Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,413 members, 7,830,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. (24466 Views)

Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently / My Mother Inlaw Wants To Bath With Me / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
damiso:

Edwife please interprete grin grin what kind of shade, sun shades or colour shades grin

My 'sista', it's a shade of read.

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by taryour(f): 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
Shollypopzz:
Did the op(taryour) lose track of what the thread is about?? What has slapping got to do with the original post? Did the op create the thread to vent over the Mr perfectionist thread??

The DIL in your story didn't hit her MIL, or are my contacts playing tricks on me?? Why are people carrying over feelings from a previous thread to another?

Don't get me wrong and attack me wrongly, someone made reference to a thread where a wife had a quarrel with her mother inlaw. Please go back and read the 1st and 2nd page. Where I replied coogar and cococandy also tagged me on a link on that thread.

At the long run,it all still boils down to how we treat our mother inlaws.

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
damiso:

Edwife please interprete grin grin what kind of shade, sun shades or colour shades grin

grin grin grin It's a slang

-To insult or judge someone discreetly or indirectly

-Picking out one's flaws in a derogatory manner. Also called reading
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by FynBabe(f): 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
FynBabe:
grin cheesy :DHehehehehehe, madam Chilli! No put me for trouble o!

cheesy grin cheesy grin
Abeg let's leave matter for mathais .

Come and eat cous cous made by my FIL. The man sabi cook die.
My own Na siddon chop.
grin cheesy

Shollypopzz:
Did the op(taryour) lose track of what the thread is about?? What has slapping got to do with the original post? Did the op create the thread to vent over the Mr perfectionist thread??
The DIL in your story didn't hit her MIL, or are my contacts playing tricks on me?? Why are people carrying over feelings from a previous thread to another?
I feel cheated and deceived because I responded to the thread/original post and not Mr perfectionist's story.

thread is all about seeking whose advice should be followed in the section. Some already think themselves to be best adviser.una wan win award ni.

cous cous grin

5 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
taryour:

Don't get me wrong and attack me wrongly, someone made reference to a thread where a wife had a quarrel with her mother inlaw. Please go back and read the 1st and 2nd page. Where I replied coogar and cococandy also tagged me on a link on that thread.

At the long run,it all still boils down to how we treat our mother inlaws.

So, you lost track of your thread because some people referenced the other thread?? When I made a comment on your thread, you were asking me insulting questions about my mum and how she'll will respond if her MIL slapped or how I will respond if my MIL slaps me?

Why were you asking me about "slappations" when your thread had nothing to do with physical violence?

4 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by FynBabe(f): 3:30pm On Apr 04, 2015
grin :Dnice one from your FIL.
Chillisauce:

cheesy grin cheesy grin
Abeg let's leave matter for mathais .

Come and eat cous cous made by my FIL. The man sabi cook die.
My own Na siddon chop.
grin cheesy

thread is all about seeking whose advice should be followed in the section. Some already think themselves to be best adviser.una wan win award ni.

cous cous grin

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by damiso(f): 3:31pm On Apr 04, 2015
edwife:

Ok thank you for interpretation.

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
edwife:

It's actually a gay lingo that was popularized by drag queens and AA women.

Shade is subliminal, if you're not careful you might not catch it but read is in your face! 'Read' is more or less a "call out".

Example of a read below:

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by damiso(f): 3:34pm On Apr 04, 2015
Shollypopzz:

My 'sista', it's a shade of read.

I was going to say but I can 'read' naa grin but Edwife has come to the rescue.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 3:37pm On Apr 04, 2015
Shollypopzz:

It's actually a gay lingo that was popularized by drag queens and AA women.

Shade is subliminal, if you're not careful you might not catch it but read is in your face! 'Read' is more or less a "call out".

Now sholly you taking me back to history cheesy

Many slangs used this days are from the gay and drag queens....

Read is in your face yes,but like i said shades are indirectly but a wise person will quickly see it wink

That phaedra read was the best read ever in the real housewives history... grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by taryour(f): 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
Shollypopzz:

So, you lost track of your thread because some people referenced the other thread?? When I made a comment on your thread, you were asking me insulting questions about my mum and how she'll will respond if her MIL slapped or how I will respond if my MIL slaps me?

Why were you asking me about "slappations" when your thread had nothing to do with physical violence?

I have already responded to you in best possible way and in a matured way. You insulted me earlier and we both apologized. So I really don't see where all of this is coming from. The thread someone made reference to and this thread doesn't have any much difference. Its still same wife and mother inlaw issue.

If you have an issue comprehending it then please take a walk. I come in peace and do not get into fights on nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
taryour:

I have already responded to you in best possible way and in a matured way. You insulted me earlier and we both apologized. So I really don't see where all of this is coming from. The thread someone made reference to and this thread doesn't have any much difference. Its still same wife and mother inlaw issue.
If you have an issue comprehending it then please take a walk. I come in peace and do not get into fights on nairaland.

Chile, you're re-writing history. I never threw shade your way before you attacked me. I feel cheated and deceived into thinking the thread was about your story, meanwhile it was about carry-over feelings.

If you want to talk about maturity, you must learn how to communicate without shade. No one is fighting you, have several seats.

[img]http://media./media/IL7hXX77O5OIU/giphy.gif[/img]

8 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by bukatyne(f): 3:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
Kimoni:
what is the subject of this thread again How to treat ur mother-in-law ba??

And yes I was expecting to see people proffering solutions on how best you can handle tantrums from MILs but the first few pages is people taking jabs at other posters who have contrary opinions to theirs.

You then wonder what this thread is really set out to achieve.

Not cool!

First thing I said on the thread

2 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by bukatyne(f): 4:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
And the habit of throwing snide remarks abi na shade or read the way of posters who do not agree with you especially when that person is not on the thread of reference. is iirritating.

Everybody cannot and will not think like you.

If you don't like their line of thought, let them be.

Sheeh!

8 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Idowuogbo(f): 6:24pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hmmmm....na wa oooo
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Aragorn53(m): 7:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
The Purpose of this thread is to advice ladies on how to relate with their mother inlaw, it didnt specifically state that it's the sole duty of DIL to be nice to their MIL, How ever I believe that DIL have rights on their MIL and vice versa, and its part of the duty of the husband to ensure that none of them is cheated or deprived of their right.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by crackhaus: 7:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
Timbuktou:

Nna ehn. Wetin we no go see for nairaland? Sai gender equality.
gringrin

Women!
They have even turned the thread into a cat fight of sorts. gringrin

Taryour, you have stated you got a nice MIL and I don't know if your relationship with her was always warm or if you had to make the effort to make it so - either way, it's still refreshing to see women who have good things to say about their MILs.
You gotta quit replying these folks that don't seem to understand there are women like you who have it good with their MILs.

Growing up, never once did I see any display of animosity between my senior girlfriend (mother) and my paternal grandma, not even a single bad word/gossip about her MIL.
And to think all my uncles and aunts used to say my dad is his mom's favourite, hence she used to come around a lot when I was much younger...but still, my mother was able to play it safe and keep it loving despite the old woman's constant nagging and oversabi.

Your thread has served it's purpose, ain't no need to entertain the negative feedback... cheers!

*Drops the mic forcefully on the stage-floor and takes a walk*

I'm out mothafvckerz! gringrin

5 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Ewuro4: 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
Your senior girlfriend grin

Anybody that will advice me to rid my MIL off my life is enemy of progress. This woman helps me and has been very nice to me and she's not even FOB. she can choose to park & stay forever for all I care grin I don't give a damn.

To those strugling with theirs, be a bigger person and be humble , it pays in a long run. That's all I can say.

Thank you Tayour for this thread. smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by crackhaus: 7:53pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ewuro4:
Yes oo grin
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Ngokafor(f): 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
Shollypopzz:

.. Classic response cheesy grin

6 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by coogar: 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
crackhaus:

gringrin

Women!
They have even turned the thread into a cat fight of sorts. gringrin

Taryour, you have stated you got a nice MIL and I don't know if your relationship with her was always warm or if you had to make the effort to make it so - either way, it's still refreshing to see women who have good things to say about their MILs.
You gotta quit replying these folks that don't seem to understand there are women like you who have it good with their MILs.

Growing up, never once did I see any display of animosity between my senior girlfriend (mother) and my paternal grandma, not even a single bad word/gossip about her MIL.
And to think all my uncles and aunts used to say my dad is his mom's favourite, hence she used to come around a lot when I was much younger...but still, my mother was able to play it safe and keep it loving despite the old woman's constant nagging and oversabi.

Your thread has served it's purpose, ain't no need to entertain the negative feedback... cheers!

I'm out mothafvckerz! gringrin

do you blame them?
many of them were raised from a dysfunctional family background - how won't they see the MIL as the village witch?

just like you, i never saw my mom & her MIL trade words & the MIL came around a lot cos my dad was her only son. it was peace & harmony throughout. women who want to trade blows with their MILs should go ahead.

bunch of brainless bimbos!

5 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by crackhaus: 8:14pm On Apr 04, 2015
coogar:

do you blame them?
many of them were raised from a dysfunctional family background - how won't they see the MIL as the village witch?

just like you, i never saw my mom & her MIL trade words & the MIL came around a lot cos my dad was her only son. it was peace & harmony throughout. women who want to trade blows with their MILs should go ahead.

Hehehe... dysfunctional indeed, can't blame em'.

4 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by zeb04(f): 8:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
These thread is going to give some heart attack.

2 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by bukatyne(f): 8:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
coogar:

do you blame them?

It is very rude and classless to call people you do not agree with names up and down.

There is nothing wrong with respectfully disagreeing with people. Different people, different experiences.

It is one thing to attack or counter attack a particular poster or posters, it is another to insult people who do not agree with you.

I am sure the later is basics of Good breeding and functional homes.

13 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by coogar: 8:37pm On Apr 04, 2015
bukatyne:

It is very rude and classless to call people you do not agree with names up and down.

There is nothing wrong with respectfully disagreeing with people. Different people, different experiences.

It is one thing to attack or counter attack a particular poster or posters, it is another to insult people who do not agree with you.

I am sure the later is basics of Good breeding and functional homes.

you are a fool!
did i mention anyone's name in my comment or what has it gotta do with you?

don't you ever in your miserable life quote me when you haven't been spoken to directly? are you insane?

what effrontery! angry

6 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by bukatyne(f): 8:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
coogar:

you are a fool!
did i mention anyone's name in my comment or what has it gotta do with you?

don't you ever in your miserable life quote me when you haven't been spoken to directly? are you insane?

what effrontery! angry

I am well bred not to engage you in insults tonight.

Keep showing us your well bredness and functional home quality.

And don't give yourself high BP.

11 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 8:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
crackhaus:

Where did you get the mic and why are you dropping it forcefully? cheesy
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by coogar: 8:42pm On Apr 04, 2015
bukatyne:

I am well bred not to engage you in insults tonight.

Keep showing us your well bredness and functional home quality.

And don't give yourself high BP.

if you are well-bred, you wouldn't jump on my post like an animal on heat to score cheap brownie points. if you are well-bred, you would have been taught to speak only when spoken to. if you are well-bred, you wouldn't have quoted my comments when i wasn't speaking to you.

so there you go - the evidence of your kerosene background becomes glaring.

6 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Ewuro4: 8:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
edwife:

Where did you get the mic and why are you dropping it forcefully? cheesy
I did it.
I dragged him off the podium and forcefully collected the mic off his hands. grin
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 8:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
Ewuro4:

Anybody that will advice me to rid my MIL off my life is enemy of progress. This woman helps me and has been very nice to me and she's not even FOB. she can choose to park & stay forever for all I care grin I don't give a damn.

To those strugling with theirs, be a bigger person and be humble , it pays in a long run. That's all I can say.

Thank you Tayour for this thread. smiley
Leave the poor woman alone before the girls give her trouble...

That's what happened to my granny,she had to run away from us,every little things we have to involve her to plead on our behalf tongue grin especially when we got home late... grin

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
bukatyne:
And the habit of throwing snide remarks abi na shade or read the way of posters who do not agree with you especially when that person is not on the thread of reference. is iirritating.

Everybody cannot and will not think like you.

If you don't like their line of thought, let them be.

Sheeh!

Haba. , no be fight na cheesy
Everyone cant be like you N'a. Whether u like or not
Olodos and opuno must exist.

We must live together in this section. grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Can Make You Turn Your Partner's Intimacy Approach Down? / 9 Things You Can Relate To If You Have Followed Your Mother To The Market Before / 10% Of Moms Aren't Sure Who Fathered Their Babies - UK Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.