Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,253 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. (24470 Views)

Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently / My Mother Inlaw Wants To Bath With Me / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by bukatyne(f): 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
damiso:

Wisdom is needed,fighting elders is not always the wise choice.

Easier said than done If the person is pushed to the wall.

By fighting, I don't mean physical o!

More like Coco's tough love.

But a spouse setting boundaries for his/her parent is just the ideal situation always.

3 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Stillfire: 7:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
Lol. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Ewuro4: 7:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
moca:
My best friend in secondary school was killed by a wicked mil.
Yes,u heard me right.
So wicked she was exiled forever.
I met her few days b4 she gave up.
I couldn't hold back the tears.
She was tortured by this wicked woman till somebody discovered her but too late.
Son and mother live in d same city but mother insisted on training my friend b4 she finally goes to her hubby's house.
She was d cool and o yes type else she would hv ran away.
Probably hoping it will end one day.
She fall sick and this evil woman instead of taking her to hospital, was giving her concoctions which was weakening her system the more.
Too late, and she died

The whole community disowned and exiled her.
So much for enduring and treating a wicked mil like urs.
May her soul continue to rest in peace cry
We hate to face reality.
We have good and bad people in all genders and age.

What reality? undecided

All these horror stories sef , were you there during all these and why didn't you stop her?

go and tell that to criminal court and see if you dont land yourself in jail for fabricating a hearsay.

5 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Stillfire: 7:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
Finally, Jumoke could not stand her mother-in-law’s bad
temper and dictatorship any longer, and she decided to do
something about it!

What a terrible, terrible mother-in-law with bad home training.

3 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by bukatyne(f): 7:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
Stillfire:

What a terrible, terrible mother-in-law with bad home training.

Hahahahahaha!

This is surely another angle!

With a diabolic DIL.

Lol!
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Stillfire: 7:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
bukatyne:

Hahahahahaha!

This is surely another angle!

With a diabolic DIL.

Lol!

Yeah the story reinstated the old aged belief that MILs are the rabble-rousers and chief commander in confusion and commotion grin which is akin to witchcraft and the DILs are to adapt to their ways . grin But we have still not dealt with the crux of the matter. How can we make decent, upright, virtuous, diplomatic women out of MILs, rotflmao, so you don't have to go diabolical or pretend to 'kill' grin her with love instead of juju. grin

What if the juju was real? This MIL would have died for being a cantankerous woman. grin

6 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Stillfire: 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
Today I pledge not to be a cantankerous MIL, rotflmao! grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ewuro4:

What reality? undecided

All these horror stories sef , were you there during all these and why didn't you stop her?

go and tell that to criminal court and see if you dont land yourself in jail for fabricating a hearsay.

Ewuro,pls pls, im not others.
I have never confronted or angrily lashed out at u
Do know ur boundary.

On top a story I narrated,its now a heresay and I fabricated it.
Pls mind how u respond to my posts.

Nne,this is internet and I don't crave acceptance by any group. I say my thing as I see and know it.
U don't like it jump and pass the way I jump and pass ur numerous posts.
Gosh!
U can never change.

15 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
This is how u go about looking for trouble all the time.
I'm warning u for the last time. Stay on ur lane.

I have never looked for ur trouble.
Except when I was soliciting for peace btw u and another moniker u pounced on me.
My first post on nairaland last two yrs was to beg u and another moniker tearing each other to cool down
Sometimes u behave like a thirteen year old gal.
U have tthe nerve to call my story fabricated one.
May thunder blast u into pieces.
May the spiritt of maybell locate and deal with u.
Come to my village and yarn this dust and see if u will live till the next day.
Herd mentality.

10 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
All tru my stay in nairaland, nothing has pained me like what this useless "ady with 13 yrs old brain just said.

So I can now fabricate death?
Is it that simple to u?
Heartless fellow.
I thought u have human sympathy in u.
Cos u wanna justify ur case(whatever it is cos I didn't read it)and feel u belong, u hv to demean my story?
Yes, her mil killed her.

I can give u her aunt's name u check her out and ask her. She is one of the best nigerian drs in US.

I wonder if this is how u express urself in real life.
Tufiakwa!

Two yrs plus of seeing ur moniker both old and new yet no change.
Anu mpama

10 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Ewuro4: 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
moca:

Ewuro,pls pls, im not others.
I have never confronted or angrily lashed out at u
Do know ur boundary.

On top a story I narrated,its now a heresay and I fabricated it.
Pls mind how u respond to my posts.

Nne,this is internet and I don't crave acceptance by any group. I say my thing as I see and know it.
U don't like it jump and pass the way I jump and pass ur numerous posts.
Gosh!
U can never change.

grin grin see vexing , ypepe whats wrong with my post? It's either you're there when the poor lady was poisoned and murdered or you're not. Which makes you a prime suspect and accessory to a crime.

So spare me all your emotions and say the truth now or forever hold your peace and enough of all these make believe stories. tongue

Why should I change? Have you changed?

3 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by bukatyne(f): 8:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
Stillfire:

Yeah the story reinstated the old aged belief that MILs are the rabble-rousers and chief commander in confusion and commotion grin which is akin to witchcraft and the DILs are to adapt to their ways . grin But we have still not dealt with the crux of the matter. How can we make decent, upright, virtuous, diplomatic women out of MILs, rotflmao, so you don't have to go diabolical or pretend to 'kill' grin her with love instead of juju. grin

What if the juju was real? This MIL would have died for being a cantankerous woman. grin

Lols
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 8:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
Please ladies no fighting,let us agree to disagree sometimes.

It is not cool....

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ewuro4:

grin grin see vexing , ypepe whats wrong with my post? It's either you're there when the poor lady was poisoned and murdered or you're not. Which makes you a prime suspect and accessory to a crime.

So spare me all your emotions and say the truth now or forever hold your peace and enough of all these make believe stories. tongue

Why should I change? Have you changed?
I'm not laughing. As a matter of fact I'm crying cos we were too close.
She opted to learn how to sow and marry while I went to further my education.

Only if u knew what u just caused now.
Mind how u talk.
Henceforth, I avoid u and ur posts like plague.

6 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by bukatyne(f): 8:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
Stillfire:
Today I pledge not to be a cantankerous MIL, rotflmao! grin grin grin grin

Steps are easy:

1. Have a life outside your kids (church, mosque, Idaho shrine, work, business, travelling)

2. Know that your kid's spouse comes first

3. Be happy for them and learn to understand them and make efforts to make yout relationship with them work

4. Know your boundaries during visits.

Etc.

From my experience with my aunts.

3 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Ewuro4: 9:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
Moca, did I just read your curses on my pretty monikers grin ?

Hian , I called you out on your lies and here you are fuming like a rabid dog. Simple question ; WERE YOU THERE WHEN THE ALLEGED MURDERER POISONED HER OR JUST AN HEARSAY/ RUMOUR??

So you have no love left for moi again? Awww what a shame cheesy

Avoid me but will call out a bogus post when I see one.

2 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Beetle: 9:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
This is such a bias thread obviously created by women who are loved by their MILs and you'll having a gripe at the women from other thread because of the comments they made is so immature of some of you.

People are shaped by their very own experiences. You can't use yours to judge other people. Every relationship is unique and people are different.

I still had an argument with my mum days ago and we were both sending messages back and forth expressing how we both felt. My mum can forgive me easily coz at the end of the day im her daughter, she can't throw me away. I can never have that sort of relationship with my MIL, but my MIL's sister she loves me to bits and I love her as well. So there it goes. What will you do if someone is hell bent on not liking you. Hate your guts so much and drives home each time you don't have a child and you wont be the only wife of her son. Sit there and smile and take it, curses you like it's the end of the world. I guess you won't want to have a relationship with that sort of woman. Anyways I'm done with the sort of thread. Women having a dig at other women and pretending they are high and mighty. Who made you lots judge?

14 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
Beetle:
This is such a bias thread obviously created by women who are loved by their MILs and you'll having a gripe at the women from other thread because of the comments they made is so immature of some of you.
People are shaped by their very own experiences. You can't use yours to judge other people. Every relationship is unique and people are different.
I still had an argument with my mum days ago and we were both sending messages back and forth expressing how we both felt. My mum can forgive me easily coz at the end of the day im her daughter, she can't throw me away. I can never have that sort of relationship with my MIL, but my MIL's sister she loves me to bits and I love her as well. So there it goes. What will you do if someone is hell bent on not liking you. Hate your guts so much and drives home each time you don't have a child and you wont be the only wife of her son. Sit there and smile and take it, curses you like it's the end of the world. I guess you won't want to have a relationship with that sort of woman. Anyways I'm done with the sort of thread. Women having a dig at other women and pretending they are high and mighty. Who made you lots judge?
The
My dear don't mind them. Most of them here, their husbands are watching over their shoulders. If them see any kparamram, he will send them back to their parents house with their Ghana must go bags cheesy.
N'a dem dey kill pass.

wara wara nu ru.
gwompiti n'a azu grin
Do best of what you can in your situation. Hugs dear

6 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by babygirlfl: 9:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
Beetle:

Well said
My dear these things happen always in nairaland and even in the outside world. Some women will only feel better about themselves by making other women look bad. What a horrible way to live.

4 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by taryour(f): 10:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
Beetle:

And is it by getting physical with mother inlaws,beating them up,hating them,throwing their things out, that solves the issue What ever happen to ignore or walking out of the situation till your the hubby can handle things.

No one is disputing the fact that some mother inlaws are wicked and unbearable but please there better ways to solving issues as such. A good example is the link cococandy tagged me in, after all her mother inlaw did to her,she never raised her hands on her. Her husband took charge of the situation.

3 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Jahblessme: 10:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
Not everyone can walk away..people do lots of things in anger,that doesn't make them less well bred than the next person.

Once someone is stretched to the elastic limit,their response to aggravation may be explosive.

Easy to sit here and say you should do this you should do that .In the heat of the moment when provoked people respond differently..

In an ideal world the husband will handle.if he never rises to the occasion nko?

Eg I may ignore you when you think u can f uck with me..I can ignore for ages and be silent but the day I decide to deal with you, hell would be a better alternative. no apologies.
Very funny thread tho..saints nwekes signing out

Daz all.

12 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by zeb04(f): 10:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
Damn how can someone be these hated.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by bebe2(f): 10:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
cococandy:
Depending on age, I even see old people as kids.
This saying that the older one becomes the more like a kid they act is very true.
I've experienced it.

I absolutely adore old folks especially those ones that are no longer physically strong.
They throw tantrums and asks questions like kids sometimes it is amusing.
And you're looking at them like "so someday I'm gonna be like this" grin

And some of them are just full of blessings.
If you buy then only one wrapper they will bless you[b][/b] until your black cheeks blush bright pink.[b][/b] Aww.

untill my toning creams start to be effective wink wink
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by cococandy(f): 10:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
bebe2:

untill my toning creams start to be effective wink wink
lol cheesy
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Juzzybabe(f): 11:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
In as much as I detest DIL fighting or exchanging words with MIL,I must say some of you are always biased when it comes to this issue probably because you feel all is well in your case,and you assume every MIL is as nice as yours or one's biological mother. Some MIL never accepts you even if you plug out your right eye to please them,causing unhappiness for their DIL and deriving pleasure in it. Will one's own mother do that Well for me,I don't exchange words with mine nor fight her,no matter how much she provokes me,I only ignore her and avoid her as much as I can even tho I wish we were besties. I don't support women who retaliates or raises fights with their Inlaws. But truth be told,some MIL just don't deserve the 'happy mother's day' treat!

6 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Ewuro4: 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
moca:
[s]This is how u go about looking for trouble all the time.
I'm warning u for the last time. Stay on ur lane.

I have never looked for ur trouble.
Except when I was soliciting for peace btw u and another moniker u pounced on me.
My first post on nairaland last two yrs was to beg u and another moniker tearing each other to cool down
Sometimes u behave like a thirteen year old gal.
[/s]

U have tthe nerve to call my story fabricated one.
May thunder blast u into pieces.
May the spiritt of maybell locate and deal with u.
Come to my village and yarn this dust and see if u will live till the next day.

Herd mentality.
Blah blah blah

Back at ya and all yours evil woman.

Nobody's arguing Mabell's death , how it happened remained a cold case until an autopsy is done.

I'm not surprised what goes on in your village, you sound like one of the crowd that lynched & sent the old woman to exile. Anofia.

5 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
angry angry angry
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by ifyalways(f): 6:04am On Apr 04, 2015
I'm blessed with a wonderful MIL, however, I'm not ignorant of the existence of horrible MIL's and DIL's.

Love is not bought or sought by force. If your MIL/DIL have for no reason refused to accept or love you, I say ignore her. I don't like the idea of raising hands on the elderly, no matter the level of provocation but then again, we are all different and react to anger in different ways

Nobody holy pass.

5 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by taryour(f): 7:36am On Apr 04, 2015
ifyalways:
I'm blessed with a wonderful MIL, however, I'm not ignorant of the existence of horrible MIL's and DIL's.

Love is not bought or sought by force. If your MIL/DIL have for no reason refused to accept or love you, I say ignore her. I don't like the idea of raising hands on the elderly, no matter the level of provocation but then again, we are all different and react to anger in different ways

Nobody holy pass.

Sis good morning o, quite a long time. How are you and all yours? Trust you all are doing great. Good to see you.

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 04, 2015
Shollypopzz:

That's why no one should take your advice on MIL/DIL relationships seriously, your posts on such issues are very unbalanced and naïve. undecided
You sound like you've had more MILs than . You certainly don't know the meaning of naïve.

2 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by crackhaus: 9:30am On Apr 04, 2015
Jahblessme:
Not everyone can walk away..people do lots of things in anger,that doesn't make them less well bred than the next person.

Once someone is stretched to the elastic limit,their response to aggravation may be explosive.

Easy to sit here and say you should do this you should do that .In the heat of the moment when provoked people respond differently..

In an ideal world the husband will handle.if he never rises to the occasion nko?

Eg I may ignore you when you think u can f uck with me..I can ignore for ages and be silent but the day I decide to deal with you, hell would be a better alternative. no apologies.
Very funny thread tho..saints nwekes signing out

Daz all.
This is a beautiful post, full of wisdom and enlightenment... as a matter of fact, I'm the ninth person to like it.

However, I really hope you (and the eight females who liked your post before I did) don't change this line of thinking the next time a topic is created regarding a man who beat up his wife because she couldn't tame her tongue.
People do lots of things in anger, it doesn't mean they're less bred than the next person... and that man who slapped his wife in the heat of provocation is certainly not a beast.

You're a genius! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 04, 2015
crackhaus:

This is a beautiful post, full of wisdom and enlightenment... as a matter of fact, I'm the ninth person to like it.

However, I really hope you (and the eight females who liked your post before I did) don't change this line of thinking the next time a topic is created regarding a man who beat up his wife because she couldn't tame her tongue.
People do lots of things in anger, it doesn't mean they're less bred than the next person and that man who slapped his wife in the heat of provocation is certainly not a beast.

You're a genius! cheesy
grin grin

I'm sure this universal wisdom doesn't apply to men. If it did jahbless would haveg praised Mcdokwe for lighting his girlfriend's arze up grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Can Make You Turn Your Partner's Intimacy Approach Down? / 9 Things You Can Relate To If You Have Followed Your Mother To The Market Before / 10% Of Moms Aren't Sure Who Fathered Their Babies - UK Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.