Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Yeah....confused! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Yeah....confused! (3704 Views)

Dating A Guy Who Barely Calls Or Texts And Sometimes Ignore #Confused / Ladies Love Seexxx Like Hell Yeah (don't Beleive Otherwise!)... / Jacinta Sat On My Bed And Was Saying ''o Yeah'' ''cum Onto Me Lord'' (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yeah....confused! by MzzTega(f): 6:03pm On Mar 27, 2015
Okay! I don't know what title to give this cry. But seriously, I'm confused. Came back home from school for the election and i remembered I got a birthday gift from a friend and i'm yet to show them to my parents,so after today's morning devotion i brought it out and they where like Wow!! This is beautiful.(got the gift from a guy who is interested in me) I got a boyfriend tho and they all know. But they where giving me reason why they prefer the other guy to my boyfriend cry.
It was crazy tho cos my siblings where there and the look on their faces was something else. My siblings like my boyfriend tho. During the Xmas break,my boyfriend came home to see me, after he left my father told me in the presence of my siblings that he does not like him,i asked him why,he gave no reason. He likes the other guy,and when that one visits he jokes with him and his friends. It's hurts. And this is my first relationship. My dad does not know how to hide his feelings,and i know that sooner or later my boyfriend will know what's up.
Has anyone been through this before
To the guys; How will you feel when you get know your girlfriend's parent don't like you?

1 Like

Re: Yeah....confused! by falconey(m): 6:03pm On Mar 27, 2015
will be back to comment.

you said this is your 1st relationship you must be between 18- 22.

I say play along you still have time,is not like you are geting married or something.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Yeah....confused! by iceberylin(m): 6:05pm On Mar 27, 2015
Dad is jealous of his replacement grin
Re: Yeah....confused! by Cutehector(m): 6:07pm On Mar 27, 2015
As d adage says, wat an elder sits down and sees, d child who climbs an iroko tree may not be able to see it. Thr is more to it dan it meets d eye. I believ time will tell.
Re: Yeah....confused! by ronald4lif(m): 6:08pm On Mar 27, 2015
Is your boyfriend of a different tribe as you and is the new guy of same tribe.

Are they both of same faith (like same church as you) or different.

How about state?

Is your boyfriend up and doing well for himself as compared to the new guy?
Re: Yeah....confused! by MissAdeife(f): 6:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
Get a concise answer to why your dad hates your boyfriend first ..

2 Likes

Re: Yeah....confused! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
I have a few question for you.

Have your parents met this new guy??

What is about your boyfriend your parents don't like??

Why do they prefer the new guy??

Answer to these questions will go a long way.
Re: Yeah....confused! by MzzTega(f): 6:14pm On Mar 27, 2015
ronald4lif:
Is your boyfriend of a different tribe as you and is the new guy of same tribe.

Are they both of same faith (like same church as you) or different.

How about state?

Is your boyfriend up and doing well for himself as compared to the new guy?
Both of them are igbo.
My boyfriend is in his finals,aint working.
The other guy is a student and his working.
My boyfriend attends same church as me but a different branch.
The other guy attends AoG.
The other guy buys me stuffs.
The device I'm using he bought it.
This guy is working so the money is there.
Re: Yeah....confused! by MzzTega(f): 6:15pm On Mar 27, 2015
iceberylin:
Dad is jealous of his replacement grin
lol. go and sleep joor
Re: Yeah....confused! by MzzTega(f): 6:19pm On Mar 27, 2015
AgapeCharis:
I have a few question for you.

Have your parents met this new guy??

What is about your boyfriend your parents don't like??

Why do they prefer the new guy??

Answer to these questions will go a long way.
Yes,they know this new guy.
Daddy said he has no reason. in his words and i quote ‘‘Nothing o,maybe i will get to like him''
he said that on the first of January. This is March and his feeling have nt change.
Mummy said she's studying him. *sighs*
Re: Yeah....confused! by Tallesty1(m): 6:20pm On Mar 27, 2015
You even get luck say ur parents dey allow you to bring ur dates home.

You need to see the maps some nland dudes draw and the kinda planning, timing and scheming dey do when their bae want to visit just to make sure dia mom or dad no see her because nah die if em get caught.

1 Like

Re: Yeah....confused! by MzzTega(f): 6:20pm On Mar 27, 2015
MissAdeife:
Get a concise answer to why your dad hates your boyfriend first ..
No reason. That's what he said.
Re: Yeah....confused! by MzzTega(f): 6:21pm On Mar 27, 2015
Cutehector:
As d adage says, wat an elder sits down and sees, d child who climbs an iroko tree may not be able to see it. Thr is more to it dan it meets d eye. I believ time will tell.
Ok o
Re: Yeah....confused! by MzzTega(f): 6:23pm On Mar 27, 2015
falconey:
will be back to comment.

you said this is your 1st relationship you must be between 18- 22.

I say play along you still have time,is not like you are geting married or something.
Play along with my parents?
Re: Yeah....confused! by ronald4lif(m): 6:25pm On Mar 27, 2015
MzzTega:

Both of them are igbo.

Okay. Just like someone earlier suggested you should find out from your dad why he doesn't like your boyfriend. You can do this by pleading with a brother of yours to find out from him as it might be more convenient for them to ask him.

Your boyfriend as a final year student got loads of prospects to succeed after graduating, same as the new guy. He attends same church as you and they both are of same tribe as you as well. Only difference is the working aspect. That is likely to change after he's through with his studies so I don't seem to understand why your dad doesn't like him. It's not like the new guy is through with studies.

My advise is that you stand your grounds and don't let your father bamboozle you. Stick with your boyfriend he'll come around.

But please permit me to ask. How come you got so close to this new guy to the extend of receiving gifts from him when you're already involve with someone? It seems you're too close to him for comfort. No offense meant.

4 Likes

Re: Yeah....confused! by MzzTega(f): 6:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
ronald4lif:

Okay. Just like someone earlier suggested you should find out from your dad why he doesn't like your boyfriend. You can do this by pleading with a brother of yours to find out from him as it might be convenience for them to ask him.

Your boyfriend as a final year student got loads of prospects to succeed after graduating, same as the new guy. He attends same church as you and they both are of same tribe as you as well. Only difference is the working aspect. That is likely to change after he's through with his studies so I don't seem to understand why your dad doesn't like him. It's not like the new guy is through with studies.

My advise is that you stand your grounds and don't let your father bamboozle you. Stick with your boyfriend he'll come around.

But permit to ask. How come you got so close to this new guy till the extend of receiving gifts from him when you're already involve with someone? It seems you're too close to him for comfort. No offense meant.
I'm not Igbo.
My Mum don't really like the tribe tho. But My Dad his cool with them wella.
The other guy was my friend before ‘‘the attraction'' came up.
Re: Yeah....confused! by zyzxx(m): 6:35pm On Mar 27, 2015
be patience
Re: Yeah....confused! by ronald4lif(m): 6:35pm On Mar 27, 2015
MzzTega:

I'm not Igbo.
My Mum don't really like the tribe tho. But My Dad his cool with them wella.
The other guy was my friend before ‘‘the attraction'' came up.

Has the new guy been a family friend before the attraction came up?. Like your dad and other family members new him for a long time now?
Re: Yeah....confused! by MzzTega(f): 6:41pm On Mar 27, 2015
ronald4lif:

Has the new guy been a family friend before the attraction came up?. Like your dad and other family members new him for a long time now?
I really can't say when the attraction started.
Yes,they knw him. like 2yrs nw.
Re: Yeah....confused! by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 27, 2015
MzzTega:

Yes,they know this new guy.
Daddy said he has no reason. in his words and i quote ‘‘Nothing o,maybe i will get to like him''
he said that on the first of January. This is March and his feeling have nt change.
Mummy said she's studying him. *sighs*
Well, it's not much of a problem. Maybe when you tell your dad why you prefer your boyfriend, he'll get to play along. You know our oldies tend to reason differently from us. It may just be one little thing like his physique or his accent or the way he walks or one small thing like that your dad just saw and saw and disliked thereby disliking everything about the guy. You could really get your dad to like him. You'll need a lot of patience though.

Just like ronald4lif pointed out....This new guy is the one that bought the device you're using currently. He has bought several gifts which you accept and show your parents. I think this is where the problem lies. Suppose you didn't give them the impression that this new guy "loves you so much" to the extent that he's already taking care of your needs (uplifting their burden), this issue wouldn't have come up.

2 Likes

Re: Yeah....confused! by MzzTega(f): 6:49pm On Mar 27, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Well, it's not much of a problem. Maybe when you tell your dad why you prefer your boyfriend, he'll get to play along. You know our oldies tend to reason differently from us. It may just be one little thing like his physique or his accent or the way he walks or one small thing like that your dad just saw and saw and disliked thereby disliking everything about the guy. You could really get your dad to like him. You'll need a lot of patience though.

Just like ronald4lif pointed out....This new guy is the one that bought the device you're using currently. He has bought several gifts which you accept and show your parents. I think this is where the problem lies. Suppose you didn't give them the impression that this new guy "loves you so much" to the extent that he's already taking care of your needs (uplifting their burden), this issue wouldn't have come up.
It seems so.....the gifts.
And one thing i noticed again. My boyfriend does not talk. I guess it pisses them off.
Re: Yeah....confused! by ronald4lif(m): 6:52pm On Mar 27, 2015
MzzTega:

I really can't say when the attraction started.
Yes,they knw him. like 2yrs nw.

Oh well. Given that he (your dad) has known him for years he must have his reasons for prefering him over your man, concrete ones. It could be his gentle nature, his family background and upbringing. Could also be his future prospect of becoming successful. Whichever reason(s) he has should be considered carefully.

But I'm still of the opinion that you stand your grounds and don't quit whatever relationship you have with your man, until he gives you strong reasons to. Let this new guy know you're already involve with someone else and it's only him and no one else. It'll also be helpful if you can reduce the frequency to which you both communicate. And just maybe stop collecting further gifts from him as that could be misconstrue that you're interested in him. Well, that's if you're not in to him already.

2 Likes

Re: Yeah....confused! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 27, 2015
MzzTega:

And one thing i noticed again. My boyfriend does not talk. I guess it pisses them off.
Yea that's it. The gifts. If you really love your boyfriend and want to remain with him, maybe you should start considering to stop accepting the new guy's gifts. You should also tell your boyfriend to try to be lively around your parents. He doesn't have to be a noisemaker. He should just be lively. Does your dad love politics?? If yes, he could discuss politics with him sometimes. He could also check up on your mum once in a while with a call. I guess that will help.

2 Likes

Re: Yeah....confused! by Brugo(m): 7:01pm On Mar 27, 2015
undecided

Chase the new guy away.
Re: Yeah....confused! by baralatie(m): 8:25pm On Mar 27, 2015
MzzTega:

Both of them are igbo.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
this your story get k leg!
your admiting to relationship sound unbelieving!
Re: Yeah....confused! by kpolli(m): 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2015
MzzTega:
Okay! I don't know what title to give this cry. But seriously, I'm confused. Came back home from school for the election and i remembered I got a birthday gift from a friend and i'm yet to show them to my parents,so after today's morning devotion i brought it out and they where like Wow!! This is beautiful.(got the gift from a guy who is interested in me) I got a boyfriend tho and they all know. But they where giving me reason why they prefer the other guy to my boyfriend cry.
It was crazy tho cos my siblings where there and the look on their faces was something else. My siblings like my boyfriend tho. During the Xmas break,my boyfriend came home to see me, after he left my father told me in the presence of my siblings that he does not like him,i asked him why,he gave no reason. He likes the other guy,and when that one visits he jokes with him and his friends. It's hurts. And this is my first relationship. My dad does not know how to hide his feelings,and i know that sooner or later my boyfriend will know what's up.
Has anyone been through this before
To the guys; How will you feel when you get know your girlfriend's parent don't like you?

Why is the other guy visiting your family already? You're already planning to cheat or dump your boyfriend
Re: Yeah....confused! by kinglekan: 10:11pm On Mar 27, 2015
MzzTega:

Is ur bf aware there is another guy lurking around buying u gifts, including this device you are using?

Am trying really hard to understand your story ooo. He buys u gifts, comes visiting, ur parents now know and accept him and yet u are complaining??

Seems u enjoy having both guys around. One to meet ur emotional needs, the other to buy u things.
Re: Yeah....confused! by MzzTega(f): 10:16pm On Mar 27, 2015
ronald4lif:

Oh well. Given that he (your dad) has known him for years he must have his reasons for prefering him over your man, concrete ones. It could be his gentle nature, his family background and upbringing. Could also be his future prospect of becoming successful. Whichever reason(s) he has should be considered carefully.

But I'm still of the opinion that you stand your grounds and don't quit whatever relationship you have with your man, until he gives you strong reasons to. Let this new guy know you're already involve with someone else and it's only him and no one else. It'll also be helpful if you can reduce the frequency to which you both communicate. And just maybe stop collecting further gifts from him as that could be misconstrue that you're interested in him. Well, that's if you're not in to him already.

The other guy knows about my boyfriend already.
Re: Yeah....confused! by ronald4lif(m): 10:22pm On Mar 27, 2015
MzzTega:

The other guy knows about my boyfriend already.

I'm afraid but you've to tell the new guy off. That's the logical and moral thing to do.
Re: Yeah....confused! by MzzTega(f): 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2015
baralatie:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
this your story get k leg!
your admiting to relationship sound unbelieving!
Still wondering why my story is k legged 2 you.
And the later part of your post,i don't understand.
Re: Yeah....confused! by vjsmiles: 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2015
yho dad has joined the gold digging community.. grin

1 Like

Re: Yeah....confused! by Houseofglam7(f): 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2015
Had to read all the comments before typing anything, and now, even I am confused .

Abeg make we wallow in this confusion until solution come

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Out My Beautiful Fiance(pics). / Help! Cant Approach A Girl. Advice Pls. / is Your Big Nyansh (buttocks) a Disease Or An Asset?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.