Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) (36487 Views)

Akinwunmi Ambode Causes A Stir At The Malls / Jimi Agbaje Bought Food For Everybody At A Buka / Jimi Agbaje Rides Okada To Rally (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by BankManager(m): 8:51am On Apr 02, 2015
I would like Jimi Agbaje to win Lagos so that APC doesn't get too comfortable...

I am just not comfortable
with Tinubu controlling Lagos and having a
say in Aso rock too...

6 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 02, 2015
JIMI AGBAJE WILL BE GOVERNOR......

I love intellectuals
I love Persistence and Consistency
I Love people who pursue their dreams
I love people who have failed severally,yet they are not Failures
I love Wisdom and Experience.

My submission is that JK will take over Lagos just in same fashion GMB has done Nigeria. They have both failed severally, now this is their year of VICTORY.

JK WE KNOW, JK WE TRUST.

13 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 02, 2015
#teamjk

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by clemz88(m): 8:51am On Apr 02, 2015
Agbaje o. Cos I wan dey browse freeeee grin

7 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by StPete: 8:51am On Apr 02, 2015
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by bolliejay(m): 8:52am On Apr 02, 2015
10 reasons why Lagos cannot afford to be in the opposition again.

1. Federal Government is owing Lagos several billions of Naira. Lagos needs to be in sync with FG to get this paid.

2. All abandoned FGN buildings can be put to better use. FGN can be persuaded to embark on urban renewal and build new towns in Lagos as done in the Shagari era.

3. Lagos deserves Special Status as Economic Capital of Nigeria.

4. 70% of Nationally collected VAT is from Lagos. Yet Lagos gets no preference from FG when sharing.

5. Lagos hardly benefit from Ecological funds. Even though it needs it more than any other state.

6. The only reason why Lagos residents are not enjoying 24hrs power is because it has been in the opposition. Lagos has the capacity to build IPP for Lagosians and deliver 24hrs power in a matter of 2 yrs.

7. PDP will only reverse the trend of progress. We have seen what they can do at the FG level.

8. Federal Roads and bridges in Lagos need rehabilitation

9. All tribes are represented in Lagos and the social facilities are stretched thin.

10. Prosperity of Nigeria is tied to the prosperity of Lagos. This is Common sense politics.
Vote APC. This is our chance to get what we really deserve.
Let's spread the word. APC in Lagos will complement the CHANGE Revolution.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Toks2008(m): 8:52am On Apr 02, 2015
Akinwunmi Ambode is corrupt and unfit to govern Lagos?

I would like you all to read carefully to get the real facts before you judge for yourself but before I delve on the several corrupt practices I would like us to get a brief information about the man Ambode Akinwunmi

Ambode was born June 14, 1963 at the Epe General Hospital, Epe, Lagos, as the sixth of ten children. Ambode began his education at St. Jude’s Primary School, Ebutte Meta, Lagos, Nigeria in 1969. In 1974, while still in Primary 5, he sat for the National Common Entrance Examinations and was admitted to Federal Government College, Warri in the same year.

Ambode later spent 7 years in Warri, where he completed his Ordinary and Advanced Levels and had the distinction of achieving the second best result in all of West Africa in the Higher School Certificate Examinations in 1981.

He graduated from the University of Lagos with honors at a very young age of 21 in 1984, became a chartered accountant at the age of 24 and had completed his Masters Degree programme in Accounting, specializing in Financial Management. after which he joined the Lagos civil service and meritoriously served for 27years reaching the peak of his career by becoming a permanent secretary at the record breaking age of 37.

During his service in the state he had worked in various departments as well as different local government councils In 1998, Ambode was awarded the US Fulbright Scholarship for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship program, in Boston University, Massachusetts, USA. His Fellowship Year was spent studying Public Leadership with emphasis on Finance and Accounting.

During this programme Ambode had professional internships at The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, the Cabinet Office of Administration and Finance (Governor’s Office), City of Boston Treasury Office as well as with the World Bank and IMF.

On his return from the programme, Ambode became acting AuditorGeneral for Local Government. This position was confirmed by the State House of Assembly in 2001 and in January 2005, Ambode was redeployed to mainstream public service as the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Finance.

By February 2006, Ambode was given the added responsibility ofaccountant general for Lagos State, in charge of all the financial activities of the state and directly responsible for over 1400 accountants in the state service

After 27 years in the civil service, Ambode voluntarily retired in August 2012. He founded Brandsmiths Consulting Limited to provide Public Finance and Management Consulting services to government at all levels, its parastatals and agencies. Brandsmiths, in collaboration withPrice Waterhouse Coopers, has trained government accountants and finance personnel to prepare them for the cut-over to the International Public Sector Accounting System (IPSAS) which is to become effective in 2015.

CORRUPTION ALLEGATIONS AGAINST HIM.

1.The diversion of civil servants allowances and bonuses; the diversion of monies meant
for the failed ENRON electrification project.

2. The diversion of 65% of funds approved for sports festival; diversion of LG funds released by President Obasanjo and Yaradua.

3. Collection of N9Billion from LASU grants; stealing from the roads and bridges purportedly constructed.

4. Diversion of funds in the abandoned light rail project; diversion of funds in the Lekki Free Trade Zone project;

5. Collection of the profits realizable in the BRT/LAGBUS project;

6. Conversion of the Capital and Profits in the then ECONET wireless shares; stealing of monies meant for Pensions.

7. Also, diversion of funds in the pool of the Lagos State Security trust
Fund;

8. Conversion of two Helicopter Choppers now in Niger Delta region;

9. Stealing of lagos Yacht;

10. Collection of international loans using LASG as front and many more.

These are the allegations leveled against him by PDP but the question is “CAN PDP SUBSTANTIATE THESE CLAIMS?”

We have just crossed a hurdle of similar baseless accusations concerning the president elect and I keep wondering if PDP will ever get it right.

We are more concerned with campaigns detailing what you plan to offer the electorates and not baseless and unfounded accusations that at the end will always work against them.

For now we have no cogent reason to vote out APC in Lagos and until we have one,we will not experiment with PDP that failed us in the national level for 16years. Come April 11th, we will vote en-mass for continuity, we will vote for vivid and proven track record and we will vote for result oriented and focused team to move lagos to greater heights.

WE WILL VOTE FOR AKINWUNMI AMBODE…
WE WILL VOTE FOR APC.

Lagos has been in the opposition camp since the advent of the fourth republic and has consequently suffered neglect from the Federal gov't ruling party.

Now that APC is the ruling party you now want Lagos to go back into opposition? Heaven forbids

We do not only need a competent man, we need someone with a wealth of experience and knowledge about governance. Agbaje is only second to Ambode based on these criteria.

The allegations by the opposition are only normal but we as Lagosians are to ask ourselves the following :

1. Are you unhappy with Fashola's performance?

2. Do you want this path of excellence which Lagos is known for to stop?

3. Is Agbaje tested, tried and trusted?

4. Can you afford to experiment with a state as crucial as Lagos?

Permit me to say that no true Lagosian will dare gamble with the future of Lagos so I urge true lagosians to vote and also mobilize en mass for APC so that together we can move lagos forward.

Thank you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by vanilson(m): 8:52am On Apr 02, 2015
Sai Akinwunmi iheanacho Ambode

7 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by greall12(m): 8:53am On Apr 02, 2015
Who is Jimi.
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by farem: 8:54am On Apr 02, 2015
Why making fuss of Lagos election? If anyone will use sthetoscope on Jimi's heart right now: it reads failure!

So why struggle to help the person who has confirmed he has failed.

#LagosApcDoneDeal

#2019LagosGuberElectionOnMyMind

12 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 02, 2015
Lagos is the origin of APC and now that they have finally win the presidency I think it will be foolish of Lagosians to chose opposition for a party they founded by their resilience in 2003 when PDP tsunami swept the soutwest. Agbaje will loose by a wide margin in my personal estimation. The wind of change is too strong for him. If there is still PDP in 2019 he may have a chance.

Ambode going alll the way to Alausa

11 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by bigwallace(m): 8:54am On Apr 02, 2015
I understand people's sentiments about APC guber ambition in Lagos state, but it will be political naivety to think Jimi Agbaje as a governor can be an Island unto himself in governance without interference from the PDP lords. Dont forget he joined the party about 2 years ago, so as far as PDP in Lagos is concerned, he is running on a borrowed platform & structure,he doesnt av his own. Do you think the owners of d structures are running charity shows? No, there will be pay back time. Keep it in mind that these PDP goons av always covetted Lagos, so they will go on rampage if they get hold of power, and the antecedents of the party at Federal level & some states we know about does not give one the comfort that they will do well here. Wont it be nice to have the the powers that be at the center being supportive of the laudable projects going on in Lagos state? this will be more likely when they are of the same family. Lagos has suffered too much neglect from the FG, let us work for a reversal of this. I know there are some hate/smear campaigns flying around about Tinubu, it is to cause dissafection like this. I am not holding brief for him mind you, but those behind these attacks are not doing it for the masses. Take a cue from the U-turn that someone like Gov. Fayose has just made, let us vote with our head & not our heart.smiley

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 02, 2015
Metrofox:

wetin fine girls dey do for politics na.. thought twas only romance dem dey like o.. smiley anyways tis all good

I don tire to romance na tongue.
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Toks2008(m): 8:55am On Apr 02, 2015
Tinubu godfather-ism A blessing or a curse to Lagos state.

Political godfather-ism can not be exempted from politics all over the world and this should not be an issue.

What we should look at is the ability of these godfathers to follow due process in ensuring that their choice candidate succeeds in winning the elective position.

In Lagos state,over the years many quarters have held the notion that Asiwaju Bola Hammed Tinubu’s “godfather-ism” is more akin to that of unscrupulous mafia dons.

Tinubu’s “godfather-ism” to these set means candidates for public office of his political party are not elected by popular vote but selected from Tinubu’s bedroom and then imposed on the party. They are then held under a tight leash by the Jagaban and are required to do his bidding on pain of being summarily replaced or impeached.

The question I keep asking the crusader of these funny and seemingly awkward assertion is this; does Tinubu have a hypnotic power to control the minds of these party members? OF-COURSE NOT.

I think what Tinubu does is that he meticulously analyses an individual within the party based on credibility and presents such to the party and does not impose or blackmail anyone to vote for such but uses the apparatus within his reach to foster his choice into coming out tops.

I would say that the "godfather-ism" of Tinubu have come out as a great blessing to Lagos state due to his ability to recognize a credible and efficient candidate as we have evidently seen in the person of Governor Fashola who turned Lagos state around and made Lagos the envy of every other states and also raised the bar so high that APC governors across Nigeria are known for excellent performance

In like manner, I believe that the emergence of Akinwunmi Ambode as the APC flag-bearer and subsequently the next governor of Lagos state will definitely bring about even a greater and more excellent governance.

I will not want to forget the rumored rift between Governor Fashola and Tinubu and if this is true then it even gets better because this goes a long way to show that these presumed “godsons” are not just excellent executives but are not also a push over for any one.

In conclusion, I would say that the “godfather-ism” of Tinubu if indeed it is what people call it,have been a blessing for Lagos and will continue to be a blessing and until we see a reason to discredit it, we will continue to vote for APC to take charge of the affairs in Lagos state for many years to come not because there is a presumed godfather somewhere but because Lagosians have realized that the representatives of this party are result oriented.

7 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by omartins(m): 8:55am On Apr 02, 2015
Why was he sacked from Fashola's Government.
This will also help the electorates.
Any idea nairalanders?

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by olareed(m): 8:56am On Apr 02, 2015
Koni dafun PDP...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 02, 2015
well i dont realy say much about politics but its nyc to speak out sumtimes

ehm jimi is well known in lagos yea pdp is a bad party,he seems like d man who will bring in new ideas nd work as active as fashola he also hav is pple at hrt nd he knows were lagos needs d govt d most

ambode is jus a toy or shud i say a remote dough he will continue were d prev govnor stops bt wont bring in any new ideas he will only finish wat has been started jus like wat mr fashola did,dough he made life misrable for lagosians to an extent nd nt all d key locale in lagos was touch lemme giv him 50per cent he tried....but lagos shud decide as for me wud hav love to bring in jimi

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by suleojonugwa(m): 8:58am On Apr 02, 2015
Jimi is de answer pdp is nt a human being is a party name let us vote for real person jimi agbaje lagos for u

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 02, 2015
I think the governorship election will be a tough one cos I'm viewing from different angle and considering the fact that ogun is definitely going to be won by Apc and here in Lagos state too, what will happen if pdp loses to both important states, let's vote and not fight
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by adeolabakare: 8:59am On Apr 02, 2015
A man that wears chain around his neck like a woman!!!! hummmm be ware.....

6 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by promisechild(m): 9:00am On Apr 02, 2015
Apc na him get lagos

6 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by greall12(m): 9:00am On Apr 02, 2015
Who is Jim. The election can only tough in Yiibo residence area.

5 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by gambit10: 9:00am On Apr 02, 2015
redcliff:

Its lagos resources theyl be using to fund themselves.

you gorrit

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Toks2008(m): 9:00am On Apr 02, 2015
askibee:
well i dont realy say much about politics but its nyc to speak out sumtimes

ehm jimi is well known in lagos yea pdp is a bad party,he seems like d man who will bring in new ideas nd work as active as fashola he also hav is pple at hrt nd he knows were lagos needs d govt d most

ambode is jus a toy or shud i say a remote dough he will continue were d prev govnor stops bt wont bring in any new ideas he will only finish wat has been started jus like wat mr fashola did,dough he made life misrable for lagosians to an extent nd nt all d key locale in lagos was touch lemme giv him 50per cent he tried....but lagos shud decide as for me wud hav love to bring in jimi

Your views and opinions are well respected but believe me, its based on sentiments.

What we need is result oriented people irrespective of who brought them.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 02, 2015
kennygee:
This JImi Agbaje go try sha.
u voted GEJ now?
Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 02, 2015
EggovinMma:
Well, I don't know who to choose. Since I am for change, I don't mind jk getting it.As we don try Fashola, make we try another person na.

Yes, Change we need---CHANGE FROM FASHOLA TO AMBODE

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 02, 2015
SammyHoe:

Yes, Change we need---CHANGE FROM FASHOLA TO AMBODE

Well, I am die hard Apc fan, but I still insist we try JK.

3 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by yim(f): 9:04am On Apr 02, 2015
If the margin in the presidential election result is anytin to go by, APC has a lot of work to do
I for one haven't felt fasola cos d road to my house has gotten worse and it is a state road and is Ambode a fired cabinet man is wat we want?
Let's have a change in Lagos too

4 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 02, 2015
olaxco2f:
u voted GEJ now?

No. I didn't even vote.

1 Like

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by ribbit: 9:04am On Apr 02, 2015
People shouldn't have problem with tinubu anymore. even, if ambode didn't win, tinubu will still continue to amass wealth for himself.. So the Devil we know that brought us the likes of fashola, aregbesola, ajimobi and the likes is better than angel that aligned himself with pdp that has ruined the nation in the last 16years..

Choose wisely lagosians.

7 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by suleojonugwa(m): 9:05am On Apr 02, 2015
jimi is a real man

2 Likes

Re: Akinwunmi Ambode(apc) Vs Jimi Agbaje(pdp) by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:05am On Apr 02, 2015
aristocrazzy:
Let's not talk too much on this one. We all know PDP can't win in Lagos.
tough time for agbaje

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard / South-south Youths Call For Proscription Of IPOB, Want Kanu arrested / Judas Who Betrayed His Master Poster Traced To Tinubu Supporters: Osinbajo Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.