Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Jagaban - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jagaban (44839 Views)

Networth And Real Estates Of Tinubu (jagaban) / Osinbajo Bags Jagaban Title In Adamawa (Photo) / Who Is The JAGABAN Of Delta State Politics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jagaban by laudate: 11:36pm On Mar 31, 2015
ilugunboy:

In as much as you are entitled to your opinion .....I will never be a part of your attempt to bring ridicule to the person of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.....you obviously sound like someone with personal beef for him and have been waiting for this type of thread to surface for you to pour your venom on the man.

I do not have a personal beef with the man! But actions speak louder than words. undecided There is no venom anywhere.

The man's actions say a lot about the kind of man he is. Nepotism, greed, cronyism and bad faith are all traits that typify Tinubu. What is bad, is bad.

Just watch and see..! sad
Re: Jagaban by onegig(m): 11:37pm On Mar 31, 2015
Awo and Tinubu?

Who's making that comparison?

Even Tinubu himself would not utter that word.

I don't need to add to the numerous comments on that subject topic. I have cut out pieces of Awo's articles and I have never been bored by such intellectual and political prowess.

Did I just read Awo wasn't ready to compromise and Tinubu's ability to do this makes him better?

You would do well to put their situations into perspective.

He operated when the Nigerian state was still practising regional governance and you don't have the 2/3 rules we have now to force his hand to compromise to form a regional government.

Tinubu would have been hard pressed to compromise if he were to be thrown into the system Awo operated in. How do you even form a 2 party system in a Regional Government system which is independent of each other and transcends your primary geographic location?

I also try and evaluate people based on their results. Tinubu would never ever even reach 1/50 of what Awo achieved for the Yoruba Nation. All you are benefiting now and mouthing off was a result of his foresight. Maybe after 30 years we would be able to look back and see what Tinubu's current actions yielded. Till then. We go siddon look.

5 Likes

Re: Jagaban by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:37pm On Mar 31, 2015
naijababe:

Very pragmatic, he was willing to change Nigeria one hamlet at a time, no grand visions.
He built bridges before he needed them.
He knew his baggage, acknowledged them and never gave his opponents the chance to use that baggage against him.
He played the long game ( dammit man, nucca was almost like a mafia boss in this respect).
He understands and acknowledges the Nigerian skewed politics and played it to his advantage, many times to the surprise and helplessness of his opponents.
And REGIONALISM!!! He knows that success of Nigeria lies in that system and is gradually pushing towards that

Should I go on? All the above were mistakes Awo made!

I don't like him o but mehn, i have a lot of respect for him.

he is not half of what awolowo is. Did u knw dt he said himself in ikene dt awolowo wasn't allowed to carry out his blueprints? He simply continued in it.

In terms of delivering for his people and impact felt, he trails awolowo.

Education (not free education) I'm the SW was accelerated by awolowo's policies. Thousands of Yoruba sons and daughters are receiving scholarships like ordinary paper.

Industrialisation, he doesn't beat awolowo. Awolowo's low tax policies allowed the yorubaland, especially OGUN STATE boasts of industries far greater than any in the country.

The bone breaker is tinubu being selfish... He wanted more money, awolowo didn't use his office to enrich himself. He had the interest of his people at heart and demonstrated it by so many favourable policies. Why do u think his policies in terms of economy was still used today and practiced and taught in universities?

He is like Nostradamus, he is a great philosopher with a perfect foresight.

His only low was that he lived his people too much that he had no real time for other regions.

Pls tell me, what economic legacy did tinubu laid down? What policies did he implement?
man
Tinubu is now in the history book of Nigeria, another Yoruba man etching his name in the well of nigeria. He us a great man, bt he can never be compared to awolowo. He will always give his tribute and salutations to the great awo!

4 Likes

Re: Jagaban by Ayus34(m): 11:39pm On Mar 31, 2015
naijababe:

Ilugun, I can debate this point till eternity with you! He is greater than Awo already trust me, some of us are just unwilling to admit it just yet. My only grouse with him is his capitalist tendencies, make dem allow poor small abeg!
please it is ridiculous to say he is greater than awolowo I'm also real supporter but I believe he is a better Nigerian politician than awolowo but as a leader with great ideas,vision,and leadership skill awo is one of the best in Africa if not the first, his achievements till date can testify to that.....awolowo problem is that he is not ready to bend principle to gain political interest like what u ve to do in today's Nigeria politics!
Re: Jagaban by OAM4J: 11:39pm On Mar 31, 2015
Maximum respect to Jagaban Borgu! The lion of Bourdillon

I dont like him that much, but you just have to give it to him, he is perhaps the best politician in Nigeria today.

Sentiments aside, as far as Yoruba nation is concerned, you cannot compare him to Great Awo in terms of putting Yoruba interest 1st, development of Yoruba land and achievements. Awo is a Yoruba Legend!

But when it comes to playing the National politics for the interest of Yorubas, he is better strategist and negotiator than Awo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagaban by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 31, 2015
laudate:

Slowly achieving?? shocked shocked In what way?? With his greedy antecedents?? Puhleeze!

It was Awolowo's goal to build Action Group into an effective nationwide party by making alliances with ethnic groups in other regions. That is what Tinubu is achieving with APC.

Union Party lost to Shagari, Action Group also lost the 1959 elections to NPC but APC produced a president.

I am not supporting the folks that think Tinubu's achievements can be compared to that of Awolowo but I see how that comparison can be made. I am yet to see Tinubu's service to the Yoruba people (Excluding Fashola and Lagos)

2 Likes

Re: Jagaban by laudate: 11:41pm On Mar 31, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

....... The bone breaker is tinubu being selfish... He wanted more money, awolowo didn't use his office to enrich himself. He had the interest of his people at heart and demonstrated it by so many favourable policies. Why do u think his policies in terms of economy was still used today and practiced and taught in universities?

He is like Nostradamus, he is a great philosopher with a perfect foresight.

His only low was that he lived his people too much that he had no real time for other regions.

Pls tell me, what economic legacy did tinubu laid down? What policies did he implement?
man .....

Bros, thank you for putting it down in black & white!! May God bless you one million times on Sundays, for this observation..... shocked undecided angry
Re: Jagaban by SirShymexx: 11:44pm On Mar 31, 2015
hercules07:

Men, western Canada has enjoyed the warmest winter in quite a few years, I was working on a time zone that allowed me to post in the past, now I work on a time zone that is not compatible with Nairaland time. I also stayed away because of the thought processes of people on these boards, my dear brother, it is good to live in a country where sanity prevails.

I hear that, Sir. The thought process is a tad bit contagious as well - hence someone can just wake up and start comparing Awolowo to Tinubu. I think it has a lot to do with the reading culture, and the fact that most don't think deeply before posting.

Anyway, I'm proud of ya Ibadan folks - they actually surprised me. And I believe they gave APC the highest voting differential in the SW. I guess I need to stop clowning amala, and go get a taste of what makes Ibadan thick. grin
Re: Jagaban by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
OAM4J:

Sentiments aside, as far as Yoruba nation is concerned, you cannot compare him to Great Awo in terms of putting Yoruba interest 1st, development of Yoruba land and achievements. Awo is a Yoruba Legend!

But when it comes to playing the National politics for the interest of Yorubas, he is better strategist and negotiator than Awo.

You can get out of my head now! cool
Re: Jagaban by Pataki: 11:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Can you post the video, please?

I play the video in my head everytime. But nevertheless, if you go on the Youtube Channel of ChannelsTV, it is amongst one of their numerous video collections. If I can search for it later tomorrow I will.

Right now, sorry am too happy to start searching for it.....

3 Likes

Re: Jagaban by coogar: 11:48pm On Mar 31, 2015
OAM4J:
Maximum respect to Jagaban Borgu! The lion of Bourdillon

I dont like him that much, but you just have to give it to him, he is perhaps the best politician in Nigeria today.

and this is why we shouldn't even be comparing them. both of them are great in their own rights. there's nothing to say tinubu wouldn't have done what awolowo achieved in that era.

politics have become dirtier in nigeria over the years so yes, tinubu had to become dirty too. the end always justify the means. tinubu brought down PDP who once boasted they planned to rule for 60 years. i am not sure awo could have managed that feat.

3 Likes

Re: Jagaban by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 31, 2015
Pataki:

I play the video in my head everytime. But nevertheless, if you go on the Youtube Channel of ChannelsTV, it is amongst one of their numerous video collections. If I can search for it later tomorrow I will.

Right now, sorry am too happy to start searching for it.....

*rolls eyes* Thanks for nothing undecided
Re: Jagaban by Pataki: 11:55pm On Mar 31, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Jagaban by iamrealdeji(m): 11:55pm On Mar 31, 2015
oilykid:
who is he cause we don't know him here undecided undecided
You don't know Jagaban,you can never know anyone,he is the Jagaban of Borgu Kingdom,the Lion of Bourdillon,Asiwaju of all politicians
Re: Jagaban by laudate: 11:55pm On Mar 31, 2015
Shollypopzz:

It was Awolowo's goal to build Action Group into an effective nationwide party by making alliances with ethnic groups in other regions. That is what Tinubu is achieving with APC.

Union Party lost to Shagari, Action Group also lost the 1959 elections to NPC but APC produced a president.

I am not supporting the folks that think Tinubu's achievements can be compared to that of Awolowo but I see how that comparison can be made. I am yet to see Tinubu's service to the Yoruba people (Excluding Fashola and Lagos)

It was Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) and not Union Party. sad

Those parties you mentioned Action Group (AG) and Unity Party, fielded a Yoruba man all through the history of the elections. undecided

But APC fielded a Northerner this time around who was able to garner massive support from the North, they did not field a Yoruba man. Would they have recorded the same success if their presidential candidate had come from the South-West? Dunno.

Afterall, SDP fielded Chief MKO Abiola in 1993 and he won. Didn't the party chairman of SDP achieve something significant during that time? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jagaban by oilykid(m): 11:56pm On Mar 31, 2015
iamrealdeji:

You don't know Jagaban,you can never know anyone,he is the Jagaban of Borgu Kingdom,the Lion of Bourdillon,Asiwaju of all politicians
I still don't know him
Re: Jagaban by OAM4J: 11:59pm On Mar 31, 2015
coogar:

and this is why we shouldn't even be comparing them. both of them are great in their own rights. there's nothing to say tinubu wouldn't have done what awolowo achieved in that era.

politics have become dirtier in nigeria over the years so yes, tinubu had to become dirty too. the end always justify the means. tinubu brought down PDP who once boasted they planned to rule for 60 years. i am not sure awo could have managed that feat.

Lets be careful not to also overate him. He was also building a local empire (Yoruba Party) just like Awo till PDP forced all of them to build a solid alliance. The credit of PDP's defeat doesn't go to him alone. Buhari himself should be given credit for his compromise to work with the likes of 'corrupt tagged' Tinubu to defeat PDP. And as far as I am also concerned, the major credit for PDP's fall goes to PDP itself for its inability to manage success and giving Nigeria a clueless leader like GEJ.

Shollypopzz:

You can get out of my head now! cool

If I must, then permit me to shift base to your heart smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagaban by Pataki: 12:00am On Apr 01, 2015
Shollypopzz:

*rolls eyes* Thanks for nothing undecided

PART 2 cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ_LVs1BYdY

1 Like

Re: Jagaban by jayonpoint(m): 12:10am On Apr 01, 2015
naijababe:

Ilugun, I can debate this point till eternity with you! He is greater than Awo already trust me, some of us are just unwilling to admit it just yet. My only grouse with him is his capitalist tendencies, make dem allow poor small abeg!
U are right! Awolowo was more of a regional leader who love his clout n built them emisory of knowledge n civilisation but take it, u're correct. Tinubu understand the mastery of politics n history becon on him. We yoruba shld celebrate him n Obj they're both heroes we need to appreciate while they still live. Congrats to us all APC members.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jagaban by SirShymexx: 12:19am On Apr 01, 2015
jayonpoint:

U are right! Awolowo was more of a regional leader who love his clout n built them emisory of knowledge n civilisation but take it, u're correct. Tinubu understand the mastery of politics n history becon on him. We yoruba shld celebrate him n Obj they're both heroes we need to appreciate while they still live. Congrats to us all APC members.

Lmao @ bold. grin

Afonja was also greater than Alaafin Shango. grin
Re: Jagaban by onegig(m): 12:19am On Apr 01, 2015
laudate:

It was Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) and not Union Party. sad

Those parties you mentioned Action Group (AG) and Unity Party, fielded a Yoruba man all through the history of the elections. undecided

But APC fielded a Northerner this time around who was able to garner massive support from the North, they did not field a Yoruba man. Would they have recorded the same success if their presidential candidate had come from the South-West? Dunno.

Afterall, SDP fielded Chief MKO Abiola in 1993 and he won. Didn't the party chairman of SDP achieve something significant during that time? undecided

This is a more apt counter but I guess most praising him here are looking it from the aspect of breaking the hold of the monumental PDP who had held position for 16 years.

However, People should understand Jonathan's performance also contributed to this. Forget Tinubu's sagacity, if the President had performed creditably well and improved even by just 10% the gains made by OBJ, the opposition would find it very hard or impossible to win it. Jonathan, his wife and advisers were the chief campaign officers of the opposition.

I believe providence just favoured the opposition and Nigerians were really ready to see a change which Jonathan's ineffectiveness amplified.

This however does not belittle Tinubu's achievement but nonetheless it would be unwise and illogical to compare him with Awo. Awolowo was in a class of his own. That man was a legend.

1 Like

Re: Jagaban by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 01, 2015
My respect to tinubu just grows and grows! I'v never and will never speak ill of this political mastermind!

I'v said it that the yoruba region needs to celebrate this man more. His political foresight is second to none in the country, you can take that to court.

The ever strategic jagaban, may you increase abundantly in wisdom sir!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jagaban by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 01, 2015
Pataki:

PART 2 cool

That was it?? Really?? You're proud of that?? Well, I now know that the "God forbid" sign is "E ta owo iya seyin".
Re: Jagaban by Pataki: 12:46am On Apr 01, 2015
Shollypopzz:

That was it?? Really?? You're proud of that?? Well, I now know that the "God forbid" sign is "E ta owo iya seyin".

I am guessing you are not strongly conversant with Yoruba language - right? undecided
Re: Jagaban by whitecat1: 2:19am On Apr 01, 2015
Love him or hate him, he's the master of the game!

1 Like

Re: Jagaban by yoged(m): 2:51am On Apr 01, 2015
Mo fe lowo bi jagaban
Re: Jagaban by semitunde: 3:39am On Apr 01, 2015
Boss13:
He is greater than awolowo - my own opnion. In him lies the relevance of the yoruba race politically. The great strategist, a visionary, a wise one and foremost - a political godfather

I don't like him but I strongly admire and respect him. His actions forces you to respect him.

This sweet victory was made possible because of him

Politically, he is greater than awolowo; but in acceptance and economic achievement, he's not.

The jury is still out on intelligence comparism.
Re: Jagaban by raumdeuter: 3:49am On Apr 01, 2015
Desola. God bless you

I remember when you and Katsumoto fought me on the issue of Tinubu during the Iyaloja issue. I told you all to relax but you let emotions get the better of you

Naijababe. I would tell you that Tinubu is the greatest politician of the Yoruba race.

How many times did Awolowo try to unseat the ruling party how many times did he fail

I am planning to write a long post on Jagaban

In Nigerian politics we should actually study Jagaban.

He is an enigma. He had what Awo never had. Politics of give and take, Politics of compromise. In Politics everywhere in the world you would never amount to anything without compromise

Tinubu actually took out of the playbook of Akintola in that regard

I have more to say about Bola Ahmed Tinubu Jagaban Borgu

And I would give 10 masterstrokes of Tinubu that brought great men and institutions on their knees

6 Likes

Re: Jagaban by Toosure70: 4:58am On Apr 01, 2015
Akoni arole odua.
Re: Jagaban by DollyParton1(f): 6:06am On Apr 01, 2015
Re: Jagaban by DollyParton1(f): 6:06am On Apr 01, 2015
This is what happens after several years of being ruled by a clueless government.
People become clueless that they start putting Tinubu above Awolowo in terms of greatness.
Re: Jagaban by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 01, 2015
laudate:

Madam, I am sure you can read. I said "Most"! Or didn't you see that there? Does the word "Most" mean the same thing as "All"? No one said it is fake. But there was no due diligence carried out before this company was selected. The selection was based on nepotism and crony-ism, if such a word exists because those governors were part of Tinubu's kitchen cabinet and signed on Alpha beta just to please him.
The Governor of Nassarawa is an APC guy, so what are you talking about? Only Abia, Imo, Enugu Akwa Ibom are not APC dominated states. So what is your beef? These are just about 4 out of 14 states, oh! [/quote]

There are 11 states on that list, by my count 6 of them are in opposition and you want me t believe that the governors of Sokoto -PDP, Enugu -PDP, Abia - PDP, Akwa Ibom -PDP, Ondo - previously LP, now PDP and Ekiti - PDP are/were members of his kitchen cabinet.

You are talking about a state government suing a company for claiming that it is one of their clients. How many governments have that time & energy to go after such petty claims? In Nigeria? Please don't make me laugh!! shocked shocked

Why not? Especially if it scores a political point and dents the opposition's image.

Only you have evidence to confirm that what was stated in my previous post is inaccurate, please take a chill pill and do not argue blindly except if you are a shareholder of Alpha Beta. Maybe, then you can tell us how much your so-called consultants paid as tax to FIRS as well as in all the states where they won contracts.

I am not a shareholder and therefore do not know how much taxes they paid. If they are evading tax, the onus is on FIRS to make them pay, LIRS does it all the time.

I am happy for us to keep debating, I am not a fan of ad-hominem wink

@ Raumdeuter, if you read my first post you will see that I conceded that Tinubu must have studied all of Awo and Akintola's errors and imbibed Bode Thomas's ideas on regionalism, so you are preaching to the converted. If APC does deliver, posterity will judge Tinubu accordingly and many of us who were not willing to throw the baby away with the bath water will be less vilified.

I will never denigrate the person of Papa Awolowo but I am aware he made a number of key mistakes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Suicide Bomber Killed While Trying To Detonate His Bomb In Borno. Graphic Photos / APC Campaign: Live Update In Front Of Tinubu's House (Photos) / Boni Haruna Cries After Seeing Boko Haram Destruction In Adamawa (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.