Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,251 members, 7,829,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. (24453 Views)

Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently / My Mother Inlaw Wants To Bath With Me / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by crackhaus: 9:59am On Apr 04, 2015
Timbuktou:
grin grin

I'm sure this universal wisdom doesn't apply to men. If it did jahbless would haveg praised Mcdokwe for lighting his girlfriend's arze up grin
Lol... abeg I can't deal.

Jahbless is a genius, Lmao... grin

I'm just relieved that nine females so far on family section agree that not everyone walks away in the heat of confrontation.

You piss someone off past their emotional threshold (man, woman, husband, wife, MIL, DIL, SIL, etc.), have it at the back of your mind that you might get knocked the fvck out. gringrin

3 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by pickabeau1: 10:01am On Apr 04, 2015
crackhaus:

This is a beautiful post, full of wisdom and enlightenment... as a matter of fact, I'm the ninth person to like it.

However, I really hope you (and the eight females who liked your post before I did) don't change this line of thinking the next time a topic is created regarding a man who beat up his wife because she couldn't tame her tongue.
People do lots of things in anger, it doesn't mean they're less bred than the next person and that man who slapped his wife in the heat of provocation is certainly not a beast.

You're a genius! cheesy

This line of genius is not applicable to the male gender grin
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by crackhaus: 10:02am On Apr 04, 2015
pickabeau1:

This line of genius is not applicable to the male gender grin
Selective ingenuity, Lol... grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 04, 2015
crackhaus:

Lol... abeg I can't deal.

Jahbless is a genius, Lmao... grin

I'm just relieved that nine females so far on family section agree that not everyone walks away in the heat of confrontation.

You piss someone off past their emotional threshold (man, woman, husband, wife, MIL, DIL, SIL, etc.), have it at the back of your mind that you might get knocked the fvck out. gringrin
Nna ehn. Wetin we no go see for nairaland? Sai gender equality.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 04, 2015
moca:
This is how u go about looking for trouble all the time.
I'm warning u for the last time. Stay on ur lane.

I have never looked for ur trouble.
Except when I was soliciting for peace btw u and another moniker u pounced on me.
My first post on nairaland last two yrs was to beg u and another moniker tearing each other to cool down
Sometimes u behave like a thirteen year old gal.
U have tthe nerve to call my story fabricated one.
May thunder blast u into pieces.
May the spiritt of maybell locate and deal with u
Come to my village and yarn this dust and see if u will live till the next day.
Herd mentality.

Chineeke

Moca Kpele. Not worth it.
Keep sharing your stories abeg.
And ignore the flies.
just open the windows, dem go fly comot grin

I still owe you the foot massage.
Hope your good.

6 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Kimoni: 11:50am On Apr 04, 2015
what is the subject of this thread again How to treat ur mother-in-law ba??

And yes I was expecting to see people proffering solutions on how best you can handle tantrums from MILs but the first few pages are people taking jabs at other posters who have contrary opinions to theirs.

You then wonder what this thread is really set out to achieve.

Not cool!

7 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by FynBabe(f): 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
The thread can not achieve much because it is full of hypocrisy and unbalanced views. Some of these Nairaland women make me laugh! They come here writing perfect stories all the time because their husbands have access to their password. I laugh in spanish!!! undecided
Kimoni:

And yes I was expecting to see people proffer solutions on how best you can handle tantrums from MILs but the first few pages is people taking jabs at other posters who have contrary opinions to theirs.

Not cool!

5 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by taryour(f): 1:36pm On Apr 04, 2015
FynBabe:
The thread can not achieve much because it is full of hypocrisy and unbalanced views. Some of these Nairaland women make me laugh! They come here writing perfect stories all the time because their husbands have
access to their password. I laugh in spanish!!! undecided

Because you might have a bad mother inlaw doesn't mean every other woman on this forum also has a bad mother inlaw.

Or are you insinuating those with good mother inlaws shouldn't post on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by babygirlfl: 1:37pm On Apr 04, 2015
FynBabe:
The thread can not achieve much because it is full of hypocrisy and unbalanced views. Some of these Nairaland women make me laugh! They come here writing perfect stories all the time because their husbands have access to their password. I laugh in spanish!!! undecided

My dear is it not nairaland again? We have read how it is somehow justified to kill a woman. We have also read how a FIL that gave the daughter a car is not a good father. We have read how beating a woman is justified. However it is an abormination to justify slapping a MIL that hit you first in your house. I don't get suprised anymore when women write these perfect stories. I stopped when a woman thought for one minute to justify the killing of another woman.

5 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by FynBabe(f): 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hmmmm. Most times, to avoid unnecessary talks, I just read and move on. No time for back and forth with people who may even be having it tougher in the real world.
babygirlfl:

My dear is it not nairaland again? We have read how it is somehow justified to kill a woman. We have also read how a FIL that gave the daughter a car is not a good father. We have read how beating a woman is justified. However it is an abornation to justify slapping a MIL that hit you first in your house. I don't get suprised anymore when women write these perfect stories. I stopped when a woman thought for one minute to justify the killing of another woman.

6 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by babygirlfl: 1:47pm On Apr 04, 2015
FynBabe:
Hmmmm. Most times, to avoid unnecessary talks, I just read and move on. No time for back and forth with people who may even be having it tougher in the real world.

I do that sometimes too.
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2015
Wow Shades shades and more shades.... cheesy

Never a dull moment in here... undecided

[img]http://media./media/NQ6KwvIGka5Ms/giphy.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Stillfire: 2:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
Kimoni:

And yes I was expecting to see people proffering solutions on how best you can handle tantrums from MILs but the first few pages is people taking jabs at other posters who have contrary opinions to theirs.

Not cool!

You have to understand that it comes naturally for women to police other women and keep them in line to be the epitome of the most subdued in men's eyes. Lol. Who do you think was policing women to drink their dead husband's corpse bath water or sewing up the va.gi.na during circumcision. You think it was men? Hahaha. If you understand the psychology and evolutionary tactic of women, you will live longer jare and just laugh about it. grin

9 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 04, 2015
Timbuktou:

You sound like you've had more MILs than . You certainly don't know the meaning of naïve.

7 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by babygirlfl: 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
Stillfire:

You have to understand that it comes naturally for women to police other women and keep them in line to be the epitome of the most subdued in men's eyes. Lol. Who do you think was policing women to drink their dead husband's corpse bath water or sewing up the va.gi.na during circumcision. You think it was men? Hahaha. If you understand the psychology and evolutionary tactic of women, you will live longer jare and just laugh about it. grin
I just had to quote this.

5 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2015
FynBabe:

3 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 04, 2015
edwife:

My 'sista', it's a shade tree up in here! People are just throwing and catching shade grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 2:48pm On Apr 04, 2015
Shollypopzz:

My 'sista', it's a shade tree up in here! People are just throwing and catching shade grin grin grin grin

[img]http://media./media/BQlhJWPCqGL84/giphy.gif[/img]

cheesy
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
Shollypopzz:

Don't mind edwife she Don throw her own shade, she won't allow others to throw theirs grin.

Pls....more shades!!!! kiss

4 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2015
FynBabe:

Pls

Names!!!!!

grin cheesy grin
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 2:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
Chillisauce:

Don't mind edwife she Don throw her own shade, she won't allow others to throw theirs grin.

Pls....more shades!!!! kiss

Me shade? shocked shocked grin

Nah...
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2015
edwife:

Me shade? shocked shocked grin

Nah...

Leave that thing.
I see your own shade somewhere. wink
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 2:56pm On Apr 04, 2015
Chillisauce:

Leave that thing.
I see your own shade somewhere. wink

Sweetheart i only stated what i read on Nairaland and it includes everybody(marriage in all),ain't throwing no shades on any woman cheesy
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by FynBabe(f): 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2015
Madam, I no get time for plenty talk jare! If you have it very good, congrats! If you don't, keep working at it! If you have done yor best and it is still not working, face front! You don't force people to love you.
taryour:

Because you might have a bad mother inlaw doesn't mean every other woman on this forum also has a bad mother inlaw.

Or are you insinuating those with good mother inlaws shouldn't post on nairaland

6 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by taryour(f): 3:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
FynBabe:
Madam, I no get time for plenty talk jare! If you have it very good, congrats! If you don't, keep working at it! If you have done yor best and it is still not working, face front! You don't force people to love you.

My sister, u and I are matured women I believe. I am not disputing the fact that there are bad and worse mother inlaws. I have heard a lot and even though I haven't experienced any.

My point is A WIFE has no right whatsoever to raise her hands on her mother inlaw or throw her out in the absence of the husband same goes to the husband. No matter how provoked the wife might be.

If its and older adult who is not related in anyway is different case entirely. but a mother inlaw is a no no.

3 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
edwife:

Sweetheart i only stated what i read on Nairaland and it includes everybody(marriage in all),ain't throwing no shades on any woman cheesy

We are all stating too na. cheesy
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by edwife(f): 3:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
Chillisauce:

We are all stating too na. cheesy

grin grin grin tu es une comedienne kiss

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by TooNoisy(f): 3:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
taryour:

My sister, u and I are matured women I believe. I am not disputing the fact that there are bad and worse mother inlaws. I have heard a lot and even though I haven't experienced any.

My point is A WIFE has no right whatsoever to raise her hands on her mother inlaw or throw her out in the absence of the husband same goes to the husband. No matter how provoked the wife might be.

If its and older adult who is not related in anyway is different case entirely. but a mother inlaw is a no no.

The point here is that the MIL did not make a ridiculous request. What is so difficult with giving her a few pix. I am sure wife already gave her own family some pix but wife was raised to think MIL are witches who must be defeated. Wife probably forgot her own mum is someone's MIL

2 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by FynBabe(f): 3:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
grin cheesy :DHehehehehehe, madam Chilli! No put me for trouble o!
Chillisauce:

Pls

Names!!!!!

grin cheesy grin
Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by taryour(f): 3:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
TooNoisy:

The point here is that the MIL did not make a ridiculous request. What is so difficult with giving her a few pix. I am sure wife already gave her own family some pix but wife was raised to think MIL are witches who must be defeated. Wife probably forgot her own mum is someone's MIL

I tire oo, the more reason I dint comment on that thread. Because of a mare pix. If she demanded for the whole album sef isn't any big deal.

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
Did the op(taryour) lose track of what the thread is about?? What has slapping got to do with the original post? Did the op create the thread to vent over the Mr perfectionist thread??

The DIL in your story didn't hit her MIL, or are my contacts playing tricks on me?? Why are people carrying over feelings from a previous thread to another?

I feel cheated and deceived because I responded to the thread/original post and not Mr perfectionist's story.

8 Likes

Re: How To Treat Your Mother Inlaw. by damiso(f): 3:18pm On Apr 04, 2015
edwife:

Never a dull moment in here... undecided

[img]http://media./media/NQ6KwvIGka5Ms/giphy.gif[/img]

Edwife please interprete grin grin what kind of shade, sun shades or colour shades grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Wife Pours Water On Matrimonial Bed Because Husband Refuses To Buy Her Wig (vid) / Mother Abandons A Newborn Baby In An Uncompleted Building In Kaduna (photos) / Wife Slams Husband For His Derogatory Comment On Women Who Miscarry Their Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.