Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Bobo Too Fine! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Bobo Too Fine! (2734 Views)

How I Handled The Babe I Met At Bobo's Place last Saturday / Ladies: Who Rocked This Shakiti Bobo Dance The Most.. Photos / Why Are Fine Boys Always Shy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bobo Too Fine! by omonozozo(m): 9:18pm On Sep 03, 2006
I wonder why it is that some Nigerian guys who don't look good still feel so confident about themselves and will tell you how handsome they are. They will try to convince you of this so much that you could almost believe them. I'm not talking about how someone dresses. My definition of a handsome guy is a guy with handsome facial features and a good body build, rather than someone who simply dresses smartly.

Ugly guys you know yourselves (e.g. Jim Iyke).  grin
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by bamidele(m): 9:57pm On Sep 03, 2006
I THINK ITS DOWN TO ONES MIND SET I AM AVERAGE LOOKING AND VERY CONFIDENT U WILL MEET SOME FINE BOBOS WHO SUFFER FROM LOW SELF ESTEEM AND GROWN TO BELIEVE THAT ITS NOT DONW TO UR LOOKS BUT A BELIEVE IN URSELF AND UR ABILITIES. YOU ALSO NEED TO GET RID OF THE FEAR IN U BE BOLD , TAKE RISKS AND ENJOY LIFE. AS FOR ME THAN ANY MAN ON THIS HEART BECOS I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SOUL - PERIOD
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by omonozozo(m): 10:10pm On Sep 03, 2006
bamidele:

You WILL MEET SOME FINE BOBOS WHO SUFFER FROM LOW SELF ESTEEM AND GROWN TO BELIEVE THAT ITS NOT DONW TO UR LOOKS BUT A BELIEVE IN URSELF AND UR ABILITIES.

You do have a point there!

Let me get this straight. I'm not saying that being confident in yourself even if you aren't handsome is a bad thing. On the contrary! In fact, it's a Nigerian trait that I like. It's all good, they should carry on doing what they are doing. My last comment was tongue-in-cheek, and intended as a joke.
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by bamidele(m): 10:16pm On Sep 03, 2006
U HAVE A point too my dear are u a nigerian
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by Eurphoria(f): 10:17pm On Sep 03, 2006
omonozozo

lol

this is my take, i feel the reason girls flock to some guys some wud consider ugly, is to do with exactly one word you mentioned and that is CONFIDENCE , i guess you dont realize that a very confident(not cocky or arrogant man) can be really sexy to a woman, same goes for girls, Something called[b] sex appeal[/b] comes with self confidence and this is why Jim Iyke wud be really attractive to some, personally he is not my cup of tea, but i see what others may see attractive in him and many like him.

It is not all about the ''aesthetics''  , there is something in everyone, i wish some ppl will see it and use it, but hey! each to their own. LOL never knock a guy for feeling confident just becos they dont have the classic good looks, I have seen some drop dead, gorgeous looking men and once you get to know them, there is nothin to them at all, they just void, void of personality, charm, confidence.
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by bamidele(m): 10:20pm On Sep 03, 2006
women want real men not wimps , men who can whip the pussy , take the lead, a leader and not a passenger , not a botton but a top , a strong man, vibrant mmmmmmmmmmmmh a man with confidence in tune with himself a together man
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by Eurphoria(f): 10:49pm On Sep 03, 2006
[/quote][quote author=bamidele link=topic=22185.msg590135#msg590135 date=1157318430]
women want real men not wimps , men who can whip the pussy , take the lead, a leader and not a passenger , not a botton but a top , a strong man, vibrant mmmmmmmmmmmmh a man with confidence in tune with himself a together man

@Bamidele
bloody heck! calm ur a$$ down , i feel you dont worry i do,. All this talk of whippin punanni, whoa! easy up!
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by Raymand(m): 10:57pm On Sep 03, 2006
I do not believe ugly people exist. Most people see ugly people only to feel better about themselves, just because someone doesn't fit your definition of 'fine' doesn't make that person ugly!
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by omonozozo(m): 11:21pm On Sep 03, 2006
bamidele:

You HAVE A point too my dear are u a nigerian

I am 100% Nigerian from Benin City, the home of the greatest Oba.
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by omonozozo(m): 11:28pm On Sep 03, 2006
Raymand:

I do not believe ugly people exist. Most people see ugly people only to feel better about themselves, just because someone doesn't fit your definition of 'fine' doesn't make that person ugly!

So in your opinion Quasimodo is beautiful. I guess I am vague. My bad.
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by desiree(f): 11:30pm On Sep 03, 2006
@topic

I thought only girls have this problem, the baboon butt ugly ones seem to think they are the best and walk around with a chip on their shoulder. I don’t think anybody is ugly too but their attitude makes them uglier.
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by omonozozo(m): 11:34pm On Sep 03, 2006
desiree:

@topic

the baboon butt ugly ones seem to think they are the best and walk around with a chip on their shoulder.
lol cheesy grin
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by iice(f): 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2006
desiree right on! lol
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:30pm On Sep 05, 2006
lol grin
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by Oracle(m): 5:56am On Oct 06, 2006
I don't believe in the Ugly syndrome
Everybody is beautyful in his/her own way.
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by neelsel(f): 7:07pm On Oct 06, 2006
bamidele:

Que las ti ma! - that's spanish for" what a pity"
And I am feeling pity for you right now.
To the other intelligent people contributing to the topic, let's continue.
As Europhria, Oracle et al mentioned, I do believe beauty is an internal rather than an external attribute. I have experienced ugliesness in its entirety from some of the most physically beautiful human beings. Another factor worthy of note, is that far too many times, guys tend to misrepresent beauty with arrogance. One fine example is Mr. Kanye West,
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by katherinae(f): 11:08pm On Oct 06, 2006
omononzo

i completelu agree wit u, its a real turn off fo ra guy who i dont think is up to par, coming and actin glike he is mister universe. dressing is a plus but to try to convince someone tha tu are very handsome is ludacris.
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by windywendy(f): 5:44pm On Oct 09, 2006
neelsel:

Another factor worthy of note, is that far too many times, guys tend to misrepresent beauty with arrogance. One fine example is Mr. Kanye West,

Oh and I thought I was the only one with this impression. I watched Kanye West interview with Oprah and despite all the fine facial features and talent, I went away with a very disturbing in a really bad way impression of him! Pride can sure make things look ugly pretty quickly grin grin

Anyway back to topic: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and for most of us, includes character as well smiley
Re: Bobo Too Fine! by lawyer(m): 8:36pm On Sep 06, 2007
Raymand:

hen hen! why you no find obj marry?

(1) (Reply)

If Ur Lady Is Cheating On You What Will U Do / I Am Married, My Boss Is Married But We Are Still Dating! / Why Are Ladies More Interested In Marriage Than Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.