Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari (37519 Views)

Blue Diamond Boss-festus Mbisiogu Builds Hospital For His Community Umuchima / Supreme Court Announces 22 New SANs, Festus Keyamo Missing From The List / Fashola Unveils Agenda For Roads, Power And Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by lastpage: 7:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
lestat:

Hey...hey!!! Have you ever hear the saying that if you fight with a fool no one can tell the difference between you from afar?
PS: I am Igbo and you are embarrassing yourself

Okay, No fighting!

***Enters inside house to devour a big bowl of Amala, with Ewedu and Oyel Soup*** grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Neplusultra(f): 7:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
uchennaq:
Some people are so self centered with their foolish opinion here, you that is ranting that bihari will deal with Igbo people, you Yoruba and Hausa as a common man, what have you benefited from past leadership. If you like don't go and look for job. Whether buhari marginalise, I have never and will never depend on federal govt. Some of us are busy making serious hard currency online and your busy ranting. Buhari will never give you or your family money, he does not even know you at all. Lol
Dem be fools!!!
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Yes you did, I'm a witness. Now how are your fulani and yoruba brother s in APC treating you now. I would like ApC to make Ngige, Rochas, irrelevant. So they can retrace their step and understand that APC is rabidly anti-Igbo. It vindicates people like us. APC must be made to remain a regional party. Nobody can say PDP is regional. That's the advantage PDP will have over APC in 4 years time.

One APC supporter told me on this thread that I am famzing the General!

The thinking of most APC supporters is disgraceful.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bolade005:

Siilly excuse. You swerve, Son.

When you pay 5 million in school fees and go to school everyday from 9 to 5 in very cold conditions, then we can discuss if it's a silly excuse.

Neither Buhari nor Gej paid my school fees, so I really do have important things to do unlike your jobless uncle.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Neplusultra(f): 7:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

I'm waiting for you and all your family members to become dollar millionaires under Buharis change regime. If he does not make every yorubas Billionaires and trillionaires then you are confirmed slaves.
We don't want to see beggars in Osun and Oyo. Buhari must change all that .
After four years we will take stock and i as an Igboman will compare my standard of living with yours. God keep us alive. cheesy
Amen o!!!
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Chommieblaq(f): 8:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
Am a supporter of GMB n I will advise he should be a Democrat n fair buh if he ain't na him bizness. Nigeria need d igbos as much as they need Nigeria too. And we are just too hard working that we don't give a damn.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Athanatos(m): 8:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
Bolade005:

People indeed have the right to vote for their choice candidate without fear or favour but when that choice is born out of sentiments and tribalism, then they should be ready to bear the brunt of their stupidity.

And really you should stop famzing the General now that he's won, you're a r*tard for saying you supported him. How did you support him? How many of your people did you convince to not let sentiment becloud their reasoning and vote for the right candidate, GMB?.

I don't get you.

So a white man that did not vote for Obama in the 2008 Elections is now racist abi?

Why this witch hunting?

Can't we Ibos vote whoever we want?

Biko,most of us voted Jonathan and he lost,but if the general decides to punish us for our "sins",then we're up for it.

If we could get to this level with 20 pounds,what can we not do?

Bikonu leave us alone. We want no trouble. We only exercised our civic rights.

#Team20pounds

2 Likes

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
Mcowubaba:
~
Young cos m 32,~ dress like m 22,~ flow like a 18..do what I wanna do_Jay z(diamond is forever....)

Bro peace#......
i feel ya

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by ArodewilliamsT: 8:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
lastpage:

I am already one.
I have a son who will soon graduate from Med School in the States and he will likely be a millionaire as well.
So, its a tradition in our own family, to be successful.
Our success does not depend on Buhari but we will support him to repair the country and lift others out of poverty.

If you think voting for a better candidate, which obviously Buhari is, compared to Jonathan, is slavery.... well, let your people be whinning and ranting while the "Slaves" continue to rule and make policies for them.
Did it occur to you that your next VP is a "slave"? tongue tongue
Did it occur to you that if Buhari says he doesn't want a second term, the "Slave" will then become your President?

"Stewpidity beyond compare", is when you call those who rule you "slaves"!

Lastpage!

BTW: There are Beggars in N-York, London and elsewhere.
It is not a measure of failure or success of a Government. Get an Education please...... it will definitely improve your mentality and standard of living! Stop running after Money, all the time.
Let Money run after you, for once.
wink undecided

You even have grey hairs on your scrotum yet you are shouting 'lastpage' and what not all over the net like a yoruba tout.
It is a tradition in your family to be successful yet your family members are all over the streets of Osun carrying begging bowls. I have told you 'change' agents to make sure Buhari makes you all billionaires before 2019, because in 2019 i will be going around the streets of Oshogbo with a big microphone and a camera asking your street beggars and madmen how they are enjoying the 'Change'.

Finally, i am in Igboman i have never tasted poverty. We don't run after Money, it runs after us in my family. That's we are called the Akanchawa family. Peace yo!.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Larow(m): 8:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

You are now Hausa! Hahahahaha

Have you heard of Beloxxi in Agbara worth over 6 billion naira. Do you know its owned by a man named Obi EzeudE? Does the name sound yoruba?

Many of the companies in Agbara that are not multinationals are not owned by Yoruba! Goat.

Have you heard of Gzi? Who owns it?
oponu! Which state benefits it? Or u think ur underdeveloped igbo states will have a share of the taxes payed by the company? Just take dis piece of advice and go back so as to develop ur area and stop wasting ur time in developing an already developed area!

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Fulaboy(m): 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
lygn19:
for ur mind u get bad mouth now... lemme not remember u today because of my friend fulaboy...
what's up here cool
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by efficiencie(m): 9:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
This thread is just another ORUBEBEDOM full of ethnic ORUBEBITES biting eachother at will and spreading the dreaded ORUBEBETIS disease... [size=20] Na overdose of Jegaquine Phosphate una need o! [/size]

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by andyanders: 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
Where him see Electricity? No light in Nigeria, period.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Dcaliphate(m): 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
Oziddy:
My brothers should go and rest biko, any Ill treatment they receive from Buhari's Administration Were caused by themselves.
B.I.G F.O.O.L
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Dcaliphate(m): 9:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
Oziddy:
My brothers should go and rest biko, any Ill treatment they receive from Buhari's Administration Were caused by themselves.
B.I.G F.O.O.L, you and your senseless like freaks
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Eluwilussit(m): 9:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
lastpage:

Dont take everything you read here, personally.
I for one, "erase" these comments from my memory, once l shut my browser.
I used the word "pained", not in the derogatory sense but like a sort of "wish it were not so".

Now, at times, we write comments that hurt others... and some people dont forget it that easily, like others.

I was doing a review of comments "Before and After" the election and l can tell you, if we are to be honest, the Igbos not only stuck out their neck for Jonathan (which is normal, that is politics and its their right), but they also went a little bit far in the "personal attacks" on other tribes. They made it "too obvious" that the only reason they would not vote Buhari is that he is a Northerner!. They also insulted his religion, his Education and when they saw that the Yorubas were not going to abandon Buhari, they started attacking the Yorubas as well, calling them name like Slaves! Even on this thread, l am sure you would have seen it more than ten times. grin grin

"Action and reaction, tend to be equal and opposite" so l will add that the other tribes also responded "in like manner".

I suspect that now that we have a Victor and a Vanquished, the Yorubas are trying to get under their skin in retaliation but this is still normal and Politics (though not desirable) if not that the Igbos seems to be "brazenly" making a U-turn and trying to assume some form of "glory and vanquishing" (if you read posts like Igbos won and Yoruba lost,... GEJ achieved what OBJ could not achieve", e.t.c)

Okay, personally, l see "some" of these things with some sense of humor and skin-deep. Others dont.

Let me suggest as somebody pointed out: The animosity is not that deep!
As a Yoruba, l can swear that l dont judge Igbos (in the real world) based on the nonsense we exchange online. That would be unfair...
We are like siblings of the same father, ... we fight and make-up ...but we can never be sworn enemies.
If some Igbos can marry Yorubas.........and vice versa, producing offsprings that l will call "YoGboba" grin grin ...where then is the hatred?

More importantly, l will "humbly" suggest that Igbos should let by-gones be by-gones as it relate to the Civil War.
It is not an act of cowardice but there is a lot of bravery in saying "I forgive and forget"

Without that, they can never find peace in this country called Nigeria.
Biafra may not come as quickly as envisaged, it may never come, but for the time being, why cant we commit to what we have at hand - Nigeria?
How do you think other Nigerians feel when Igbis keep harping about breaking away..... instead on harping on "fairplay and justice, equity and respect"?
Mistakes were made by both sides which resulted into war.
But to still hang-on to those memories (l blame "Papa" for this) and reflect it in thoughts and deeds...after fifty years?
Its not positive and forward-thinking.

Do you know that your attitude to me (even online) has affected my disposition towards you? That is a fact of life.
What is inside you, affects the aura surrounding you.
I know its easier said than done but we ALL need to make effort to say "hey, lets wipe the slate clean and let us deal with ourselves based on face-value".

Its a job for the new generation.
But let fellas relax, Buhari wont marginalise Igbos or anyone. That would be unjust and you cant repay evil with evil...

BTW: Did you realize that myself and probably 85% of Yorubas of the S/West voted for Jonathan in 2011, just as we were ready to "war" with the North if they dont allow him to take over, after the demise of Yar Ardua? Do you still think we could not have sided with the Northern cabal back them..... if we are not always on the side of justice and equity?
Think about it for a moment.

It will be well, after all the brouhaha.
Cheers.

Lastpage!

Lastpage my man, thanks for your time. I wish we will meet someday. I am also glad to know that whatever most of the people say here, ends here. That being so, don't you think that it is hypocritical to assume that what the Igbos said about the Yorubas and Hausas on NL, is the true reflection of the totality of the SE? Why shouldn't it end here as well? Why castigate a whole tribe because of the actions of some on Nairaland? How many igbos are on NL?

I don't care whether the haters are igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, ibibios or Tivs, the bottom line is that I personally, am tired of tribal comments and sentiments. I really hope most of the thrash I read here, ends here and are not the way we truly feel about one another.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Dcaliphate(m): 9:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
lastpage:

[size=18pt]How can people suffering from "GRANDEUR OF SELF DELUSION" ever lose?[/size] shocked shocked grin grin grin

[size=14pt]Show me an Ostrich... and l will show you an Igbo! [/size]undecided undecided

All these "attache" to #SaiBaaba Buhari they are trying to do.....( in a shameless manner at that), is getting them nowhere.

Anyway sha, we know our "Gra-Gra" brothers, no be today. wink wink

Lastpage!
Bigot, I.diot, Bigot, I.diot, Bigot, I.diot. sound alike dont they? thats you for short, s.enseless comment.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Dcaliphate(m): 9:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
lastpage:

[size=18pt]How can people suffering from "GRANDEUR OF SELF DELUSION" ever lose?[/size] shocked shocked grin grin grin

[size=14pt]Show me an Ostrich... and l will show you an Igbo! [/size]undecided undecided

All these "attache" to #SaiBaaba Buhari they are trying to do.....( in a shameless manner at that), is getting them nowhere.

Anyway sha, we know our "Gra-Gra" brothers, no be today. wink wink

Lastpage!
my dad is yoruba, my mum is hausa, yet i think u r a f.ool
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by datribune: 10:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
d hate on GMB by d igbo is unequalled. I'd not lose any sleep should he decide to pay them back in their own coins.
Realizing dat GEJ has failed nigeria monumentally, entreaties were made to all political parties to join hands in a grand alliance to form a major opposition to d PDP & save nigeria frm d evil grip of corruption. Unfortunately there was a problem - while other tribes will in d national interest withdraw their support frm even theirs if cited for corruption, wrongdoing or incompetence, ndigbo will rather support even barefaced crimininalty as far as it is perpetrated by an igbo or as in dis case an Azikiwe whom they see as theirs. Even as we speak, many igbo continue to hate on d General 4 no just cause & keep pouring opprobrium on their prominent sons who hav seen d light.

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
Oziddy:

You are not sensible and secondly you aren't an Igbo man. Your stupidity screams to high heavens.

Does a President take his seat to punish or marginalize a section of the country ? It has been such silly and illiterate mentality that kept Nigeria in dunundrums of corruption. Was GEJ such a vindictive man, will Buhari become President elect today ?

Did Obasanjo give Buhari an opportunity of free and fair elections in 2003 ? Or did every section of Nigeria vote Jonathan in 2011 ? Who did GEJ marginalize ?
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
datribune:
d hate on GMB by d igbo is unequalled. I'd not lose any sleep should he decide to pay them back in their own coins.
Realizing dat GEJ has failed nigeria monumentally, entreaties were made to all political parties to join hands in a grand alliance to form a major opposition to d PDP & save nigeria frm d evil grip of corruption. Unfortunately there was a problem - while other tribes will in d national interest withdraw their support frm even theirs if cited for corruption, wrongdoing or incompetence, ndigbo will rather support even barefaced crimininalty as far as it is perpetrated by an igbo or as in dis case an Azikiwe whom they see as theirs. Even as we speak, many igbo continue to hate on d General 4 no just cause & keep pouring opprobrium on their prominent sons who hav seen d light.

Who are you to judge the choices of another man. Do you by any case see yourself as a god ? What makes you think that your side of the divide is the better side ?

Live and let live is still alien to you and your likes.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by datribune: 10:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
Naughtysite:

Who are you to judge the choices of another man. Do you by any case see yourself as a god ? What makes you think that your side of the divide is the better side ?

Live and let live is still alien to you and your likes.

Facts will not cease to be facts because u want to ignore them. I listed facts. d demands by dis group shows how conscienceless, greedy & morally deficient some folks can be. People dat voted massively 4 d General ar not making demands but those who keep hating him even as we speak ar already making demands b4 his inauguration. Even on dis forum d hate by mostly igbo posters is palpable. U can literally feel it. GEJ failed in every aspect of leading our country but d bigots even though they admitted he disappointed kept up d support.
During OBJ's tenure his greatest critics were his kinsmen. When GEJ was denied his right which groups were in d forefront of ensuring he got what was rightly his?. Why would d igbo stick by someone who was a monumental failure. smh. Nigeria is not a tribe or religion but a country.

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by VoteOutPDPJona: 11:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
evesdon4u:

“We congratulate General Mohamad Buhari whom Nigerians have called to bring the change that we clamour. By his antecedents, we know he can deliver on his two major campaign promises of eradicating corruption and giving the people a steady power supply. We hereby call on him to consolidate on the effort of President Jonathan on the power sector,” he said, adding that in this age and time, Nigeria with the largest economy in Africa should not depend on generator for power supply.”

http://newtelegraphonline.com/igbo-man-of-the-year-sets-agenda-for-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by lastpage: 5:37am On Apr 04, 2015
Dcaliphate:

my dad is yoruba, my mum is hausa, yet i think u r a f.oo l

You are a "MISTAKE" of DEFILEMENT! grin grin grin

Yorubas dont produce "B@stards" like yours.

Go look for your "fadda" somewhere around Somalia! shocked shocked

Now Scram before l flush you down the Toilet.

Lastpage!
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by forgoodwithgod: 5:42am On Apr 04, 2015
AwesomelyMade:

What manner of man are you?

Senseless man he is... Do u need to ask?
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by lastpage: 5:50am On Apr 04, 2015
datribune:

Facts will not cease to be facts because u want to ignore them. I listed facts. d demands by dis group shows how conscienceless, greedy & morally deficient some folks can be. People dat voted massively 4 d General ar not making demands but those who keep hating him even as we speak ar already making demands b4 his inauguration. Even on dis forum d hate by mostly igbo posters is palpable. U can literally feel it. GEJ failed in every aspect of leading our country but d bigots even though they admitted he disappointed kept up d support.
During OBJ's tenure his greatest critics were his kinsmen. When GEJ was denied his right which groups were in d forefront of ensuring he got what was rightly his?. Why would d igbo stick by someone who was a monumental failure. smh. Nigeria is not a tribe or religion but a country.

At the red-lines.

That issue is very worrisome.
I would have expected them to keep a "low profile" for sometime, and allow things/emotions to cool down.
That would have been the mature option but some of them want to do a sort of "in-your-face" braggadocio thinking that is what makes one immune to shame!

On a serious note, l have not seen more than one or two Igbos who have admitted that such demands is very rude and reeks of shameless effrontery! Majority actually condemn the one or two, calling them fools!
Why cant our Eastern brothers take a chill and be objective, call what is wrong ...WRONG?

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by lastpage: 6:21am On Apr 04, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Lastpage my man, thanks for your time. I wish we will meet someday. I am also glad to know that whatever most of the people say here, ends here. That being so, don't you think that it is hypocritical to assume that what the Igbos said about the Yorubas and Hausas on NL, is the true reflection of the totality of the SE? Why shouldn't it end here as well? Why castigate a whole tribe because of the actions of some on Nairaland? How many igbos are on NL?

I don't care whether the haters are igbos, Yorubas, Hausas, ibibios or Tivs, the bottom line is that[b] I personally, am tired of tribal comments and sentiments.[/b] I really hope most of the thrash I read here, ends here and are not the way we truly feel about one another.

Please, dont let it get to you.........
I use N/Land as a means of unwinding and that s why, if you go through my posts, you will see some that are in the jokes section and some in Religion while some are in Romance! grin
I would not want anyone to take comments on N/L very serious for one, we are all faceless to ourselves!.
The Cow insulting me up there might have sold handkerchief to me in slow-traffic yet he did not abuse me and wouldn't dare but on NL. everything goes! grin
Again, we can generalize! Stereotyping a whole nation, whether Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa, has NEVER worked simply because in every tribe, there are wonderful people, people who are sure better than you, who is making the generalization.

Having said that, there could be "predominant Character traits" which can be extrapolated to the point of "assuming" it is widespread enough to represent a group of people..... but even at that, there are still samples that wont fit that generalisation.

Bottom-line: Take anything you read on N/L, with a pinch of salt and please, develop a thick skin for "abuse", if you want to delve into N/land.
there are cases where someone would not even read what you wrote and will go ahead to heap the worst invectives on you ... like you are his bad neighbor living next door! grin

I have very wonderful Igbo friends who have "individually" earned my trust. Those ones l can trust with my life, irrespective of what some Igbo clown says on N/L. They in-turn, understand our differences, our strength and weaknesses. We have all come to terms with our past and we do not let it hold us down or prevent us from forging a good and rewarding relationship, going forward.

Most of the ranters on N/L are actually have "personal issues" in their private life and do "vent" on innocent people they dont even know, on N/land! shocked shocked

My assumption (in real life) is that every human being is good, irrespective of their religion, language, tribe, sex or belief and [size=18pt] would be treated thus....until such person can prove otherwise.[/size]

I know Buhari will fight corruption and l can vouch for his independence of mind to the point that he would never witch-hunt anyone.
Yorubas complaining here actually do not want him to witch-hunt Igbos, they are just annoyed that it an Igbo (generalization) who did not vote for Buhari, is the first to start putting him under pressure or making undue demands of him.
I think that is the point everyone is trying to put across. But dont let it bother you.

Bros, let me wish you a wonderful Easter and blessed week ahead.
if it is God's will, we will meet ....though l generally enjoy this anonymity as it allows me to blow steam without any worry! grin grin

Cheers

Lastpage!

To everybody else: lets take a chill. Its Easter, nothing do us, na we-we.
If you are in lagos, dont forget to vote "omo-Baba", l assure you that if he does not surpass fashola's performance in his first term, he can kiss it goodbye as we would give him the 'Jonathan treatment".
No politician is sacred. And let us support INEC/Jega to perfect the use of card reader, it is to the benefit of we voters if politicians cannot alter our votes.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Oziddy: 6:37am On Apr 04, 2015
Naughtysite:

You are not sensible and secondly you aren't an Igbo man. Your stupidity screams to high heavens.

Does a President take his seat to punish or marginalize a section of the country ? It has been such silly and illiterate mentality that kept Nigeria in dunundrums of corruption. Was GEJ such a vindictive man, will Buhari become President elect today ?

Did Obasanjo give Buhari an opportunity of free and fair elections in 2003 ? Or did every section of Nigeria vote Jonathan in 2011 ? Who did GEJ marginalize ?
abi, u're correct.oooo
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Dcaliphate(m): 8:02am On Apr 04, 2015
lastpage:

You are a "MISTAKE" of DEFILEMENT! grin grin grin

Yorubas dont produce "B@stards" like yours.

Go look for your "fadda" somewhere around Somalia! shocked shocked

Now Scram before l flush you down the Toilet.

Lastpage!
If i reply your ineptitude, i run the risk of becoming like u, so i wont do that. I only blame the parents that raised you, gosh! they did a bad job, you my friend, are one sick puppy.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by uzoexcel(m): 8:56am On Apr 04, 2015
Em....em
Bbuhari chose okadigbo as his running mate in 2003 but we igbos chose to vote for obj..he chose ume ezeoke as his running mate in 2007.... Clearly there was no advantage gained by him in runnin wid an igbo person..can we then blame him 4 rollin wid d ssouth west?
Equalizer:

I still maintain my stand that the Igbos are being marginalized.. What stops the APC from appointing an Igbo man as their Presidential or Vice Presidential candidate?
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by datribune: 10:05am On Apr 04, 2015
lastpage:

At the red-lines.

That issue is very worrisome.
I would have expected them to keep a "low profile" for sometime, and allow things/emotions to cool down.
That would have been the mature option but some of them want to do a sort of "in-your-face" braggadocio thinking that is what makes one immune to shame!

On a serious note, l have not seen more than one or two Igbos who have admitted that such demands is very rude and reeks of shameless effrontery! Majority actually condemn the one or two, calling them fools!
Why cant our Eastern brothers take a chill and be objective, call what is wrong ...WRONG?

Lastpage!

Absolutely. I agree completely. It is shameful dat supposedly enlightened people could be so blinded by hate dat they bcom so irrational.
Re: Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari by Eluwilussit(m): 4:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
lastpage:

Please, dont let it get to you.........
I use N/Land as a means of unwinding and that s why, if you go through my posts, you will see some that are in the jokes section and some in Religion while some are in Romance! grin
I would not want anyone to take comments on N/L very serious for one, we are all faceless to ourselves!.
The Cow insulting me up there might have sold handkerchief to me in slow-traffic yet he did not abuse me and wouldn't dare but on NL. everything goes! grin
Again, we can generalize! Stereotyping a whole nation, whether Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa, has NEVER worked simply because in every tribe, there are wonderful people, people who are sure better than you, who is making the generalization.

Having said that, there could be "predominant Character traits" which can be extrapolated to the point of "assuming" it is widespread enough to represent a group of people..... but even at that, there are still samples that wont fit that generalisation.

Bottom-line: Take anything you read on N/L, with a pinch of salt and please, develop a thick skin for "abuse", if you want to delve into N/land.
there are cases where someone would not even read what you wrote and will go ahead to heap the worst invectives on you ... like you are his bad neighbor living next door! grin

I have very wonderful Igbo friends who have "individually" earned my trust. Those ones l can trust with my life, irrespective of what some Igbo clown says on N/L. They in-turn, understand our differences, our strength and weaknesses. We have all come to terms with our past and we do not let it hold us down or prevent us from forging a good and rewarding relationship, going forward.

Most of the ranters on N/L are actually have "personal issues" in their private life and do "vent" on innocent people they dont even know, on N/land! shocked shocked

My assumption (in real life) is that every human being is good, irrespective of their religion, language, tribe, sex or belief and [size=18pt] would be treated thus....until such person can prove otherwise.[/size]

I know Buhari will fight corruption and l can vouch for his independence of mind to the point that he would never witch-hunt anyone.
Yorubas complaining here actually do not want him to witch-hunt Igbos, they are just annoyed that it an Igbo (generalization) who did not vote for Buhari, is the first to start putting him under pressure or making undue demands of him.
I think that is the point everyone is trying to put across. But dont let it bother you.

Bros, let me wish you a wonderful Easter and blessed week ahead.
if it is God's will, we will meet ....though l generally enjoy this anonymity as it allows me to blow steam without any worry! grin grin

Cheers

Lastpage!

To everybody else: lets take a chill. Its Easter, nothing do us, na we-we.
If you are in lagos, dont forget to vote "omo-Baba", l assure you that if he does not surpass fashola's performance in his first term, he can kiss it goodbye as we would give him the 'Jonathan treatment".
No politician is sacred. And let us support INEC/Jega to perfect the use of card reader, it is to the benefit of we voters if politicians cannot alter our votes.

Don't worry about me. It doesn't change the way I relate to everyone. I am worried about the less intelligent and uneducated ones, that might take things at face value.

You know it is easy to sow hate, especially in this day and age of social media. Not everyone will bother to verify everything they read. it is well.

Happy Easter to you as well. Enjoy your weekend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Jonathan Sealed Kwara Deal For Saraki / Police Helicopter In Kwara Ahead Of Bye-Election, Causes Panic Among Residents / Adamu Garba: Cows Shouldn’t Be Roaming About In 21st Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.