Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,860 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region (41239 Views)

Falsehood in APC Fuel Price :Real Cost Of Petrol Breakdown ...by Tam David West / List Of Countries By Electricity Production, See Nigeria As At 2011. / Tinubu's Comment On Buhari At 2011 ACN Rally In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by snapshot: 6:47pm On Mar 27, 2015
gabicon:
gej will win ss and se
gmb will win ne and nw
gej & gmb will share nc
i cant predict sw its going to be the decider.

fair opinion
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by InvertedHammer: 6:54pm On Mar 27, 2015
barcanista:
SOUTH-WEST
Jonathan: 2,786,417
Buhari: 321,609
Ribadu: 1,369,943
Turnout: 32.3%

SOUTH-EAST
Jonathan: 4,985,246
Buhari: 20,335
Ribadu: 25,517
Turnout: 66.9%

SOUTH-SOUTH
Jonathan: 6,118,608
Buhari: 49,978
Ribadu: 144,141
Turnout: 67.0%

TOTAL  SOUTH
Jonathan: 13,890,271
Buhari: 391,922
Ribadu: 1,539,601
Turnout: 52.0%

NORTH-WEST
Jonathan: 3,395,724
Buhari: 6,453,437
Ribadu: 146,216
Shekarau: 612,541
Turnout: 54.5%

NORTH-EAST
Jonathan: 1,832,622
Buhari: 3,624,919
Ribadu: 84,273
Shekarau: 198,837
Turnout: 54.2%

NORTH-CENTRAL
Jonathan: 3,123,126
Buhari: 1,612,999
Ribadu: 306,684
Shekarau: 40,175
Turnout: 48.2%

TOTAL NORTH
Jonathan: 8,351,472
Buhari: 11,691,355
Ribadu: 537,173
Shekarau: 851,553

TOTAL FCT
Jonathan: 253,444
Buhari: 131,576
Ribadu: 2,327
Shekarau: 3,170

[size=13pt]COUNTRY TOTAL:[/size]
Jonathan: 22,495,187 (58.89%)

Buhari: 12,214,853 (31.98%)
Ribadu: 2,079,101 (5.41%)
Shekarau: 917,012 (2.10%)
Others: 503,771 (1.31%)

Reference: http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20110419040622zg/sections/general-articles/details-of-2011-presidential-election-results-in-nigeria/

/
Those were numbers assigned by the invisible hands.

PVC will reveal the real result this time.
\
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by utuk: 7:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
please wake up from your dream
we need change but certainly not buhari
how do you win election with having structures on nairaland
APC do not have a workable structure to win an election
GEJ is winning again.
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by Raiders: 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2015
barcanista:
So you think the whole of NW/NE 22.5M are for GMB? This is the same mistake of GMB since 2003. In 2011 GEJ defeated GMB in Adamawa State(NE). He defeated him in Nasarawa State too. In Kaduna State (NW) GEJ had 1.2M while GMB had 1.35M. You pro GMB folks should come to reality that the North East and NW is always divided along religion with the 35-40% voting for GEJ and PDP(Obj in 2003). The NC has always been PDP/GEJ stronghold with GMB trailing(except Niger in 2011). The SW can never go to Buhari. AC/ACN has never won SW in any Presidential election. They have never even been close to winning. However, the SS and SE are no-go-areas for Buhari.

Jonathan Shall Lead Again!!!
In politics, one day is like 1 year so 4 yrs is a really long time in politics. Its very wrong to use 2011 election to judge and predict 2015 elections. Also you claim that 30-40% of SW non indigines will vote for GEJ what you failed to realized is that Hausa/northerners account for more than than 50% of SW non indigines and may likely vote for Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by IGWISE(m): 7:22pm On Mar 27, 2015
Gudluck will be declared winner again.
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by Nobody: 7:26pm On Mar 27, 2015
You are right. Without an opposition,one can't give his best.
Truckpusher:
The two strong party system is a good thing for our young democracy.

Let them lose the election but I do not support total anihilation of a party that gave the PDP a run for their money.

We need parties like the APC in a more approachable form to keep the PDP on their toes else they'll return to the OBJ era where the President was worshipped like a mini god thereby giving him this overbloated sense of entitlement while running Nigeria like his Ota farm.

APC is a good development even as their selfish interest is being put forward first before the interest of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by Truckpusher(m): 7:45pm On Mar 27, 2015
Peppyluv:
You are right. Without an opposition,one can't give his best.
In as much as I support the PDP I still have this ideology that the APC despite their modus operandi is still a good evil and that is if we classify it as evil - politics aside.

If you leave power in the hands of some folks they'll screw the entire society and no one can do jack , but right now the PDP is still a better evil.

Jonathan till APC fields a healthy,intelligent and a better candidate and not a man that held my father down, truncated my first freedom of expression and sent my generations backward

I'll rather be in my grave than to be ruled over by the same man that kept me in slavery when he had all it takes to remove those oppressive chains from my ankles - instead he added more.

Buhari will only be president of this country in Arewa kingdom and not in a secular Nigeria of the South west , Niger Delta , Igboland and the good people of the minority group of the middle belt region.

The Afonjas of the South West will never send us back to where we have been trying to come back from for 50 yrs.

Buhari will never rule this country again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by Firefire(m): 7:59pm On Mar 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
In as much as I support the PDP I still have this ideology that the APC despite their modus operandi is still a good evil and that is if we classify it as evil - politics aside.

If you leave power in the hands of some folks they'll screw the entire society and no one can do jack , but right now the PDP is still a better evil.

Jonathan till APC fields a healthy,intelligent and a better candidate and not a man that held my father down, truncated my first freedom of expression and sent my generations backward

I'll rather be in my grave than to be ruled over by the same man that kept me in slavery when he had all it takes to remove those oppressive chains from my ankles - instead he added more.

Buhari will only be president of this country in Arewa kingdom and not in a secular Nigeria of the South west , Niger Delta , Igboland and the good people of the minority group of the middle belt region.

The Afonjas of the South West will never send us back to where we have been trying to come back from for 50 yrs.

Buhari will never rule this country again.

NEVER AGAIN shall we allow BOOOHARY to rule Nigeria in this 21st century.

Nigerians, shine your eyes.
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by mustymatic(m): 8:04pm On Mar 27, 2015
barcanista:
looking at the trend I doubt if the voting pattern in the SW, NE and NC will be anyway different from that of 2011. The only difference will be that Buhari will get more votes in SW and NC than he had in 2011 but Jonathan will still win the regions. The NW has been traditional Buhari slaughter ground except Kaduna where it is usually 51-49 in favore of Buhari(Thanks to the Southern Kaduna Christian Population). The election will come and go and Jonathan will again be re-elected. The Reality on ground favors him.
Hahaha... those southern kaduna population no longer want a govt dat is still terrorizing its citizens. We are wise now!
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by mustymatic(m): 8:06pm On Mar 27, 2015
barcanista:
looking at the trend I doubt if the voting pattern in the SW, NE and NC will be anyway different from that of 2011. The only difference will be that Buhari will get more votes in SW and NC than he had in 2011 but Jonathan will still win the regions. The NW has been traditional Buhari slaughter ground except Kaduna where it is usually 51-49 in favore of Buhari(Thanks to the Southern Kaduna Christian Population). The election will come and go and Jonathan will again be re-elected. The Reality on ground favors him.
Hahaha... those southern kaduna population no longer want a govt dat is still terrorizing its citizens. We are wise now! nuf said
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by bigmo1(m): 8:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Slow your roll bro. A LOT has since Changed. Enter Card Readers. There's no way in hell GEJ will be getting inflated votes in his SS/SE strongholds as was the case in 2011. If anything, his support base has shrunk significantly -- unless you wanna kid yourself, there's absolutely no way GEJ will be winning the SW this time around, so X that bro.

I don't need to rehash the tales of massing rigging that went down in the SS/SE back then as I believe its now common knowledge.

Quit deceiving yourself bro. I know you're trying really hard to convince yourself that GEJ stands a chance this time around, but I know for a fact even you don't buy your own crap.
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by PLEXPLEX(m): 8:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
egift:
1. Since 2011, a lot has changed.
2. Nigerians are now aware of the incompetence of Jonathan.
3. Unlike 2011, APC have a wider and stronger political structures than CPC.
4. More voters, politicians, international communities now embrace the candidacy of Buhari.
5. The 2015 Campaign of Buhari is better funded and has been issue based, unlike Jonathan who spent more attacking the person of Buhari.
6. Buhari has penetrated Jonathan's primary stronghold, while Jonathan has lost ground in where GMB's base.
7. Nigerians are not happy with how things have been handled under Jonathan. Everyone wants Change. Apart from improvements in few places, we can't see any transformation in Jonathan's cosmetics.
8. Buhari has better understanding to the problems facing Nigerian. Untill 2015 New Year Message, Jonathan never accepted Corruption was a big problem.
9. Buhari and his Team have ran a better Presidential Campaign than Jonathan, even with smaller fund. Same thing to expect in the incoming administration.

Therefore this 2015, it is Mathematically impossible for Buhari to lose.

Sai Buhari.

RUBBISH SUMISSION!
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by PLEXPLEX(m): 8:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
Firefire:
As of today Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has 73% Nigerians vote. If you are not aware please wait and see.

FORGET THE MUMU
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by twinstee84: 8:28pm On Mar 27, 2015
God help nigeria on coming election i pray for free and fair election in this forth coming election
melvin0004:
smbody is sleeping on a moving bicycle, pls wake up frm ur dreams. ......
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by Joe82834(m): 8:32pm On Mar 27, 2015
angelsing:
Thanks buddy!
Welcome.respect
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by dolido: 9:42pm On Mar 27, 2015
Bai Buhari!
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by mjames: 9:48pm On Mar 27, 2015
egift:
4. More voters, politicians, international communities now embrace the candidacy of Buhari.
5. The 2015 Campaign of Buhari is better funded and has been issue based, unlike Jonathan who spent more attacking the person of Buhari.
6. Buhari has penetrated Jonathan's primary stronghold, while Jonathan has lost ground in where GMB's base.
7. Nigerians are not happy with how things have been handled under Jonathan. Everyone wants Change. Apart from improvements in few places, we can't see any transformation in Jonathan's cosmetics.
8. Buhari has better understanding to the problems facing Nigerian. Untill 2015 New Year Message, Jonathan never accepted Corruption was a big problem.
9. Buhari and his Team have ran a better Presidential Campaign than Jonathan, even with smaller fund. Same thing to expect in the incoming administration.

Sai Buhari.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by babestella: 10:06pm On Mar 27, 2015
LRNZH:

This is the best GEJ can ever get in any elections in Nigeria. We know GEJ support base has dwindled and shrunk to the SE, SS and some Middle Belt sates.
GMB is billed to take the SW, all of the NE/NW states and some MB states.

GMB is taking 2015. This is the new most realistic projections below.

Mark this post.
Nigeria Sai Baba

Bros, do you think those in NE are s1lly? Even if they will not vote GEJ, they will never vote Buhari a man who said "killing boko haram is war against the north" it clearly shows that GMB supports the boko haram that has ravaged the landscape of NE. So forget that your analysis, NE might sympathetically throw their weight behind GEJ because of the successes he has recorded in this few weeks. Mind you, NE has large number of christian population too most of whom are majorly attacked by boko haram.
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by scotz101(m): 10:58pm On Mar 27, 2015
egift:

Sai Buhari.

mathematically impossible, but divinely sure!
He'll loose!!
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by scotz101(m): 11:03pm On Mar 27, 2015
Joe82834:

A good mathematics student should understand this. 85% PVC collection and he meant 95% of those will go to jonathan.simple maths dear

lol bros calm down, the fact he's on nairaland dosnt mean he sabi math na....hehehehe
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by sweetgala(m): 11:06pm On Mar 27, 2015
If GEJ wins tomorrow it would be shame on the Nigerians that voted him in not shame on ACN , because Tinubu or Buhari's children are not about to suffer or have their future jeopardized and mismanaged by an incompetent idi0t, however your's is

1 Like

Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by Adelebadmos(m): 11:40pm On Mar 27, 2015
Adelebadmos:

Add to that the north now has 40million plus P(please) V(vote 4) C(change), PVC's, while the south has less than 18 milion PvC's!!!

Thus, all the north now needs is to just lock up its now for its own now or never!!! cry

Add to that the north now has 40million plus P(please) V(vote 4) C(change), PVC's, while the south has less than 18 milion PvC's!!!

Thus, all the north now needs is to just lock up its now for its own now or never!!!
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by Dmano: 1:37am On Mar 28, 2015
My question,at what point do u support buhari,is it when tinubu said so?becus he said gej has fail so he has fail,yesterday he said obj had fail &u said yes,but 2day he said obj was succesful & u said yes i hope 2morow he wont said gej was a saint afterall
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by tizz04(m): 2:03am On Mar 28, 2015
egift:

Sai Buhari.
if buhari wins I'd delete my nairaland account buh if goodluck wins I'd get ur number..deal?
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by ighodalonosa(m): 2:27am On Mar 28, 2015
egift:

Sai Buhari.

ROBOTS MAGNIFYING LIKES. IF U LIKE MAGNIFY INEC RESULT. PDP WILL WIN STILL.
SHOW UR PASSPORT IF U RE NOT A ROBOT.
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by Ovamboland(m): 3:23am On Mar 28, 2015
barcanista:

1. What has changed in the South in GMB's favor? Even in the north East and North West the 30-40% Christian population are yet to embrace Buhari. The violence by his supporters in 2011 never helped matters..

2. In 2007 AC/ACN in partnership with renegade PDP led by Atiku and some Governors couldn't secure the SW for Atiku neither could they win Adamawa State. Atiku only had a meagre 2million votes(compare with ribadu 2011). He lost Adamawa despite having incumbent Governor. Buhari had incumbent Governors in Kano, Zamfara, Borno, Yobe, Kebbi and one other state but couldn't score up to 20% in the poll. He even lost in his Katsina and (I think KD). All the Noise of AC never materialised into votes for Atiku, neither did the ANPP noise. The so-called APC Governors will not make much effect.

3. Lol @ international support. Do they have PVC? Did international community support Yaradua in 2007 and Nantayahu in 2015? Or Mugabe of Zimbabwe?

4. Atiku spent money in 2007 but couldn't get up to 3million votes. Even Buhari that spent less had more votes than him.
Note that Atiku rode on Tinubu's struxture in the SW.

Edo for instance voted Oshiomole in 2007 because of personality but voted Yaradua because of PDP structure at the Presidential level. Money without political structure is ZERO!

Like I said, nothing has changed for Buhari's favor.

You are not known to be making pedestrian analysis like this before as you neglect important factors.

- Major power blocks in the middle belt that gave Jonathan huge votes has since transferred to APC - Saraki et al
- The alliance talk between CPC and ACN that collapsed made many lost interest in the election and simply stayed away, SW low turn out
- Major inroads has been made into SE/SS by APC
- Many PDP northern politicians who listened to OBJ's plea that Jonathan will do single term feel betrayed and will not mobilize as before.
- SW controlling political structure has much more to gain in an APC presidency than anything PDP can offer
- SE/SS citizens can easily evaluate if they are better off after giving unalloyed support to Jonathan, not everybody is stupid
- Other factors include reforms and innovation that may reduce vote stuffing and moonslide victories

1 Like

Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by Ovamboland(m): 3:38am On Mar 28, 2015
barcanista:
Of course! We just hope that some APC supporters won't cause trouble after GEJ has been declared winner. Well, Military has bEen ordered to Shoot at sight. grin grin grin grin

Never knew you're this empty
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by MrCEO69(m): 4:52am On Mar 28, 2015
egift:

Sai Buhari.
am waiting for you to join ur master in crying... AGain!!!
Is it the likes of tinibu that will stop corruption...and the rest of old politician, jumping fr0 one place to another calming change! Same set of pple.. Who r u deceiving... Mostly why the sw like the idea of buhari is because he will soon die an d vice will tk over who is frm sw.. Bt it isn't gonna happy bro...
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by chinnyness122(f): 10:26am On Mar 28, 2015
The result u show case are lyk dat because majority of the Nigerian population had faith in Goodluck but now I doubt if it will still be dat way cos doz majority have lost faith in him

make I dey observe shaa
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by macof(m): 10:46am On Mar 28, 2015
LRNZH:

This is the best GEJ can ever get in any elections in Nigeria. We know GEJ support base has dwindled and shrunk to the SE, SS and some Middle Belt sates.
GMB is billed to take the SW, all of the NE/NW states and some MB states.

GMB is taking 2015. This is the new most realistic projections below.

Mark this post.
Nigeria Sai Baba

undecided I still don't understand why morons like urself keep thinking SW is for APC
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by jaybee3(m): 5:38am On Mar 30, 2015
@ barcanista

Where are ya?
Re: Another Look At 2011 Result Breakdown By Region by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 30, 2015
macof:

undecided I still don't understand why morons like urself keep thinking SW is for APC
Now tell me who is the slowpoke between you and him??APC just won 5 south west states out of 6!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Militants Strip Women Unclad In Akwa Ibom And Film Them / EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe / Moment Nasiru Gawuna Was Taken By Police For Disrupting Collation Of Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.