
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 23, 2015
zenith4biz:

Anyway
IPhone 6 2015 170k
In 2025
Samsung Galaxy 6 #8000
IPhone 6 #10000
Think and spend wisely
Remember vote for GEJ
True Talk Guy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Kylez(m): 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2015
They are also used to spy on you by the Chinese government lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Warlord3000(m): 7:00pm On Mar 23, 2015
Summary will now be.. Why do people still go for them cheesy
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by todayguest(m): 7:13pm On Mar 23, 2015
Kylez:
They are also used to spy on you by the Chinese government lipsrsealed
Do you think, the US versions are any different?

7 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by ITbomb(m): 8:18pm On Mar 23, 2015
I disagree with you on the first two items based on experiences.

My sis Samsung Galaxy had touch issue, and to replace it cost almost like to buy a new Tecno phone while I replaced a Tecno screen for a friend for just 2500.

2. Durability, the screen issue on the Samsung Galaxy I mentioned earlier was as a result of a single drop on the floor while my Opsson and Innjoo have fallen many times without any issue. Infinix zero had a peculiar problem which cannot be generalised

3. I can agree with you on the resale value

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by CashdownNG: 9:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
zenith4biz:

Anyway
IPhone 6 2015 170k
In 2025
Samsung Galaxy 6 #8000
IPhone 6 #10000
Think and spend wisely
Remember vote for GEJ

dude look at the link appended at the end.. my article.. cashdown nigeria. anyway back to topic, come on if you're the type that uses your phone for more than just fancy gaming or whatsapp then you might have to look at a strong brand.

i develop Android applications also and let me yep you bro, China phone fit fit kill person there.. drivers just dey drive of course and the rest..

all I'm saying is that be prepared and don't be penny wise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Dygeasy(m): 6:52am On Mar 24, 2015
CashdownNG:

dude look at the link appended at the end.. my article.. cashdown nigeria. anyway back to topic, come on if you're the type that uses your phone for more than just fancy gaming or whatsapp then you might have to look at a strong brand.

i develop Android applications also and let me yep you bro, China phone fit fit kill person there.. drivers just dey drive of course and the rest..

all I'm saying is that be prepared and don't be penny wise.
As long as you're not gonna distribute those supposed strong brands for free or make it available at cheaper prices, just STFU and mind your damn business.

To each his own.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by davidbanner(m): 8:49am On Mar 24, 2015
do u even know that some people use phones dat could rent a duplex? China made is cheap and affordable not all people could afford HIGH CLASS phones.

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by missdebs(f): 9:30am On Mar 24, 2015
chinco is chinco, weda xaome, lenovo, all na chinco

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by adenine02: 9:32am On Mar 24, 2015

I just got me a lenovo chinco
My protection on it is just 5months
After which I will give it my little girl to pack sand with
And I will get me another latest chinco
Not more than 15k
But for Samsung and I phones
I say BULLSHIT

7 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by horlabiyi(m): 9:32am On Mar 24, 2015
The only thing GOOD about CHINKO phone is just that you can have 4 of it and start a party

11 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 24, 2015
You can't always condemn China phones. Some China phones comes with great hardware and very solid software and UI.

10 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Misogynist2014(m): 9:32am On Mar 24, 2015
China phones are the most useless phones money can buy.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 24, 2015
The screen for a Samsung S3 is N16,000.

That can buy a good Tecno Android.

10 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by uche988(m): 9:32am On Mar 24, 2015
U mean chi-chi?

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by MKO4ever(m): 9:33am On Mar 24, 2015
Okay, thank you
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by XBLadez: 9:33am On Mar 24, 2015
You will need extra battery. China phones usually get hot like fever and that drains the power quickly. U have to keep a spare battery just in case, and that's bullshit
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Hysmady(m): 9:33am On Mar 24, 2015
Tell dem o...Especially the girls...Forming big girl
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by okon11: 9:34am On Mar 24, 2015
All is luck You can be lucky and buy a very durable China Phone that will last. Very soon there will be Nigeria Made. Even next year Nigeria will start Producing electric cars, But I wonder how it will work as Light is not stable.

Nigeria to Begin Electric Car Production Next Year
SOURCE: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/business-news/item/4150-nigeria-to-begin-electric-car-production-next-year
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by ggrin(f): 9:34am On Mar 24, 2015
Chinaandroid ko cotonuandroid ni undecided
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by iphanyiuma(m): 9:34am On Mar 24, 2015
Tecno users yo heard!!!
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by GodMode: 9:34am On Mar 24, 2015
I'm still waiting for naijadroid angryangryangry
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by efilefun(m): 9:34am On Mar 24, 2015
Lol
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by okoheemmanuel: 9:35am On Mar 24, 2015
i luv tecno z mini lol

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by MrMcJay(m): 9:35am On Mar 24, 2015
Ok. Stay be talking of established brands when the guys in China have dumped iPhone and Samsung for Xiaomi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by iphex(m): 9:35am On Mar 24, 2015
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hot!: Glo 1.2GB For N200 Valid For 3days / Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 / How To Upgrade Infinix Hot Note To Lollipop 5.1 [hot Thread]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.