Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) (30390 Views)

Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands / Lol. Nokia China Phones Now Having Iphone Design (see Photos) / The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by onatisi(m): 10:37am On Mar 24, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
To me what is phone without the internet. I prefer a 50k tecno to. A 130k galaxy s6 I use d diff to buy data.
ur post makes a lot of sense ,many ppl buy expensive phones without even knowing its functions or even how to tap into the phone potentials. Buy a phone that will serve ur needs and don't buy phones to impress ppl.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 24, 2015
CashdownNG:

dude look at the link appended at the end.. my article.. cashdown nigeria. anyway back to topic, come on if you're the type that uses your phone for more than just fancy gaming or whatsapp then you might have to look at a strong brand.

i develop Android applications also and let me yep you bro, China phone fit fit kill person there.. drivers just dey drive of course and the rest..

all I'm saying is that be prepared and don't be penny wise.

Don't waste your money, people.

It depends on what you call or classify as Chinko. Even in the western world, brands like lenovo, xaomi, Doogee are becoming popular and your Samsung or IPhone are getting less popular.

Never underestimate the upcoming brands and for your information Xaomi and Lenovo are ahead of the established brands even in China.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by seun001(m): 10:43am On Mar 24, 2015
Infinix is a French company that makes their phones in China
Apple is an American company that makes their phones in China.....

following from your reasoning, I phones are chinko phones
pls always do your research very well before you post rubbish.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by busky101(m): 10:47am On Mar 24, 2015
I bought a samsung galaxy note 2 on ebay last october for $103(#17650) wen dollar was fun. Someone priced it 4 28k lst week, i refused to sell it cos i know dat even if i use it until xmas i no go sell am d price wey i buy am...#mtk phones my foot
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Slimmos(m): 10:51am On Mar 24, 2015
op thanks but My M2 all d way...cut ur coat according to ur size.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by onatisi(m): 10:57am On Mar 24, 2015
seun001:

The op was talking about cheap phones ppl buy on aliexpress and other Chinese websites ,all these brands u mentioned are well known for the quality eg lenovo,xaiom, but there are hundreds of cheap china androids on aliexpress and dhgate that are of low quality which ppl are rushing to buy.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by TreasureTayo(m): 10:58am On Mar 24, 2015
Dreyl:
I use iphone 5c
na Chinese clone iPhone be DAT?? how much abeg grin
Dreyl:
I use iphone 5c
na Chinese clone iPhone be DAT?? how much abeg
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by geebehn(m): 11:11am On Mar 24, 2015
Warlord3000:
Summary will now be.. Why do people still go for them cheesy
Because,

they
are
cheap.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 24, 2015
Who gives a sh-t.... still rocking my Gionee P4.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Najwal: 11:36am On Mar 24, 2015
@op i dont entirely agree wit dis because i bought my gionee gpad g2 middle of 2013 up till when i had to change to another device, i neva had any issue what so ever wit dat beast, but i wanted a brand name so i went for sony xperia z, it was the bigest mistake i made in 2014, i bought it late november 2014, sold it january 2015, i rooted and almost freez all apps just to save battry but d battery keeps draining faster dan usual not to mention the frequent heating of the phone, and not just me other users from different part of the world are complaining of same, now am using Miezu m1note for 2 weeks now so far no issues and my sister is still enjoying the gionee gpad at present, so for me i think it all boils down to choice and wat works for u. One man meat dey say is anoda man's poison.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by jevic(m): 11:46am On Mar 24, 2015
I don't agree with you. If you are lucky, their droid will serve you well.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by sandrahnaub(f): 11:56am On Mar 24, 2015
Dreyl:
I use iphone 5c
who on earth asked u
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Youngpo413: 12:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
zenith4biz:
'Hidden facts' copy and paste no good............. Repent before it's too late

Anyway
Are you advising me to get Samsung Galaxy 6 or IPhone
The price of each phone would get me a piece of land in Ogun State
Remember the value of land appreciate while phone depreciates
A plot of land in 2015 @ #160k
Samsung Galaxy 6 in 2015 150+
IPhone 6 2015 170k
In 2025
The plot of land would be #5m
Samsung Galaxy 6 #8000
IPhone 6 #10000
Think and spend wisely
Remember vote for GEJ
not really a samsung galaxy,some lumia's are cheaper,better and more durable compared to those useless tecno,Gionee,Infinix and co
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Dreyl(m): 12:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
sandrahnaub:
who on earth asked u
who are you to question me
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by jiggaz(m): 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
@ OP, i disagree with you. I bought my Techno Phantom A in June 2013 and used it till February 2015 cos i bought a new phone and have to give it to my niece. The phone didn't give me any problem throughout the 21 months i used it. and my niece is still rocking the phone without any problem.

So OP, i dunno why u people like talking down on the so called China phones without using them. Not everyone can afford a Samsung Galaxy or iPhone. Cut ur cloth according to your size. Don't buy phones to impress people so far u are getting what u want from the phone. Mind u, infinix is a French company dat have base in China, likewise Samsung and Apple.

I now use Infinix Zero and it gives me everything i want in a phone. I Google every phone before buying.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Youngpo413: 12:12pm On Mar 24, 2015
kennygee:
The screen for a Samsung S3 is N16,000.

That can buy a good Tecno Android.
I'm surprised at you...
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Jimmyo3(m): 12:12pm On Mar 24, 2015
okon11:
All is luck You can be lucky and buy a very durable China Phone that will last. Very soon there will be Nigeria Made. Even next year Nigeria will start Producing electric cars, But I wonder how it will work as Light is not stable.

Nigeria to Begin Electric Car Production Next Year
SOURCE: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/business-news/item/4150-nigeria-to-begin-electric-car-production-next-year
Lolz,what is this one saying...it is not the electricity we consume at homes and offices that will be used to power the cars o...electric cars make use of solar panels inform of the car's roof or highly sophisticated car batteries to power itself.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by oribi(m): 12:12pm On Mar 24, 2015
i see someone mentioning Lenovo and thinking is a substandard company do you know how much Lenovo as a company is worth?do u know why china phones are cheap?educate yourself properly before you express your opinion in public..all your big brands samsung,lg,htc n co still use china items n some are made in china to the manufacturers specifications..
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by sandrahnaub(f): 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2015
Dreyl:
who are you to question me
nd who are you dat I can't question *spits on his feet * *walks out*
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Sammyblaq(m): 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
#Established brands...no point
phone na phone Op.
Those using samsung duos should check the country of production of the phone...
I remember when nokia was forming Hungary and Finland but 2day what do we have?
Know it dat china,india etc comes under Asia...check very well ur phone could be from one of the asia'nis.
Am just high cos my phone was coupled at st.Michaels Aba.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Lexusgs430: 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
Dreyl:
I use iphone 5c

Chinese clone ?
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by daamazing(m): 12:38pm On Mar 24, 2015
horlabiyi:
The only thing GOOD about CHINKO phone is just that you can have 4 of it and start a party
ah no fit laugh..u go even hold concert sef wif am..

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by alayo22002(m): 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2015
With my M3 I can do a lot of things,read pdf files,use as modem with my pc and do some tweaks and get free MB to soft the net abeg what else do I need smartphone for?

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
Najwal:
@op i dont entirely agree wit dis because i bought my gionee gpad g2 middle of 2013 up till when i had to change to another device, i neva had any issue what so ever wit dat beast, but i wanted a brand name so i went for sony xperia z, it was the bigest mistake i made in 2014, i bought it late november 2014, sold it january 2015, i rooted and almost freez all apps just to save battry but d battery keeps draining faster dan usual not to mention the frequent heating of the phone, and not just me other users from different part of the world are complaining of same, now am using Miezu m1note for 2 weeks now so far no issues and my sister is still enjoying the gionee gpad at present, so for me i think it all boils down to choice and wat works for u. One man meat dey say is anoda man's poison.

You made a very big mistake buying the Xperia z. It is a problematic phone thats why Sony released z1 earlier than planned. Next time, read reviews before purchasing a phone
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by CashdownNG: 1:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
Dygeasy:
As long as you're not gonna distribute those supposed strong brands for free or make it available at cheaper prices, just STFU and mind your damn business.

To each his own.

listening is definitely not your strongest suit... I'm simply saying that it's not all cheap that's good. you're just a silly guy looking for cheap likes.. what a shame.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by joshuaidibia(m): 1:10pm On Mar 24, 2015
CashdownNG:
Yes… That Chinadroid that seems so sleek and cheap might not just be the best for you.

We all have seen the advent of china phones coming in deluges to our Nigerian market. Well, cheap is always welcomed here as the economy makes people to adapt to get the last kobo value for any product purchased. However, unless you are buying for a short-term period(3-6 months), then you might need to review your policy on chinadroids.

Here are a couple of reasons to reconsider china phones:

SPARE PARTS:

Unfortunately, we are not privy to be close to china as neigbours, most times when a phone’s priced less than $80-100 then you got to ask, what’s the catch? most likely, the parts would be of the level you paid for, not only that, getting their replacements can be a huge pain that you can avoid by going for more recognized brands.

Durability:

Just as the above, they don’t just last especially for hardcore users.. a friend’s Infinix Zero is close to Zero now (Burial arrangements made) and all these claims to have a gorilla glass and all..Wait a minute, Gorilla glass on a $100 phone? erm…i really don’t think so. With the scarcity of specific parts to help you like i said earlier, when a fault develops you most likely think the selling path.

RESALE VALUE:

The Big one of three.. From my findings about reselling these gadgets either to users or people at computer village, alaba or any tech resell joint China phones and tablets come last. I reiterate: A Big LAST. We get cases whereby a phone for about N15,000 would be getting lowball offers of N7,000 at best.That’s for the best and cleanest ones compared to other goods that would be getting N10,000 and around, every second with your phone costs more than the amount you would have supposedly saved.

So all in all, don’t go with that idea that the phone your getting is a bargain, wait a bit and get reactions from other users, then perhaps measure it with what you want. From personal experience, it’s a lot more painful the stress and headaches than the extra dough cough out for your gadget at the end of the day.

culled from www.cashdown.com.ng/word-on-the-street-blog
So u call infinix zero 'China droid'? U funny. Research before posting crap. I use infinix zero since November last year.One of d few that bought d first release from Konga,and yet my fone is in 99% good condition. Guess ya frnd is jst rough with fones. Bkos i have frnds that uses iphone 5 nd d rest,yet their fone is close to 'Burial arrangements'.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by joshuaidibia(m): 1:11pm On Mar 24, 2015
seun001:

God bless you jare.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Collinz2(m): 1:14pm On Mar 24, 2015
onatisi:
the issue isn't the cost but the availability,even if it cost 200k that doesn't matter ,the point is it is available . What is the point of buying a phone that u can't get its spare parts easily
i know samsung spare parts are available but they are just too cost.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by Najwal: 1:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
ollah1:

You made a very big mistake buying the Xperia z. It is a problematic phone thats why Sony released z1 earlier than planned. Next time, read reviews before purchasing a phone

And am sure all the millions of pple using it facing thesame problem worldwide fail to read reviews
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying China Phones (Chinadroids) by spymybox: 1:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
FACT ARE NOT REAL BRO SEE THROUGH FACT ABOUT CHINA PHONES

When buying a phone online in China, you’ll even get more questions to answer. These questions are simplified to: Will this shop really send the phone to me? Will the phone work in my country? What guarantees do I get? I tried to answer these questions in my quest for buying a new phone online in China.

Benefits of buying a phone in China

A lot of choice

These phones were made as a white label by Chinese manufactories like Huawei. A few years ago these manufactories started to sell their phones by themselves. Together with all the little manufactories that want to get their share from this markets, this led to a large number of Chinese brands. Don’t forget the Chinese market itself is also a huge market. These Chinese brands produce for their own market as for the international market as well.

I was already familiar with bigger brands like Huawei, ZTE, Lenovo. Now I know there are brands like:

ZOPO, DooGee, MI, THL, LKD, Bluboo, Asus, Cubot, Leagoo, news4, JAYU, C3, Kingzone, Star, HTM, MBL, Kinksing, Landvo, Jiake, Mpie, Miljue, Xiaocai, Blackview, Utime, HaiPai, Elephone, Gfive, Royalstar, Pomp, iNew, Laaboo, M-Horse, LKD, Macxen, M Pai, Timmy, Citric, Feiteng, Mixc, Decca, Z.doxio, Mysaga, Ebest.

And this is only the beginning. During my search I found much more brands I never heard of before. It’s impossible to know them all. To give you a quick start I can recommend the following brands.

High end Chinese brands are:

http://chinnko.com/index.php?u=/topic/258/buying-a-phone-in-china-pros-and-cons

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does It Make Sense Buying An Iphone / I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number / Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.