Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari (37518 Views)

Blue Diamond Boss-festus Mbisiogu Builds Hospital For His Community Umuchima / Supreme Court Announces 22 New SANs, Festus Keyamo Missing From The List / Fashola Unveils Agenda For Roads, Power And Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Bolade005: 5:57pm On Apr 03, 2015
laplace12:

I was joking bro.

I love it actually.

Abia rot can't compared to deliberate demolition of North
To a minute part of the North. Many of the Northern states are doing real good.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Eluwilussit(m): 5:57pm On Apr 03, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

You are a very intelligent man

Thanks. You too are very intelligent as well. It takes one to know one. Happy good Friday.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
Equalizer:

I still maintain my stand that the Igbos are being marginalized.. What stops the APC from appointing an Igbo man as their Presidential or Vice Presidential candidate?

Of what benefit will a Vice president be to Igbos?

Politicians are criminals, what have our Igbo governors achieved since 1999? Our senate presidents nko?

Except for Chris Ngige, Peter Obi, Sullivan Chime and Willie Obiano, all other Igbo governors are criminals especially APC wizkid Rochas Okorocha!

3 Likes

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by EdCure: 6:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
ollyruffy:
Ok we don hear.
The general will give to them same percentage of votes they gave him in the election. NO CHEATING.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by DukeNija(m): 6:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
nagoma:

If by your first number 4. You mean Buhari stopping the Igbo cocaine courier business , yes you are right he will.

Just the way they stopped Baba Suwe right?
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by laplace12(m): 6:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bolade005:

To a minute part of the North. Many of the Northern states are doing real good.

It is not true.

Most companies are moving away from the North. The only remaining bank in the whole bauchi and yobe got bombed sometime last year.

A friend of mine went for a job interview in a multinational company last year, they begged him to take the offer and be posted to Kaduna but he refused. Its not only volatile areas that are affected.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Bolade005: 6:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

Forgive Igbos for what exactly? Do people not have the right to cast their vote without fear or favour?

I supported Buhari but with the way you idiots are sounding, I regret it
People indeed have the right to vote for their choice candidate without fear or favour but when that choice is born out of sentiments and tribalism, then they should be ready to bear the brunt of their stupidity.

And really you should stop famzing the General now that he's won, you're a r*tard for saying you supported him. How did you support him? How many of your people did you convince to not let sentiment becloud their reasoning and vote for the right candidate, GMB?.

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by kollinpowel(m): 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
I Am sure buhari is a man of his word and will neva marginalize despite what the igbo did. No matter what happens we are Nigerians ,we are brothers and sisters ,Muslims or Christians heaven is our goal.

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by AsherStorm(m): 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
Dheartless:

so if you're not in support of such character ,
why do you think the president should also possess such foolish character by being sentimental on leadership?
if your first post doesn't suggest the above,
then my apology.

nothing in my post which u quoted or my previous posts has suggested what u just pointed out...
u will have to read my post and digest it before quoting me next time...
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by pazienza(m): 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bolade005:

The man who sired you is an idiot.

It will take Enugu eternity to be half as industrialised as Ogun state. Never in this life will the educational standard of your people be half as good as the Southwest.

Keep comparing tour state with Jigawa. Fool, compare Imo or Enugu with Niger state na.

No Yoruba state has more educated people than Anambra and Imo state. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Thomsbuky(m): 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

I have always preached tolerance here on nairaland but it's obvious that Igbos are hated for no just cause.

So to all Bigoted Yorubas and Hausas the Igbos have always survived. Even when we had the Senate presidency it was useless to the average igbo man. Most of our own very governors are criminals, case in point Imo and Abia.

As long as you all don't start killing us like you always do,we will be just fine.

Its good of you to preached tolerance. However, contrary to your believe, igbo and yoruba are husband and wife. Both marrying each other, fight and make up...Igboman won't be able to sell all thier gears without yoruba people, that buy such gears. (Business)

Its vice versa both need each other have similar culture, life style that cannot be compare with Hausa and Fulani. However, igbo always believe they are smart than yoruba ..e.g relationship between (Jonathan and Obasanjo) former started to insult the finger that feed him and it came to pass he is history now.

One thing Igboman always forgot is yoruba is bridge between Hausa - and igbo, Yoruba are kingmaker...because Yoruba people support and fight to hold Nigeria together, something hausa always cherished and never forget. While igbo yearning for separates and war, should they not have their way. Igboman should learn how to court yoruba both are progressive liberal and tolerant people testimony is number of igbo living in yoruba states, igbo should integrate with Yoruba respect each other strength and weakness,and worked together, sky will be the limit for both tribes in Nigeria as both embrace development and good lifestyle.

4 Likes

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by lastpage: 6:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
Eluwilussit:

When have they been treated fairly? Those guys have earned every kobo they have. They have never depended on FG handouts. So they earned the right to vote for any party of their choice.

I hate all these hypocritical posts and comments. Didn't they vote for Shagari en mass and what did they get? Didn't they vote for Obasanjo in 99 and what did they get? Did they not vote for Yar 'Adua, what did they gain? They voted for Jonathan in 2011, what did they get? Now that they didn't vote for Buhari, what will they get?

The answer to all of the above is a resounding 'NOTHING'. It is surprising that when the SW voted for AD and AD lost, they were not criticized. The SS, SE and North were the ones who voted for Obasanjo. Did they get any credit for that?

For the first time, the SE voted in an election that the presidential candidate lost, they have suddenly become bad political strategists. They have become haters of the north and SW. In the past, wasn't the SE known for splitting it's vote across many parties? They were mocked for that too. Since 1999, they have embraced pdp and vote accordingly,yet they are still criticized.

Didn't the north and SW vote overwhelmingly for their own? Why the double standard? Even northern pdp members sabotaged their party because of religion and ethnicity. No region or ethnic group should be singled out for contempt. It is so unfair.

Buhari has won. He's the president of nigeria and not that of APC or SW and North. We will all support his effort, from North to South and from East to West. It is that simple. Why make it complicated?

I am one of the two that clicked "like" on your comment..........l guess GeneralShepard is the second! wink
I so much appreciate the comment because it comes from a heart that is:
1.) Annoyed
2.) Flabagasted
3.)Worried
4.) frustrated & Searching for answers
5.) Wants a change from the status-quo
6.)Seems ready to embrace "change", to move forward.

I will like to engage you on the issues you raised.

Lastpage!

I would have loved to discuss in detail but l am "engaged" seriously at the moment so, l will make short comments.
It seems you are saying "either way", Igbos dont seem to be accepted, which ever way they vote.

Seems so, really.

IMO, l think "voting in-block" is a good thing.
The question and the very important decision is:Who or which party you GIVE these BLOCK VOTES TO?
I think that is where Igbos usually make mistake.....wrong choice of candidate.
Also, some igbos always try to play the "spoiler" in every election, after colelcting MONEY....and the general Igbos follow such ignoble decision, with the result that others dont take Igbo serious.
read: Youth Democratic party, Authur Nzeribe, Kanu (Youth Earnestly Ask for Abacha), e.t.c

Suggestion: If Igbos can sit down and decide who gets their block votes, without the bias of religion, tribal hatred and reference to the Biafran war, believe me, they would make a good choice, a balance choice..... and reap the rewards.
BTW: Such decision is a "dynamics" and changes or may change from each election-cycle to another.

The above is my honest, respectful and dispassionate opinion, l stand corrected.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Bolade005: 6:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
laplace12:

It is not true.

Most companies are moving away from the North. The only remaining bank in the whole bauchi and yobe got bombed sometime last year.

A friend of mine went for a job interview in a multinational company last year, they begged him to take the offer and be posted to Kaduna but he refused. Its not only volatile areas that are affected.
Ask around, Kaduna is peaceful and far better than most states in the SE. YES.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
lastpage:

What stops them?
ANSWER: Democracy is a "game of numbers" ..........and IGBOS dont have the numbers!

WHY: They dont register in numbers, those that do, dont collect their PVC and those that have PVC are too busy selling their tribal agenda such that ANY Party that chose them as VP will likely suffer a hemorrhage at the polls.
For the average IGBO, its all about money/selling, all the time. Not bad but....e get limit.

What you should be more concerned about is "the CAUSE" of the so-called marginalisation.
I'll give you an example:
When the other parties in Lagos Guber elections "saw the hand-writing on the wall", what did they do?
They quickly CHANGE tactics and aligned with APC, knowing that if they dont, their effort at election will still be futile.... but in doing so, they are poised to "REAP" in the windfall of an APC/Ambode win, in the future.

If left to the "Igbo-mentality", they will, out of tribal hatred, still fight doggedly on, even though it is obviously futile! ...with the attendant loss in patronage that comes with such attitude

Trust me, Igbos will still vote for PDP-Jimi Agabaje in the next election even though it is a foolish political calculation.
That is how they "rationalize".... just to justify their hate for Yorubas/APC/Tinubu! grin grin grin

But when the winner is announced, you will (wont) be shocked to hear them either complaining of marginalisation ... or claiming and "boasting" they have a "right" to be accommodated/patronised! shocked grin
WTF? sad

"ATTITUDE" really needs to change and this rabid hatred of others is not paying-off, rather its a curse!

Lastpage!

So no hope for minority to rule this country abi? let them Grant us Biafra Nation so that with our number, we can produce our own President..
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bolade005:

People indeed have the right to vote for their choice candidate without fear or favour but when that choice is born out of sentiments and tribalism, then they should be ready to bear the brunt of their stupidity.

And really you should stop famzing the General now that he's won, you're a r*tard for saying you supported him. How did you support him? How many of your people did you convince to not let sentiment becloud their reasoning and vote for the right candidate, GMB?.

You were making sense till your second paragraph! God damn it, so I should have campaigned for Buhari abi? I should have left my msc in the uk to come and campaign for Buhari.

My friend, be careful

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by pazienza(m): 6:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bolade005:

I called you that in the spirit of brotherhood, I take that back.

I once lived in Abia too and I saw the level of rot in that place, I think SE needs the same attention as the North.

You meant Aba or Abia? Umuahia is a better state capital than Osogbo.

Aba is not the capital of Abia state. Can we compare Ogbomosho to Aba, in terms of economic, infrastructural and industrial development?

Worry more about the rot in the SW, especially Ibadan, leave Igboland alone.

2 Likes

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Bolade005: 6:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
pazienza:

No Yoruba state has more educated people than Anambra and Imo state. Thanks.
Are we cracking jokes here?. Nwanne bia, this is the politics section and not joke section of Nairaland.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
Equalizer:

So no hope for minority to rule this country abi? let them Grant us Biafra Nation so that with our number, we can produce our own President..

Biafra is not the solution, what have our thieving governors achieved in the South East since 1999?

Are they not the same fools that will rule Biafra?!

2 Likes

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by laplace12(m): 6:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bolade005:

I can't stop you from saying it, but we know it is not true.

We know you will not want to live in Kaduna for any reason presently.

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bolade005:

Is it Kaduna that I served abi another one?

Black gold camp 011.

Even before Bokoharam, Igbos get killed for flimsy excuses in KD
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by pazienza(m): 6:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bolade005:

Are we cracking jokes here?. Nwanne bia, this is the politics section and not joke section of Nairaland.

That's the fact, supported by the JAMB enrollment stats of the past 25 years and the unity schools cut off marks of each states of the federation. This is no Ogbomosho beer parlour empty chest beating.

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Bolade005: 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

You were making sense till your second paragraph! God damn it, so I should have campaigned for Buhari abi? I should have left my msc in the uk to come and campaign for Buhari.

My friend, be careful
I swear you're a ret*rd, my uncle lives in that UK and he was always on our neck telling us to make sure we collect our PVS and ensure we go out to vote. Do you know how many people back home he inspired to vote?. Nwanne, you're no supporter of Buhari, you're only famzing success.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
nagoma:

If by your first number 4. You mean Buhari stopping the Igbo cocaine courier business , yes you are right he will.
for ur mind u get bad mouth now... lemme not remember u today because of my friend fulaboy...
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Bolade005: 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
laplace12:

I can't stop you from saying it, but we know it is not true.

We know you will not want to live in Kaduna for any reason presently.
I won't move there presently for personal reasons not security reason.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by lastpage: 6:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

I am studying an Msc in the UK paid for with my salary fool! I am not on the same level with you. A student should plan for life after school. Goat!

I do not hate sensible Yorubas nor Hausas but folks like you should not be taken seriously. You and your ilk deserve to be scorned fool!

Shut-Up "small boy"! grin grin
I did that MSc in the early 90's! and l have three MSc's in the bag .............at least 15yrs ago!

If you need comparison, present your own father and let him and me stand toe-to-toe..... and we will know who is the man. undecided

It is a good thing we are "hiding" behind the internet as it affords us the opportunity to air our mind without worrying about our position in the society! Cappish?

Now go apologize to your foolish fadda at home, for raising you poorly otherwise, l am prepared to flush both of you down the Toilet this very minute
!
kiss kiss

Lastpage!

BTW: I read your previous comments as you suggested by YOU........ and l stand by my opinion that you are a "HATER"! wink
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bolade005:

I swear you're a ret*rd, my uncle lives in that UK and he was always on our neck telling us to make sure we collect our PVS and ensure we go out to vote. Do you know how many people back home he inspired to vote?. Nwanne, you're no supporter of Buhari, you're only famzing success.

Some of us have important things to do with our lives unlike your less-busy uncle. So swerve my boy
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
lastpage:

Shut-Up "small boy"! grin grin
I did that MSc in the early 90's! and l have three MSc's in the bag .............at least 15yrs ago!

If you need comparison, present your own father and let him and me stand toe-to-toe..... and we will know who is the man. undecided

It is a good thing we are "hiding" behind the internet as it affords us the opportunity to air our mind without worrying about our position in the society! Cappish?

Now go apologize to your foolish fadda at home, for raising you poorly otherwise, l am prepared to flush both of you down the Toilet this very minute
!
kiss kiss

Lastpage!

BTW: I read your previous comments as you suggested by YOU........ and l stand by my opinion that you are a "HATER"! wink

You have three masters and still so foolish. This is an indictment on your professors. Anyway, I am sure you don't even have an OND but you can claim 3 msc in NL.

I'll allow you. Agbaya

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by mavinc4u(f): 6:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
Gullible youths. The man said he wants GMB to give us steady power supply. Did he say give igbos or Nigerias? Na wah for some people
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bolade005:

And it is PVC! Not PVS olodo!
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Smooyis(m): 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
In the new nigeria of my dream, no igbo, yoruba or hausa, but nigerian and nigerian interest at all times. Enough of tribal and religious hatred. One Nigeria, one love!
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
It's just funny, the southsouth and the southeast voted for Gej and sm others. Gej won in Nassarawa, plateau, ekiti, in almost all d southsouth state apart from Edo... I was going to vote for Gej but I discovered that since my state governor was supporting Apc I should follow him too, since if hour wins I know we wud be favored, but GMB is win nobody is talking abt this other states that voted for Gej, all of a sudden all dz states have turned to Igbo, and sm ppl re saying we shud be punished... my own conclusion is dat am gonna say it in bold "DO YOUR WORSE"...
If u say u won't develop d east, if u say u won't put any igbo man in govt, if u say u wud reduce our allocation, ok... But wat goes around comes around... we igbo's owe nobody any apology simple.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by lastpage: 6:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
Equalizer:

There is, Jonathan was a minority.
What l think needs to happen is for minorities to "align" with themselves as a block vote and support the best candidate with a proviso that "it will be our turn in so-so years".
I think that agreement can be respected...though GEJ did not respect it.

Democracy is good but unfortunately, it is about the "numbers' such that the majority tend to dominate the minority.
Also, we can enshrine an "affirmative action" in the constitution which says that "A minority tribe must produce the President say every 12years".
The only cache will be that the Minority must produce "THE BEST" they have..... not some mediocre person.

Every tribe has brilliant folks amongst them. I dont even think Jonathan is anything near the best that the S/S can put forward. I will rather an Amaechi than a Jonathan, be president.

Also, with the "eventual" perfection of the Electronic voting system, the ensuring that each Vote counts, l think masses will get to a stage where they will decide they want to vote for a PERSON (say Rochas or Amaechi) irrespective of where he comes from or the party he represents.
Religion and Tribe are what is being used to cause the problems and prevent everyone from thinking straight, right now.

We will get there.

Lastpage!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chibok Girls Abductor Arrested / Corruption Fighting Back And Its Effects On The Economy. / "Yan Shara" Emerges In Kaduna, Terrorizes Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.