Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) (36488 Views)

Akinwunmi Ambode Causes A Stir At The Malls / Jimi Agbaje Bought Food For Everybody At A Buka / Jimi Agbaje Rides Okada To Rally (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by usbcable(m): 7:21am On Apr 04, 2015
Deprime007:
Both parties have to prove to us they re worthy of being the state governor.
g
See below Ambode's achievements

I was appointed acting Auditor-General for Local Government in
2000 and became the youngest ever Auditor-General for Local
Government in Lagos State.
• I was appointed Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance in
January 2005 and in February, 2006, was given the additional
responsibility of Accountant-General of Lagos State.
• I was the youngest Permanent Secretary in service and only
the second person to hold both positions of Permanent
Secretary and Accountant-General at the same time.
• Under my watch, the State Treasury Office revolutionized the
way Lagos State finances were raised, budgeted, managed and
planned resulting in the state’s budget performing at an average
of 85% annually.
• I ensured payment of civil service staff salaries before the end
of the month, payment of running cost by 1st week of each
month and introduced end of the year
package and special/specific welfare for staff.
• I launched the e-payment platform for the monthly staff salaries
• I renovated the State Treasury Office, created a conducive
working environment, introduced a corporate dress code and
provided laptops for all Directors
• I Introduced prompt payment of gratuity and pension arrears of
the State Universal
Basic Education Board and Local Government old pensioners.
• I introduced regular technical meetings with the Directors of
Accounts in all MDAs, facilitated the sponsorship, by the State
Governor, of over 1000 accountants to the Annual accountants'
Conference in Abuja and initiated the annual retreat for Heads of
Accountants as well as Local and International training for staff.
• I co-organised the first ever National Tax Retreat in association
with the Joint Tax
Board/Federal Inland Revenue Service in 2005.
• I chaired the Technical Committee that produced the Lagos
State Economic
Empowerment Development Strategy (SEEDS) document.
• I led the audit teams as the Auditor-General in the office of
Auditor-General for Local Government to clear and publish the
arrears of statutory audits of 1995 to 2004 within 12months.
• I am a scholar, accountant, administrator, an astute leader with
strong emotional intelligence, i am an alumnus of Wharton
Business School and also attended courses at Cranfield School
of Management, Cranfield, England; the Institute of Management
Development, Lausanne, Switzerland; INSEAD, Singapore and
the Harvard Kennedy
School of Government, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
• I retired voluntarily from public service in August, 2012; the
first ever recorded voluntary retirement by a Permanent Secretary
in the Lagos State Public Service.
• I established Brandsmiths Consulting Limited in 2012 and the
company is today consulting for Federal, State and Local
Governments on the transition to the new International Public
Service Accounting System and other financial advisory services.

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by harrisnimasa(m): 7:37am On Apr 04, 2015
JK CANNOT RULE LAGOS COS HE LACK EXPECTATIONS ,, BODE GEORGE OGUNLEWE AND PDP Aare eager to soak Lagos dry.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by ba7man(m): 8:00am On Apr 04, 2015
That OPC stunt PDP pulled in Lagos (maybe that's the "bold ideas" he's talking about) , Jimi Abgaje's afinity for thugs, bus drivers and okada men is a certain turn off.

Not to include his link to questionable PDP politicians such as Bode George, Obanikoro and their likes.

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Philipsdael(m): 8:34am On Apr 04, 2015
usbcable:
egift ollah1 rationalmind
please see the 2 posts of mine above.
Lets enlighten Lagosians SWestrners and non westerners alike to set aside differences and take Lagos to greater heights.

His campaig team in my view are not doing enough.

Most JK supporters know so little about the JK they claim to know and absolutely nothing about Ambode.
They are just voting along sentimental lone of either hatred for Tinubu or the propaganda and lies told about Ambode.

cc EggovinMma shinel
Do you actually wants us to embrace a thief?, knowing that he is even the one pushing his endorsed candidate [ ambode ] to attain the highest political height in Lagos state?
The reason i voted for Buhari, [despite tinubu's influence] is because can never dictate the tune for Buhari.... Instead, Buhari will turn around and bite him because Buhari is a currupt free man and he needs to sanitize the nation from the likes of Tinubu.
Ambode is a loyal dog to Tinubu... Also, Fashola has identified his prefered candidate to us ie Hamzat [one of the brain behind his successful tenure] but Thief tinubu will always manipulate his way for his prefered candidate.
#Jk we know, #JK we want
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by shinel(f): 9:59am On Apr 04, 2015
usbcable:
@shinel
below is the reason why JK wont perform. Do you trust a BGeorge over a BTinubu.
Your comment shows you're just an APC peanuts paid dude.
So you don't have criminals and thieves in APC?
You're cloned by APC to the extent of not seeing what is happening in your family anymore, but you can easily see other families around you.
I pity what poverty has turned you to.

The last time I checked, Bode George or whatever you called his name is not a candidate for Lag Guber.

Only JK I know.
As for me and my house, my PVC goes to JK...

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by usbcable(m): 10:04am On Apr 04, 2015
Philipsdael:

Do you actually wants us to embrace a thief?, knowing that he is even the one pushing his endorsed candidate [ ambode ] to attain the highest political height in Lagos state?
The reason i voted for Buhari, [despite tinubu's influence] is because can never dictate the tune for Buhari.... Instead, Buhari will turn around and bite him because Buhari is a currupt free man and he needs to sanitize the nation from the likes of Tinubu.
Ambode is a loyal dog to Tinubu... Also, Fashola has identified his prefered candidate to us ie Hamzat [one of the brain behind his successful tenure] but Thief tinubu will always manipulate his way for his prefered candidate.
#Jk we know, #JK we want

So you prefer to give Lagos state to Bode George and Obanikoro. Because they are JKs God fathers.

To make it worse GEJ bankrolled JK campiagn so he would also have his own share of the Lagos pie.
Lastly OPC Ganiyu Adams will not be left our of the party.

So which do yoh prefer 1 tjief thief or multiple thieves.

But I prefer we talk based on facts and fact is the people I mentioned are certified criminals insome instance except GEJ but you have nothing on Tinubu
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by drinksandmoreng: 10:07am On Apr 04, 2015
I was appointed acting Auditor-General for Local Government in
2000 and became the youngest ever Auditor-General for Local
Government in Lagos State.
• I was appointed Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance in
January 2005 and in February, 2006, was given the additional
responsibility of Accountant-General of Lagos State.
• I was the youngest Permanent Secretary in service and only
the second person to hold both positions of Permanent
Secretary and Accountant-General at the same time.
• Under my watch, the State Treasury Office revolutionized the
way Lagos State finances were raised, budgeted, managed and
planned resulting in the state’s budget performing at an average
of 85% annually.
• I ensured payment of civil service staff salaries before the end
of the month, payment of running cost by 1st week of each
month and introduced end of the year
package and special/specific welfare for staff.
• I launched the e-payment platform for the monthly staff salaries
• I renovated the State Treasury Office, created a conducive
working environment, introduced a corporate dress code and
provided laptops for all Directors
• I Introduced prompt payment of gratuity and pension arrears of
the State Universal
Basic Education Board and Local Government old pensioners.
• I introduced regular technical meetings with the Directors of
Accounts in all MDAs, facilitated the sponsorship, by the State
Governor, of over 1000 accountants to the Annual accountants'
Conference in Abuja and initiated the annual retreat for Heads of
Accountants as well as Local and International training for staff.
• I co-organised the first ever National Tax Retreat in association
with the Joint Tax
Board/Federal Inland Revenue Service in 2005.
• I chaired the Technical Committee that produced the Lagos
State Economic
Empowerment Development Strategy (SEEDS) document.
• I led the audit teams as the Auditor-General in the office of
Auditor-General for Local Government to clear and publish the
arrears of statutory audits of 1995 to 2004 within 12months.
• I am a scholar, accountant, administrator, an astute leader with
strong emotional intelligence, i am an alumnus of Wharton
Business School and also attended courses at Cranfield School
of Management, Cranfield, England; the Institute of Management
Development, Lausanne, Switzerland; INSEAD, Singapore and
the Harvard Kennedy
School of Government, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
• I retired voluntarily from public service in August, 2012; the
first ever recorded voluntary retirement by a Permanent Secretary
in the Lagos State Public Service.
• I established Brandsmiths Consulting Limited in 2012 and the
company is today consulting for Federal, State and Local
Governments on the transition to the new International Public
Service Accounting System and other financial advisory services.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by usbcable(m): 10:24am On Apr 04, 2015
shinel:

Your comment shows you're just an APC peanuts paid dude.
So you don't have criminals and thieves in APC?
You're cloned by APC to the extent of not seeing what is happening in your family anymore, but you can easily see other families around you.
I pity what poverty has turned you to.

The last time I checked, Bode George or whatever you called his name is not a candidate for Lag Guber.

Only JK I know.
As for me and my house, my PVC goes to JK...

not everybody on NL is a paid poster.
I even dont frequent politics section as much as sports because of the tribal sentiments and abusive posts.

please dont post personal insults it makes the discuss childish and I believe you are more intelligent than that.

Secondly there are crooks in both parties however the difference is one party has convicted convicts unlike the other.

And by the way since you say Bode George is not the candidate contesting under PDP why is it mentioned that Tinubu is the one contesting under APC

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by SenatorJames(m): 2:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
Let the best candidate wins....... but Ambode (APC) will be the best for Lagos state at this time.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by prettyivy4u: 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ambode below clarifies the air about his "alleged" sack from Lagos state...

It’s very good I use this platform to clear whatever insinuations that are being bandied about.

When you do something that is not normal, people want to adduce reasons to it because it’s abnormal to them.

I’ve heard in some quarters people saying that I was sacked by Governor Fashola and I’ve also heard that I stole and that was why I left the service.

The issue is this; if I was sacked or if I stole, this campaign would have been a great opportunity for those people to bring the issues out and use them against me.

We are approaching the end of this campaign and nobody has been able to bring out the sack letter or say this is what I stole.

So I see it as a campaign of calumny against my candidature.

The other part of it is this: I have in my hands a letter of commendation written by Governor Fashola four months after I retired. I’ve displayed it for people to see. Governor Fashola is still in power.

I have served Lagos State meritoriously. I left an exalted position in service, where I had the opportunity to stay for another 13 years. But I wanted to challenge the system and say you know what, you don’t have to stay in an exalted position forever.

There is dignity everywhere and people of character must be able to stand up and be counted.

That’s what I’ve done.

I left on my own volition because I wanted to give other people a chance, because I know also that there are other things ahead of the position of Accountant-General.

There are only a few days to the election, if anybody has anything, let them bring it out.

It’s not true.

I also have a letter of voluntary retirement from the Lagos State Civil Service Commission which the commission gave to me and it is well documented.

So if other parties just want to use it to diminish my status, God has said that I will be the next Governor of Lagos State and that’s why I’m appealing and pleading with voters to vote for people with character, credibility and experience.

- Akinwunmi Ambode
APC Gubernatorial Candidate, Lagos state

This has been the tactic if the PDP

Buhari went through the same BASELESS character assassination and came out on top.

PDP has NO proof of ANY if their allegations because they NEVER happened....

I believe in the #SpiritOfLagos

I believe in Lagos

I believe in Akinwunmi Ambode

4 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by joanblade234(f): 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
Lagos is moving forward,

I believe in Akinwunmi Ambode

na so....

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Philipsdael(m): 10:55am On Apr 05, 2015
How do u define , freedom and maturity, true service
and sincerity? The fair of harassment by APC supporters
and government officials in Lagos has been preventing
other party supporters to show and advertise their
party, the fear of the director loosing his job and the
threath the iyaloja and the transport union and other trade union have been receiving from APC in Lagos had
given the party liberty to think they re more popular in
Lagos. The act of turning LCDAs to APC campaign office
had created fear in the civil servants that are not satisfied
with their kind of leadership. For how long must we be
in democratic slavery in Lagos.Are we truly living in Lagos of our dream.how well has APC 16 yrs rule fair in
ur lcda. Vote wisely, vote for real change, vote for
freedom. Vote Jimi Agbaje for Governor Lagos
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by tynusky: 1:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
In this history of gubernatorial politics in Lagos State, no one in my humble opinion prepared for the race as Ambode. How many of us will resign from a plum job of chief accounting of the state and go to school in preparation for a higher calling

Hard work
Ambode was the only aspirant that went to all local government and development area in the state to campaign.

He really works very hard for the ticket.

He did not to take his endorsement by Tinubu for granted.

Hard work pays.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by tynusky: 1:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
Good narration
Have you read the profile Ambode’s publicists used to sell him to Lagosians??

The narration is sweet and shows that he has the capacity to take Lagos to the next level.
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by shady26(m): 4:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
Redman44:
I don't really care about Ambode's educational background or qualifications. I don't care about the experience he has or who his Godfather is. As long as the People of Lagos State are still not feeling the real dividends of democracy, then Project Ambode has a lot of work in its hands. There are still many parts of Lagos State that look like ruins from a war zone. Many roads in Lagos are still not tarred. Many People in Lagos are still homeless and the Estates being built by the Fashola Administration have been priced out of their reach. Corruption is still a big issue in Lagos State and I am yet to see the ordinary people of Lagos State being really touched by the policies of the Fashola Government. Cheers.
the ordinary people are being touched by HEAVY TAXATION AND FRAUDULENT TOLLGATES INTO SOME INDIVIDUALS PRIVATE POCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry JK WE KNOW!

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by shuaibsmanee: 5:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
#saiAmbode
#Ambode2015

Progress for Lagos #AkinwunmiAmbode
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by donzubbykamal: 5:12pm On Apr 05, 2015
In this history of gubernatorial politics in Lagos State, no one in my humble opinion prepared for the race as Ambode. How many of us will resign from a plum job of chief accounting of the state and go to school in preparation for a higher calling
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by otedola1(m): 5:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
The Lagos Election, has long season film
I vote JK

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by BRAV0O(m): 5:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
5p1naz:
tongue

Tinubu would rather die than see Lagos handed to PDP.
case close!
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by donzubbykamal: 5:14pm On Apr 05, 2015
Traditional rulers influence
The memory of how Oba of Lagos endorsed Ambode is still very fresh in our memories.

The influence of the custodian of customs and tradition cannot be discounted in politic.

Ambode has them to thank for the open support

Ambode is presentable

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Philipsdael(m): 5:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
A nigga that stole, rather mismanage Lagos fund can't be my prefered candidate.
Had it been APC ticket is given to Femi Hamzat
(The credible candidate that transformed Lagos state under Fashola, while working as the commissioner of works and infrastructure,
The one that through his office encomniun and praises are showered on Fashola.
The credible candidate that Fashola endosed.)
But Tinubu decided to push his partner in crime forward to rep as APC guber candidate in Lagos state......therefore, i see no credible candidate as #JayKay.
The one we knw and the one we want
JK omo'luabi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by okotv(m): 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
Herzumpther:
I did not see it.
sorry about what I wrote. It shall be well. Good evening
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
okotv:
sorry about what I wrote. It shall be well. Good evening
You back? Welcome dear.
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by okotv(m): 6:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
Herzumpther:
You back? Welcome dear.
I am. Welcome dear
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
okotv:
I am. Welcome dear
Hope it went well? Happy easter .
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by okotv(m): 6:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
Herzumpther:
Hope it went well? Happy easter .
It all went well. Will update my diary soon. Happy Easter to you too.
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by chubbycheek: 7:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
agbaje all d way. pdp power to the pple
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 07, 2015
chubbycheek:
agbaje all d way. pdp power to the pple

GEJ doesn't think so
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by donzubbykamal: 8:37am On Apr 09, 2015
We are all lagosians, let's not vote like this is the last life we are going to use on earth, lets vote like there is still more years for us, Everybody for the Ambode and nothing will go wrong, Akinwunmi Ambode as offered himself to bring progress to nigeria so why will we lagosians want to let another party come and decieve us, NEVER , we are sharper than that and I believe that lagosians will vote wisely.
My people vote Akinwunmi Ambode as Governor of Lagos state and let's move forward, let the continuity in the good works begin..m.#noshaking

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Jonathan Visits Ife Again, Meets Yoruba Leaders / How Buhari Administration Should Treat APC Defectors – Shehu Sani / Contractors Worked Overtime To Complete Road Leading To Buhari's Kaduna House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.