Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. (46727 Views)

See The Kind Of Boyfriends Ladies Date These Days! / Guys, Why Girls Delay In Replying Your Chats / Few Reasons Why Girls Are Being Used And Dumped. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by naijaboiy: 9:03am On Apr 02, 2015
i won't spoil my thread because of you so go and twerk on a cobra! grin

#Bye! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by ireneony(f): 9:07am On Apr 02, 2015
well my mission has already be achieved, no one is talking about ur subject againgrin

go pee on a transformergrin
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by naijaboiy: 9:10am On Apr 02, 2015
akinsadeez:

If we look long, hard and deep enough we will definitely find factors that can hinder every relationship including those with little age difference as well those with a sizeable age difference. That being said, love can conquer almost all (not all) other factors.

like someone mentioned before, Beyonce has made a successful home with Jayz despite a 12 year age difference. As the time they started dating, she was 19 and he was around 31. Their marriage has had its share of ups and downs but they stuck with it. While I am not saying that every young lady has to be a Beyonce copycat, I feel their marriage has shown that sizeable age gap is not a barrier to a blissful marriage. Do you know that there is a ten year age gap between Omotola jolade and her husband. Omotola married him when she was 18 and he was 28. Despite that, their marriage is by all accounts, blissful several years after. Some other actresses who married their age mates did not spend up to two years in wedlock before divorcing.

My point simply is; if a young girl finds love in the arms of a much older man, she would be a fool not to damn the factors and plunge headlong into it.
Well spoken sir!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by falconey(m): 9:11am On Apr 02, 2015
ireneony:
@ur dpgrin well done with ur white gay boyfriendgrin

didn't you see the background kidult?........we were at the beach dumbass!!!!

LOL funny though.
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by ivyT(f): 9:11am On Apr 02, 2015
richommie:
HIS EXPERIENCE COUNTS
When it comes to sex, an older male is perceived as knowing his way around the bedroom. He's had to time to perfect his technique, and he can show his younger lover a good sexual time.With an older man, women don't expect any awkward moments in the dark. They expect the guy to know exactly what he is doing and to take the time to meet their needs.

READY FOR COMMITMENT

ady had time to experiment and play the field. Now, they are looking to settle down and commit to a long-term relationship or even to marriage. At this point in his life, he knows that he doesn't want to be alone, and he knows the type of woman who will make him happy. If they have not already had children with previous spouses, older men may wish to immediately marry and start a new family.

BETTER AT COMMUNICATING

ladies are drawn to older men because they are better communicators. Men with an age advantage of 15 years or more have already been through previous relationships. They have learned from their mistakes. They will try not to repeat these actions as they work on a new relationship. Older guys may dwell less on jealousy issues and instead focus on communicating clearly with you so that there will be no misunderstandings. He will be ready to work at makingthis relationship succeed.

#YOLO

I concur
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by ivyT(f): 9:12am On Apr 02, 2015
NairalandPolice1:
What older men and younger women have in common is they are both suffering from different insecurities. She is looking for someone to make her feel safe, and he is looking for someone who doesn't answer back.. and that's a trophy. cheesy

Nt necessarily,, some don't have to do with insecurity my dear
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by marieolae(f): 9:15am On Apr 02, 2015
Yes, exactly!
Unfortunately, he didn't get the point.
chisco82:

I believe she is talking about exposure there, beside at that age the lady must have been well exposed and be able to handle things absolutely on her own.
Don't forget that is her balanced age.
Cc:marieolae
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 02, 2015
ireneony:
I can see u have pleaded with the mods to unban uundecided
u know u don't have left ball with ur 15mins sexgrin

see as ur dressing resemble m.c hammergrin "don't touch this"...

all this uniben student boys nor fit use fashion kill me
meet dzeey to teach u fashion tip
ekoisodi mag0t! grin

Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by Dygeasy(m): 9:49am On Apr 02, 2015
kinglekan:

Broda stop twisting ur words abeg!!

What led to all this argument was cos I said; "I thought we were talking about dating and not necessarily leading to marriage."

Who doesn't want to get married some day? Maybe a few tho.

You made a logical assertion that

"For a girl to have a boyfriend, there is an equal and proportional desire to get married someday.

And I assumed by that statement you meant to the same guy. Well I got your point and its not rocket science to know that most Nigerian girls want to get married someday.

Now get my point, Nigerian girls date a particular guy not necessarily because they want to get married to him but for so many other reasons too. I am just staying in the confines of the OP's post.

Which is;

"Reasons why girls/ladies DATE older guys"

And my point once again is that they don't all date because they want to get MARRIED.

Chikena!!!!!
I wasn't twisting my words and I'm not disagreeing with your point.

I know where I'm headed with my argument

And my point once again is that they don't all date because they want to get MARRIED.
From the reasons we got littered around this thread, we can safely infer that in most cases marriage is often the endpoint of ideologies bothering around the topic. For a serious relationship that is.
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by funkyjms: 10:04am On Apr 02, 2015
STARSHYNE:
LOL....Fingers ain't equal
d yoruba adage says "make u pound yam for mortar,cook d most delicious food...no be everybody go belleful grin

Dahs just it

You are wrong! No be delicious food den talktongue
I dare you to fill in the correct sentence. gringrin
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by shumuel(m): 10:40am On Apr 02, 2015
Well if you ask me i believe its just Natural for a Lady to date someone older, and may i bring to your remind that the Black society worldwide accept and encourage it.

Well the reasons why its so i can't tell but based on my own presumption i ''think'' its because females age earlier than men, which is a generally known fact.

Now based on this known fact it would be encourage if a lady gets married to a more older and matured man, i also believe it would allow them enjoy the relationship; why do i believe so ?

Well most of our women tend to lose shape quicker if married late, has i have come to notice that most Black women inrespective of Country, Region or Continent gets roboost, plumps and looks saggy by their 30s and by their 40s they could start looking 60s.

If the above point is conceded then you yourself would advice a lady to get invovled with a much older ''guy'' not ''Man'', to me atmost 10 years gap, than getting married to a guy of same age.

No man and i repeat No man would be happy in a relationship with his wife looking more aged than him ''which is mostly what it result to when guys get married to a lady of same age'' and this ladies know these fact which result them to be more interested in the older and more matured guys.

And yes some just want the already made guy because of the cash that would be availablecheesy

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 02, 2015
I use 2 believe dat, until I met an older guy, who is 35yrs old, who still stays with his mom and sisters, he does nothing at all, sits down at home and eats, it was then I knew that age aint maturity, 4 more details about dis guy, hala me, he nids help and advice, dis is my email address, veralucy8@gmail.com
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 02, 2015
[quote author=naijaboiy post=32256791][/quote]Hmmmmm.......if u ask me, na who I go ask.......? *singing* cool grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by holluwai(m): 11:17am On Apr 02, 2015
Automatically means you don't like the idea of dating older men, right?
rubey:
Date/marry an older guy then end up being a widow by 40 undecided
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by Aniekwe1: 11:18am On Apr 02, 2015
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by subbieD(f): 11:18am On Apr 02, 2015
I've tried dating a guy of my age range,but it wasn't just it.
I kinda believe dating older guyz, though,age doesn't mean maturity, Bur they Re way better Dan 'boys '.......
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by Idrismusty97(m): 11:19am On Apr 02, 2015
Old men love dating young girls, so nothing spoil.
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by ibk4luv(m): 11:28am On Apr 02, 2015
naw a o ...

I guess the next thread go be " why guys date more Dan 1 girl even when he loves 1 unconditionally "

I dey wait undecided
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by MrDoGood(m): 11:28am On Apr 02, 2015
mirexxx:
cheesy
I don't date older men smiley cheesy
the so called older men that act like kids
they expect you to reason the way they do automatically!
I prefer a guy at most 5yrs older than me and we'll start from there and learn from each other.
not one experienced old guy who will treat you as a kid!
probably cheat on you,abuse sef
most of them are abusive because of the wide gap in the age!

Can I ever meet a woman like your word?
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 02, 2015
ireneony:
just pray I don't add u to my haters listangry

Sweetie smiley
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by kilokeys(m): 11:29am On Apr 02, 2015
my babe is 19... and we are cool.

she can barely annoy me
besides... i am nt pressured . life is so much easier
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by MKO4ever(m): 11:32am On Apr 02, 2015
I disagree with no 3.
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by zinny2049: 11:33am On Apr 02, 2015
[quote author=naijaboiy post=32256791][/quote] the truth
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by Gracyel(f): 11:33am On Apr 02, 2015
naijaboiy:

But is it really all about marriage though?
No. Its not
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by funlord(m): 11:33am On Apr 02, 2015
Age is nothing but a number! It has no bearing on maturity and discipline in most cases! There are a lot of "old foolish men and women and equally a lot of male and female young fools" out there! Relationships just like life itself is a series of hits and misses! We all just have to keep taking chances and risks while at the same time learning from each one we are in and also running away from some too! Love na kalo kalo!
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 02, 2015
missclasssy:
First of all, let's bare in mind that humans develop emotionally and cognitively with age.
The older a guy is, the more experienced he becomes in many areas such as decision making, finance, handling stress, taking care of his partner and running a relationship

He is able to make better decisions due to the knowledge garnered all through the years.
He also becomes more mature in perception and judgment.

We ladies believe that an older partner must have engaged in a relationship or two before ours so he would be shrewd in handling our own.
We believe an older guy to be more emotionally stable than someone younger.

Women naturally feel more relaxed being under a protective figure and we have a default perception to seeing older guys as such.

Op, we shouldn't also eliminate the critical concept of love making
Most ladies believe an older partner must definitely be more competent in satisfying their sexual needs.

But I will always say this,
~ Whenever two people genuinely love each other, "Age" becomes but mere figures.

when you mention emotional stability, what do you mean?

Also, older ladies are all what you've said about older men and i think that also makes older women a better choice for men.
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 02, 2015
subbieD:
I've tried dating a guy of my age range,but it wasn't just it.
I kinda believe dating older guyz, though,age doesn't mean maturity, Bur they Re way better Dan 'boys '.......

what really was the problem?
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 02, 2015
6. stupidity

Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by STARSHYNE(f): 11:45am On Apr 02, 2015
funkyjms:

You are wrong! No be delicious food den talktongue
I dare you to fill in the correct sentence. gringrin
Erm*scratches head* u wan fall my hand abi

You can help me out wink
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by Horrlah(f): 11:51am On Apr 02, 2015
mirexxx:
cheesy
I don't date older men smiley cheesy
the so called older men that act like kids
they expect you to reason the way they do automatically!
I prefer a guy at most 5yrs older than me and we'll start from there and learn from each other.
not one experienced old guy who will treat you as a kid!
probably cheat on you,abuse sef
most of them are abusive because of the wide gap in the age!
Sister v bn there,i knw that feeling

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by Davijunson: 11:53am On Apr 02, 2015
STARSHYNE:
Then the world wouldn't be a better place tongue

Some ppl's mentality sha.
Re: Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. by STARSHYNE(f): 11:55am On Apr 02, 2015
MKO4ever:
I disagree with no 3.
WHY?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Embarrassed At A Restaurant After Her Date Left Without Paying The Bills / Why Do 'Nice' Ladies Get Dumped Easily / Nigerian Lady Reveals How She Met Her Husband In London 11 Years Ago. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.